Subject Areas on Research
- Assessment of genetic relatedness of vaginal isolates of Candida albicans from different geographical origins.
- Clinical evaluation of affirm VPIII in the detection and identification of Trichomonas vaginalis, Gardnerella vaginalis, and Candida species in vaginitis/vaginosis.
- Clonal and spontaneous origins of fluconazole resistance in Candida albicans.
- Erosive diseases of the vulva.
- Evaluation of the Affirm Ambient Temperature Transport System for the detection and identification of Trichomonas vaginalis, Gardnerella vaginalis, and Candida species from vaginal fluid specimens.
- Human dectin-1 deficiency and mucocutaneous fungal infections.
- Phenotypic and genotypic evaluation of fluconazole resistance in vaginal Candida strains isolated from HIV-infected women from Brazil.
- Predictive value of the clinical diagnosis of lower genital tract infection in women.