Subject Areas on Research
- A biomechanical comparison of intramedullary nail and crossed lag screw fixation for tibiotalocalcaneal arthrodesis.
- A comparison of union rates and complications between single screw and double screw fixation of sliding calcaneal osteotomy.
- A new option for intramedullary fixation of Jones fractures: the Charlotte Carolina Jones Fracture System.
- A simple technique for insertion of distal screws into interlocking nails.
- Accuracy of computerized frameless stereotactic image-guided pedicle screw placement into previously fused lumbar spines.
- Accuracy of thoracic vertebral body screw placement using standard fluoroscopy, fluoroscopic image guidance, and computed tomographic image guidance: a cadaver study.
- Adjustable-Loop Femoral Cortical Suspensory Fixation for Patellar Tendon Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction: A Time Zero Biomechanical Comparison With Interference Screw Fixation.
- Aggressive surgical treatment and early return to sports in athletes with grade III syndesmosis sprains.
- An augmented fixation method for distal fibular fractures in elderly patients: a biomechanical evaluation.
- Ankle fusion percutaneous home run screw fixation: Technical aspects and soft tissue structures at risk.
- Ankle fusion stability: a biomechanical comparison of external versus internal fixation.
- Anterior cruciate ligament fixation: is radial force a predictor of the pullout strength of soft-tissue interference devices?
- Bending stiffness and pull-out strength of tapered, variable pitch screws, and 6.5-mm cancellous screws in acute Jones fractures.
- Biomechanical Comparison of External Fixation and Compression Screws for Transverse Tarsal Joint Arthrodesis.
- Biomechanical Comparison of Intramedullary Screw Versus Low-Profile Plate Fixation of a Jones Fracture.
- Biomechanical comparison of bone-screw-fasteners versus traditional locked screws in plating female geriatric bone.
- Biomechanical comparison of hallux valgus correction using the proximal chevron osteotomy fixed with a medial locking plate and the Ludloff osteotomy fixed with two screws.
- Biomechanical comparison of plantar-to-dorsal and dorsal-to-plantar screw fixation strength for subtalar arthrodesis.
- Biomechanical comparison of screws and plates for hallux valgus opening-wedge and Ludloff osteotomies.
- Biomechanical consequences of fracture and repair of the posterior wall of the acetabulum.
- C-2 neurectomy during atlantoaxial instrumented fusion in the elderly: patient satisfaction and surgical outcome.
- Cannulated screw delivery of bone marrow aspirate concentrate to a stress fracture nonunion: technique tip.
- Comment on "compression screw fixation of the syndesmosis". Author reply.
- Comparing Calcaneus Fracture Radiographic Outcomes and Complications after Percutaneous Pin versus Screw Fixation.
- Comparison of superior-level facet joint violations during open and percutaneous pedicle screw placement.
- Comparison of the Mechanical Characteristics of a Universal Small Biplane Plating Technique Without Compression Screw and Single Anatomic Plate With Compression Screw.
- Compression screw fixation of the syndesmosis.
- Compressive Force With 2-Screw and 3-Screw Subtalar Joint Arthrodesis With Headless Compression Screws.
- Compressive fixation of osteochondritis dissecans fragments with Herbert screws.
- Computer-assisted surgery for subtalar arthrodesis. A study in cadavers.
- Concomitant fractures of the capitellum and radial head.
- Countersinking the Lag Screw or Blade During Cephalomedullary Nailing of Geriatric Intertrochanteric Femur Fractures: Less Collapse and Implant Prominence Without Increased Cutout Rates.
- Cuboid Edema Syndrome Following Fixation of Proximal Fifth Metatarsal Fractures in Professional Athletes.
- Do newer-generation bioabsorbable screws become incorporated into bone at two years after ACL reconstruction with patellar tendon graft?: A cohort study.
- Dynamic Stabilization of Syndesmosis Injuries Reduces Complications and Reoperations as Compared With Screw Fixation: A Meta-analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials.
- External ring fixation versus screw fixation for ankle arthrodesis: a biomechanical comparison.
- Extrusion of tibial tunnel bioabsorbable screw 15 months after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.
- Factors influencing the results of open reduction and internal fixation of tibial plateau fractures.
- Fixation of the coronoid process in elbow fracture-dislocations.
- Fluoroscopic imaging guides of the posterior pelvis pertaining to iliosacral screw placement.
- Highly Cross-linked Polyethylene Provides Decreased Osteolysis and Reoperation at Minimum 10-Year Follow-Up.
- Hindfoot Arthrodesis Screw Position and Trajectory Effect on Talus Subsidence When Performed With Total Ankle Arthroplasty.
- Hip fusion in young adults. Using a medial displacement osteotomy and cobra plate.
- Hook of hamate fractures: critical evaluation of different therapeutic procedures.
- Hot Topics in Biomechanics: Hip Fracture Fixation.
- Impact of surgical site infection and surgical debridement on lumbar arthrodesis: A single-institution analysis of incidence and risk factors.
- Influence of fracture obliquity and interlocking nail screw configuration on interfragmentary motion in distal metaphyseal tibia fractures.
- Initial experience with extreme angle cervical screw for treatment of trauma and cervical spondylosis.
- Integrated Compression Screw Stabilization of the Dorsal Lunate Facet in Intra-Articular Distal Radius Fractures.
- Interlocked supracondylar intramedullary nails for supracondylar fractures after total knee arthroplasty. A new treatment method.
- Interlocking screw configuration influences distal tibial fracture stability in torsional loading after intramedullary nailing.
- Internal Fixation of Displaced Intra-articular Fractures of the Hallux Through a Dorsomedial Approach: A Technical Tip.
- Internal fixation of displaced fractures of the sacrum.
- Internal fixation of femoral neck fractures. A comparative biomechanical study of Knowles pins and 6.5-mm cancellous screws.
- Intra-articular talar fractures: repair using the Herbert bone screw.
- Intramedullary screw fixation of Jones fractures.
- Intramedullary screw fixation of Jones fractures. Analysis of failure.
- Jones fracture fixation: a biomechanical comparison of partially threaded screws versus tapered variable pitch screws.
- Kickstand Rod Technique for Correcting Coronal Imbalance in Adult Scoliosis: 2-Dimensional Operative Video.
- Lateral mass versus hybrid construct for cervical laminectomy and fusion.
- Less invasive surgery for treating adult spinal deformities: ceiling effects for deformity correction with 3 different techniques.
- Lisfranc injuries in sport.
- Measurement of vertebral cortical integrity during pedicle exploration for intrapedicular fixation.
- Mechanical comparison of fixation techniques for the tibial tubercle osteotomy.
- Metacarpal Position and Lunate Facet Screw Fixation in Dorsal Wrist-Spanning Bridge Plates for Intra-Articular Distal Radial Fracture: A Biomechanical Analysis.
- Metal-on-metal total hip resurfacing arthroplasty in the presence of extra-articular deformities or implants.
- Minimally Invasive Muscle Sparing Posterior-Only Approach for Lumbar Circumferential Decompression and Stabilization to Treat Spine Metastasis--Technical Report.
- Minimally invasive unilateral approach for bilateral decompression of spinal stenosis and modified transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion for degenerative spondylolisthesis.
- Minimally invasive, robot-assisted, anterior lumbar interbody fusion: a technical note.
- Moderate to severe hallux valgus deformity: correction with proximal crescentic osteotomy and distal soft-tissue release.
- Outcomes and complications following spinous process fixation: a single-center analysis of 192 cases.
- Outcomes and complications of extension of previous long fusion to the sacro-pelvis: is an anterior approach necessary?
- Percutaneous Treatment of Unstable Scaphoid Waist Fractures.
- Percutaneous screw fixation promotes healing of lateral condyle nonunion in children.
- Perioperative complications with costotransversectomy and anterior approaches to thoracic and thoracolumbar tumors.
- Porous polyethylene implant for cranioplasty and skull base reconstruction.
- Porous-coated acetabular components with screw fixation. Five to ten-year results.
- Posterior Tibialis Tendon Rupture in a Closed Bimalleolar-Equivalent Ankle Fracture: Case Report.
- Prospective analysis of incidence and risk factors of dysphagia in spine surgery patients: comparison of anterior cervical, posterior cervical, and lumbar procedures.
- Prospective, randomized comparison of proximal crescentic and proximal chevron osteotomies for correction of hallux valgus deformity.
- Removal of plates and screws from the diaphyseal forearm.
- Reverse shoulder arthroplasty for the management of proximal humerus fractures.
- Revision arthrodesis for tibiotalar pseudarthrosis with fibular onlay-inlay graft and internal screw fixation.
- Revision total ankle replacement: an early look at agility to INBONE.
- Robot-assisted versus conventional percutaneous sacroiliac screw fixation for posterior pelvic ring injuries: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Robotic-assisted percutaneous iliac screw fixation for destructive lumbosacral metastatic lesions: an early single-institution experience.
- S2-Alar-Iliac Screws are Associated with Lower Rate of Symptomatic Screw Prominence than Iliac Screws: Radiographic Analysis of Minimal Distance from Screw Head to Skin.
- Sacral tumor resection and the impact on pelvic incidence.
- Scaphoid nonunions treated with 2 headless compression screws and bone grafting.
- Screw placement in subtalar arthrodesis: a biomechanical study.
- Second-generation modular acetabular components provide fixation at 10 to 16 years.
- Significant variations in surgical construct and return to sport protocols with syndesmotic injuries: an ISAKOS global perspective.
- Simultaneous Intraoperative Measurement of Cadaver Ankle and Subtalar Joint Compression During Arthrodesis With Intramedullary Nail, Screws, and Tibiotalocalcaneal Plate.
- Single versus two-incision arthroscopic anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.
- Small intestinal submucosa for anular defect closure: long-term response in an in vivo sheep model.
- Soft Tissue Structures at Risk With Percutaneous Posterior to Anterior Screw Fixation of the Talar Neck.
- Sternal plating for the treatment of sternal nonunion.
- Surgical correction of lumbar kyphotic deformity: posterior reduction "eggshell" osteotomy.
- Systematic Review of Subtalar Distraction Arthrodesis for the Treatment of Subtalar Arthritis.
- Talonavicular joint fixation using augmenting naviculocalcaneal screw in modified double hindfoot arthrodesis.
- Technique Tip: Novel Use of a Targeting Drill Guide for Syndesmotic Screw Placement.
- The Impact of Instrumentation and Implant Surface Technology on Cervical and Thoracolumbar Fusion.
- The biomechanics of pedicle screw augmentation with cement.
- The effect of fixation technique on graft position in anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.
- The jumbo acetabular component for acetabular revision: Curtain Calls and Caveats.
- The relationship of the intrapelvic vasculature to the acetabulum. Implications in screw-fixation acetabular components.
- The results of tension band rotator cuff suture fixation of locked plating of displaced proximal humerus fractures.
- The role of imaging and in situ biomechanical testing in assessing pedicle screw pull-out strength.
- The trans-tricipital approach for intra-articular fractures of the distal humerus: a report of two cases.
- Time to development, clinical and radiographic characteristics, and management of proximal junctional kyphosis following adult thoracolumbar instrumented fusion for spinal deformity.
- Time to internal fixation of femoral neck fractures in patients under sixty years--does this matter in the development of osteonecrosis of femoral head?
- Torque resistance after fixation of Jones fractures with intramedullary screws.
- Torsional stiffness after subtalar arthrodesis using second generation headless compression screws: Biomechanical comparison of 2-screw and 3-screw fixation.
- Training femoral neck screw insertion skills to surgical trainees: computer-assisted surgery versus conventional fluoroscopic technique.
- Treatment of a neglected displaced transverse patella fracture.
- Treatment of acquired adult planovalgus deformities with subtalar fusion.
- Treatment of pediatric atlantoaxial instability with traditional and modified Goel-Harms fusion constructs.
- Type II odontoid fractures in the elderly: early failure of nonsurgical treatment.
- Use of S2-Alar-iliac Screws Associated With Less Complications Than Iliac Screws in Adult Lumbosacropelvic Fixation.
- Use of a distraction plate for distal radial fractures with metaphyseal and diaphyseal comminution.
- Use of a distraction plate for distal radial fractures with metaphyseal and diaphyseal comminution. Surgical technique.
Keywords of People
- Gall, Ken, Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science, Thomas Lord Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Olson, Steven Arthur, Goldner Jones Distinguished Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery