Subject Areas on Research
- Comparison of Isolator 1.5 and BACTEC NR660 aerobic 6A blood culture systems for detection of fungemia in children.
- Effect of human serum on inhibition of growth of Staphylococcus aureus by antimicrobial agents.
- Reduced susceptibility of Staphylococcus aureus to vancomycin and platelet microbicidal protein correlates with defective autolysis and loss of accessory gene regulator (agr) function.
- Reduction of invasive bacteria in ethanol fermentations using bacteriophages.
- Robust, linear correlations between growth rates and β-lactam-mediated lysis rates.
- Spontaneous bacterial cell lysis and biofilm formation in the colon of the Cape Dune mole-rat and the laboratory rabbit.
- The stepwise assembly of the neonatal virome is modulated by breastfeeding.