Subject Areas on Research
- "Doctor, I hurt right here!" The single digit sign.
- 'Here's looking at you, kid' … again? Revisiting multiphase CT in children.
- A Comparison of Patient-Reported Outcomes in Bipedicled Total Abdominal versus Unipedicled Hemiabdominal Free Flaps for Unilateral Breast Reconstruction.
- A Novel 3D Unsupervised Domain Adaptation Framework for Cross-Modality Medical Image Segmentation.
- A comparison of Depodur, a novel, single-dose extended-release epidural morphine, with standard epidural morphine for pain relief after lower abdominal surgery.
- A methodology for co-registering abdominal MR images over multiple breath-holds.
- A multisite phase III study of the safety and efficacy of a new manganese chloride-based gastrointestinal contrast agent for MRI of the abdomen and pelvis.
- A prospective clinical and pathological examination of injection site reactions with the HIV-1 fusion inhibitor enfuvirtide.
- A switch in the control of growth of the wing imaginal disks of Manduca sexta.
- A unique abdominoplasty approach in management of "buried" penis in adulthood.
- AIUM practice guideline for the performance of an ultrasound examination of the abdomen and/or retroperitoneum.
- Abdominal MR imaging at 3T.
- Abdominal and obstetric applications of a dynamically focused phased array real time ultrasound system.
- Abdominal and pelvic adipose tissue distribution and risk of prostate cancer recurrence after radiation therapy.
- Abdominal fat pad aspiration biopsy for tissue confirmation of systemic amyloidosis: specificity, positive predictive value, and diagnostic pitfalls.
- Abdominal magnetic resonance imaging at 3.0 T what is the ultimate gain in signal-to-noise ratio?
- Abdominal muscle activity during speech production.
- Abdominal pain and weight loss in a patient with well controlled diabetes.
- Abdominal pain resembling acute appendicitis in Rocky Mountain spotted fever.
- Abdominal percutaneous interventional procedures: comparison of CT and US guidance.
- Abdominal repair of vesicovaginal fistula.
- Abdominopelvic and lower extremity deep venous thrombosis: evaluation with contrast-enhanced MR venography with a blood-pool agent.
- Abdominoperineal Resection for Rectal Cancer in the Twenty-First Century: Indications, Techniques, and Outcomes.
- Accurate fatty acid composition estimation of adipose tissue in the abdomen based on bipolar multi-echo MRI.
- Acoustic radiation force impulse imaging of the abdomen: demonstration of feasibility and utility.
- Acoustic radiation force impulse imaging: in vivo demonstration of clinical feasibility.
- Acute and late toxicity of patients with inflammatory bowel disease undergoing irradiation for abdominal and pelvic neoplasms.
- Adhesive Small Bowel Obstruction: Early Operative versus Observational Management.
- Adiposity and Incident Heart Failure and its Subtypes: MESA (Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis).
- Adrenal hemorrhage in patients with primary antiphospholipid syndrome: imaging findings.
- Adult abdomen-pelvis CT: Does equilibrium dose-pitch product better account for the kVp dependence of organ dose than conventional CTDI?
- Anuria resulting from extrinsic ureteral compression.
- Are there patients with stage I rectal carcinoma at risk for failure after abdominoperineal resection?
- Arterial blood flow of all abdominal-pelvic organs using Doppler ultrasound: range, variability and physiological impact.
- Asynchronous thoraco-abdominal motion contributes to decreased 6-minute walk test in patients with COPD.
- Biomechanical response targets for physical and computational models of the pediatric trunk.
- Body weight and fat deposition in prolactin receptor-deficient mice.
- CT angiography with spiral CT and maximum intensity projection.
- Campylobacter enteritis: clinical and epidemiologic features.
- Can virtual monochromatic images from dual-energy CT replace low-kVp images for abdominal contrast-enhanced CT in small- and medium-sized patients?
- Case report of Staphylococcus aureus endocarditis after navel piercing.
- Challenges in screening for hepatocellular carcinoma in the glycogen storage disease type 1a population.
- Characteristics of abdominal vein thrombosis in children and adults.
- Characterization of neuronal protein phosphatases in Aplysia californica.
- Clinico-pathologic conference: 12-year-old girl with fatigue, anemia, weight loss, abdominal distention, and occasional nausea and vomiting.
- Colonic uptake of Tc-99m MDP in pseudomembranous colitis.
- Comparison of postoperative pain outcomes after vertical or Pfannenstiel incision for major gynecologic surgery.
- Comparison of sonographic and CT guidance techniques: does CT fluoroscopy decrease procedure time?
- Comparison of the Viability and Yield of Adipose-Derived Stem Cells (ASCs) from Different Donor Areas.
- Compound scanning with a phased array.
- Contrast material for combined abdominal and pelvic CT: can cost be reduced by increasing the concentration and decreasing the volume?
- Correction of hysteretic respiratory motion in SPECT myocardial perfusion imaging: Simulation and patient studies.
- Current practice of abdominal fascial closure: a survey of Ontario general surgeons.
- Development and longitudinal validation of the overall benefit of analgesia score: a simple multi-dimensional quality assessment instrument.
- Diabetes mellitus in long-term survivors of childhood cancer. Increased risk associated with radiation therapy: a report for the childhood cancer survivor study.
- Diabetic thoracoabdominal neuropathy.
- Diagnosis of metastatic renal cell carcinoma on fine-needle aspiration cytology.
- Dietary patterns and the metabolic syndrome in obese and non-obese Framingham women.
- Differences in morbidity and mortality with percutaneous versus open surgical drainage of postoperative intra-abdominal infections: a review of 686 cases.
- Does preoperative topical antimicrobial scrub reduce positive surgical site culture rates in men undergoing artificial urinary sphincter placement?
- Does this adult patient have a blunt intra-abdominal injury?
- Donor-Derived Neuroendocrine Carcinoma Transmission to Two Kidney Transplant Recipients Demonstrated by Short Tandem Repeat Analysis: A Case Report.
- Dose coefficients in pediatric and adult abdominopelvic CT based on 100 patient models.
- Ectopic pregnancy: 'classic' vs common presentation.
- Effects of automatic tube potential selection on radiation dose index, image quality, and lesion detectability in pediatric abdominopelvic CT and CTA: a phantom study.
- Effects of dose ranging of adenosine infusion on electrocardiographic findings during and after general anesthesia.
- Endovascular stent graft repair of an infrarenal abdominal aortic aneurysm with a horseshoe kidney.
- Enhanced recovery and the changing landscape of major abdominal surgery.
- Estimated fetal weight: applicability to small- and large-for-gestational-age fetus.
- Estrogen receptor-beta expression in extraabdominal fibromatoses: an analysis of 40 cases.
- Evaluating the Benefit of Elevated Acoustic Output in Harmonic Motion Estimation in Ultrasonic Shear Wave Elasticity Imaging.
- Evaluation of integrated respiratory gating systems on a Novalis Tx system.
- Examining reoperation and readmission after hepatic surgery.
- Expansion and evaluation of data characterizing the structural behavior of the pediatric abdomen.
- Experimental effects of hyperbaric oxygen on selected clostridial species. II. In-vitro studies in mice.
- Exploratory electrocardiography: use of isopotential surface maps.
- Extraperitoneal gas following nephrectomy: patterns and duration.
- FRODO pulse sequences: a new means of eliminating motion, flow, and wraparound artifacts.
- Failure of cerebrospinal fluid shunts: part II: overdrainage, loculation, and abdominal complications.
- Fast spin-echo imaging of the abdomen during breath-holding: an alternative to RASE and other fast imaging techniques.
- Fetal anthropometry at term: effect of menstrual age and relative fetal size.
- Fetal biometry in the Brachmann-de Lange syndrome.
- Fine-needle biopsy: prospective comparison of aspiration versus nonaspiration techniques in the abdomen.
- Fluid management in abdominal surgery: what, when, and when not to administer.
- Free-breathing abdominal MRI improved by repeated k-t-subsampling and artifact-minimization (ReKAM).
- Gain in signal-to-noise for first-pass contrast-enhanced abdominal MR angiography at 3 Tesla over standard 1.5 Tesla: prediction with a computer model.
- Gene transfer and expression in rat cardiac transplants.
- Hand-assisted laparoscopic surgery (HALS) with the HandPort system: initial experience with 68 patients.
- Handoscopic surgery: a prospective multicenter trial of a minimally invasive technique for complex abdominal surgery. Southern Surgeons' Club Study Group.
- Hemodynamic relationships among upper-abdominal aorta and femoral arteries: basis for measurement of arterial blood flow to abdominal-pelvic organs.
- Hemostatic agent and concomitant abdominal abscess.
- IV Fluids for Major Surgery: Reply.
- Identification of progesterone receptor in human subcutaneous adipose tissue.
- If the Patient Is Frail, Emergency Abdominal Surgery Is High Risk.
- Images in cardiovascular medicine: in vivo imaging of the adult Drosophila melanogaster heart with real-time optical coherence tomography.
- Implementation of graphic user interface screen capture solution for workflow assessment of abdominal MR examinations valuable tool to analyze discrepancies in expected and experienced MR table time.
- Improving Patient-Centered Transitional Care after Complex Abdominal Surgery.
- Incorporation of a left ventricle finite element model defining infarction into the XCAT imaging phantom.
- Inhibition of sympathetic pathways restores postoperative ileus in the upper and lower gastrointestinal tract.
- Insulin and glucose homeostasis in childhood cancer survivors treated with abdominal radiation: A pilot study.
- Integrated parallel reception, excitation, and shimming (iPRES) with multiple shim loops per radio-frequency coil element for improved B0 shimming.
- Integration of the vertical medial thigh lift and monsplasty: the double-triangle technique.
- Intra-abdominal venous thrombosis after colectomy in pediatric patients with chronic ulcerative colitis: incidence, treatment, and outcomes.
- Intratumoral consumption of indium-111 labeled platelets in a patient with hemangiomatosis and intravascular coagulation (Kasabach-Merritt syndrome).
- Intravascular Ultrasound-Guided Transvenous Biopsy of Abdominal and Pelvic Targets Difficult to Access by Percutaneous Needle Biopsy: Technique and Initial Clinical Experience.
- Iodine quantification using dual-energy multidetector computed tomography imaging: phantom study assessing the impact of iterative reconstruction schemes and patient habitus on accuracy.
- Laparoscopic management of persistent Müllerian duct remnants associated with an abdominal testis.
- Laparoscopy Is Safe in Infants and Neonates with Congenital Heart Disease: A National Study of 3684 Patients.
- Left upper quadrant laparoscopic placement: effects of insertion angle and body mass index on distance to posterior peritoneum by magnetic resonance imaging.
- Lesion detection and assessment of extrahepatic findings in abdominal MRI using hepatocyte specific contrast agents--comparison of Gd-EOB-DTPA and Gd-BOPTA.
- Leukopenia is associated with worse but not prohibitive outcomes following emergent abdominal surgery.
- MR-PET co-registration in upper abdominal imaging: quantitative comparison of two different T1-weighted gradient echo sequences: initial observations.
- Magnetic resonance angiography with hyperpolarized 129Xe dissolved in a lipid emulsion.
- Magnetic resonance microscopy of the rat thorax and abdomen.
- Management of primary squamous cell carcinoma at the mucocutaneous junction of an ileal conduit.
- Management of the open abdomen: A systematic review with meta-analysis and practice management guideline from the Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma.
- Maximizing the aesthetic result in panniculectomy after massive weight loss.
- Monitoring needs and goal-directed fluid therapy within an enhanced recovery program.
- Multi-label annotation of text reports from computed tomography of the chest, abdomen, and pelvis using deep learning.
- Neoadjuvant chemoradiation followed by transanal local excision for T2 rectal cancer confers equivalent survival benefit as traditional transabdominal resection.
- No Cytokine Is an Island: IL-6 Alone Is Not Sufficient to Predict Morbidity After a Major Abdominal Surgery.
- Obstruction after Burch colposuspension: a return to retropubic urethrolysis.
- On System-Dependent Sources of Uncertainty and Bias in Ultrasonic Quantitative Shear-Wave Imaging.
- On the Relationship between Spatial Coherence and In Situ Pressure for Abdominal Imaging.
- Oncology-specific radiation dose and image noise reference levels in adult abdominal-pelvic CT.
- Optimal body temperature in transitional extremely low birth weight infants using heart rate and temperature as indicators.
- Optimal pressure of abdominal gas insufflation for bleeding control in a severe swine splenic injury model.
- Options for closure of the infected abdomen.
- Outcome of patients undergoing transabdominal cerclage: a descriptive study.
- Over-scanning in chest CT: Comparison of practice among six hospitals and its impact on radiation dose.
- Overview of spontaneous intraabdominal tumor hemorrhage: etiologies, imaging findings, and management.
- POCS-based reconstruction of multiplexed sensitivity encoded MRI (POCSMUSE): A general algorithm for reducing motion-related artifacts.
- Patient preferences of cosmesis for abdominal incisions in gynecologic surgery.
- Patient-based Performance Assessment for Pediatric Abdominal CT: An Automated Monitoring System Based on Lesion Detectability and Radiation Dose.
- Pediatric abdominal CT angiography.
- Pediatric thoracoabdominal biomechanics.
- Perfusion and function at rest and treadmill exercise using technetium-99m-sestamibi: comparison of one- and two-day protocols in normal volunteers.
- Pharmacokinetics and tissue penetration of cefoxitin in obesity: implications for risk of surgical site infection.
- Postoperative Abdominal Adhesions: Clinical Significance and Advances in Prevention and Management.
- Postoperative Pulmonary Complications, Early Mortality, and Hospital Stay Following Noncardiothoracic Surgery: A Multicenter Study by the Perioperative Research Network Investigators.
- Predicting the Risk of Postoperative Respiratory Failure in Elective Abdominal and Vascular Operations Using the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (NSQIP) Participant Use Data File.
- Preoperative enoxaparin versus postoperative semuloparin thromboprophylaxis in major abdominal surgery: a randomized controlled trial.
- Principles and applications of a dynamically focused phased array real time ultrasound system.
- Progress in MR imaging of the venous system.
- Prospective assessment of quality of life in ovarian cancer patients receiving whole abdomen hyperthermia and liposomal doxorubicin.
- Prospective estimation of organ dose in CT under tube current modulation.
- Pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy. Clinical experience in twenty-five patients.
- Quantifying Image Quality Improvement Using Elevated Acoustic Output in B-Mode Harmonic Imaging.
- Quantifying the Effect of Abdominal Body Wall on In Situ Peak Rarefaction Pressure During Diagnostic Ultrasound Imaging.
- RNA interference targeting hypoxia inducible factor 1α reduces post-operative adhesions in rats
- Real-time MRI motion estimation through an unsupervised k-space-driven deformable registration network (KS-RegNet).
- Recovery of the fetal electrocardiogram for morphological analysis from two trans-abdominal channels via optimal shrinkage.
- Relationship between reduced lower abdominal blood flows and heart rate in recovery following cycling exercise.
- Reperfusion injury is reduced in skeletal muscle by inhibition of inducible nitric oxide synthase.
- Respiratory effects in two-dimensional Fourier transform MR imaging.
- Respiratory motion artifact affecting hepatic arterial phase MR imaging with gadoxetate disodium is more common in patients with a prior episode of arterial phase motion associated with gadoxetate disodium.
- Selection factors for local excision or abdominoperineal resection of early stage rectal cancer.
- Separation of Thoraco-Omphalo-Ischiopagus Conjoined Twins: Surgical Planning, Management, and Outcomes.
- Simultaneous Photoacoustic Imaging and Cavitation Mapping in Shockwave Lithotripsy.
- Small lymph nodes of the abdomen, pelvis, and retroperitoneum: usefulness of sonographically guided biopsy.
- Sources of image degradation in fundamental and harmonic ultrasound imaging: a nonlinear, full-wave, simulation study.
- Spatial coherence in human tissue: implications for imaging and measurement.
- Sphincter preservation in rectal cancer. Local excision followed by postoperative radiation therapy.
- Spike aftercurrents in R15 of Aplysia: their relationship to slow inward current and calcium influx.
- Study of Spinal Cord Substructure Expansion Margin in Esophageal Cancer.
- Symptom complaints and health care seeking behavior in subjects with bowel dysfunction.
- Symptoms and outcome measures of pelvic organ prolapse.
- Technical note: Controlling the attenuation of 3D-printed physical phantoms for computed tomography with a single material.
- The Impact of Acoustic Clutter on Large Array Abdominal Imaging.
- The Trials and Tribulations of Assembling Large Medical Imaging Datasets for Machine Learning Applications.
- The clinical and metabolic effects of rapid weight loss in obese pet cats and the influence of supplemental oral L-carnitine.
- The effect of sarcopenia on perioperative complications in abdominally based free-flap breast reconstruction.
- The immune response of the human brain to abdominal surgery.
- The independent effects of obesity and body fat distribution on blood pressure in black adults: the Pitt County study.
- The relationship between ionized and total serum magnesium concentrations during abdominal surgery.
- The role of CT-guided percutaneous drainage of loculated air collections: an institutional experience.
- Three-dimensional spiral CT angiography of the abdomen.
- Three-dimensional spiral CT angiography of the abdomen: initial clinical experience.
- Transition to post-operative epidural or patient-controlled intravenous analgesia following total intravenous anaesthesia with remifentanil and propofol for abdominal surgery.
- Transvaginal endoscopic removal of eroded mesh after abdominal sacral colpopexy.
- Tuberculosis of the abdomen.
- Ultrasonographic identification of the macrosomic fetus.
- Ultrasound and gallium for the diagnosis of abdominal and pelvic abscesses.
- Understanding the "Weekend Effect" for Emergency General Surgery.
- Urethroplasty with abdominal skin grafts for long segment urethral strictures.
- V-Y fasciocutaneous flap closure technique is a safe and efficacious alternative to primary closure of the perineal wound following abdominoperineal resection.
- Vascular artifact mimicking thrombosis on MR imaging using ferumoxytol as a contrast agent in abdominal vascular assessment.
- Venous filling defects on portal venous phase CT of the abdomen and pelvis: clinical implications and positive predictive value for diagnosing deep venous thrombosis.
Keywords of People
- Bradford, William Dalton, Professor of Pathology, Pathology
- Sullivan, Daniel Carl, Professor Emeritus of Radiology, Radiology