Antineoplastic Agents, Phytogenic
Subject Areas on Research
- A Phase I study of escalating doses of the tyrosine kinase inhibitor semaxanib (SU5416) in combination with irinotecan in patients with advanced colorectal carcinoma.
- A change in the apparent diffusion coefficient after treatment with bevacizumab is associated with decreased survival in patients with recurrent glioblastoma multiforme.
- A genome-wide association study identifies novel loci for paclitaxel-induced sensory peripheral neuropathy in CALGB 40101.
- A novel bioresorbable polymer paclitaxel-eluting stent for the treatment of single and multivessel coronary disease: primary results of the COSTAR (Cobalt Chromium Stent With Antiproliferative for Restenosis) II study.
- A phase II evaluation of elesclomol sodium and weekly paclitaxel in the treatment of recurrent or persistent platinum-resistant ovarian, fallopian tube or primary peritoneal cancer: An NRG oncology/gynecologic oncology group study.
- A phase II study of docetaxel-irinotecan combination in advanced pancreatic cancer.
- A phase II trial of paclitaxel poliglumex in recurrent or persistent ovarian or primary peritoneal cancer (EOC): a Gynecologic Oncology Group Study.
- Activity of the herbal combination, PC-SPES, in the treatment of patients with androgen-independent prostate cancer.
- Addition of bevacizumab to irinotecan- and oxaliplatin-based preoperative chemotherapy regimens does not increase morbidity after resection of colorectal liver metastases.
- Aggressive multimodality treatment of invasive thymic carcinoma.
- An overview of naturally occurring histone deacetylase inhibitors.
- Anti-HIV Agents 45 and Antitumor Agents 205. Two New Sesquiterpenes, Leitneridanins A and B, and the Cytotoxic and Anti-HIV Principles from Leitneria floridana
- Anti-nociceptive roles of the glia-specific metabolic inhibitor fluorocitrate in paclitaxel-evoked neuropathic pain.
- Antitumor Agents, 138. Potenoids and Isoflavones as Cytotoxic Constituents of Amorpha fructicosa
- Antitumor Agents. 154. Cytotoxic and Antimitotic Flavonols from Polanisia dodecandra
- Antitumor activity of temozolomide combined with irinotecan is partly independent of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase and mismatch repair phenotypes in xenograft models.
- Antitumor agents, 135. Structure and stereochemistry of polacandrin, a new cytotoxic triterpene from Polanisia dodecandra.
- Antitumor agents, 79. Cytotoxic antileukemic alkaloids from Brucea antidysenterica.
- Antitumor agents. 190. Absolute stereochemistry of the cytotoxic germacranolides, tomenphantins A and B, from Elephantopus tomentosus.
- Apparent elastic modulus and hysteresis of skeletal muscle cells throughout differentiation.
- Auto-SCT for AML in second remission: CALGB study 9620.
- Avastin: more questions than answers. .
- Bitter melon reduces head and neck squamous cell carcinoma growth by targeting c-Met signaling.
- CYP1A1 genetic polymorphism is a promising predictor to improve chemotherapy effects in patients with metastatic breast cancer treated with docetaxel plus thiotepa vs. docetaxel plus capecitabine.
- Camptothecin analogs with enhanced activity against human breast cancer cells. I. Correlation of potency with lipophilicity and persistence in the cleavage complex.
- Camptothecin analogs with enhanced activity against human breast cancer cells. II. Impact of the tumor pH gradient.
- Camptothecin analogues with enhanced antitumor activity at acidic pH.
- Camptothecin and Fas receptor agonists synergistically induce medulloblastoma cell death: ROS-dependent mechanisms.
- Carbamate derivatives of colchicine show potent activity towards primary acute lymphoblastic leukemia and primary breast cancer cells-in vitro and ex vivo study.
- Cardiotoxicities of paclitaxel in African Americans.
- Cardiotoxicities of paclitaxel in African Americans.
- Chemoradiation impairs myofiber hypertrophic growth in a pediatric tumor model.
- Combination regimens and dose intensification in non-small cell lung cancer: a panel discussion (Part 1).
- Comparison of in vitro activities of camptothecin and nitidine derivatives against fungal and cancer cells.
- Complex response of breast epithelial cell lines to topoisomerase inhibitors.
- Constitutive and inducible Akt activity promotes resistance to chemotherapy, trastuzumab, or tamoxifen in breast cancer cells.
- Cytoprotective effects of hematopoietic growth factors on primary human acute myeloid leukemias are not mediated through changes in BCL-2, bax, or p21WAF1/CIP1.
- Designing a broad-spectrum integrative approach for cancer prevention and treatment.
- Development of a cell-based, high-throughput screening assay for ATM kinase inhibitors.
- Docetaxel enhances tumor radioresponse in vivo.
- Dose escalation of oral vinorelbine in combination with estramustine in hormone-refractory adenocarcinoma of the prostate.
- Dose-intense cyclophosphamide and etoposide for patients with refractory or high-risk non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Dual role of glutathione in modulating camptothecin activity: depletion potentiates activity, but conjugation enhances the stability of the topoisomerase I-DNA cleavage complex.
- Dynamic susceptibility contrast MRI measures of relative cerebral blood volume as a prognostic marker for overall survival in recurrent glioblastoma: results from the ACRIN 6677/RTOG 0625 multicenter trial.
- Economic impact of paclitaxel shortage in patients with newly diagnosed ovarian cancer.
- Effect of flaxseed supplementation on prostatic carcinoma in transgenic mice.
- Effect of perillic acid, a putative isoprenylation inhibitor, on the cultured rat lens.
- Effectiveness of etoposide chemomobilization in lymphoma patients undergoing auto-SCT.
- Effects of 10-hydroxycamptothecin, delivered from locally injectable poly(lactide-co-glycolide) microspheres, in a murine human oral squamous cell carcinoma regression model.
- Efficacy of topoisomerase I inhibitors, topotecan and irinotecan, administered at low dose levels in protracted schedules to mice bearing xenografts of human tumors.
- Enhanced method performance due to a shorter chromatographic run-time in a liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry assay for paclitaxel.
- Enhanced pancreatic cancer gene therapy by combination of adenoviral vector expressing c-erb-B2 (Her-2/neu)-targeted immunotoxin with a replication-competent adenovirus or etoposide.
- Enterohepatic recirculation model of irinotecan (CPT-11) and metabolite pharmacokinetics in patients with glioma.
- Evaluation of new anticancer agents against human pancreatic carcinomas in nude mice.
- Evolving revascularization approaches for myocardial ischemia.
- Experience with irinotecan for the treatment of malignant glioma.
- Expression and Role of Voltage-Gated Sodium Channels in Human Dorsal Root Ganglion Neurons with Special Focus on Nav1.7, Species Differences, and Regulation by Paclitaxel.
- Extending principles learned in model systems to clinical trials design.
- Flaxseed-derived enterolactone is inversely associated with tumor cell proliferation in men with localized prostate cancer.
- Folate-targeted nanoparticle delivery of chemo- and radiotherapeutics for the treatment of ovarian cancer peritoneal metastasis.
- Fractionated total-body irradiation, etoposide, and cyclophosphamide followed by allogeneic bone marrow transplantation for patients with high-risk or advanced-stage hematological malignancies.
- Further data supporting that paclitaxel-associated acute pain syndrome is associated with development of peripheral neuropathy: North Central Cancer Treatment Group trial N08C1.
- Gender Differences in Associations Between Intraprocedural Thrombotic Events During Percutaneous Coronary Intervention and Adverse Outcomes.
- Genetic Variants Associated With Vincristine-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy in Two Populations of Children With Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia.
- Glioblastoma in the elderly: the effect of aggressive and modern therapies on survival.
- Holding back the sea: the role for maintenance chemotherapy in metastatic breast cancer.
- Hormone refractory prostate cancer: Management and advances.
- How paclitaxel can improve results in diabetics.
- Hypertensive reactions associated with paclitaxel.
- Improved survival in stage III non-small-cell lung cancer: seven-year follow-up of cancer and leukemia group B (CALGB) 8433 trial.
- Incidence and clinical relevance of abnormal complete blood counts in long-term survivors of childhood cancer.
- Integration of cell line and clinical trial genome-wide analyses supports a polygenic architecture of Paclitaxel-induced sensory peripheral neuropathy.
- Interleukin-6, multidrug resistance protein-1 expression and response to paclitaxel in women with metastatic breast cancer: results of cancer and leukemia group B trial 159806.
- Intravascular ultrasound insights from the Cobalt Chromium Stent With Antiproliferative for Restenosis II (COSTAR II) trial comparing CoStar and Taxus paclitaxel-eluting stents.
- Irinotecan for malignant mesothelioma A phase II trial by the Cancer and Leukemia Group B.
- Irinotecan plus cisplatin in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Irinotecan therapy in adults with recurrent or progressive malignant glioma.
- Irinotecan: promising activity in the treatment of malignant glioma.
- Is a reduction in radiation lung volume and dose necessary with paclitaxel chemotherapy for node-positive breast cancer?
- Kasabach-merritt phenomenon: a retrospective study of treatment with vincristine.
- Kleinhospitine E and Cycloartane Triterpenoids from Kleinhovia hospita.
- Low-dose weekly paclitaxel for recurrent or refractory aggressive non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
- Macrophage IL-10 blocks CD8+ T cell-dependent responses to chemotherapy by suppressing IL-12 expression in intratumoral dendritic cells.
- Mechanisms associated with tumor vascular shut-down induced by combretastatin A-4 phosphate: intravital microscopy and measurement of vascular permeability.
- Milk thistle nomenclature: why it matters in cancer research and pharmacokinetic studies.
- Molecular biology of esophageal cancer.
- Nanoparticle delivery of an SN38 conjugate is more effective than irinotecan in a mouse model of neuroblastoma.
- Natural history of paclitaxel-associated acute pain syndrome: prospective cohort study NCCTG N08C1.
- Neoadjuvant docetaxel before radical prostatectomy in patients with high-risk localized prostate cancer.
- Neoadjuvant docetaxel followed by radical prostatectomy in patients with high-risk localized prostate cancer: a preliminary report.
- Nomogram for Predicting Individual Survival After Recurrence of Advanced-Stage, High-Grade Ovarian Carcinoma.
- Notch3 pathway alterations in ovarian cancer.
- Novel luciferase-based reporter system to monitor activation of ErbB2/Her2/neu pathway noninvasively during radiotherapy.
- Nuclear pore component Nup98 is a potential tumor suppressor and regulates posttranscriptional expression of select p53 target genes.
- Overcoming drug resistance in mantle cell lymphoma using a combination of dose-dense and intense therapy.
- Overexpression of basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF-2) downregulates Bcl-2 and promotes apoptosis in MCF-7 human breast cancer cells.
- P-glycoprotein mediated resistance to 5'-nor-anhydro-vinblastine (Navelbine).
- Paclitaxel by 96-hour continuous infusion in combination with cisplatin: a phase I trial in patients with advanced lung cancer.
- Paclitaxel for the treatment of progressive or recurrent childhood brain tumors: a pediatric oncology phase II study.
- Paclitaxel-based chemoradiotherapy in the treatment of patients with operable esophageal cancer.
- Paclitaxel-coated devices in the treatment of femoropopliteal stenosis among patients ≥65 years old: An ACC PVI Registry Analysis.
- Paclitaxel-induced neuropathic hypersensitivity in mice: responses in 10 inbred mouse strains.
- Paclitaxel/ifosfamide or navelbine/ifosfamide chemotherapy for advanced non-small cell lung cancer: CALGB 9532.
- Paliasanines A-E, 3,4-Methylenedioxyquinoline Alkaloids Fused with a Phenyl-14-oxabicyclo[3.2.1]octane Unit from Melochia umbellata var. deglabrata.
- Performance and quality of life outcomes for T4 laryngeal cancer patients treated with induction chemotherapy followed by chemoradiotherapy.
- Phase I evaluation of prolonged-infusion gemcitabine with irinotecan for relapsed or refractory leukemia or lymphoma.
- Phase II study of docetaxel in advanced soft tissue sarcomas.
- Phase II study of docetaxel in patients with pancreatic cancer previously untreated with cytotoxic chemotherapy.
- Phase II study of irinotecan (CPT-11) in children with high-risk malignant brain tumors: the Duke experience.
- Phase II trial of docetaxel (Taxotere) in metastatic colorectal carcinoma.
- Phase II trial of single-agent weekly docetaxel in hormone-refractory, symptomatic, metastatic carcinoma of the prostate.
- Phase II trial of temozolomide (TMZ) plus irinotecan (CPT-11) in adults with newly diagnosed glioblastoma multiforme before radiotherapy.
- Phase III trial of concurrent thoracic radiotherapy with either first- or third-cycle chemotherapy for limited-disease small-cell lung cancer.
- Phase III trial of nanoparticle albumin-bound paclitaxel compared with polyethylated castor oil-based paclitaxel in women with breast cancer.
- Plant antitumor agents. 31. The calycopterones, a new class of biflavonoids with novel cytotoxicity in a diverse panel of human tumor cell lines.
- Polygenic inheritance of paclitaxel-induced sensory peripheral neuropathy driven by axon outgrowth gene sets in CALGB 40101 (Alliance).
- Potentiation of paclitaxel cytotoxicity in lung and esophageal cancer cells by pharmacologic inhibition of the phosphoinositide 3-kinase/protein kinase B (Akt)-mediated signaling pathway.
- Pre-clinical evaluation of SN-38 and novel camptothecin analogs against human chronic B-cell lymphocytic leukemia lymphocytes.
- Preclinical evaluation of Genexol-PM, a nanoparticle formulation of paclitaxel, as a novel radiosensitizer for the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer.
- Preferential extravasation and accumulation of liposomal vincristine in tumor comparing to normal tissue enhances antitumor activity.
- Preoperative chemoradiation for patients with pancreatic cancer: toxicity of endobiliary stents.
- Preoperative paclitaxel and concurrent rapid-fractionation radiation for resectable pancreatic adenocarcinoma: toxicities, histologic response rates, and event-free outcome.
- Prevention of brefeldin A-induced resistance to teniposide by the proteasome inhibitor MG-132: involvement of NF-kappaB activation in drug resistance.
- Progression of disease despite good endoscopic local control of upper tract urothelial carcinoma.
- Prospective Multicentered Safety and Feasibility Pilot for Endobronchial Intratumoral Chemotherapy.
- Racial differences in clinical outcomes from metastatic breast cancer: a pooled analysis of CALGB 9342 and 9840--Cancer and Leukemia Group B.
- Randomized phase III study of exatecan and gemcitabine compared with gemcitabine alone in untreated advanced pancreatic cancer.
- Randomized phase III trial of docetaxel versus vinorelbine or ifosfamide in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer previously treated with platinum-containing chemotherapy regimens. The TAX 320 Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Study Group.
- Randomized trial of vinorelbine compared with fluorouracil plus leucovorin in patients with stage IV non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Rapid rise of serum prostate specific antigen levels after discontinuation of the herbal therapy PC-SPES in patients with advanced prostate carcinoma: report of four cases.
- Rationale for immunotoxin therapy of metastatic prostate carcinoma formatted as a multi-stage delivery system.
- Relapse of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura: is it a continuum of disease?
- Relation between Irofulven (MGI-114) systemic exposure and tumor response in human solid tumor xenografts.
- Response of recurrent medulloblastoma to low-dose oral etoposide.
- Reversal of physiological stress-induced resistance to topoisomerase II inhibitors using an inducible phosphorylation site-deficient mutant of I kappa B alpha.
- Role of YAP1 as a Marker of Sensitivity to Dual AKT and P70S6K Inhibition in Ovarian and Uterine Malignancies.
- SPOP Promotes Ubiquitination and Degradation of the ERG Oncoprotein to Suppress Prostate Cancer Progression.
- Safety and Effectiveness of Paclitaxel Drug-Coated Devices in Peripheral Artery Revascularization: Insights From VOYAGER PAD.
- Schedule-dependent activity of irinotecan plus BCNU against malignant glioma xenografts.
- Schedule-dependent activity of temozolomide plus CPT-11 against a human central nervous system tumor-derived xenograft.
- Secreted Frizzled-Related Protein 3 (SFRP3) Is Required for Tumorigenesis of PAX3-FOXO1-Positive Alveolar Rhabdomyosarcoma.
- Single-agent versus combination chemotherapy in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: the cancer and leukemia group B (study 9730).
- Stability-indicating LC assay of and impurity identification in homoharringtonine samples.
- Starting with the ABCs: Akt in breast cancer.
- Structure and stereochemistry of bryophyllin-A, a novel potent cytotoxic bufadienolide orthoacetate from Bryophyllum pinnatum.
- Successful clinical response to irinotecan in desmoplastic round blue cell tumor.
- Successful treatment using omacetaxine for a patient with CML and BCR-ABL1 [corrected] 35INS.
- Sulfo-SMCC Prevents Annealing of Taxol-Stabilized Microtubules In Vitro.
- Survival and Causes of Death Among Veterans With Lower Extremity Revascularization With Paclitaxel-Coated Devices: Insights From the Veterans Health Administration.
- Systematic mapping of BCL-2 gene dependencies in cancer reveals molecular determinants of BH3 mimetic sensitivity.
- Targeting CYP2J to reduce paclitaxel-induced peripheral neuropathic pain.
- Targeting methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase in the treatment of neuroblastoma.
- The Crystal Structure and Cytotoxicity of Goniodiol Monoacetate from Goniothalamus Amyon
- The emerging role of irinotecan (CPT-11) in the treatment of malignant glioma in brain tumors.
- The expression of HMGB1 on microparticles from Jurkat and HL-60 cells undergoing apoptosis in vitro.
- The extracellular release of HMGB1 during apoptotic cell death.
- The impact of tumor physiology on camptothecin-based drug development.
- The properties of microparticles from RAW 264.7 macrophage cells undergoing in vitro activation or apoptosis.
- Therapeutic activity of 7-[(2-trimethylsilyl)ethyl)]-20 (S)-camptothecin against central nervous system tumor-derived xenografts in athymic mice.
- Therapeutic efficacy of the topoisomerase I inhibitor 7-ethyl-10-(4-[1-piperidino]-1-piperidino)-carbonyloxy-camptothecin against pediatric and adult central nervous system tumor xenografts.
- Therapeutic efficacy of vinorelbine against pediatric and adult central nervous system tumors.
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura that is refractory to therapeutic plasma exchange in two patients with occult infection.
- Thymic model for examining BRCA2 expression and function.
- Total syntheses of (-)-haemanthidine, (+)-pretazettine, and (+)-tazettine.
- Treatment of central nervous system xenografts with camptothecins.
- Two studies evaluating irinotecan treatment for recurrent malignant glioma using an every-3-week regimen.
- Ultrasound guided pO2 measurement of breast cancer reoxygenation after neoadjuvant chemotherapy and hyperthermia treatment.
- Update in the management of patients with hormone-refractory prostate cancer.
- Update: vinorelbine (navelbine) in non-small cell lung cancer.
- Vincristine-induced neuropathy as the initial presentation of charcot-marie-tooth disease in acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a Pediatric Oncology Group study.
- Vinorelbine tartrate (Navelbine): drug profile and nursing implications of a new vinca alkaloid.
- Weekly docetaxel in elderly patients with prostate cancer: efficacy and toxicity in patients at least 70 years of age compared with patients younger than 70 years.
- Weekly, high-dose paclitaxel in advanced lung carcinoma: a phase II study with pharmacokinetics by the Cancer and Leukemia Group B.
- X-ray crystal structure of acrovestone, a cytotoxic principle from Acronychia pedunculata.
- Yin yang 1 modulates taxane response in epithelial ovarian cancer.
- [Bevacizumab/irinotecan. An active treatment for recurrent high grade gliomas: preliminary results of an ANOCEF Multicenter Study].
- cis-parthenolid-9-one from Anvillea garcinii.
Keywords of People
- Berchuck, Andrew, James M. Ingram Distinguished Professor of Gynecologic Oncology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology
- McLendon, Roger Edwin, Professor of Pathology, Pathology
- Sampson, John Howard, Robert H., M.D. and Gloria Wilkins Professor of Neurosurgery, in the School of Medicine, Biomedical Engineering