Subject Areas on Research
- ELAV tumor antigen, Hel-N1, increases translation of neurofilament M mRNA and induces formation of neurites in human teratocarcinoma cells.
- Ectopic expression of Hel-N1, an RNA-binding protein, increases glucose transporter (GLUT1) expression in 3T3-L1 adipocytes.
- Embryonic lethal abnormal visual RNA-binding proteins involved in growth, differentiation, and posttranscriptional gene expression.
- Hel-N1, an RNA-binding protein, is a ligand for an A + U rich region of the GLUT1 3' UTR.
- Identification of specific protein-RNA target sites using libraries of natural sequences.
- Identifying mRNA subsets in messenger ribonucleoprotein complexes by using cDNA arrays.
- Mammalian homologs of Drosophila ELAV localized to a neuronal subset can bind in vitro to the 3' UTR of mRNA encoding the Id transcriptional repressor.
- Selection of a subset of mRNAs from combinatorial 3' untranslated region libraries using neuronal RNA-binding protein Hel-N1.