Subject Areas on Research
- A brief review. Poststreptococcal glomerulonephritis.
- A comparsion of polyurethane and silastic artificial hearts in 10 long survival experiments in calves.
- A desensitized state of the beta adrenergic receptor not associated with high-affinity agonist occupancy.
- A multimarker multi-time point-based risk stratification strategy in acute heart failure: results from the RELAX-AHF trial.
- A new 440-kD isoform is the major ankyrin in neonatal rat brain.
- A δ Homolog for Dementia Case Finding with Replication in the Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative.
- Absence of phosphatidylinositol (PI)-linked proteins in a very early human multipotential haematopoietic marrow cell.
- Adducin: a physical model with implications for function in assembly of spectrin-actin complexes.
- Alterations in natural anticoagulant levels during allogeneic bone marrow transplantation: a prospective study in 27 patients.
- Altered carbohydrate, lipid, and xenobiotic metabolism by liver from rats flown on Cosmos 1887.
- An inherited abnormality of neutrophil adhesion. Its genetic transmission and its association with a missing protein.
- An interferon signature in the peripheral blood of dermatomyositis patients is associated with disease activity.
- An isoform of ankyrin is localized at nodes of Ranvier in myelinated axons of central and peripheral nerves.
- Analyses of plasma for metabolic and hormonal changes in rats flown aboard COSMOS 2044.
- Analysis of cDNA for human erythrocyte ankyrin indicates a repeated structure with homology to tissue-differentiation and cell-cycle control proteins.
- Analysis of human serum proteins by liquid phase isoelectric focusing and matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization-mass spectrometry.
- Ankyrin and spectrin associate with voltage-dependent sodium channels in brain.
- Ankyrin regulation: an alternatively spliced segment of the regulatory domain functions as an intramolecular modulator.
- Ankyrin-independent membrane protein-binding sites for brain and erythrocyte spectrin.
- Ankyrins. Adaptors between diverse plasma membrane proteins and the cytoplasm.
- Are existing and emerging biomarkers associated with cardiorespiratory fitness in patients with chronic heart failure?
- Assay for free and total carnitine in human plasma using tandem mass spectrometry.
- Association between ankyrin and the cytoplasmic domain of band 3 isolated from the human erythrocyte membrane.
- Beta-Adrenergic receptors: solubilization of (-)(3H)alprenolol binding sites from frog erythrocyte membranes.
- Binding of G protein beta gamma-subunits to pleckstrin homology domains.
- Blood group antigens on complement receptor/regulatory proteins.
- Blood-induced arterial segmental spasm.
- Blood-sample processing for the study of age-dependent gene expression in peripheral blood mononuclear cells.
- Borg proteins control septin organization and are negatively regulated by Cdc42.
- Brain adducin: a protein kinase C substrate that may mediate site-directed assembly at the spectrin-actin junction.
- Carrier detection in Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
- Characterization of precipitating antibodies to ruminant serum and milk proteins in humans with selective IgA deficiency.
- Characterization of serum proteins associated with IL28B genotype among patients with chronic hepatitis C.
- Characterization of the serum In(Lu)-related antigen: identification of a serum protein related to erythrocyte p80.
- Chondroitin 4-sulfate covalently cross-links the chains of the human blood protein pre-alpha-inhibitor.
- Clinical utility of erythrocyte sedimentation rate and plasma protein analysis in the elderly.
- Cloning and characterization of SLP3: a novel member of the stomatin family expressed by olfactory receptor neurons.
- Cloning, sequencing, and recombinant expression of the porcine inhibitor of carbonic anhydrase: a novel member of the transferrin family.
- Coagulation and fibrinolytic protein kinetics in cardiopulmonary bypass.
- Common Genetic Polymorphisms Influence Blood Biomarker Measurements in COPD.
- Comparative analyses of mechanistic differences among antiestrogens.
- Comparison of surgical and endoscopic sample collection for pancreatic cyst fluid biomarker identification.
- Connecting genetic risk to disease end points through the human blood plasma proteome.
- Decision tree classification of proteins identified by mass spectrometry of blood serum samples from people with and without lung cancer.
- Deletion of CFHR3 and CFHR1 genes in age-related macular degeneration.
- Demonstration of a relation between urinary digoxin-like immunoreactive substance and cardiac performance.
- Diagnostic protein discovery using liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry for proteolytic peptide targeting.
- Diagnostic protein discovery using proteolytic peptide targeting and identification.
- Differences in the absorption, metabolism and biliary excretion of a diastereomeric pair of alphavbeta3-antagonists in rat: limited role of P-glycoprotein.
- Differentiation of a catecholaminergic CNS cell line modifies tyrosine hydroxylase transcriptional regulation.
- Digoxin-like immunoreactivity.
- Direct tandem mass spectrometry reveals limitations in protein profiling experiments for plasma biomarker discovery.
- Discovery and fine mapping of serum protein loci through transethnic meta-analysis.
- Discovery of proteins related to coronary artery disease using industrial-scale proteomics analysis of pooled plasma.
- Distinct ankyrin isoforms at neuron cell bodies and nodes of Ranvier resolved using erythrocyte ankyrin-deficient mice.
- Diversity in membrane binding sites of ankyrins. Brain ankyrin, erythrocyte ankyrin, and processed erythrocyte ankyrin associate with distinct sites in kidney microsomes.
- Diversity of ankyrins in the brain.
- Early biomarkers of stroke.
- Early role of vascular dysregulation on late-onset Alzheimer's disease based on multifactorial data-driven analysis.
- Effect of actinomycin D on serum betalipoproteins of partially hepatectomized dogs. I. Proteins, lipids, triglycerides and cholesterol.
- Effect of cellular expression of pleckstrin homology domains on Gi-coupled receptor signaling.
- Effect of cyclic nucleotides on the induction of ornithine decarboxylase in BHK cells by serum and insulin.
- Effect of feeding plant proteins on plasma, liver, heart, aorta and brain lipids of rats.
- Effects of ZD6169, a K ATP channel opener, on neurally-mediated plasma extravasation in the rat urinary bladder induced by chemical or electrical stimulation of nerves.
- Effects of anthropogenic disturbance on indri (Indri indri) health in Madagascar.
- Effects of feeding Fusarium moniliforme culture material, containing known levels of fumonisin B1, on the young broiler chick.
- Effects of microbiota-directed foods in gnotobiotic animals and undernourished children.
- Electrical stimulation alters protein adsorption and nerve cell interactions with electrically conducting biomaterials.
- Electrophoretic evaluation of sera from dogs with cancer.
- Enhancement of experimental anaerobic infections by blood, hemoglobin, and hemostatic agents.
- Erythrocyte blood group antigens: polymorphisms of functionally important molecules.
- Evaluation of serum immunoglobulins by protein electrophoresis and rate nephelometry before and after therapeutic plasma exchange.
- Evaluation of zone electrophoresis of serum proteins performed on the Helena Laboratories rapid electrophoresis analyser.
- Expression of three forms of melanoma growth stimulating activity (MGSA)/gro in human retinal pigment epithelial cells.
- Extravascular plasminogen activator and inhibitor activities detected at the site of a chronic mycobacterial-induced inflammation.
- FGF23: fashion or physiology?
- Fine structure mapping of CIAS1: identification of an ancestral haplotype and a common FCAS mutation, L353P.
- Fluorescence photobleaching with spatial Fourier analysis: measurement of diffusion in light-scattering media.
- Further studies on platelet serotonin transporter binding in depression.
- G beta gamma interactions with PH domains and Ras-MAPK signaling pathways.
- G protein-coupled receptors and receptor kinases: from molecular biology to potential therapeutic applications.
- G-protein-coupled receptors and their regulation: activation of the MAP kinase signaling pathway by G-protein-coupled receptors.
- GW112, a novel antiapoptotic protein that promotes tumor growth.
- Galectin-3 as a Therapeutic Target for NSAID-Induced Intestinal Ulcers.
- Genomic structure of the gene for the SH2 and pleckstrin homology domain-containing protein GRB10 and evaluation of its role in Hirschsprung disease.
- Hereditary spherocytosis associated with deletion of human erythrocyte ankyrin gene on chromosome 8.
- High predictive accuracy of an unbiased proteomic profile for sustained virologic response in chronic hepatitis C patients.
- Higher clearance of micafungin in neonates compared with adults: role of age-dependent micafungin serum binding.
- Human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 Tax activates cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p21/Waf1/Cip1 expression through a p53-independent mechanism: Inhibition of cdk2.
- Human erythrocyte spectrin: phosphorylation in intact cells and purification of the 32P-labeled protein in a non-aggregated state.
- Identification and validation of a potential lung cancer serum biomarker detected by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization-time of flight spectra analysis.
- Identification of pre-infection markers and differential plasma protein expression following SARS-CoV-2 infection in people living with HIV.
- Identification of the ral and rac1 gene products, low molecular mass GTP-binding proteins from human platelets.
- Immunoblot analyses of Candida albicans-associated antigens and antibodies in human sera.
- Immunoreactive substance P in human saliva. A possible marker of chronic pain.
- Improved Detection of Invasive Pulmonary Aspergillosis Arising during Leukemia Treatment Using a Panel of Host Response Proteins and Fungal Antigens.
- In vitro preparation of nonenzymatically glucosylated human transferrin, alpha 2-macroglobulin, and fibrinogen with preservation of function.
- In vitro proteolysis of brain spectrin by calpain I inhibits association of spectrin with ankyrin-independent membrane binding site(s).
- In vitro resistance to thrombin-induced platelet microbicidal protein among clinical bacteremic isolates of Staphylococcus aureus correlates with an endovascular infectious source.
- In vitro resistance to thrombin-induced platelet microbicidal protein in isolates of Staphylococcus aureus from endocarditis patients correlates with an intravascular device source.
- In vivo catabolism of alpha 1-antichymotrypsin is mediated by the Serpin receptor which binds alpha 1-proteinase inhibitor, antithrombin III and heparin cofactor II.
- In vivo metabolism of inter-alpha-trypsin inhibitor and its proteinase complexes: evidence for proteinase transfer to alpha 2-macroglobulin and alpha 1-proteinase inhibitor.
- Interaction of gold nanoparticles with common human blood proteins.
- Irrational exuberance in clinical proteomics.
- Isolation and biochemical characterization of LEAP-2, a novel blood peptide expressed in the liver.
- Isolation and characterization of cDNAs encoding human brain ankyrins reveal a family of alternatively spliced genes.
- Isoproterenol inhibits the increase in microvascular membrane permeability produced by bradykinin.
- Leprosy in a mangabey monkey--naturally acquired infection.
- Low-Avidity Autoantibodies against Bactericidal/Permeability-Increasing Protein Occur in Gram-Negative and Gram-Positive Bacteremia.
- Mac-1 inhibitor affects certain hemostatic parameters during myocardial stunning in swine.
- Mapping the ankyrin-binding site of the human erythrocyte anion exchanger.
- Mapping the binding sites of human erythrocyte ankyrin for the anion exchanger and spectrin.
- Mapping the domain structure of human erythrocyte adducin.
- Mapping the proteo-genomic convergence of human diseases.
- Meta-analysis of genome-wide association studies in East Asian-ancestry populations identifies four new loci for body mass index.
- Mitosis is required for production of murine leukemia virus and structural proteins during de novo infection.
- Molecular basis of reduced or absent expression of decay-accelerating factor in Cromer blood group phenotypes.
- Multimarker Risk Stratification in Patients With Acute Myocardial Infarction.
- Mutational analysis of the pleckstrin homology domain of the beta-adrenergic receptor kinase. Differential effects on G beta gamma and phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate binding.
- Mutations in the pleckstrin homology domain of dynamin 2 cause dominant intermediate Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease.
- Nitrogen-sparing intravenous fluids in postperative patients.
- Nutritional parameters affecting erythrocyte polyamine levels in cancer patients.
- Obestatin and adropin in Prader-Willi syndrome and nonsyndromic obesity: Associations with weight, BMI-z, and HOMA-IR.
- Optimized lymphocyte protein extraction performed simultaneously with DNA and RNA isolation: application to the study of factors affecting DNA, RNA, and protein recovery from lymphocytes of the oldest individuals.
- Oxidatively modified proteins as plasma biomarkers in breast cancer.
- PAS-C platelets contain less plasma protein, lower anti-A and anti-B titers, and decreased HLA antibody specificities compared to plasma platelets.
- Pattern of serum protein gene expression in mouse visceral yolk sac and foetal liver.
- Performance of the serum cobalamin assay for diagnosis of cobalamin deficiency.
- Pharmacokinetics of pentobarbital enantiomers as determined by enantioselective radioimmunoassay after administration of racemate to humans and rabbits.
- Phencyclidine disposition after intravenous and oral doses.
- Plasma protein profiling for diagnosis of pancreatic cancer reveals the presence of host response proteins.
- Plasma proteins as indices of response to nutritional therapy in cancer patients.
- Plasma proteomics of patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation on chronic anti-coagulation with warfarin or a direct factor Xa inhibitor.
- Pleckstrin homology domain-mediated membrane association and activation of the beta-adrenergic receptor kinase requires coordinate interaction with G beta gamma subunits and lipid.
- Possible protein binding displacement interaction between glibenclamide and metolazone.
- Practical considerations in the nutritional management of the cancer patient.
- Presence of the protein-glycosaminoglycan-protein covalent cross-link in the inter-alpha-inhibitor-related proteinase inhibitor heavy chain 2/bikunin.
- Primary structure and domain organization of human alpha and beta adducin.
- Proteomic analysis of human bronchoalveolar lavage fluid after subsgemental exposure.
- Prothrombin and beta 2-glycoprotein I frequently contribute to antiphospholipid antibody interactions with phospholipids and the generation of abnormal waveform profiles in coagulation assays.
- Purification of brain analogs of red blood cell membrane skeletal proteins: ankyrin, protein 4.1 (synapsin), spectrin, and spectrin subunits.
- Purification of glycopeptides of human plasma proteins by high-performance liquid chromatography.
- Purkinje cell degeneration associated with erythroid ankyrin deficiency in nb/nb mice.
- Quantitative determination of total lipids in serum.
- Radiolabelling of glucose-Tyr3-octreotate with 125I and analysis of its metabolism in rats: comparison with radiolabelled DOTA-Tyr3-octreotate.
- Rapid degradation of puromycyl peptides in hepatoma cells and reticulocytes.
- Reduced susceptibility of Staphylococcus aureus to vancomycin and platelet microbicidal protein correlates with defective autolysis and loss of accessory gene regulator (agr) function.
- Regulation of CDC42 GTPase by proline-rich tyrosine kinase 2 interacting with PSGAP, a novel pleckstrin homology and Src homology 3 domain containing rhoGAP protein.
- Regulation of adenylate cyclase coupled beta-adrenergic receptors.
- Regulation of beta-adrenergic receptors by guanyl-5'-yl imidodiphosphate and other purine nucleotides.
- Relationship of prospective GHb to glycated serum proteins in incident diabetic retinopathy: implications of the glycation gap for mechanism of risk prediction.
- Relationships between CD4 independence, neutralization sensitivity, and exposure of a CD4-induced epitope in a human immunodeficiency virus type 1 envelope protein.
- Release of tissue plasminogen activator and its fast-acting inhibitor in defective fibrinolysis.
- Renal systems biology of patients with systemic inflammatory response syndrome.
- Requirement of S-adenosyl-L-methionine-mediated methylation for human monocyte chemotaxis.
- Response to warfarin in hypothyroid rats.
- Scanning Quadrupole Data-Independent Acquisition, Part A: Qualitative and Quantitative Characterization.
- Selective association of spectrin with the cytoplasmic surface of human erythrocyte plasma membranes. Quantitative determination with purified (32P)spectrin.
- Selectivity and stereospecificity of the reactions of dichlorodiammineplatinum(II) with three purified plasma proteins.
- Serum biomarker panels for the detection of pancreatic cancer.
- Serum enzyme alterations in hypothyroidism before and after treatment.
- Six-month survival of a calf with an artificial heart.
- Specific 33-residue repeat(s) of erythrocyte ankyrin associate with the anion exchanger.
- Statistical hemodynamics: a tool for evaluating the effect of fluid dynamic forces on vascular biology in vivo.
- Steady-state serum levels of quinidine and active metabolites in cardiac patients with varying degrees of renal function.
- Stress and parental care in a wild Teleost fish: insights from exogenous supraphysiological cortisol implants.
- Study of diffusion in erythrocyte suspension using internal magnetic field inhomogeneity.
- Synapsin I is a spectrin-binding protein immunologically related to erythrocyte protein 4.1.
- Templated mineralization of synthetic hydrogels for bone-like composite materials: role of matrix hydrophobicity.
- The anion exchanger and Na+K(+)-ATPase interact with distinct sites on ankyrin in in vitro assays.
- The effect of pathogen inactivation on cryoprecipitate: a functional and quantitative evaluation.
- The effect of phosphatidylserine on the inhibition of human factor Xa by the plasma proteinase inhibitors.
- The importance of factor Xa regulatory pathways in vascular thromboresistance: focus on protein Z.
- The junctional complex of the membrane skeleton.
- The kinetics of immunoglobulin synthesis by pokeweed mitogen stimulated peripheral blood lymphocytes in multiple myeloma.
- The macrophage-mediated regulation of hepatocyte synthesis of antithrombin III and alpha 1-proteinase inhibitor.
- The membrane skeleton of human erythrocytes and its implications for more complex cells.
- The molecular basis for membrane - cytoskeleton association in human erythrocytes.
- The perfusion of isolated whole organs.
- The preparation and properties of an antiserum for the radioimmunoassay of serum conjugated cholic acid.
- The protein binding of timegadine determined by equilibrium dialysis.
- The relationship between ionized and total serum magnesium concentrations during abdominal surgery.
- The spectrin skeleton: from red cells to brain.
- The spectrin-actin junction of erythrocyte membrane skeletons.
- TiO2 Nanoparticle-Induced Oxidation of the Plasma Membrane: Importance of the Protein Corona.
- Transcriptional profiling of Alzheimer blood mononuclear cells by microarray.
- Transcriptional profiling of whole blood and serum protein analysis of mice exposed to the neurotoxin Pacific Ciguatoxin-1.
- Treatment of steroid-refractory acute graft-versus-host disease with anti-CD147 monoclonal antibody ABX-CBL.
- Tumour suppressor genes and angiogenesis: the role of TP53 in fibroblasts.
- Ultrastructural localization of erythrocyte cytoskeletal and integral membrane proteins in Plasmodium falciparum-infected erythrocytes.
- Urinary digoxin-like immunoreactive substance in pregnancy. Relation to urinary electrolytes.
- Use of gel filtration to examine the distribution of calcium among serum proteins.
- Utility of discovery approach using proteomics to create a biomarker profile for coronary microvascular dysfunction.
- Vasodilatory state of decompensated cirrhosis: relation to hepatic dysfunction, ascites, and vasoactive substances.
- What is blood and what is not? Caring for the Jehovah's Witness patient undergoing cardiac surgery.
- [Enzyme activity and hyperaminoacidemia arising in a case of essential hypoproteinemia].
- [Hypoproteinemia and enzyme activity].
- fastJT: An R package for robust and efficient feature selection for machine learning and genome-wide association studies.
- α-Hemoglobin stabilizing protein (AHSP) markedly decreases the redox potential and reactivity of α-subunits of human HbA with hydrogen peroxide.
Keywords of People
- Bennett, Vann, George Barth Geller Distinguished Professor of Molecular Biology, Duke Cancer Institute
- Hoffman, Maureane, Professor of Pathology, Integrative Immunobiology
- Laskowitz, Daniel Todd, Professor of Neurology, Duke Science & Society
- O'Connor, Christopher Michael, Adjunct Professor in the Department of Medicine, Medicine, Clinical Pharmacology
- Patz Jr., Edward F., James and Alice Chen Distinguished Professor of Radiology, Pathology