Subject Areas on Research
- Accentuated vagal antagonism of beta-adrenergic effects on ventricular repolarization. Evidence of weaker antagonism in hostile type A men.
- Activation of the parasympathetic nervous system is necessary for normal meal-induced insulin secretion in rhesus macaques.
- Activation state of the M3 muscarinic acetylcholine receptor modulates mammalian odorant receptor signaling.
- Acute loss of fusional convergence following head trauma.
- Ameliorating the developmental neurotoxicity of chlorpyrifos: a mechanisms-based approach in PC12 cells.
- An evidence-based update on myopia and interventions to retard its progression.
- An interaction between tremorine and various autonomic agents on cardiac norepinephrine in the rat.
- Analysis of responses to substance P in the pulmonary vascular bed of the cat.
- Anesthetic management of an AAI pacemaker patient with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation during colorectal surgery.
- Anticholinergic effects in frogs in a Morris water maze analog.
- Atropine enhances food-stimulated CCK secretion in the rat.
- CCK-releasing activity of rat intestinal secretion: effect of atropine and comparison with monitor peptide.
- Characterization of in vivo acid secretory responses of rabbit with comparison to dog and rat.
- Cholinergic mechanisms involved with histamine hyperreactivity in immune rabbit airways challenged with ragweed antigen.
- Cholinergic stimulation of phosphatidic acid formation by rat cornea in vitro.
- Correlation of agonist-induced phosphorylation of chick heart muscarinic receptors with receptor desensitization.
- Demonstration of a depressor reflex in acute cardiac tamponade.
- Effect of increased intracranial pressure on gastric acid secretion.
- Effect of substance P on neurally mediated contraction of rabbit airway smooth muscle.
- Effects of chronic chlorisondamine administration on the sympatho-adrenal axis.
- Effects of diisopropyl phosphorofluoridate (DFP) on CA3 and CA1 responses in rat hippocampus.
- Effects of neurochemicals upon a dinoflagellate photoresponse.
- Effects of physostigmine on rat brain acetylcholine, acetylcholinesterase and conditioned pole jumping.
- Electroacupuncture at ST-36 accelerates colonic motility and transit in freely moving conscious rats.
- Exercise-induced functional desensitization of canine cardiac beta-adrenergic receptors.
- Extracellular Ca2+ mobilization in potential-dependent contraction of trachealis of maturing swine.
- Flaws in the serum anticholinergic activity assay: implications for the study of delirium.
- Gastric distension is a physiologic satiety signal in the dog.
- Hemodynamic impact of dexmedetomidine administration in 15,656 noncardiac surgical cases.
- Identification of muscarinic acetylcholine receptors in isolated canine lingual epithelia via voltage clamp measurements.
- Influence of splanchnic intravascular volume changes on cardiac output during muscarinic receptor stimulation in the anaesthetized dog.
- Lack of cholinergic control in feedback regulation of pancreatic secretion in the rat.
- Maturation of acetylcholinesterase expression in tracheal smooth muscle contraction.
- Mechanism of substance P-induced bronchoconstriction in maturing rabbit.
- Mechanisms of substance P-induced contraction of rabbit airway smooth muscle.
- Muscarinic cholinergic regulation of epileptic spiking in kindling.
- Muscarinic inhibition of substance P induced ion secretion in piglet jejunum.
- Muscarinic stimulation and antagonism and glucoregulation in nondiabetic and obese hyperglycemic mice.
- Neurokinin receptors mediating substance P-induced contraction in adult rabbit airways.
- Neurokinin subtype receptors mediating substance P contraction in immature rabbit airways.
- Nicotinic cholinergic receptors labeled by [3H]acetylcholine in rat brain.
- Nitric oxide and cyclic GMP formation upon electrical field stimulation cause relaxation of corpus cavernosum smooth muscle.
- PAF-induced contraction of canine trachea mediated by 5-hydroxytryptamine in vivo.
- Paroxysmal hypotension associated with sympathetic withdrawal. A new disorder of autonomic vasomotor regulation.
- Peripherally administered CRF stimulates colonic motility via central CRF receptors and vagal pathways in conscious rats.
- Presynaptic and postsynaptic contributions to ontogeny of sympathetic control of heart rate in the pre-weanling rat.
- Prevention of bedrest-induced physical deconditioning by daily dobutamine infusions. Implications for drug-induced physical conditioning.
- Receptor crosstalk: effects of prolonged carbachol exposure on beta 1-adrenoceptors and adenylyl cyclase activity in neonatal rat ventricular myocytes.
- Role of cholinergic mechanisms in states of wakefulness and sleep.
- Stimulation of gastric secretion and enhanced gastric mucosal damage following central administration of pancreatic polypeptide (PP) in rats.
- Symposium on atropine toxicity therapy; experience of use in private practice.
- The acute toxicity of drugs acting at cholinoceptive sites and twenty-four hour rhythms in brain acetylcholine.
- The effect of chlorothiazide on neurally mediated contraction of rabbit bronchial smooth muscle.
- The end-systolic pressure-volume relationship in conscious dogs.
- Trends Over Time in Drug Administration During Adult In-Hospital Cardiac Arrest.
- Vasoactive effects of substance P on isolated rabbit pulmonary artery.