Subject Areas on Research
- INP51, a yeast inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase required for phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate homeostasis and whose absence confers a cold-resistant phenotype.
- Identification and characterization of an essential family of inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatases (INP51, INP52 and INP53 gene products) in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- SAC1-like domains of yeast SAC1, INP52, and INP53 and of human synaptojanin encode polyphosphoinositide phosphatases.
- SMAD4 is required for development of maximal endotoxin tolerance.
- Specificity determinants in phosphoinositide dephosphorylation: crystal structure of an archetypal inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase.