Subject Areas on Research
- A Cephalosporin Prochelator Inhibits New Delhi Metallo-β-lactamase 1 without Removing Zinc.
- Adapting the nudged elastic band method for determining minimum-energy paths of chemical reactions in enzymes.
- Antimicrobial susceptibility pattern of Shigella spp. isolated from children under 5 years of age attending tertiary care hospitals, Nepal along with first finding of ESBL-production.
- Applying ecological resistance and resilience to dissect bacterial antibiotic responses.
- Autochthonous ST405 NDM-5 producing Escherichia coli causing fatal sepsis in Northern Italy.
- Bacterial temporal dynamics enable optimal design of antibiotic treatment.
- Bayesian segmentation of protein secondary structure.
- Benzimidazole and Benzoxazole Zinc Chelators as Inhibitors of Metallo-β-Lactamase NDM-1.
- Can Ceftazidime-Avibactam and Aztreonam Overcome β-Lactam Resistance Conferred by Metallo-β-Lactamases in Enterobacteriaceae?
- Carbapenemase-Encoding Gene Copy Number Estimator (CCNE): a Tool for Carbapenemase Gene Copy Number Estimation.
- Colistin Resistance in Carbapenem-Resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae: Laboratory Detection and Impact on Mortality.
- Colonization With Levofloxacin-resistant Extended-spectrum β-Lactamase-producing Enterobacteriaceae and Risk of Bacteremia in Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant Recipients.
- Copper Influences the Antibacterial Outcomes of a β-Lactamase-Activated Prochelator against Drug-Resistant Bacteria.
- Determining the optimal dosing of a novel combination regimen of ceftazidime/avibactam with aztreonam against NDM-1-producing Enterobacteriaceae using a hollow-fibre infection model.
- Directed evolution of recombinase specificity by split gene reassembly.
- Emergence of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Escherichia coli in community hospitals throughout North Carolina: a harbinger of a wider problem in the United States?
- Examining the behavior of crop-derived antibiotic resistance genes in anaerobic sludge batch reactors under thermophilic conditions.
- Expression of exogenous protein in the egg white of transgenic chickens.
- Extracellular secretion of pectate lyase by the Erwinia chrysanthemi out pathway is dependent upon Sec-mediated export across the inner membrane.
- Fatal respiratory infection due to ST308 VIM-1-producing Pseudomonas aeruginosa in a lung transplant recipient: case report and review of the literature.
- Genomic Analysis of Multidrug-Resistant Escherichia coli from North Carolina Community Hospitals: Ongoing Circulation of CTX-M-Producing ST131-H30Rx and ST131-H30R1 Strains.
- High susceptibility of MDR and XDR Gram-negative pathogens to biphenyl-diacetylene-based difluoromethyl-allo-threonyl-hydroxamate LpxC inhibitors.
- Increasing Incidence of Extended-Spectrum β-Lactamase-Producing Escherichia coli in Community Hospitals throughout the Southeastern United States.
- Informing Antibiotic Treatment Decisions: Evaluating Rapid Molecular Diagnostics To Identify Susceptibility and Resistance to Carbapenems against Acinetobacter spp. in PRIMERS III.
- Inoculum effect with cefazolin among clinical isolates of methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus: frequency and possible cause of cefazolin treatment failure.
- Isolation of Enterobacter aerogenes susceptible to beta-lactam antibiotics despite high level beta-lactamase production.
- Living fabrication of functional semi-interpenetrating polymeric materials.
- Multicountry Distribution and Characterization of Extended-spectrum β-Lactamase-associated Gram-negative Bacteria From Bloodstream Infections in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Outcomes of transplantation using organs from a donor infected with Klebsiella pneumoniae carbapenemase (KPC)-producing K. pneumoniae.
- Pharmacoepidemiology of Ceftazidime-Avibactam Use: A Retrospective Cohort Analysis of 210 US Hospitals.
- Prevalence of Candida auris in Canadian acute care hospitals among at-risk patients, 2018.
- Safety of Ceftazidime-Avibactam in Combination with Aztreonam (COMBINE) in a Phase I, Open-Label Study in Healthy Adult Volunteers.
- Safety, tolerability, and efficacy of GSK1322322 in the treatment of acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections.
- The Tn3 beta-lactamase gene acts as a hotspot for meiotic recombination in yeast.
- Update on resistance of Bacteroides fragilis group and related species with special attention to carbapenems 2006-2009.
- Utility of a clinical risk factor scoring model in predicting infection with extended-spectrum β-lactamase-producing enterobacteriaceae on hospital admission.
- Widespread dissemination of CTX-M-15 genotype extended-spectrum-β-lactamase-producing enterobacteriaceae among patients presenting to community hospitals in the southeastern United States.