Subject Areas on Research
- (3H)norepinephrine binding and lipolysis by isolated fat cells.
- 3D Culture Facilitates VEGF-Stimulated Endothelial Differentiation of Adipose-Derived Stem Cells.
- * CRISPR-Based Epigenome Editing of Cytokine Receptors for the Promotion of Cell Survival and Tissue Deposition in Inflammatory Environments.
- A Heterogeneous Nonlinear Attenuating Full-Wave Model of Ultrasound
- A case of ganglioneuroma with fatty replacement: CT and MRI findings.
- A classification system for zebrafish adipose tissues.
- A comparison using tissue electrical properties and temperature rise to determine relative absorption of microwave power in malignant tissue.
- A cross-sectional study of muscle strength and mass in 45- to 78-yr-old men and women.
- A heterogeneous human tissue mimicking phantom for RF heating and MRI thermal monitoring verification.
- A human-based multi-gene signature enables quantitative drug repurposing for metabolic disease.
- A link between breast cancer and local estrogen biosynthesis suggested by quantification of breast adipose tissue aromatase cytochrome P450 transcripts using competitive polymerase chain reaction after reverse transcription.
- A low-carbohydrate, ketogenic diet versus a low-fat diet to treat obesity and hyperlipidemia: a randomized, controlled trial.
- A novel ChREBP isoform in adipose tissue regulates systemic glucose metabolism.
- A randomized trial comparing a very low carbohydrate diet and a calorie-restricted low fat diet on body weight and cardiovascular risk factors in healthy women.
- A rodent model of rapid-onset diabetes induced by glucocorticoids and high-fat feeding.
- Abdominal and pelvic adipose tissue distribution and risk of prostate cancer recurrence after radiation therapy.
- Abdominal fat pad aspiration biopsy for tissue confirmation of systemic amyloidosis: specificity, positive predictive value, and diagnostic pitfalls.
- Abdominal obesity and breast cancer risk.
- Abnormalities of carbohydrate and lipid metabolism in Dahl rats.
- Abrogation of adenosine A1 receptor signalling improves metabolic regulation in mice by modulating oxidative stress and inflammatory responses.
- Accuracy of Automated Liver Contouring, Fat Fraction, and R2* Measurement on Gradient Multiecho Magnetic Resonance Images.
- Accurate fatty acid composition estimation of adipose tissue in the abdomen based on bipolar multi-echo MRI.
- Activation of adenylate cyclase by phosphoramidate and phosphonate analogs of GTP: possible role of covalent enzyme-substrate intermediates in the mechanism of hormonal activation.
- Acute loss of adipose tissue-derived adiponectin triggers immediate metabolic deterioration in mice.
- Adenovirus-mediated transfer of CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein-alpha identifies a dominant antiproliferative role for this isoform in hepatocytes.
- Adipocyte beta-adrenergic receptors. Identification and subcellular localization by (-)-[3H]dihydroalprenolol binding.
- Adipogenic differentiation of adipose tissue-derived human mesenchymal stem cells: effect of gastric bypass surgery.
- Adipokines, body fatness, and insulin resistance among survivors of childhood leukemia.
- Adipose depots, not disease-related factors, account for skeletal muscle insulin sensitivity in established and treated rheumatoid arthritis.
- Adipose stem cell crosstalk with chemo-residual breast cancer cells: implications for tumor recurrence.
- Adipose tissue at single-cell resolution.
- Adipose tissue branched chain amino acid (BCAA) metabolism modulates circulating BCAA levels.
- Adipose tissue hyaluronan production improves systemic glucose homeostasis and primes adipocytes for CL 316,243-stimulated lipolysis.
- Adipose tissue in the filum terminale: a computed tomographic finding that may indicate tethering of the spinal cord.
- Adipose tissue quantification and primary graft dysfunction after lung transplantation: The Lung Transplant Body Composition study.
- Adiposity and Incident Heart Failure and its Subtypes: MESA (Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis).
- Adiposity, cardiometabolic risk, and vitamin D status: the Framingham Heart Study.
- Adrenoceptors, uncoupling proteins, and energy expenditure.
- Aerobic and resistance training effects on energy intake: the STRRIDE-AT/RT study.
- Age-associated differences in beta adrenergic-stimulated lipolysis in adipocytes from Sprague-Dawley and Fischer 344 rats.
- Age-associated increases in the size of the infrapatellar fat pad in knee osteoarthritis as measured by 3T MRI.
- Aging and obesity prime the methylome and transcriptome of adipose stem cells for disease and dysfunction.
- Aligned multilayered electrospun scaffolds for rotator cuff tendon tissue engineering.
- Amylaceous (polyglucosan) bodies in familial cerebral atrophy of early onset.
- Analysis of sites phosphorylated on acetyl-CoA carboxylase in response to insulin in isolated adipocytes. Comparison with sites phosphorylated by casein kinase-2 and the calmodulin-dependent multiprotein kinase.
- Anatomically shaped tissue-engineered cartilage with tunable and inducible anticytokine delivery for biological joint resurfacing.
- Anthropometric assessment of 10-y changes in body composition in the elderly.
- Are stress eaters at risk for the metabolic syndrome?
- Association between sleep duration, fat mass, lean mass and obesity in Korean adults: the fourth and fifth Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys.
- Associations between prenatal and postnatal growth and adult body size and composition.
- Baroreflex Impairment Precedes Cardiometabolic Dysfunction in an Experimental Model of Metabolic Syndrome: Role of Inflammation and Oxidative Stress.
- Bed rest worsens impairments in fat and glucose metabolism in older, overweight adults.
- Beta-adrenergic receptors and regulation of energy expenditure: a family affair.
- Biological activity of agarose-immobilized catecholamines.
- Biomedicine. Insulin resistance takes a trip through the ER.
- Block-Periodized Training Improves Physiological and Tactically Relevant Performance in Naval Special Warfare Operators.
- Body composition and endocrine function in women with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome wasting.
- Body composition changes in preterm infants following hospital discharge: comparison with term infants.
- Body composition in ambulatory women with multiple sclerosis.
- Body weight and fat deposition in prolactin receptor-deficient mice.
- Body-composition changes in the Comprehensive Assessment of Long-term Effects of Reducing Intake of Energy (CALERIE)-2 study: a 2-y randomized controlled trial of calorie restriction in nonobese humans.
- Both insulin and epidermal growth factor stimulate lipogenesis and acetyl-CoA carboxylase activity in isolated adipocytes. Importance of homogenization procedure in avoiding artefacts in acetyl-CoA carboxylase assay.
- Bottlenose dolphins as indicators of persistent organic pollutants in the western North Atlantic Ocean and northern Gulf of Mexico.
- Bulbar muscle weakness and fatty lingual infiltration in glycogen storage disorder type IIIa.
- CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein alpha is required for transcription of the beta 3-adrenergic receptor gene during adipogenesis.
- CRISPR/Cas9-Mediated BRCA1 Knockdown Adipose Stem Cells Promote Breast Cancer Progression.
- CT scans and 3D reconstructions of Florida manatee (Trichechus manatus latirostris) heads and ear bones.
- Calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase kinase 2 regulates macrophage-mediated inflammatory responses.
- Calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase kinase 2: roles in signaling and pathophysiology.
- Calibration of methylene-referenced lipid-dissolved xenon frequency for absolute MR temperature measurements.
- Cancer cachexia syndrome in head and neck cancer patients: Part II. Pathophysiology.
- Cancer incidence in relation to body fatness among 0.5 million men and women: Findings from the China Kadoorie Biobank.
- Carbonylation of adipose proteins in obesity and insulin resistance: identification of adipocyte fatty acid-binding protein as a cellular target of 4-hydroxynonenal.
- Cardiometabolic Health in Submariners Returning from a 3-Month Patrol.
- Castleman's disease of the sacral spine.
- Changes in Infrapatellar Fat Pad Volume 6 to 12 Months After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction and Associations With Patient-Reported Knee Function.
- Changes in abdominal adipose tissue depots assessed by MRI correlate with hepatic histologic improvement in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis.
- Changes in blubber distribution and morphology associated with starvation in the harbor porpoise (Phocoena phocoena): evidence for regional differences in blubber structure and function.
- Changes in the binding of "fast"-form alpha 2-macroglobulin to 3T3-L1 cells after differentiation to adipocytes.
- Characterization of adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cell combinations for vascularized bone engineering.
- Characterization of mediators of insulin action.
- Characterization of neuronal/glial differentiation of murine adipose-derived adult stromal cells.
- Characterizing human mesenchymal stromal cells' immune-modulatory potency using targeted lipidomic profiling of sphingolipids.
- Chemical shift imaging of atherosclerosis at 7.0 Tesla.
- Chest Fat Quantification via CT Based on Standardized Anatomy Space in Adult Lung Transplant Candidates.
- Chondrocytic differentiation of human adipose-derived adult stem cells in elastin-like polypeptide.
- Chondrogenic differentiation of adipose-derived adult stem cells in agarose, alginate, and gelatin scaffolds.
- Chondrogenic potential of adipose tissue-derived stromal cells in vitro and in vivo.
- Chronic ethanol consumption induces the production of tumor necrosis factor-alpha and related cytokines in liver and adipose tissue.
- Cloned mice have an obese phenotype not transmitted to their offspring.
- Cloning and characterization of a novel endothelial promoter of the human CYP19 (aromatase P450) gene that is up-regulated in breast cancer tissue.
- Cloning and expression of a novel, truncated, progesterone receptor.
- Comparative Analyses of Chromatin Landscape in White Adipose Tissue Suggest Humans May Have Less Beigeing Potential than Other Primates.
- Comparative demonstration of pulmonary fat emboli by "en bloc" osmium tetroxide and oil red O methods.
- Comparison of Human Tissue Microarray to Human Pericyte Transcriptome Yields Novel Perivascular Cell Markers.
- Comparison of the Viability and Yield of Adipose-Derived Stem Cells (ASCs) from Different Donor Areas.
- Complications using intense ultrasound therapy to treat deep dermal facial skin and subcutaneous tissues.
- Comprehensive analysis of the Cramer-Rao bounds for magnetic resonance temperature change measurement in fat-water voxels using multi-echo imaging.
- Comprehensive messenger ribonucleic acid profiling reveals that peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma activation has coordinate effects on gene expression in multiple insulin-sensitive tissues.
- Correlation between pericardial, mediastinal, and intrathoracic fat volumes with the presence and severity of coronary artery disease, metabolic syndrome, and cardiac risk factors.
- Correlation of breast tissue histology and optical signatures to improve margin assessment techniques.
- Deficiency of the lipid synthesis enzyme, DGAT1, extends longevity in mice.
- Depressed expression of adipocyte beta-adrenergic receptors is a common feature of congenital and diet-induced obesity in rodents.
- Determination of HBCD, PBDEs and MeO-BDEs in California sea lions (Zalophus californianus) stranded between 1993 and 2003.
- Determination of estrogen receptor messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA) and cytochrome P450 aromatase mRNA levels in adipocytes and adipose stromal cells by competitive polymerase chain reaction amplification.
- Development and validation of skinfold-thickness prediction equations with a 4-compartment model.
- Development of realistic physical breast phantoms matched to virtual breast phantoms based on human subject data.
- Diabetes: The good in fat.
- Diagnosis of breast cancer using diffuse reflectance spectroscopy: Comparison of a Monte Carlo versus partial least squares analysis based feature extraction technique.
- Diazoxide restores beta3-adrenergic receptor function in diet-induced obesity and diabetes.
- Diet and exercise interventions reduce intrahepatic fat content and improve insulin sensitivity in obese older adults.
- Diet-induced changes in uncoupling proteins in obesity-prone and obesity-resistant strains of mice.
- Differential effects of fat and sucrose on the development of obesity and diabetes in C57BL/6J and A/J mice.
- Differential effects of various fish proteins in altering body weight, adiposity, inflammatory status, and insulin sensitivity in high-fat-fed rats.
- Discovery of a class of endogenous mammalian lipids with anti-diabetic and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Disentangling the genetics of lean mass.
- Distinct functional properties of murine perinatal and adult adipose progenitor subpopulations.
- Distinct patterns of tissue-specific lipid accumulation during the induction of insulin resistance in mice by high-fat feeding.
- Distinct properties and advantages of a novel peroxisome proliferator-activated protein [gamma] selective modulator.
- Distribution and correlates of waist-to-hip ratio in black adults: the Pitt County Study.
- Dwarfism, impaired skin development, skeletal muscle atrophy, delayed bone development, and impeded adipogenesis in mice lacking Akt1 and Akt2.
- ENU mutagenesis identifies mice with cardiac fibrosis and hepatic steatosis caused by a mutation in the mitochondrial trifunctional protein beta-subunit.
- Early-onset repeated dieting reduces food intake and body weight but not adiposity in dietary-obese female rats.
- Editorial: Selectivity in beta-adrenergic responses: clinical implications.
- Effect of Aging on Adipose Tissue Inflammation in the Knee Joints of F344BN Rats.
- Effect of aging on body fat.
- Effect of feeding excess of vitamin A and vitamin C on liver, plasma and adrenal lipids of rats.
- Effect of pertussis toxin on alpha 2-adrenoceptors: decreased formation of the high-affinity state for agonists.
- Effect of thyroid status on alpha- and beta-catecholamine responsiveness of hamster adipocytes.
- Effect of voluntary exercise on peripheral tissue glucocorticoid receptor content and the expression and activity of 11beta-HSD1 in the Syrian hamster.
- Effects of aerobic and/or resistance training on body mass and fat mass in overweight or obese adults.
- Effects of body condition on buoyancy in endangered North Atlantic right whales.
- Effects of chronic ethanol consumption on cytokine regulation of liver regeneration.
- Effects of exercise on plasma lipoproteins.
- Effects of glutamine, glucose, and oxygen concentration on the metabolism and proliferation of rabbit adipose-derived stem cells.
- Effects of perinatal PCB exposure on discrimination-reversal learning in monkeys.
- Effects of the tumour promoter okadaic acid on intracellular protein phosphorylation and metabolism.
- Electrospun cartilage-derived matrix scaffolds for cartilage tissue engineering.
- Elevated resistin levels induce central leptin resistance and increased atherosclerotic progression in mice.
- Elucidating the role of plexin D1 in body fat distribution and susceptibility to metabolic disease using a zebrafish model system.
- Embryonic germ cells are capable of adipogenic differentiation in vitro and in vivo.
- Emerging risk factors as markers for carotid intima media thickness scores.
- Endurance exercise training increases adipose tissue glucocorticoid exposure: adaptations that facilitate lipolysis.
- Enhanced HIV-1 activity in bone marrow can lead to myelopoietic suppression partially contributed by gag p24.
- Enhanced receptor-cyclase coupling and augmented catecholamine-stimulated lipolysis in exercising rats.
- Enhanced refocusing of fat signals using optimized multipulse echo sequences.
- Epicardial Adipose Tissue in Patients With Stable Chest Pain: Insights From the PROMISE Trial.
- Epicardial adipose tissue and carotid artery disease: Protocol for systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Epicardial adipose tissue and metabolic syndrome: An update protocol for systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Estrogen excess associated with novel gain-of-function mutations affecting the aromatase gene.
- Estrogen regulation of adipose tissue lipoprotein lipase--possible mechanism of body fat distribution.
- Evaluation of the effect of respiratory and anatomical variables on a Fourier technique for markerless, self-sorted 4D-CBCT.
- Evidence that activation of acetyl-CoA carboxylase by insulin in adipocytes is mediated by a low-Mr effector and not by increased phosphorylation.
- Excessive adipose tissue infiltration in skeletal muscle in individuals with obesity, diabetes mellitus, and peripheral neuropathy: association with performance and function.
- Exercise Increases Bone in SEIPIN Deficient Lipodystrophy, Despite Low Marrow Adiposity.
- Exercise and Diet: Uncovering Prospective Mediators of Skeletal Fragility in Bone and Marrow Adipose Tissue.
- Exercise and nutritional needs of elderly people: effects on muscle and bone.
- Exercise decreases fat selection in female rats during weight cycling.
- FGF21-FGFR1 Coordinates Phospholipid Homeostasis, Lipid Droplet Function, and ER Stress in Obesity.
- Fasting hyperinsulinemia in human immunodeficiency virus-infected men: relationship to body composition, gonadal function, and protease inhibitor use.
- Fat Grafting and the Palpable Breast Mass in Implant-Based Breast Reconstruction: Incidence and Implications.
- Fat Grafting-More Than Just the Hype.
- Fat collection related to the intrahepatic inferior vena cava on CT.
- Fat distribution and glucose metabolism in older, obese men and women.
- Fat in the inferior vena cava associated with caval injury.
- Fat-containing lesions revealed by CT in children with right lower quadrant pain.
- Fatty infiltration of the cervical extensor musculature, cervical sagittal balance, and clinical outcomes: An analysis of operative adult cervical deformity patients.
- Fetal development of subcutaneous white adipose tissue is dependent on Zfp423.
- Fetal nicotinic overload, blunted sympathetic responsivity, and obesity.
- G(s)alpha deficiency in adipose tissue leads to a lean phenotype with divergent effects on cold tolerance and diet-induced thermogenesis.
- Genetic vulnerability to diet-induced obesity in the C57BL/6J mouse: physiological and molecular characteristics.
- Genome-wide association of pericardial fat identifies a unique locus for ectopic fat.
- Genome-wide meta-analysis uncovers novel loci influencing circulating leptin levels.
- Hepatic R2* is more strongly associated with proton density fat fraction than histologic liver iron scores in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Heterogeneity of adenylate cyclase-coupled beta-adrenergic receptors.
- Heterologous desensitization of the inhibitory A1 adenosine receptor-adenylate cyclase system in rat adipocytes. Regulation of both Ns and Ni.
- High concentrations of isovaleric acid in the fats of odontocetes: variation and patterns of accumulation in blubber vs. stability in the melon.
- High resting metabolic rate among Amazonian forager-horticulturalists experiencing high pathogen burden.
- Hormone receptor complexes and their modulation of membrane function.
- Human Adipose-Derived Stem Cells Labeled with Plasmonic Gold Nanostars for Cellular Tracking and Photothermal Cancer Cell Ablation.
- Human adipocyte lipid-binding protein: purification of the protein and cloning of its complementary DNA.
- IFATS collection: Adipose-derived stromal cells improve the foreign body response.
- Identification of progesterone receptor in human subcutaneous adipose tissue.
- Impaired expression and functional activity of the beta 3- and beta 1-adrenergic receptors in adipose tissue of congenitally obese (C57BL/6J ob/ob) mice.
- Importance of fat mass and lean mass on bone health in men: the Fourth Korean National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (KNHANES IV).
- Improved insulin sensitivity after gastric bypass correlates with decreased total body fat, but not with changes in free fatty acids.
- Improved methodologies for the study of adipose biology: insights gained and opportunities ahead.
- In reply.
- In vivo NMR detection of diet-induced changes in adipose tissue composition.
- In vivo breast tissue backscatter measurements with 7.5- and 10-MHz transducers.
- In vivo brown adipose tissue detection and characterization using water-lipid intermolecular zero-quantum coherences.
- Inactivity, exercise, and visceral fat. STRRIDE: a randomized, controlled study of exercise intensity and amount.
- Increased Hepatic Fat Content in Patients with Resistance to Thyroid Hormone Beta.
- Increased energy requirements and changes in body composition with resistance training in older adults.
- Increased signs of acute rejection with ischemic time in a rat musculocutaneous allotransplant model.
- Increasing fructose 2,6-bisphosphate overcomes hepatic insulin resistance of type 2 diabetes.
- Infrapatellar fat pad abnormalities are associated with a higher inflammatory synovial fluid cytokine profile in young adults following ACL tear.
- Inhibition of central amylin signaling increases food intake and body adiposity in rats.
- Insights from a chimpanzee adipose stromal cell population: opportunities for adult stem cells to expand primate functional genomics.
- Insulin and phorbol ester stimulate phosphorylation of acetyl-CoA carboxylase at similar sites in isolated adipocytes. Lack of correspondence with sites phosphorylated on the purified enzyme by protein kinase C.
- Insulin receptor of fat cells in insulin-resistant metabolic states.
- Integrated Regulation of Hepatic Lipid and Glucose Metabolism by Adipose Triacylglycerol Lipase and FoxO Proteins.
- Interbirth intervals in wild baboons: Environmental predictors and hormonal correlates.
- Interleukin-6 covaries inversely with hippocampal grey matter volume in middle-aged adults.
- Intracellular mediators of insulin action.
- Introduction to the Thematic Review Series: Adipose Biology.
- Irreversible stimulation of adenylate cyclase activity of fat cell membranes of phosphoramidate and phosphonate analogs of GTP.
- Islet α cells and glucagon--critical regulators of energy homeostasis.
- Isolation and purification of canine adipose microvascular endothelial cells.
- Kinetics of irreversible activation of adenylate cyclase of fat cell membranes by phosphonium and phosphoramidate analogs of gtp1.
- Left Ventricular Intramyocardial Fat Detected on Cardiac Computed Tomography in Patients With Stable Chest Pain.
- Leptin in the newborn mouse. Plasma concentrations, characterization of the circulating hormone, and tissue source.
- Ligament-derived matrix stimulates a ligamentous phenotype in human adipose-derived stem cells.
- Linear subcutaneous fat atrophy after a single corticosteroid injection for ocular adnexal hemangioma.
- Linearity, Bias, and Precision of Hepatic Proton Density Fat Fraction Measurements by Using MR Imaging: A Meta-Analysis.
- Lipids and bariatric procedures part 1 of 2: Scientific statement from the National Lipid Association, American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, and Obesity Medicine Association: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY.
- Lipids and bariatric procedures part 1 of 2: Scientific statement from the National Lipid Association, American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, and Obesity Medicine Association: FULL REPORT.
- Lipomatous hypertrophy of the atrial septum: diagnosis by combined two-dimensional echocardiography and computerized tomography.
- Lipoprotein receptor-related protein 1 variants and dietary fatty acids: meta-analysis of European origin and African American studies.
- Liver X receptor is a regulator of orphan nuclear receptor NOR-1 gene transcription in adipocytes.
- Liver fat quantification in photon counting CT in head to head comparison with clinical MRI - First experience.
- Liver transplantation in a patient with primary sclerosing cholangitis suffering from lipomatous pseudohypertrophy of the pancreas.
- Localization and differential regulation of angiotensinogen mRNA expression in the vessel wall.
- Longitudinal association of infrapatellar fat pad signal intensity alteration with biochemical biomarkers in knee osteoarthritis.
- Longitudinal changes in body composition in older men and women: role of body weight change and physical activity.
- Loss of pericyte smoothened activity in mice with genetic deficiency of leptin.
- MED13-dependent signaling from the heart confers leanness by enhancing metabolism in adipose tissue and liver.
- MRS measured fatty acid composition of periprostatic adipose tissue correlates with pathological measures of prostate cancer aggressiveness.
- Macrophage and adipocyte interaction as a source of inflammation in kidney disease.
- Magnetic resonance imaging of intramuscular myxoma with histological comparison and a review of the literature.
- Magnetic separation to concentrate the estrogen receptor from adipose tissue for western analysis.
- Malignant breast epithelial cells stimulate aromatase expression via promoter II in human adipose fibroblasts: an epithelial-stromal interaction in breast tumors mediated by CCAAT/enhancer binding protein beta.
- Measurement of fat/water ratios in rat liver using 3D three-point dixon MRI.
- Mechanism of action of cholera toxin and the mobile receptor theory of hormone receptor-adenylate cyclase interactions.
- Mechanism of activation of adenylate cyclase by Vibrio cholerae enterotoxin.
- Mechanism of activation of adenylate cyclase by Vibrio cholerae enterotoxin. Relations to the mode of activation by hormones.
- Mechanisms of disease progression in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Mendelian randomization provides support for obesity as a risk factor for meningioma.
- Metabolic acceleration and the evolution of human brain size and life history.
- Metabolic and Organelle Morphology Defects in Mice and Human Patients Define Spinocerebellar Ataxia Type 7 as a Mitochondrial Disease.
- Metabolic and functional characterization of human adipose-derived stem cells in tissue engineering.
- Metabolic effects of voluntary wheel running in young and old Syrian golden hamsters.
- Metabolic reprogramming of macrophages: glucose transporter 1 (GLUT1)-mediated glucose metabolism drives a proinflammatory phenotype.
- Metabolism: A is for adipokine.
- Metabolomic profiling reveals mitochondrial-derived lipid biomarkers that drive obesity-associated inflammation.
- Metformin reverses fatty liver disease in obese, leptin-deficient mice.
- Mice with chronically increased circulating ghrelin develop age-related glucose intolerance.
- Military body fat standards and equations applied to middle-aged women.
- Mitochondrial metabolism is a key regulator of the fibro-inflammatory and adipogenic stromal subpopulations in white adipose tissue.
- Mosaic overgrowth with fibroadipose hyperplasia is caused by somatic activating mutations in PIK3CA.
- Mouse adenovirus type 1 infection of adipose tissue.
- Multicenter Validation of Association Between Decline in MRI-PDFF and Histologic Response in NASH.
- Multilayered omics reveal sex- and depot-dependent adipose progenitor cell heterogeneity.
- Multiparity leads to obesity and inflammation in mothers and obesity in male offspring.
- Multisite, multivendor validation of the accuracy and reproducibility of proton-density fat-fraction quantification at 1.5T and 3T using a fat-water phantom.
- Multispectral imaging with three-dimensional rosette trajectories.
- Muscle oxidative capacity during IL-6-dependent cancer cachexia.
- Muscle ring finger-3 protects against diabetic cardiomyopathy induced by a high fat diet.
- Myocardial Steatosis Among Antiretroviral Therapy-Treated People With Human Immunodeficiency Virus Participating in the REPRIEVE Trial.
- National working conference on smoking and body weight. Task Force 2: Methods of assessment, strategies for research.
- Necrotizing Sweet Syndrome of the Upper Extremity After Elective Hand Surgery.
- Necrotizing fasciitis in infancy: an uncommon setting and a prognostic disadvantage.
- Neonatal exposure to parathion alters lipid metabolism in adulthood: Interactions with dietary fat intake and implications for neurodevelopmental deficits.
- Neurogenic differentiation of murine and human adipose-derived stromal cells.
- New genetic loci link adipose and insulin biology to body fat distribution.
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in women.
- Noninvasive temperature mapping with MRI using chemical shift water-fat separation.
- Nutrient overload, insulin resistance, and ribosomal protein S6 kinase 1, S6K1.
- Obesity and insulin resistance: is it due to body fat, energy balance, or gut factors?
- Obesity-related derangements in metabolic regulation.
- Obliteration of the fat surrounding the celiac axis and superior mesenteric artery is not a specific CT finding of carcinoma of the pancreas.
- Okadaic acid mimics the action of insulin in stimulating protein kinase activity in isolated adipocytes. The role of protein phosphatase 2a in attenuation of the signal.
- Omental gene expression of adiponectin correlates with degree of insulin sensitivity before and after gastric bypass surgery.
- Open Chromatin Profiling in Adipose Tissue Marks Genomic Regions with Functional Roles in Cardiometabolic Traits.
- Osteoradionecrosis mimicking metastatic epidural spinal cord compression.
- Overview of clinical perspectives and mechanisms of obesity.
- PTH/PTHrP Receptor Mediates Cachexia in Models of Kidney Failure and Cancer.
- Pathologic HIF1α signaling drives adipose progenitor dysfunction in obesity.
- Pathways: a school-based, randomized controlled trial for the prevention of obesity in American Indian schoolchildren.
- Percent body fat more associated with perioperative risks after total joint arthroplasty than body mass index.
- Pericardial Adipose Tissue Volume and Left Ventricular Assist Device-Associated Outcomes.
- Pericardial fat volume and incident atrial fibrillation in the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis and Jackson Heart Study.
- Periprostatic adipose tissue from obese prostate cancer patients promotes tumor and endothelial cell proliferation: a functional and MR imaging pilot study.
- Peritumoral expression of adipokines and fatty acids in breast cancer.
- Perivascular Fibro-Adipogenic Progenitor Tracing during Post-Traumatic Osteoarthritis.
- Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor γ and Its Role in Adipocyte Homeostasis and Thiazolidinedione-Mediated Insulin Sensitization.
- Persistent organic pollutants in two dolphin species with focus on toxaphene and polybrominated diphenyl ethers.
- Pharmacokinetics and tissue penetration of cefoxitin in obesity: implications for risk of surgical site infection.
- Pharmacologic manipulation of ob expression in a dietary model of obesity.
- Pharmacological characterizations of adrenergic receptors in human adipocytes.
- Phased array ultrasound imaging through planar tissue layers.
- Physical activity and fat-free mass during growth and in later life.
- Physiological and nutritional regulation of enzymes of triacylglycerol synthesis.
- Placental transport of free palmitic and linoleic acids in the guinea pig.
- Population Pharmacokinetics of Cefazolin in Serum and Adipose Tissue From Overweight and Obese Women Undergoing Cesarean Delivery.
- Population genomics reveal recent speciation and rapid evolutionary adaptation in polar bears.
- Post-mortem stability of blubber DLCs, PCB and tDDT in by-caught harbour porpoises (Phocoena phocoena).
- Pparg-P465L mutation worsens hyperglycemia in Ins2-Akita female mice via adipose-specific insulin resistance and storage dysfunction.
- Preparation of inverted plasma membrane vesicles from isolated adipocytes.
- Presence of leptin in breast cell lines and breast tumors.
- Prognostic significance of depth of gross or microscopic perirectal fat invasion in T3 N0 M0 rectal cancers following sharp mesorectal excision and no adjuvant therapy.
- Progress and Challenges in the Biology of FNDC5 and Irisin.
- Protection against lipoapoptosis of beta cells through leptin-dependent maintenance of Bcl-2 expression.
- Public health approaches to obesity and its management.
- Quadriceps fat pad signal intensity and enlargement on MRI: prevalence and associated findings.
- Quantitative dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI of pelvic and lumbar bone marrow: effect of age and marrow fat content on pharmacokinetic parameter values.
- RSPO3 impacts body fat distribution and regulates adipose cell biology in vitro.
- Racial differences in adipose tissue distribution and risk of aggressive prostate cancer among men undergoing radiotherapy.
- Re-patterning of skeletal muscle energy metabolism by fat storage-inducing transmembrane protein 2.
- Regional anthropometric measures and hepatic fibrosis in patients with nonalcoholic Fatty liver disease.
- Regional fat distribution and metabolism in a new mouse model (C57BL/6J) of non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.
- Regular exercise prevents the development of hyperglucocorticoidemia via adaptations in the brain and adrenal glands in male Zucker diabetic fatty rats.
- Regulation of early adipose commitment by Zfp521.
- Regulation of inflammation in the adipose tissue in cancer cachexia: effect of exercise.
- Regulation of lipoprotein lipase activity and mRNA in the mammary gland of the lactating mouse.
- Regulator of Calcineurin 1 helps coordinate whole-body metabolism and thermogenesis.
- Relationship between adipose stromal-vascular cells and adipocytes in human adipose tissue.
- Relationship between adipose tissue insulin resistance and liver histology in nonalcoholic steatohepatitis: a pioglitazone versus vitamin E versus placebo for the treatment of nondiabetic patients with nonalcoholic steatohepatitis trial follow-up study.
- Relationships between adipose tissue and cytokine responses to a randomized controlled exercise training intervention.
- Repeatability of Computerized Tomography-Based Anthropomorphic Measurements of Frailty in Patients With Pulmonary Fibrosis Undergoing Lung Transplantation.
- Replication of genome-wide association signals of type 2 diabetes in Han Chinese in a prospective cohort.
- Reply: Fat Grafting and the Palpable Breast Mass in Implant-Based Breast Reconstruction: Incidence and Implications.
- Resection of panniculus morbidus: a salvage procedure with a steep learning curve.
- Resting metabolic rate and body composition of achondroplastic dwarfs.
- Reversal of diet-induced obesity and diabetes in C57BL/6J mice.
- Reversible De-differentiation of Mature White Adipocytes into Preadipocyte-like Precursors during Lactation.
- Reversing adipocyte differentiation: implications for treatment of obesity.
- Reye's syndrome treated by peritoneal dialysis.
- Reye's syndrome. Possible causes and pathogenetic pathways.
- Role of alpha 1 adrenoceptors in the turnover of phosphatidylinositol and of alpha 2 adrenoceptors in the regulation of cyclic AMP accumulation in hamster adipocytes.
- Role of inflammation in nonalcoholic steatohepatitis.
- Role of leptin in fat regulation.
- Role of magnetic resonance imaging in arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia: insights from the North American arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia (ARVD/C) study.
- Role of receptor mechanisms in the adaptive response to habitual exercise.
- Roles of the AMP-activated and cyclic-AMP-dependent protein kinases in the adrenaline-induced inactivation of acetyl-CoA carboxylase in rat adipocytes.
- Roles of the lactogens and somatogens in perinatal and postnatal metabolism and growth: studies of a novel mouse model combining lactogen resistance and growth hormone deficiency.
- Seasonal variation in body mass and locomotor kinetics of the fat-tailed dwarf lemur (Cheirogaleus medius).
- Sex differences in the relationship of body fat distribution with psychosocial variables
- Sexual Dimorphism in Cardiovascular Biomarkers: Clinical and Research Implications.
- Shear-wave generation using acoustic radiation force: in vivo and ex vivo results.
- Short-term effects of dietary fatty acids on muscle lipid composition and serum acylcarnitine profile in human subjects.
- Sources of image degradation in fundamental and harmonic ultrasound imaging: a nonlinear, full-wave, simulation study.
- Sparing effect of leptin on liver glycogen stores in rats during the fed-to-fasted transition.
- Stability of liver proton density fat fraction and changes in R 2* measurements induced by administering gadoxetic acid at 3T MRI.
- Stimulation of catecholamine-sensitive adenylate cyclase by 5'-guanylyl-imidodiphosphate.
- Stress and body shape: stress-induced cortisol secretion is consistently greater among women with central fat.
- Structure and function of cholera toxin and hormone receptors.
- Subcutaneous fat necrosis after paracentesis: Report of a case in a patient with acute pancreatitis.
- Superparamagnetic iron oxide labeling and transplantation of adipose-derived stem cells in middle cerebral artery occlusion-injured mice.
- Surface protein characterization of human adipose tissue-derived stromal cells.
- T cell-depleted cultured pediatric thymus tissue as a model for some aspects of human age-related thymus involution.
- TRB3 links the E3 ubiquitin ligase COP1 to lipid metabolism.
- Targeting T-cell oxidative metabolism to improve influenza survival in a mouse model of obesity.
- Targeting the GIPR for obesity: To agonize or antagonize? Potential mechanisms.
- Technique for MR imaging of the liver.
- The Athena trials: Autologous adipose-derived regenerative cells for refractory chronic myocardial ischemia with left ventricular dysfunction.
- The Effect of Blood Loss on Cefazolin Levels in Women Undergoing Cesarean Delivery.
- The Influence of Fat Grafting on Breast Imaging after Postmastectomy Reconstruction: A Matched Cohort Analysis.
- The Role of the Adipokine Leptin in Immune Cell Function in Health and Disease.
- The appraisal of body content (ABC) trial: obesity does not significantly impact gamete production in infertile men and women.
- The aromatase enzyme: from cloning to cancer.
- The beta-adrenergic receptors and the control of adipose tissue metabolism and thermogenesis.
- The carboxypeptidase E knockout mouse exhibits endocrinological and behavioral deficits.
- The effects of repeated cycles of weight loss and regain in rats.
- The expanding problem of adipose depot remodeling and postnatal adipocyte progenitor recruitment.
- The fake fat phenomenon in organizing pleuritis: a source of confusion with desmoplastic malignant mesotheliomas.
- The human CYP19 (aromatase P450) gene: update on physiologic roles and genomic organization of promoters.
- The independent effects of obesity and body fat distribution on blood pressure in black adults: the Pitt County study.
- The insulinomimetic effects of the polar head group of an insulin-sensitive glycophospholipid on pyruvate dehydrogenase in both subcellular and whole cell assays.
- The new cardiotonic agent sulmazole is an A1 adenosine receptor antagonist and functionally blocks the inhibitory regulator, Gi.
- The prolactin receptor in the fetal rat: cellular localization of messenger ribonucleic acid, immunoreactive protein, and ligand-binding activity and induction of expression in late gestation.
- The value of magnetic resonance imaging in the evaluation of fatty filum terminale.
- Thermogenesis in Adipose Tissue Activated by Thyroid Hormone.
- Tissue engraftment of hypoxic-preconditioned adipose-derived stem cells improves flap viability.
- Tissue relaxation time: in vivo field dependence.
- Tissue-specific alterations in G protein expression in genetic versus diet-induced models of non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus in the mouse.
- Total energy expenditure is repeatable in adults but not associated with short-term changes in body composition.
- Tradeoffs between immune function and childhood growth among Amazonian forager-horticulturalists.
- Transcriptional control of preadipocyte determination by Zfp423.
- Transgenic ω-3 PUFA enrichment alters morphology and gene expression profile in adipose tissue of obese mice: Potential role for protectins.
- Transient effects of long-term leptin supplementation in the prevention of diet-induced obesity in mice.
- Trends in the maternal investment of harbour porpoises are uncoupled from the dynamics of their primary prey.
- UDP-N-acetylglucosamine transferase and glutamine: fructose 6-phosphate amidotransferase activities in insulin-sensitive tissues.
- Uncoupling protein-2: a novel gene linked to obesity and hyperinsulinemia.
- Upake of plasma lipids by extrahepatic tissues of vitamin A fed rats.
- Use of okadaic acid to inhibit protein phosphatases in intact cells.
- Variation in body fat distribution and breast cancer risk in the families of patients with breast cancer and control families.
- Vesicoureteral reflux in children: a phantom study of microwave heating and radiometric thermometry of pediatric bladder.
- Visceral Adipose Tissue Mesothelial Cells: Living on the Edge or Just Taking Up Space?
- Visceral leishmaniasis: a model for infection-induced cachexia.
- Vocal fold injection as a treatment for glottic insufficiency: pro.
- Weight regulation practices in athletes: analysis of metabolic and health effects.
- What are the dietary energy needs of elderly adults?
- When ablating over epicardial fat, consider the path of least resistance!
- Wnt signaling in bone, kidney, intestine, and adipose tissue and interorgan interaction in aging.
- alpha-Adrenergic receptors in human adipocyte membranes: direct determination by [3H]yohimbine binding.
Keywords of People
- Allori, Alexander C, Associate Professor of Surgery, Surgery, Plastic, Maxillofacial, and Oral Surgery
- Bennett, Vann, George Barth Geller Distinguished Professor of Molecular Biology, Duke Cancer Institute
- Bradford, William Dalton, Professor of Pathology, Pathology
- Charles, Hal Cecil, Adjunct Associate Professor in the Department of Radiology, Radiology
- Craciunescu, Oana, Professor of Radiation Oncology, Radiation Oncology
- Freemark, Michael Scott, Robert C. Atkins, M.D. and Veronica Atkins Distinguished Professor of Pediatrics, in the School of Medicine, Pediatrics, Endocrinology
- Nowacek, Douglas, Randolph K. Repass and Sally-Christine Rodgers University Distinguished Professor of Conservation Technology in Environment and Engineering, Nicholas Institute-Energy Initiative
- Palmer, Gregory M., Associate Professor of Radiation Oncology, Radiation Oncology
- Wray, Gregory Allan, Professor of Biology, Evolutionary Anthropology
- Yancy Jr., William Samuel, Professor of Medicine, Medicine, General Internal Medicine