Subject Areas on Research
- 27. Transplantation immunology: organ and bone marrow.
- A host protein (La) binds to a unique species of minus-sense leader RNA during replication of vesicular stomatitis virus.
- A hyaline layer protein that becomes localized to the oral ectoderm and foregut of sea urchin embryos.
- A new Kupffer cell receptor mediating plasma clearance of carcinoembryonic antigen by the rat.
- A non-transformed oligodendrocyte precursor cell line, OL-1, facilitates studies of insulin-like growth factor-I signaling during oligodendrocyte development.
- A nonantigenic covalent streptokinase-polyethylene glycol complex with plasminogen activator function.
- A novel role for the centrosomal protein, pericentrin, in regulation of insulin secretory vesicle docking in mouse pancreatic beta-cells.
- A requirement for trypsin-sensitive cell-surface components for cell-cell interactions of embryonic neural retina cells.
- A self-adjuvanting supramolecular vaccine carrying a folded protein antigen.
- A simplified method for the isolation of highly purified bovine retinal S antigen.
- Abnormalities of chemotactic lymphokine synthesis and mononuclear leukocyte chemotaxis in Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome.
- Accelerated rejection of skin grafts in recipients sensitized with extracted human histocompatibility antigens.
- Adjuvant-free in vivo targeting. Antigen delivery by alpha 2-macroglobulin enhances antibody formation.
- Agent-based modeling of the context dependency in T cell recognition.
- Alterations in HLA-DP and HLA-DQ antigen frequency in patients with dermatitis herpetiformis.
- An accidental laboratory infection with African trypanosomes of a defined stock. I. The clinical course of the infection.
- An immunological induced defect of neuromuscular transmission in rats.
- An in vitro neurite-promoting antigen functions in axonal regeneration in vivo.
- An injectable PEG-like conjugate forms a subcutaneous depot and enables sustained delivery of a peptide drug.
- Analysis of cytoplasmic antigens of the yeast and mycelial phases of Candida albicans by two-dimensional electrophoresis.
- Angiostatin's molecular mechanism: aspects of specificity and regulation elucidated.
- Anomalous MLR responsiveness among siblings.
- Anti-DNA antibodies in systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Anti-Sm autoantibodies in MRL mice: analysis of precursor frequency.
- Anti-idiotypic monoclonal antibodies to GM1 identify ganglioside binding proteins.
- Antibody to VLA-4, but not to L-selectin, protects neuronal M2 muscarinic receptors in antigen-challenged guinea pig airways.
- Antibody-antigen binding kinetics. A model for multivalency antibodies for large antigen systems.
- Antibody-induced proteinase activation: a proposed mechanism for pemphigus.
- Antigen delivery by alpha(2)-macroglobulin enhances the cytotoxic T lymphocyte response.
- Antigen retrieval, blocking, detection and visualisation systems in immunohistochemistry: a review and practical evaluation of tyramide and rolling circle amplification systems.
- Antigen-specific B cell detection reagents: use and quality control.
- Antigens from synthetic and natural estrogens: formation by conjugation with protein through a thiopropionic acid link.
- Antinuclear antibodies and nuclear antigens in NZB myeloma ascitic fluids.
- Architectural Modification of Conformal PEG-Bottlebrush Coatings Minimizes Anti-PEG Antigenicity While Preserving Stealth Properties.
- Aspects of immunobiology and immunotherapy and uses of monoclonal antibodies and biologic immune modifiers in human gliomas.
- Association between the 7 S RNA and the lupus La protein varies among cell types.
- Axonal regrowth after spinal cord injury via chondroitinase and the tissue plasminogen activator (tPA)/plasmin system.
- Beta-adrenergic receptor kinase-2 and beta-arrestin-2 as mediators of odorant-induced desensitization.
- Beta-arrestin2, a novel member of the arrestin/beta-arrestin gene family.
- Biomimetic nanoparticles for transplantation tolerance.
- Bone marrow-derived progenitor cells contribute to experimental choroidal neovascularization.
- CD22 regulates time course of both B cell division and antibody response.
- CD4 enhances T cell sensitivity to antigen by coordinating Lck accumulation at the immunological synapse.
- Cardiac arrest/cardiopulmonary resuscitation augments cell-mediated immune function and transiently suppresses humoral immune function.
- Cellular and molecular targeting for nanotherapeutics in transplantation tolerance.
- Characterization and idiotypic analysis of an anti-RNP monoclonal antibody.
- Characterization of a chimpanzee anti-human melanoma antiserum.
- Characterization of a monoclonal antibody, RTE-21, that binds to keratohyalin granule-associated proteins in epithelial cells of human skin and thymus.
- Characterization of a novel human corneal endothelial antigen.
- Characterization of the mucosal immune response to dietary antigens in patients with dermatitis herpetiformis.
- Chemical synthesis of highly congested gp120 V1V2 N-glycopeptide antigens for potential HIV-1-directed vaccines.
- Chemotaxis of mononuclear leukocytes.
- Cholera toxin acts as a potent adjuvant for the induction of cytotoxic T-lymphocyte responses with non-replicating antigens.
- Cholinergic mechanisms involved with histamine hyperreactivity in immune rabbit airways challenged with ragweed antigen.
- Chronic aspiration shifts the immune response from adaptive immunity to innate immunity in a murine model of asthma.
- Cloning of mitogen- and antigen-reactive B lymphocytes on filter paper discs. I. A description of the technique and of methods for the analysis of colonies.
- Cloning of mitogen- and antigen-reactive B lymphocytes on filter paper disks: phenotypic and genotypic analysis of B cell colonies.
- Comparative analysis of antigen loading strategies of dendritic cells for tumor immunotherapy.
- Comparisons of mixed leukocyte reactions with skin graft survival in families genotyped for HL-A.
- Complement component C3d-antigen complexes can either augment or inhibit B lymphocyte activation and humoral immunity in mice depending on the degree of CD21/CD19 complex engagement.
- Computational design of protein antigens that interact with the CDR H3 loop of HIV broadly neutralizing antibody 2F5.
- Correlation of milk precipitins with IgA deficiency.
- Dendritic cell/macrophage precursors capture exogenous antigen for MHC class I presentation by dendritic cells.
- Deployment of extracellular matrix proteins in sea urchin embryogenesis.
- Desensitization of G protein-coupled receptors.
- Desensitization of the isolated beta 2-adrenergic receptor by beta-adrenergic receptor kinase, cAMP-dependent protein kinase, and protein kinase C occurs via distinct molecular mechanisms.
- Detection of Kawasaki disease-associated antigen in inflamed gastrointestinal tract in acute Kawasaki disease.
- Detection of antigen in bronchial epithelium and macrophages in acute Kawasaki disease by use of synthetic antibody.
- Development and validation of a cell-based fluorescent method for measuring antibody affinity.
- Differences in phosphorylation of formylpeptide and C5a chemoattractant receptors correlate with differences in desensitization.
- Disparate adjuvant properties among three formulations of "alum".
- Donor-specific bone marrow cells suppress lymphocyte reactivity to donor antigens and differentially modulate TH1 and TH2 cytokine gene expression in the responder cell population.
- Dynamic intercellular redistribution of HIT antigen modulates heparin-induced thrombocytopenia.
- ERAAP synergizes with MHC class I molecules to make the final cut in the antigenic peptide precursors in the endoplasmic reticulum.
- Effector T Cell Egress via Afferent Lymph Modulates Local Tissue Inflammation.
- Effects of chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan 4 (NG2/CSPG4) on soft-tissue sarcoma growth depend on tumor developmental stage.
- Electron microscopic virus-like material in systemic lupus erythematosus: with preliminary immunologic observations on presence of measles antigen.
- Embryonic development of human transplantation antigens.
- Endothelial cell antibodies associated with novel targets and increased rejection.
- Engineering B cells with mRNA.
- Enumerating antigen-specific T-cell responses in peripheral blood: a comparison of peptide MHC Tetramer, ELISpot, and intracellular cytokine analysis.
- Epicutaneous sensitization results in IgE-dependent intestinal mast cell expansion and food-induced anaphylaxis.
- Experimental autoimmune uveoretinitis and pinealitis induced by interphotoreceptor retinoid-binding protein and S-antigen: induction of intraretinal and subretinal neovascularization.
- Experimental transfusion reactions and disseminated intravascular coagulation produced by incompatible plasma in monkeys.
- Expression of cytokine mRNA in murine splenic dendritic cells and better induction of T cell-derived cytokines by dendritic cells than by macrophages during in vitro costimulation assay using specific antigens.
- Expression of plasminogen activator inhibitor type 2 in normal and psoriatic epidermis.
- Fluorescent Immunohistochemistry.
- Functional desensitization of the isolated beta-adrenergic receptor by the beta-adrenergic receptor kinase: potential role of an analog of the retinal protein arrestin (48-kDa protein).
- Functional electrical stimulation helps replenish progenitor cells in the injured spinal cord of adult rats.
- G-protein-coupled receptors: regulatory role of receptor kinases and arrestin proteins.
- Generating monoclonal antibodies to neuronal antigens.
- Genetic mapping of the beta-arrestin 1 and 2 genes on mouse chromosomes 7 and 11 respectively.
- Germinal center responses to complex antigens.
- Graft donor selection based upon single locus (haplotype) analysis within families.
- HL-A antigenic loss in malignant transformation.
- Heparin-induced decrease in circulating antithrombin-III.
- High-Throughput Mapping of B Cell Receptor Sequences to Antigen Specificity.
- Human erythrocyte antigens. III. Characterization of a panel of murine monoclonal antibodies that react with human erythrocyte and erythroid precursor membranes.
- Human nasopharyngeal-associated lymphoreticular tissues. Functional analysis of subepithelial and intraepithelial B and T cells from adenoids and tonsils.
- Human spleen contains phenotypic subsets of macrophages and dendritic cells that occupy discrete microanatomic locations.
- Humoral antibody response and tumor transplantation resistance elicited by fetal tissues in mice.
- Humoral immune responses in L-selectin-deficient mice.
- I and i antigens on normal and leukemic leukocytes.
- Identification and visualization of multidimensional antigen-specific T-cell populations in polychromatic cytometry data.
- Identification of four classes of cell surface antigens appearing at gastrulation in sea urchin embryos.
- Idiotypic analysis of a monoclonal anti-Sm antibody.
- Idiotypic analysis of a monoclonal anti-Sm antibody. II. Strain distribution of a common idiotypic determinant and its relationship to anti-Sm expression.
- Idiotypic cross-reaction between MRL autoantibodies and a BALB/c myeloma.
- Idiotypic cross-reaction between MRL monoclonal autoantibodies with different antigen specificity.
- IgG antibodies from patients with bullous pemphigoid bind to fusion proteins encoded by BPAg1 cDNA.
- Immune competence of germ-free rats. I. Increased responsiveness to transplantation and other antigens.
- Immune fever in the rabbit: responses of the hematologic and complement systems.
- Immune responses during administration of adriamycin and Corynebacterium parvum.
- Immunobiologic aspects of the brain and human gliomas. A review.
- Immunochemical and biochemical characterization of a glioma-associated extracellular matrix glycoprotein.
- Immunohistochemical studies of cell differentiation in a juxtaglomerular tumor.
- Immunologic control of a retrovirus-associated murine adenocarcinoma. VII. Tumor cell destruction by macrophages and IgG2A.
- Immunological mechanisms of allograft rejection.
- In Vitro and In Vivo IgE-/Antigen-Mediated Mast Cell Activation.
- In situ studies of the antigen-driven somatic hypermutation of immunoglobulin genes.
- In situ studies of the primary immune response to (4-hydroxy-3-nitrophenyl)acetyl. I. The architecture and dynamics of responding cell populations.
- Incompatible bone-marrow transplantation in lymphopenic immunologic deficiency. Circumvention of fatal graft-versus-host disease by immunologic enhancement.
- Increased biodiversity in the environment improves the humoral response of rats.
- Independent expression of autoantibodies in systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Induction immunosuppression.
- Induction of immune responses with anti-idiotypic antibodies: implications for the induction of protective immunity.
- Inhibition of invariant chain expression in dendritic cells presenting endogenous antigens stimulates CD4+ T-cell responses and tumor immunity.
- Injectable intratumoral depot of thermally responsive polypeptide-radionuclide conjugates delays tumor progression in a mouse model.
- Interaction of NG2(+) glial progenitors and microglia/macrophages from the injured spinal cord.
- Interaction of macrophages and lymphocytes for lymphokine production and cellular proliferation.
- Interactions of plus and minus strand leader RNAs of the New Jersey serotype of vesicular stomatitis virus with the cellular La protein.
- Isoantibody specificity in post-transfusion purpura.
- Isolation and analysis of cDNA clones expressing human lupus La antigen.
- Isolation and characterization of two group-specific antigens from feline leukemia virus.
- Kinetics of elimination of antithrombin III concentrate in heparinized patients.
- L-selectin or ICAM-1 deficiency reduces an immediate-type hypersensitivity response by preventing mast cell recruitment in repeated elicitation of contact hypersensitivity.
- L-selectin shedding does not regulate constitutive T cell trafficking but controls the migration pathways of antigen-activated T lymphocytes.
- Lipid bodies containing oxidatively truncated lipids block antigen cross-presentation by dendritic cells in cancer.
- Liposomal delivery of soluble protein antigens for class I MHC-mediated antigen presentation.
- Location of WESb on decay-accelerating factor.
- Long-term efficacy of enzyme replacement therapy for adenosine deaminase (ADA)-deficient severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID).
- Lymphocyte responses to ragweed antigens from different sources.
- Macrophages (histiocytes) in various reactive and inflammatory conditions express different antigenic phenotypes.
- Mast cell regulation of inflammation and gene expression during antigen-induced bladder inflammation in mice.
- Mature T lymphocyte apoptosis--immune regulation in a dynamic and unpredictable antigenic environment.
- Maximizing the retention of antigen specific lymphocyte function after cryopreservation.
- Mesenchymal Tumors Can Derive from Ng2/Cspg4-Expressing Pericytes with β-Catenin Modulating the Neoplastic Phenotype.
- Mobility and distribution of a cell surface glycoprotein and its interaction with other membrane components.
- Modification of lupus-associated 60-kDa Ro protein with the lipid oxidation product 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal increases antigenicity and facilitates epitope spreading.
- Modified T-cell receptor ligands: moving beyond a strict occupancy model for T-cell activation by antigen.
- Modulation of CD45 tyrosine phosphatase activity by antigen.
- Molecular barriers to xenotransplantation.
- Monoclonal antibodies to tissue-associated antigens as antitumor reagents.
- Monoclonal antibodies to tissue-specific cell surface antigens. I. Characterization of an antibody to a prostate tissue antigen.
- Morphology of the fibrinogen exudate during evolution of a mycobacterial-induced murine eye granuloma.
- Multiplex detection of disease biomarkers using SERS molecular sentinel-on-chip.
- Myeloablative temozolomide enhances CD8⁺ T-cell responses to vaccine and is required for efficacy against brain tumors in mice.
- Nanoparticle Platforms for Antigen-Specific Immune Tolerance.
- Nanoparticle delivery of donor antigens for transplant tolerance in allogeneic islet transplantation.
- Network interactions, 1982: audivi, legi, fugi.
- Neurological disorders with abnormalities of immunoglobulin metabolism.
- Non-specific and specific immunotherapy in patients with melanoma.
- Normal chicken cells (chf-) express a surface antigen which cross-reacts with determinants of the major envelope glycoprotein (gp85) of avian myeloblastosis virus.
- Nucleic acid scavenging polymers inhibit extracellular DNA-mediated innate immune activation without inhibiting anti-viral responses.
- Nucleoside-modified mRNA vaccines induce potent T follicular helper and germinal center B cell responses.
- Nucleotide sequence and host La protein interactions of rabies virus leader RNA.
- Nutritional and antigenic effects of two bovine milk preparations in infants.
- Ocular allergy modulation to hi-dose antigen sensitization is a Treg-dependent process.
- Odorant receptors and desensitization proteins colocalize in mammalian sperm.
- Optimizing PLG nanoparticle-peptide delivery platforms for transplantation tolerance using an allogeneic skin transplant model.
- Overexpression of beta-arrestin and beta-adrenergic receptor kinase augment desensitization of beta 2-adrenergic receptors.
- Overlapping roles for L-selectin and P-selectin in antigen-induced immune responses in the microvasculature.
- Oxidative damage-induced inflammation initiates age-related macular degeneration.
- PLG scaffold delivered antigen-specific regulatory T cells induce systemic tolerance in autoimmune diabetes.
- Phenotypic and functional maturation of dendritic cells mediated by heparan sulfate.
- Phenotypic characterization and ontogeny of components of the human thymic microenvironment.
- Phosphatidylinositol-glycan linked proteins of the erythrocyte membrane.
- Phosphorylation and desensitization of the human beta 1-adrenergic receptor. Involvement of G protein-coupled receptor kinases and cAMP-dependent protein kinase.
- Phosphorylation of the B1 (CD20) molecule by normal and malignant human B lymphocytes.
- Photoperiod influences the effects of exercise and food restriction on an antigen-specific immune response in Siberian hamsters.
- Platelets contain releasable coagulation factor IX antigen.
- Polyethylene Glycol-Like Brush Polymer Conjugate of a Protein Drug Does Not Induce an Antipolymer Immune Response and Has Enhanced Pharmacokinetics than Its Polyethylene Glycol Counterpart.
- Polypeptides of avian RNA tumor viruses. II. Serological characterization.
- Polypeptides of avian RNA tumor viruses. IV. Components of the viral envelope.
- Polypeptides of avian RNA tumor viruses. V. Analysis of the virus core.
- Preemptive Tolerogenic Delivery of Donor Antigens for Permanent Allogeneic Islet Graft Protection.
- Preoperative mobilization of circulating dendritic cells by Flt3 ligand administration to patients with metastatic colon cancer.
- Preparation of a biologically stable and immunogenically competent astatinated protein.
- Programming human dendritic cells with mRNA.
- Progressive immunoglobulin gene mutations in chronic lymphocytic leukemia: evidence for antigen-driven intraclonal diversification.
- Properties of mouse leukemia viruses. II. Isolation of viral components.
- Proteomic analysis of human bronchoalveolar lavage fluid after subsgemental exposure.
- RNA as performance-enhancers for dendritic cells.
- RNA-binding protein FXR2 regulates adult hippocampal neurogenesis by reducing Noggin expression.
- Radioimmunoassays for cannabinoids.
- Radiommunoassay of delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol.
- Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial of the Effect of Vitamin D3 on the Interferon Signature in Patients With Systemic Lupus Erythematosus.
- Rapid generation of potent antibodies by autonomous hypermutation in yeast.
- Recall of B cell memory depends on relative locations of prime and boost immunization.
- Receptor-specific desensitization with purified proteins. Kinase dependence and receptor specificity of beta-arrestin and arrestin in the beta 2-adrenergic receptor and rhodopsin systems.
- Reciprocal expansions of idiotypic and anti-idiotypic clones following antigen stimulation.
- Recovery of in vivo cellular immunity after human marrow grafting. Influence of time postgrafting and acute graft-versus-host disease.
- Regulation of IgE synthesis: introduction.
- Regulation of ZAP-70 intracellular localization: visualization with the green fluorescent protein.
- Regulation of the immune response. I. Regulatory cell equilibrium in the "virgin" state.
- Regulatory B10 cells differentiate into antibody-secreting cells after transient IL-10 production in vivo.
- Release of tissue plasminogen activator and its fast-acting inhibitor in defective fibrinolysis.
- Remembrance of things past.
- Removal of fibroblasts from human epithelial cell cultures with use of a complement fixing monoclonal antibody reactive with human fibroblasts and monocytes/macrophages.
- Resistance of CD7-deficient mice to lipopolysaccharide-induced shock syndromes.
- Role of beta-arrestin in mediating agonist-promoted G protein-coupled receptor internalization.
- SVM-based prediction of linear B-cell epitopes using Bayes Feature Extraction.
- Selective modification of antigen-specific T cells by RNA electroporation.
- Selective small antigenic structures are capable of inducing widespread autoimmunity which closely mimics the humoral fine specificity of human SLE.
- Single Molecule Force Spectroscopy to Compare Natural versus Artificial Antibody-Antigen Interaction.
- Specificity and idiotypic analysis of a monoclonal anti-Sm antibody with anti-DNA activity.
- Specificity of cell-cell interactions in sea urchin embryos. Appearance of new cell-surface determinants at gastrulation.
- Standardization and validation issues of the ELISPOT assay.
- T cells as a self-referential, sensory organ.
- Temperature-sensitive SV40 immortalized rat proximal tubule cell line has functional renin-angiotensin system.
- The antigen for Hep Par 1 antibody is the urea cycle enzyme carbamoyl phosphate synthetase 1.
- The antigenic complex in HIT binds to B cells via complement and complement receptor 2 (CD21).
- The effect of dynamic mechanical compression on nitric oxide production in the meniscus.
- The effects of a 10% soybean oil emulsion on lymphocyte transformation.
- The human thymic microenvironment during organ culture.
- The immunogenicity of human HL-A haplotypesas measured by skin graft survival times and mixed leukocyte reactions.
- The influence of the lpr gene on B cell activation: differential antibody expression in lpr congenic mouse strains.
- The inhibition of anti-DNA binding to DNA by nucleic acid binding polymers.
- The relationship of complement consumption to immune fever.
- The requirement of reversible cysteine sulfenic acid formation for T cell activation and function.
- The role of IL-13 in the generation of dendritic cells in vitro.
- The stimulatory potency of T cell antigens is influenced by the formation of the immunological synapse.
- Tissue antigens of man and chimpanzees; their role in xenografting.
- Tolerance induced by apoptotic antigen-coupled leukocytes is induced by PD-L1+ and IL-10-producing splenic macrophages and maintained by T regulatory cells.
- Transplantation in miniature swine. III: effects of MSLA and A-O blood group matching on skin allograft survival.
- Two-Component Ferritin Nanoparticles for Multimerization of Diverse Trimeric Antigens.
- Type I IFN Receptor Signaling on B Cells Promotes Antibody Responses to Polysaccharide Antigens.
- Understanding thrombocytopenia and antigenicity with glycoprotein IIb-IIIa inhibitors.
- Uveitis and arthritis: experimental models and clinical correlates.
- Warfarin enantiomer disposition: determination by stereoselective radioimmunoassay.
- What Are the Primary Limitations in B-Cell Affinity Maturation, and How Much Affinity Maturation Can We Drive with Vaccination? Breaking through Immunity's Glass Ceiling.
- Zinc and immunocompetence in elderly people: effects of zinc supplementation for 3 months.
- [New evidence of the antigenic relation between the viruses of epidemic neuropathy and the human nervous system. A study of the immune cellular response in patients with epidemic neuropathy and controls. A review of the topic].
- alpha 2-Macroglobulin, complement, and biologic defense: antigens, growth factors, microbial proteases, and receptor ligation.
- beta-Arrestin: a protein that regulates beta-adrenergic receptor function.
- mRNAs coding for proteins of the cGMP cascade in the degenerative retina of the rd mouse.
- tPA-mediated generation of plasmin is catalyzed by the proteoglycan NG2.
Keywords of People
- Bowes Rickman, Catherine, George and Geneva Boguslavsky Distinguished Professor of Eye Research, Cell Biology
- Ginsburg, Geoffrey Steven, Adjunct Professor in the Department of Medicine, School of Nursing
- Kelsoe, Garnett H., James B. Duke Distinguished Professor of Immunology, Integrative Immunobiology
- Lee, Walter T, Professor of Head and Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences, Radiation Oncology
- Sampson, John Howard, Robert H., M.D. and Gloria Wilkins Professor of Neurosurgery, in the School of Medicine, Biomedical Engineering