Subject Areas on Research
- 3-Dimensional visualization of lesions in rat brain using magnetic resonance imaging microscopy.
- A case of reversible posterior leukoencephalopathy syndrome caused by transient hypercoagulable state induced by infection.
- A comparative clinicopathologic study of endogenous mycotic endophthalmitis: variations in clinical and histopathologic changes in candidiasis compared to aspergillosis.
- A comparison of remifentanil and fentanyl in patients undergoing surgery for intracranial mass lesions.
- A neuroradiology self-assessment module for use in emergency radiology.
- A role for maternal serum screening in detecting chromosomal abnormalities in fetuses with isolated choroid plexus cysts: a prospective multicentre study.
- A unified framework for personalized regions selection and functional relation modeling for early MCI identification.
- ACR Appropriateness Criteria® Acute Mental Status Change, Delirium, and New Onset Psychosis.
- Acute neurotoxicity after intrathecal cytosine arabinoside in two adolescents with acute lymphoblastic leukemia of B-cell type.
- Acute visual loss and other disorders of the eyes.
- Additional evidence that PGAP1 loss of function causes autosomal recessive global developmental delay and encephalopathy.
- Adjunctive hyperbaric oxygen for treatment of rhinocerebral mucormycosis.
- Advance Directives and the Personal Identity Problem
- Advances in pediatric neuroradiology: highlights of the recent medical literature.
- Adverse cerebral outcomes after coronary bypass surgery. Multicenter Study of Perioperative Ischemia Research Group and the Ischemia Research and Education Foundation Investigators.
- American Society of Functional Neuroradiology-Recommended fMRI Paradigm Algorithms for Presurgical Language Assessment.
- Amylaceous (polyglucosan) bodies in familial cerebral atrophy of early onset.
- An association between fetal parvovirus B19 infection and fetal anomalies: a report of two cases.
- Analysis of shared heritability in common disorders of the brain.
- Anatomic applications of xenon-enhanced CT scanning: visual image analysis and brain-blood partition coefficient studies in man.
- Antiphospholipid antibodies in patients without systemic lupus erythematosus: neuroradiologic findings.
- Applications of transcranial magnetic stimulation and magnetic seizure therapy in the study and treatment of disorders related to cerebral aging.
- Astrocytic activation as evidence for brain damage.
- Benign intracranial hypertension. Pseudotumor cerebri from obstruction of dural sinuses.
- Brain and spine imaging findings in AIDS patients.
- Brain computerized tomography after hyperbaric oxygen therapy for carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Brain-machine interfaces: past, present and future.
- Breath-hold diving and cerebral decompression illness.
- Calcium and vitamin D intakes may be positively associated with brain lesions in depressed and nondepressed elders.
- Cause Unknown, Treatment Uncertain, Outcome Poor: An Encounter With Kidney Failure in the Developing World.
- Cell-based interventions for neurologic conditions: ethical challenges for early human trials.
- Cellular and molecular basis of epilepsy.
- Centennial dissertation. Honoring Arthur W. Goodspeed, MD and James B. Bullitt, MD. CT and MR imaging and nontraumatic neurologic emergencies.
- Central nervous system complications of cardiac surgery.
- Central nervous system pneumocystosis in a patient with AIDS.
- Central neurotoxicity after exposure to organic lead: susceptibility to seizures.
- Cerebral aneurysms: mechanisms of injury and critical care interventions.
- Cerebral blood flow and metabolism during cardiopulmonary bypass.
- Cerebral blood flow requirement for brain viability in newborn infants is lower than in adults.
- Cerebral imaging of decompression injury patients with 18-F-2-fluoro-2-deoxyglucose positron emission tomography.
- Cerebral oxygen metabolism in newborns.
- Cerebral phaeohyphomycosis in an immunodeficient child treated medically with combination antifungal therapy.
- Cerebral physiologic effects of burst suppression doses of propofol during nonpulsatile cardiopulmonary bypass. CNS Subgroup of McSPI.
- Cerebral white matter lesions, retinopathy, and stroke.
- Cerebrospinal fluid atrial natriuretic factor in intracranial disease.
- Cerebrospinal fluid proteomics in children during induction for acute lymphoblastic leukemia: A pilot study.
- Characterization of Death in Neonatal Encephalopathy in the Hypothermia Era.
- Cholesterol granuloma of the lateral ventricle. Case report.
- Clinical Reasoning: A 2-Day-Old Boy With Sudden Cardiac Arrest and Encephalopathy.
- Clinical applications of neuroimaging in psychiatry.
- Clinical prediction of functional outcome after ischemic stroke: the surprising importance of periventricular white matter disease and race.
- Cognitive effects of neonatal hippocampal lesions in a rat model of schizophrenia.
- Colloid cyst of the third ventricle presenting as a ring-enhancing lesion on computed tomography.
- Communication Challenges in Neonatal Encephalopathy.
- Comparison of seizures and brain lesions produced by intracerebroventricular kainic acid and bicuculline methiodide.
- Comparison of two brief tests of organic brain impairment, the MSQ and the short portable MSQ.
- Complex choristoma of the gyrus rectus: a distinct clinicopathologic entity?
- Complications following pediatric cranioplasty after decompressive craniectomy: a multicenter retrospective study.
- Comprehensive processing, display and analysis for in vivo MR spectroscopic imaging.
- Computed tomography brain scanning in alcohol withdrawal seizures. Value of the neurologic examination.
- Consensus statement on continuous EEG in critically ill adults and children, part I: indications.
- Consensus statement on continuous EEG in critically ill adults and children, part II: personnel, technical specifications, and clinical practice.
- Cranial computed tomography before lumbar puncture: a prospective clinical evaluation.
- Creatine kinase brain isoenzyme: relationship of cerebrospinal fluid concentration to the neurologic condition of newborns and cellular localization in the human brain.
- Critical care perspective on immunotherapy in lung transplantation.
- Cyst of the velum interpositum: antenatal ultrasonographic features and differential diagnosis.
- De novo variants in SNAP25 cause an early-onset developmental and epileptic encephalopathy.
- Defects of ocular motility after stereotactic midbrain lesions in man.
- Delayed-onset movement disorder and encephalopathy after oxycodone ingestion.
- Delayed-onset progressive movement disorders after static brain lesions.
- Development of a semi-automated method for quantification of MRI gray and white matter lesions in geriatric subjects.
- Diagnosis and neuroanatomical correlates of depression in brain-damaged patients. Implications for a neurology of depression.
- Differences in blood pressure by measurement technique in neurocritically ill patients: A technological assessment.
- Differential response of ventral midbrain and striatal progenitor cells to lesions of the nigrostriatal dopaminergic projection.
- Diffusion tensor imaging for evaluation of the childhood brain and pediatric white matter disorders.
- Disorders of acid-base relationships in the cerebrospinal fluid: a review.
- Disseminated aspergillosis involving the brain: distribution and imaging characteristics.
- Does this patient with headache have a migraine or need neuroimaging?
- ENIGMA and the individual: Predicting factors that affect the brain in 35 countries worldwide.
- Early onset severe ATP1A2 epileptic encephalopathy: Clinical characteristics and underlying mutations.
- Effect of intravenous lidocaine on the transcerebral inflammatory response during cardiac surgery: a randomized-controlled trial.
- Effect of kainic acid-induced status epilepticus on inositol-trisphosphate and seizure-induced brain damage in mature and immature animals.
- Effects of NMDA receptor antagonists and body temperature in the gerbil carotid occlusion model of transient forebrain ischemia.
- Elevated serum levels of tumor necrosis factor are associated with progressive encephalopathy in children with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.
- Emerging Role of PD-1 in the Central Nervous System and Brain Diseases.
- Epileptic encephalopathy with features of rapid-onset dystonia Parkinsonism and alternating hemiplegia of childhood: a novel combination phenotype associated with ATP1A3 mutation.
- Ethical considerations in the care of encephalopathic neonates treated with therapeutic hypothermia.
- Evaluation of the patient with nontraumatic headache: an evidence based approach.
- Evaluation of thiamine for the prevention of ifosfamide-induced encephalopathy.
- FDG-PET in the selection of brain lesions for biopsy.
- Familial leukoencephalopathy in bipolar disorder.
- Fast spin-echo, magnetic resonance imaging-measured hippocampal volume: correlation with neuronal density in anterior temporal lobectomy patients.
- Fetal choroid plexus lesions. Relationship of antenatal sonographic appearance to clinical outcome.
- Fetal porencephaly: a review of etiology, diagnosis, and prognosis.
- Gestational exposure to chlorpyrifos: apparent protection of the fetus?
- Glycemic index and glycemic load are not associated with brain lesions in the elderly.
- Guest editorial.
- Guideline 1: Minimum technical requirements for performing clinical electroencephalography.
- HIV disorders of the brain: pathology and pathogenesis.
- HIV-2-associated AIDS in the United States. The first case.
- Health-related quality of life in children with inflammatory brain disease.
- Hemiballismus: CT and MR findings.
- Hepatoxicity with encephalopathy associated with aspirin therapy in rheumatoid arthritis.
- Heterogeneity across brain regions and neurotransmitter interactions with nicotinic effects on memory function.
- Hydrogels for brain repair after stroke: an emerging treatment option
- Hypothalamic insufficiency: the cause of hypopituitarism in sarcoidosis.
- Identification of an elaborate complex mediating postsynaptic inhibition.
- Imaging genomics.
- Impact of encephalopathy on mortality in the sepsis syndrome. The Veterans Administration Systemic Sepsis Cooperative Study Group.
- Improved neurodevelopmental outcomes following long-term high-dose oral acyclovir therapy in infants with central nervous system and disseminated herpes simplex disease.
- In vivo quantitation of basal ganglia and thalamic degenerative changes in two temporal lobectomy patients with affective disorder.
- Incidental findings on brain magnetic resonance imaging of children with sickle cell disease.
- Increase in oxidative stress as measured by cerebrospinal fluid lipid peroxidation during treatment for childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Ineffectiveness of burst suppression therapy in mitigating perioperative cerebrovascular dysfunction. Multicenter Study of Perioperative Ischemia (McSPI) Research Group.
- Infantile spasms and encephalopathy without preceding neonatal seizures caused by KCNQ2 R198Q, a gain-of-function variant.
- Inhaled carbon monoxide and hyperoxic lung injury in rats.
- Inhibitory simple partial (non-convulsive) status epilepticus after intracranial surgery.
- Intensive insulin therapy in the neurocritical care setting is associated with poor clinical outcomes.
- Intracranial fibromuscular dysplasia in a 5-year-old child.
- Intraoperative monitoring of auditory and brain-stem function.
- Is early age-related macular degeneration associated with cerebral MRI changes? The Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities study.
- Isolated intracranial Rosai-Dorfman disease in a child.
- Laser Ablation of Abnormal Neurological Tissue Using Robotic Neuroblate System (LAANTERN): Procedural Safety and Hospitalization.
- Late complications after marrow transplantation.
- Limbic circuits and neuropsychiatric disorders. Functional anatomy and neuroimaging findings.
- Linking variability in brain chemistry and circuit function through multimodal human neuroimaging.
- Longitudinal study of neuropsychological functioning in patients on chronic hemodialysis: a preliminary report.
- MR and positron emission tomography in the diagnosis of surgically correctable temporal lobe epilepsy.
- MR imaging of diseases of the limbic system.
- MR perfusion imaging of the brain: techniques and applications.
- MRI of brain iron.
- Magnetic resonance and diffusion tensor imaging in pediatric white matter diseases.
- Magnetic resonance imaging evidence of hippocampal sclerosis in progression: a case report.
- Managing depression in geriatric populations.
- Maresin 1 attenuates neuroinflammation in a mouse model of perioperative neurocognitive disorders.
- Minimal brain dysfunction and methylphenidate.
- Missing in Action: African Ancestry Brain Research.
- Moderate hypothermia and unilateral selective antegrade cerebral perfusion: a contemporary cerebral protection strategy for aortic arch surgery.
- Mood disorders in the medically ill: scientific review and recommendations.
- Multiple organ failure after ingestion of pennyroyal oil from herbal tea in two infants.
- Mutations in filamin 1 prevent migration of cerebral cortical neurons in human periventricular heterotopia.
- National Cancer Institute Workshop statement. Advances in clinical imaging using positron emission tomography, September 14-16, 1988. The Workshop Panel.
- Natural history of cerebral complications of coronary artery bypass graft surgery.
- Neuro-Behçet's disease: factors hampering proper diagnosis.
- Neurobehavioral changes with caudate lesions.
- Neurocysticercosis in the United States: 35 cases and a review.
- Neurological complications of systemic cancer.
- Neuromodulation for mood and memory: from the engineering bench to the patient bedside.
- Neuropsychiatric considerations in the use of electroconvulsive therapy.
- Neuroradiology case of the day. Multifocal inflammatory leukoencephalopathy due to treatment with 5-fluorouracil and levamisole.
- Neurotologic management of intracranial epidermoid tumors.
- Neurotoxicity of carbonyl sulfide in F344 rats following inhalation exposure for up to 12 weeks.
- New techniques in magnetic resonance imaging.
- Non-heme mechanisms for T1 shortening: pathologic, CT, and MR elucidation.
- Nonischemic causes of hyperintense signals on diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance images: a pictorial essay.
- Occipital Headache in Chronic Lymphocytic Inflammation With Pontine Perivascular Enhancement Responsive to Steroids (CLIPPERS).
- One-methyl group metabolism in non-ketotic hyperglycinaemia: mildly elevated cerebrospinal fluid homocysteine levels.
- Organic bases of depression in the elderly.
- Overview of diffusion imaging.
- Perfusion MRI: the five most frequently asked technical questions.
- Perilesional edema associated with an intracranial calcifying pseudoneoplasm of the neuraxis in a child: case report and review of imaging features.
- Periventricular and subcortical nodular heterotopia. A study of 33 patients.
- Persistent and fatal central-nervous-system ECHOvirus infections in patients with agammaglobulinemia.
- Perspectives from the Society for Pediatric Research. Neonatal encephalopathy clinical trials: developing the future.
- Phenobarbital modifies seizure-related brain injury in the developing brain.
- Pineal epidermoid cysts.
- Porous polyethylene implant for cranioplasty and skull base reconstruction.
- Post-traumatic epidermoid cyst: CT appearance.
- Prenatal air pollution exposure induces neuroinflammation and predisposes offspring to weight gain in adulthood in a sex-specific manner.
- Prenatal genetic diagnosis of Neu-Laxova syndrome.
- Prenatal mild ventriculomegaly predicts abnormal development of the neonatal brain.
- Proton magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging in childhood ataxia with diffuse central nervous system hypomyelination.
- Proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy and gadolinium-DTPA perfusion imaging of asymptomatic MRI white matter lesions.
- Protracted epileptiform encephalopathy: an unusual form of partial complex status epilepticus.
- Quantification of contrast in clinical MR brain imaging at high magnetic field.
- Radiation Dose Considerations in Emergent Neuroimaging.
- Radiologic imaging of AIDS.
- Radionuclide emission computed tomography of the head with 99mTc and a scintillation camera.
- Region tracking on level-sets methods.
- Rethinking the neurosurgical approach to brain disorders from the network neuroscience perspective.
- Review of neonatal EEG.
- Reye's syndrome treated by peritoneal dialysis.
- Reye's syndrome. Possible causes and pathogenetic pathways.
- Rickettsial infections and the central nervous system.
- Rosai-Dorfman disease presenting with isolated bilateral orbital masses: report of two cases.
- S100beta and postcardiac surgery neurological dysfunction: reasons to disregard any link.
- Sarcoidosis mimicking glioma: case report and review of intracranial sarcoid mass lesions.
- Seizure onset from periventricular nodular heterotopias: depth-electrode study.
- Serial MR imaging of pineal cysts: implications for natural history and follow-up.
- Sex differences in neurodevelopmental and neurodegenerative disorders: Focus on microglial function and neuroinflammation during development.
- Sex differences in neurological outcomes and mortality after cardiac surgery: a society of thoracic surgery national database report.
- Shigellosis-associated encephalopathy.
- Simulation in Neurosurgery-A Brief Review and Commentary.
- Single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT). Part II: Clinical applications.
- Smart neuromodulation in movement disorders.
- Supporting families in their child's journey with neonatal encephalopathy and therapeutic hypothermia.
- Surgical Management of Tumors Involving Meckel's Cave and Cavernous Sinus: Role of an Extended Middle Fossa and Lateral Sphenoidectomy Approach.
- Survey of long-term follow-up programs in the United States for survivors of childhood brain tumors.
- Symptomatic intracranial pneumatocele from mastoid sinus of spontaneous origin. Case report.
- Synchronous neural interactions assessed by magnetoencephalography: a functional biomarker for brain disorders.
- System Specific Effects of Therapeutic Hypothermia with Neonatal Encephalopathy: Pearls for Clinicians.
- TANGO2: expanding the clinical phenotype and spectrum of pathogenic variants.
- The Dynamic Duo: Combining noninvasive brain stimulation with cognitive interventions.
- The Haw River syndrome: dentatorubropallidoluysian atrophy (DRPLA) in an African-American family.
- The Role of Pediatric Rheumatologists in Autoimmune Brain Disease.
- The Sarnat score for neonatal encephalopathy: looking back and moving forward.
- The development of brain-machine interface neuroprosthetic devices.
- The expanding spectrum of ATP1A3 related disease.
- The role of central glucagon-like peptide-1 in mediating the effects of visceral illness: differential effects in rats and mice.
- The role of simulation in neurosurgery.
- Therapeutic Development of Apolipoprotein E Mimetics for Acute Brain Injury: Augmenting Endogenous Responses to Reduce Secondary Injury.
- Total intravenous anesthesia: advantages for intracranial surgery.
- Transient choroid plexus cysts and benign asymmetrical ventricles: a case suggesting a possible link: case report.
- Tuberous sclerosis complex and epilepsy: prognostic significance of electroencephalography and magnetic resonance imaging.
- Typical and atypical MR imaging features of intracranial epidermoid tumors.
- Ultrastructural study of Norrie's disease.
- Use of graph theory to evaluate brain networks: a clinical tool for a small world?
- Uses of nanoparticles for central nervous system imaging and therapy.
- Vagus nerve stimulation (VNS): utility in neuropsychiatric disorders.
- Vascular morphogenesis: tales of two syndromes.
- Visual event-related potentials in progressive supranuclear palsy, corticobasal degeneration, striatonigral degeneration, and Parkinson's disease.
- WISC-R verbal and performance IQ discrepancy in an unselected cohort: clinical significance and longitudinal stability.
- Where neuroimaging and lesion studies meet.
- White matter lesion contrast in fast spin-echo fluid-attenuated inversion recovery imaging: effect of varying effective echo time and echo train length.
- Widespread effects of hyperintense lesions on cerebral white matter structure.
- [Protein transduction domain peptide mediates delivery to the brain via the blood-brain barrier in Drosophila].
- fMRI activation mapping as a percentage of local excitation: consistent presurgical motor maps without threshold adjustment.
Keywords of People
- Bradford, William Dalton, Professor of Pathology, Pathology
- Charles, Hal Cecil, Adjunct Associate Professor in the Department of Radiology, Radiology
- Johnson, G. Allan, Charles E. Putman University Distinguished Professor of Radiology, Biomedical Engineering
- McLendon, Roger Edwin, Professor of Pathology, Pathology
- Sampson, John Howard, Robert H., M.D. and Gloria Wilkins Professor of Neurosurgery, in the School of Medicine, Biomedical Engineering
- Turner, Dennis Alan, Professor of Neurosurgery, Biomedical Engineering