Subject Areas on Research
- A Randomized Controlled Trial of Low-Dose Tranexamic Acid versus Placebo to Reduce Red Blood Cell Transfusion During Complex Multilevel Spine Fusion Surgery.
- A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of epsilon-aminocaproic acid for reducing blood loss in coronary artery bypass grafting surgery.
- A phase III, multicenter, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial of topical aminocaproic acid (Caprogel) in the management of traumatic hyphema.
- AANA Journal Course: Update for Nurse Anesthetists-Part 5-Use of Tranexamic Acid in Preventing Postpartum Hemorrhage.
- Antifibrinolytic Therapy and Perioperative Considerations.
- Antifibrinolytic Therapy for Cardiac Surgery: An Update.
- Antifibrinolytic agents make alpha1- and beta2-microglobulinuria poor markers of postcardiac surgery renal dysfunction.
- Antifibrinolytic agents reduce tissue plasminogen activator-mediated neuronal toxicity in vitro.
- Antifibrinolytic therapy in the management of the Kasabach Merritt syndrome.
- Antifibrinolytic therapy: new data and new concepts.
- Antifibrinolytic use during cardiac and hepatic surgery makes tubular proteinuria-based early biomarkers poor tools to diagnose perioperative acute kidney injury.
- Application of a plasmin generation assay to define pharmacodynamic effects of tranexamic acid in women undergoing cesarean delivery.
- Aprotinin versus tranexamic acid: the controversy continues.
- Association between CK-MB Area Under the Curve and Tranexamic Acid Utilization in Patients Undergoing Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery.
- Bleeding and management of coagulopathy.
- Bleeding during thrombolytic therapy for acute myocardial infarction: mechanisms and management.
- Blood Management in Outpatient Total Hip Arthroplasty.
- Body mass index and effectiveness of reperfusion strategies: implications for the management of patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction.
- Cells with pathogenic biallelic mutations in the human MUTYH gene are defective in DNA damage binding and repair.
- Challenges for providing effective hemostasis in surgery and trauma.
- Clinical Impact of Routine Complete Blood Counts Following Total Knee Arthroplasty.
- Coagulopathy and inflammation in neonatal heart surgery: mechanisms and strategies.
- Comparative analysis of antifibrinolytic medications in pediatric heart surgery.
- Coronary artery bypass grafting after aprotinin: are we doing better?
- Cost-benefit and efficacy of aprotinin compared with epsilon-aminocaproic acid in patients having repeated cardiac operations: a randomized, blinded clinical trial.
- Definite hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia in a 60-year-old black Kenyan woman: a case report.
- Development of a novel blood-sparing agent in cardiac surgery: do we need another agent?
- Differences in bleeding phenotype and provider interventions in postmenarchal adolescents when compared to adult women with bleeding disorders and heavy menstrual bleeding.
- Disease severity in rheumatoid arthritis: relationships of plasma tumor necrosis factor-alpha, soluble interleukin 2-receptor, soluble CD4/CD8 ratio, neopterin, and fibrin D-dimer to traditional severity and functional measures.
- Economics of low-molecular weight heparins.
- Effect of Antifibrinolytic Therapy on Complications, Thromboembolic Events, Blood Product Utilization, and Fusion in Adult Spinal Deformity Surgery.
- Effect of two doses of tranexamic acid on fibrinolysis evaluated by thromboelastography during cardiac surgery: a randomised, controlled study.
- Effects of recombinant activated factor VII on thrombin-mediated feedback activation of coagulation.
- Epsilon Aminocaproic Acid to Reduce Blood Loss and Transfusion After Total Hip and Total Knee Arthroplasty.
- Evaluation and management of bleeding during cardiac surgery.
- Evaluation of paradoxic beneficial effects of smoking in patients receiving thrombolytic therapy for acute myocardial infarction: mechanism of the "smoker's paradox" from the GUSTO-I trial, with angiographic insights. Global Utilization of Streptokinase and Tissue-Plasminogen Activator for Occluded Coronary Arteries.
- Facilitated versus primary PCI for acute myocardial infarction.
- Haemodilution-induced profibrinolytic state is mitigated by fresh-frozen plasma: implications for early haemostatic intervention in massive haemorrhage.
- Intra-arterial thrombolysis for basilar artery thrombosis: trial it.
- Intravenous tranexamic acid vs. topical thrombin in total shoulder arthroplasty: a comparative study.
- Ischemic Preconditioning and the Role of Antifibrinolytic Drugs: Translation From Bench to Bedside.
- Laryngeal Edema in a Child with Hereditary Angioedema with Normal C1 Inhibitor.
- Management of gynecologic surgery in the patient with factor XI deficiency: a review of the literature.
- Management of hemostatic complications in acute leukemia: Guidance from the SSC of the ISTH.
- Management of major bleeding events in patients treated with rivaroxaban vs. warfarin: results from the ROCKET AF trial.
- Managing Heavy Menstrual Bleeding in Women at Risk of Thrombosis.
- Managing clotting: a North American perspective.
- Myocardial ischemia correlates with reduced fibrinolytic activity following peripheral vascular surgery.
- National trends in tranexamic acid use in the peripartum period, 2015-2019.
- Nonsurgical management of heavy menstrual bleeding: a systematic review.
- Novel pharmacologic approaches to reduce bleeding.
- Optimal Tranexamic Acid Dosing Regimen in Cardiac Surgery: What Are the Missing Pieces?
- Perioperative Management in Shoulder Arthroplasty: A Review of Current Practice.
- Population pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of Tranexamic acid in women undergoing caesarean delivery.
- Postpartum hemorrhage management in 2012: predicting the future.
- Predictors of transfusion outcomes in pediatric complex cranial vault reconstruction: a multicentre observational study from the Pediatric Craniofacial Collaborative Group.
- Preoperative Hemoglobin Predicts Postoperative Transfusion Despite Antifibrinolytics During Total Knee Arthroplasty.
- Prohemostatic agents to prevent perioperative blood loss.
- Prohemostatic treatment in cardiac surgery.
- Prospective comparison of hemorrhagic complications after treatment with enoxaparin versus unfractionated heparin for unstable angina pectoris or non-ST-segment elevation acute myocardial infarction.
- Quality of clinical documentation and anticoagulation control in patients with chronic nonvalvular atrial fibrillation in routine medical care.
- Quantitative assessment of fibrinogen cross-linking by epsilon aminocaproic acid in patients with end-stage liver disease.
- Reasons for Refusal of Newborn Vitamin K Prophylaxis: Implications for Management and Education.
- Refractory status epilepticus after inadvertent intrathecal injection of tranexamic acid treated by magnesium sulfate.
- Reperfusion strategies in acute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: a comprehensive review of contemporary management options.
- Reperfusion strategy and mortality in ST-elevation myocardial infarction among patients with and without impaired renal function.
- Rivaroxaban reversal with prothrombin complex concentrate or tranexamic acid in healthy volunteers.
- Rotational thromboelastometry-guided transfusion during lumbar pedicle subtraction osteotomy for adult spinal deformity: preliminary findings from a matched cohort study.
- Safety of antifibrinolytics in 6583 pediatric patients having craniosynostosis surgery: A decade of data reported from the multicenter Pediatric Craniofacial Collaborative Group.
- Safety of antifibrinolytics in cranial vault reconstructive surgery: a report from the pediatric craniofacial collaborative group.
- The association of epsilon-aminocaproic acid with postoperative decrease in creatinine clearance in 1502 coronary bypass patients.
- The cellular basis of traumatic bleeding.
- The effect of aprotinin on outcome after coronary-artery bypass grafting.
- The effects of MDCO-2010, a serine protease inhibitor, on activated clotting time in blood obtained from volunteers and cardiac surgical patients.
- The kaolin-activated Thrombelastograph predicts bleeding after cardiac surgery.
- The risk of thromboembolic events with early intravenous 2- and 4-g bolus dosing of tranexamic acid compared to placebo in patients with severe traumatic bleeding: A secondary analysis of a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, single-center trial.
- The role of anti-fibrinolytics, rFVIIa and other pro-coagulants: prophylactic versus rescue?
- Thrombin generation and fibrinolysis in anti-factor IX treated blood and plasma spiked with factor VIII inhibitor bypassing activity or recombinant factor VIIa.
- Tranexamic Acid for Acute Hemorrhage: When Is Enough Evidence Enough?
- Tranexamic Acid for Prevention and Treatment of Postpartum Hemorrhage: An Update on Management and Clinical Outcomes.
- Tranexamic acid or epsilon-aminocaproic acid in total joint arthroplasty? A randomized controlled trial.
- Using antifibrinolytics in the peripartum period - concern for a hypercoagulable effect?
- Variability of plasma IL-6 and crosslinked fibrin dimers over time in community dwelling elderly subjects.
- Von Willebrand factor for menorrhagia: a survey and literature review.
- What Should Define Preoperative Anemia in Primary THA?
- When Should Complete Blood Count Tests Be Performed in Primary Total Hip Arthroplasty Patients?
- [Efficacy and safety of tranexamic acid administration for the prevention and/or the treatment of post-partum haemorrhage: a systematic review with meta-analysis].
- [Enzyme activity and hyperaminoacidemia arising in a case of essential hypoproteinemia].
- eComment: Treating endoleak type 2 and disseminated intravascular coagulopathy after EVAR with tranexamic acid: the efficacy of killing two birds with one stone.
- epsilon-Aminocaproic acid plasma levels during cardiopulmonary bypass.
- von Willebrand disease (VWD): evidence-based diagnosis and management guidelines, the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) Expert Panel report (USA).
- ε-Aminocaproic acid and clinical value in cardiac anesthesia.
Keywords of People
- Levy, Jerrold Henry, Professor of Anesthesiology, Anesthesiology, Cardiothoracic
- Milano, Carmelo Alessio, Joseph W. and Dorothy W. Beard Distinguished Professor of Experimental Surgery, Surgery, Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery
- Stinnett, Sandra Sue, Associate Professor of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics, Biostatistics & Bioinformatics