Subject Areas on Research
- A high-fat diet elicits differential responses in genes coordinating oxidative metabolism in skeletal muscle of lean and obese individuals.
- Adrenoceptors, uncoupling proteins, and energy expenditure.
- Diet-induced changes in uncoupling proteins in obesity-prone and obesity-resistant strains of mice.
- Energy metabolism in uncoupling protein 3 gene knockout mice.
- Fatty acid homeostasis and induction of lipid regulatory genes in skeletal muscles of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) alpha knock-out mice. Evidence for compensatory regulation by PPAR delta.
- Lipopolysaccharide induces oxidative cardiac mitochondrial damage and biogenesis.
- Muscle oxidative capacity during IL-6-dependent cancer cachexia.
- Substrate availability and transcriptional regulation of metabolic genes in human skeletal muscle during recovery from exercise.