Subject Areas on Research
- Glioblastoma proto-oncogene SEC61gamma is required for tumor cell survival and response to endoplasmic reticulum stress.
- Heterozygous Loss-of-Function SEC61A1 Mutations Cause Autosomal-Dominant Tubulo-Interstitial and Glomerulocystic Kidney Disease with Anemia.
- Identification of a novel stage of ribosome/nascent chain association with the endoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- Multifunctional roles for the protein translocation machinery in RNA anchoring to the endoplasmic reticulum.
- Reconstitution of protein translocation from detergent-solubilized Escherichia coli inverted vesicles: PrlA protein-deficient vesicles efficiently translocate precursor proteins.
- Ribosome-independent regulation of translocon composition and Sec61alpha conformation.
- Stage- and ribosome-specific alterations in nascent chain-Sec61p interactions accompany translocation across the ER membrane.
- The filamentous bacteriophage assembly proteins require the bacterial SecA protein for correct localization to the membrane.