Subject Areas on Research
- A Risk-Benefit Analysis of Increasing Surgical Invasiveness Relative to Frailty Status in Adult Spinal Deformity Surgery.
- A Simplified Approach for Classifying Physical Resilience among Community-Dwelling Older Adults: The Health, Aging, and Body Composition Study.
- A nonlinear relationship between visceral adipose tissue and frailty in adult lung transplant candidates.
- Addressing Polypharmacy in Older Adults Living With HIV.
- Addressing sex-based disparities in solid organ transplantation in the United States - a conference report.
- An assessment of frailty as a tool for risk stratification in adult spinal deformity surgery.
- An integrative review on screening for frailty in acute care: Accuracy, barriers to implementation and adoption strategies.
- Antithrombotic Therapy After Left Atrial Appendage Occlusion in Patients With Atrial Fibrillation.
- Assessing Frailty in Patients Undergoing Destination Therapy Left Ventricular Assist Device: Observations from Interagency Registry for Mechanically Assisted Circulatory Support.
- Assessment and Management of Appetite Loss in Older Adults: An ICFSR Task Force Report.
- Assessment of Patient Outcomes and Proximal Junctional Failure Rate of Patients with Adult Spinal Deformity Undergoing Caudal Extension of Previous Spinal Fusion.
- Assessment of a Novel Adult Cervical Deformity Frailty Index as a Component of Preoperative Risk Stratification.
- Assessments of frailty in bladder cancer.
- Association Between Dysphagia and Inpatient Outcomes Across Frailty Level Among Patients ≥ 50 Years of Age.
- Association Between Late-Life Blood Pressure and the Incidence of Cognitive Impairment: A Community-Based Prospective Cohort Study.
- Association Between Liver Transplant Wait-list Mortality and Frailty Based on Body Mass Index.
- Association between Bout Duration of Physical Activity and Health: Systematic Review.
- Association between Dysphagia and Surgical Outcomes across the Continuum of Frailty.
- Association between frailty and cognitive function in older Chinese people: A moderated mediation of social relationships and depressive symptoms.
- Association of Frailty With Recovery From Disability Among Community-Dwelling Older Adults: Results From Two Large U.S. Cohorts.
- Association of Frailty and Sex With Wait List Mortality in Liver Transplant Candidates in the Multicenter Functional Assessment in Liver Transplantation (FrAILT) Study.
- Association of Frailty with recovery from disability among community-dwelling Chinese older adults: China health and retirement longitudinal study.
- Association of frailty and cognitive impairment with benefits of oral anticoagulation in patients with atrial fibrillation.
- Baseline Frailty Status Influences Recovery Patterns and Outcomes Following Alignment Correction of Cervical Deformity.
- Beyond the eyeball test: Measures of frailty in lung transplantation.
- Changes in frailty are associated with waitlist mortality in patients with cirrhosis.
- Clinical Frailty Scale classes are independently associated with 6-month mortality for patients after acute myocardial infarction.
- Cognitive functioning, aging, and work: A review and recommendations for research and practice.
- Cognitive impairment in candidates for allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
- Considering Frailty in SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine Development: How Geriatricians Can Assist.
- Controversies and Challenges of Ventricular Assist Device Therapy.
- Deficit Accumulation Frailty Trajectories of Older Breast Cancer Survivors and Non-Cancer Controls: The Thinking and Living With Cancer Study.
- Defining high bleeding risk in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention: a consensus document from the Academic Research Consortium for High Bleeding Risk.
- Development of a Modified Cervical Deformity Frailty Index: A Streamlined Clinical Tool for Preoperative Risk Stratification.
- Development of an Administrative Data-Based Frailty Index for Older Adults Receiving Dialysis.
- Dietary diversity and frailty among older Chinese people: evidence from the Chinese Longitudinal Healthy Longevity Study.
- Does Patient Frailty Status Influence Recovery Following Spinal Fusion for Adult Spinal Deformity?: An Analysis of Patients With 3-Year Follow-up.
- Domains for a Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment of Older Adults with Chronic Kidney Disease: Results from the CRIC Study.
- Effects of aging on the biomechanics of Coquerel's sifaka (Propithecus coquereli): Evidence of robustness to senescence.
- Efficacy and Safety of Dapagliflozin According to Frailty in Patients With Heart Failure: A Prespecified Analysis of the DELIVER Trial.
- Evaluating High-Dimensional Machine Learning Models to Predict Hospital Mortality Among Older Patients With Cancer.
- Evaluation of two frailty indices, with practical application in a vaccine clinical trial.
- Examination of the Economic Burden of Frailty in Patients With Adult Spinal Deformity Undergoing Surgical Intervention.
- External Validation of the Adult Spinal Deformity (ASD) Frailty Index (ASD-FI) in the Scoli-RISK-1 Patient Database.
- External validation of the adult spinal deformity (ASD) frailty index (ASD-FI).
- Feasibility and Functional Testing for Frailty in Chronic Kidney Disease.
- Frailty Among Older Decompensated Heart Failure Patients: Prevalence, Association With Patient-Centered Outcomes, and Efficient Detection Methods.
- Frailty Associated With Waitlist Mortality Independent of Ascites and Hepatic Encephalopathy in a Multicenter Study.
- Frailty Status Modifies the Efficacy of Exercise Training Among Patients With Chronic Heart Failure and Reduced Ejection Fraction: An Analysis From the HF-ACTION Trial.
- Frailty and Effects of a Multidomain Physical Rehabilitation Intervention Among Older Patients Hospitalized for Acute Heart Failure: A Secondary Analysis of a Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Frailty and Health-Related Quality of Life Improvement Following Adult Spinal Deformity Surgery.
- Frailty and Neurocognitive Impairment: Impacts on Quality of Life in HIV.
- Frailty and Outcomes After Myocardial Infarction: Insights From the CONCORDANCE Registry.
- Frailty and Postkidney Transplant Health-Related Quality of Life.
- Frailty and aging-associated syndromes in lung transplant candidates and recipients.
- Frailty and health-related quality of life in older women with breast cancer.
- Frailty and length of stay in older adults with blunt injury in a national multicentre prospective cohort study.
- Frailty and long-term mortality of older breast cancer patients: CALGB 369901 (Alliance).
- Frailty and the Risk of Acute Kidney Injury Among Patients With Cirrhosis.
- Frailty as a marker of adverse outcomes in patients with bladder cancer undergoing radical cystectomy.
- Frailty as an instrument for evaluation of elderly patients with non-ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: A follow-up after more than 5 years.
- Frailty as a predictor of all-cause mortality and readmission in older patients with acute coronary syndrome : A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Frailty in liver transplantation: An expert opinion statement from the American Society of Transplantation Liver and Intestinal Community of Practice.
- Frailty in the End-Stage Lung Disease or Heart Failure Patient: Implications for the Perioperative Transplant Clinician.
- Frailty, Guideline-Directed Medical Therapy, and Outcomes in HFrEF: From the GUIDE-IT Trial.
- Frailty, mortality, and health care utilization after liver transplantation: From the Multicenter Functional Assessment in Liver Transplantation (FrAILT) Study.
- From Hospital to Home: Impact of Transitional Care on Cost, Hospitalisation and Mortality.
- Gait Speed and 1-Year Mortality Following Cardiac Surgery: A Landmark Analysis From the Society of Thoracic Surgeons Adult Cardiac Surgery Database.
- Gait Speed and Operative Mortality in Older Adults Following Cardiac Surgery.
- Gender Bias Affects Assessment of Frailty and Recommendations for Surgery.
- Health and social care of home-dwelling frail older adults in Switzerland: a mixed methods study.
- High prevalence of geriatric syndromes in older adults.
- Highest Achievable Outcomes for Patients Undergoing Cervical Deformity Corrective Surgery by Frailty.
- ICFSR Task Force Perspective on Biomarkers for Sarcopenia and Frailty.
- Identifying an Optimal Liver Frailty Index Cutoff to Predict Waitlist Mortality in Liver Transplant Candidates.
- Identifying the frailty phenotype: The evidence for good enough.
- If the Patient Is Frail, Emergency Abdominal Surgery Is High Risk.
- Impact of frailty on complications in patients with thoracic and thoracolumbar spinal fracture.
- Implementation of Vulnerable Elders Survey-13 Frailty Tool to Identify At-Risk Geriatric Surgical Patients.
- Incidence of frailty among community-dwelling older adults: a nationally representative profile in China.
- Inclusion of Functional Status Measures in the Risk Adjustment of 30-Day Mortality After Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement: A Report From the Society of Thoracic Surgeons/American College of Cardiology TVT Registry.
- Inflammation and Clinical Decline After Adjuvant Chemotherapy in Older Adults With Breast Cancer: Results From the Hurria Older Patients Prospective Study.
- Interventions Against Disability in Frail Older Adults: Lessons Learned from Clinical Trials.
- Interventions for Frailty Among Older Adults With Cardiovascular Disease: JACC State-of-the-Art Review.
- Is frailty responsive to surgical correction of adult spinal deformity? An investigation of sagittal re-alignment and frailty component drivers of postoperative frailty status.
- Launching a Geriatric Surgery Center: Recommendations from the Society for Perioperative Assessment and Quality Improvement.
- Local Anesthesia is Associated with Fewer Complications in Umbilical Hernia Repair in Frail Veterans.
- Loneliness in adults awaiting liver transplantation at 7 U.S. transplant centers.
- Measuring Aging and Identifying Aging Phenotypes in Cancer Survivors.
- Measuring the Toll of Acute Illness-Derived Frailty in Decompensated Cirrhosis.
- Mediating Effects of Frailty Indicators on the Risk of Sepsis After Cancer.
- Moving Frailty Toward Clinical Practice: NIA Intramural Frailty Science Symposium Summary.
- Multisystem physiological perspective of human frailty and its modulation by physical activity.
- Nascent to novel methods to evaluate malnutrition and frailty in the surgical patient.
- Novel metabolomics markers are associated with pre-clinical decline in hand grip strength in community-dwelling older adults.
- Older Adults in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit: Factoring Geriatric Syndromes in the Management, Prognosis, and Process of Care: A Scientific Statement From the American Heart Association.
- Operative treatment outcomes for adult cervical deformity: a prospective multicenter assessment with mean 3-year follow-up.
- Pathways, Contributors, and Correlates of Functional Limitation Across Specialties: Workshop Summary.
- Patient-Reported Frailty and Functional Status in Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction: Insights From VITALITY-HFpEF.
- Perioperative frailty: lessons learned and future directions.
- Perspectives on Implementing a Multidomain Approach to Caring for Older Adults With Heart Failure.
- Physical Function Impairment and Frailty in Middle-Aged People Living With Human Immunodeficiency Virus in the REPRIEVE Trial Ancillary Study PREPARE.
- Physical Rehabilitation in Older Patients Hospitalized with Acute Heart Failure and Diabetes: Insights from REHAB-HF.
- Physical Resilience: Not Simply the Opposite of Frailty.
- Population Pharmacokinetics of Piperacillin/Tazobactam Across the Adult Lifespan.
- Predicting Short-Term Outcome After Surgery for Primary Spinal Tumors Based on Patient Frailty.
- Predicting Short-term Outcomes After Radical Cystectomy Based on Frailty.
- Predictors of serious, preventable, and costly medical complications in a population of adult spinal deformity patients.
- Preexisting frailty and outcomes in older patients with acute myocardial infarction.
- Pretransplant physical frailty, postoperative delirium, and short-term outcomes among older lung transplant recipients.
- Prevalence and Predictors of Frailty in Childhood Cancer Survivors and Siblings: A Report From the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study.
- Prevalence of and factors associated with sarcopenia among multi-ethnic ambulatory older Asians with type 2 diabetes mellitus in a primary care setting.
- Probability of severe frailty development among operative and nonoperative adult spinal deformity patients: an actuarial survivorship analysis over a 3-year period.
- Psychosocial Correlates of Frailty Among HIV-Infected and HIV-Uninfected Adults.
- Quality of Life and Mental Health in Older Adults with Obesity and Frailty: Associations with a Weight Loss Intervention.
- Quantifying and Classifying Physical Resilience Among Older Adults: The Health, Aging, and Body Composition Study.
- Quantifying the Added Value of 2 Common Frailty Measures for Predicting Adverse Outcomes After Elective Hysterectomy.
- Residential Greenness and Frailty Among Older Adults: A Longitudinal Cohort in China.
- Resilience: Biological Basis and Clinical Significance - A Perspective Report from the International Conference on Frailty and Sarcopenia Research (ICFSR) Task Force.
- Response to Dekker, Stege, and Versteeg.
- Severity of functional impairments by race and sex in older patients hospitalized with acute decompensated heart failure.
- Sex And Prognostic Significance of Self-Reported Frailty in Non-ST-Segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndromes: Insights From the TRILOGY ACS Trial.
- Technological infrastructure, sleep, and rest-activity patterns in a Kaqchikel Maya community.
- The Additional Economic Burden of Frailty in Adult Cervical Deformity Patients Undergoing Surgical Intervention.
- The Association between Frailty and Healthcare Expenditure among Chinese Older Adults.
- The Association of Frailty With In-Hospital Bleeding Among Older Adults With Acute Myocardial Infarction: Insights From the ACTION Registry.
- The Design of a Prospective Trial to Evaluate the Role of Preoperative Frailty Assessment in Older Women Undergoing Surgery for the Treatment of Pelvic Organ Prolapse: The FASt Supplemental Trial.
- The Effect and Relationship of Frailty Indices on Survival After Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement.
- The Effect of Frailty Index on Early Outcomes after Combined Colorectal and Liver Resections.
- The Influence of Surgical Intervention and Sagittal Alignment on Frailty in Adult Cervical Deformity.
- The hospital frailty risk score in patients with heart failure is strongly associated with outcomes but less so with pharmacotherapy.
- The influence of heart failure on clinical and economic outcomes among older adults ≥75 years of age with acute myocardial infarction.
- The relationship between frailty and cirrhosis etiology: From the Functional Assessment in Liver Transplantation (FrAILT) Study.
- Top Ten Tips Palliative Care Clinicians Should Know About Prognostication in Oncology, Dementia, Frailty, and Pulmonary Diseases.
- Triglycerides Paradox Among the Oldest Old: "The Lower the Better?".
- Use of a Six-Item Modified Frailty Index to Predict 30-day Adverse Events, Readmission, and Mortality in Older Patients Undergoing Surgical Fixation of Lower Extremity, Pelvic, and Acetabular Fractures.
- Using local rather than general anesthesia for inguinal hernia repair may significantly reduce complications for frail Veterans.
- Validating administratively derived frailty scores for use in Veterans Health Administration emergency departments.