Subject Areas on Research
- Bartonella clarridgeiae, a newly recognized zoonotic pathogen causing inoculation papules, fever, and lymphadenopathy (cat scratch disease).
- Bartonella sp. bacteremia in patients with neurological and neurocognitive dysfunction.
- Bartonella species in blood of immunocompetent persons with animal and arthropod contact.
- Bartonella vinsonii subsp. berkhoffii subsp. nov., isolated from dogs; Bartonella vinsonii subsp. vinsonii; and emended description of Bartonella vinsonii.
- Detection of Bartonella species in the blood of veterinarians and veterinary technicians: a newly recognized occupational hazard?
- Endocarditis in a dog due to infection with a novel Bartonella subspecies.
- Hallucinations, sensory neuropathy, and peripheral visual deficits in a young woman infected with Bartonella koehlerae.
- Prolonged Bartonella bacteremia in cats associated with cat-scratch disease patients.
- Spontaneous onset of complex regional pain syndrome Type I in a woman infected with Bartonella koehlerae.
- Suspected needle stick transmission of Bartonella vinsonii subspecies berkhoffii to a veterinarian.