Cardiac Output, Low
Subject Areas on Research
- A bolus dose of 1.5 mg/kg amrinone effectively improves low cardiac output state following separation from cardiopulmonary bypass in cardiac surgical patients.
- A multicenter, randomized trial of percutaneous coronary intervention versus bypass surgery in high-risk unstable angina patients. The AWESOME (Veterans Affairs Cooperative Study #385, angina with extremely serious operative mortality evaluation) investigators from the Cooperative Studies Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Acute Cardiac Care for Neonatal Heart Disease.
- Acute coronary findings at autopsy in heart failure patients with sudden death: results from the assessment of treatment with lisinopril and survival (ATLAS) trial.
- Acute heart failure during spinal surgery in a boy with Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
- Adherence to candesartan and placebo and outcomes in chronic heart failure in the CHARM programme: double-blind, randomised, controlled clinical trial.
- An evidence-based review of the use of vasoactive and inotropic medications in post-operative paediatric patients after cardiac surgery with cardiopulmonary bypass from 2000 to 2020.
- Angiotensin-Neprilysin Inhibition in Acute Decompensated Heart Failure.
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibition prolongs survival and modifies the transition to heart failure in rats with pressure overload hypertrophy due to ascending aortic stenosis.
- Aortic valve replacement for aortic stenosis in patients with left ventricular dysfunction.
- Cardiac complications and delirium associated with valerian root withdrawal.
- Cardiac function and heart failure.
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy: Part 1--issues before device implantation.
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy: Part 2--issues during and after device implantation and unresolved questions.
- Cardiac resynchronization with sequential biventricular pacing for the treatment of moderate-to-severe heart failure.
- Catecholamines, cardiac beta-adrenergic receptors, and heart failure.
- Chronic suppression of heart-failure progression by a pseudophosphorylated mutant of phospholamban via in vivo cardiac rAAV gene delivery.
- Clinical characteristics and long-term outcome of patients in whom congestive heart failure develops after thrombolytic therapy for acute myocardial infarction: development of a predictive model.
- Comparison of medicine alone, coronary angioplasty, and left internal mammary artery-coronary artery bypass for one-vessel proximal left anterior descending coronary artery disease.
- Competitive displacement of phosphoinositide 3-kinase from beta-adrenergic receptor kinase-1 improves postinfarction adverse myocardial remodeling.
- Critical mitral stenosis causing ischemic hepatic failure. Successful treatment by percutaneous balloon mitral valvotomy.
- Delayed right heart failure following lung transplantation.
- Depletion of energy reserve via the creatine kinase reaction during the evolution of heart failure in cardiomyopathic hamsters.
- Differences in skeletal muscle between men and women with chronic heart failure.
- Differential myocardial gene expression in the development and rescue of murine heart failure.
- Differential ventricular ischemic injury: an experimental model of right ventricular failure with a variable degree of left ventricular dysfunction.
- Distinguishing mechanisms from markers of cardiac contractile dysfunction: more than 1 way to skin the cat of heart failure.
- Effects of candesartan in patients with chronic heart failure and reduced left-ventricular systolic function intolerant to angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitors: the CHARM-Alternative trial.
- Effects of candesartan in patients with chronic heart failure and reduced left-ventricular systolic function taking angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitors: the CHARM-Added trial.
- Effects of candesartan on mortality and morbidity in patients with chronic heart failure: the CHARM-Overall programme.
- Endothelin-1 blockade corrects mesenteric hypoperfusion in a porcine low cardiac output model.
- Experimental congestive heart failure produced by rapid ventricular pacing in the dog: cardiac effects.
- Force-frequency relations in the failing rabbit heart and responses to adrenergic stimulation.
- Gender differences in survival in advanced heart failure. Insights from the FIRST study.
- Hypertrophic remodeling: gender differences in the early response to left ventricular pressure overload.
- Impaired chronotropic and vasodilator reserves limit exercise capacity in patients with heart failure and a preserved ejection fraction.
- Implications of Altered Ketone Metabolism and Therapeutic Ketosis in Heart Failure.
- Incidence and predictors of sudden cardiac death in patients with diastolic heart failure.
- Intermittent pressure overload triggers hypertrophy-independent cardiac dysfunction and vascular rarefaction.
- Left ventricular hypertrophy in ascending aortic stenosis mice: anoikis and the progression to early failure.
- Letter by Bourque et al regarding article, "Changing incidence and survival for heart failure in a well-defined older population, 1970-1974 and 1990-1994".
- Level of beta-adrenergic receptor kinase 1 inhibition determines degree of cardiac dysfunction after chronic pressure overload-induced heart failure.
- Levosimendan in Patients with Left Ventricular Dysfunction Undergoing Cardiac Surgery.
- Listing criteria for heart transplantation: International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation guidelines for the care of cardiac transplant candidates--2006.
- Long-term captopril treatment improves diastolic filling more than systolic performance in rats with large myocardial infarction.
- Long-term predictors of sudden and low output death in chronic congestive heart failure secondary to coronary artery disease.
- Lymphocyte levels of GRK2 (betaARK1) mirror changes in the LVAD-supported failing human heart: lower GRK2 associated with improved beta-adrenergic signaling after mechanical unloading.
- Mode of death in advanced heart failure: the Comparison of Medical, Pacing, and Defibrillation Therapies in Heart Failure (COMPANION) trial.
- Molecular genetics and genomics of heart failure.
- Mortality and morbidity reduction with Candesartan in patients with chronic heart failure and left ventricular systolic dysfunction: results of the CHARM low-left ventricular ejection fraction trials.
- Multifaceted intervention to promote beta-blocker use in heart failure.
- Noradrenaline biosynthesis and metabolism during development and recovery from pacing-induced heart failure in the dog.
- Novel--and "neu"--therapeutic possibilities for heart failure.
- Perioperative experience with amrinone.
- Pharmacologic and mechanical methods of discontinuing extracorporeal circulation in patients with heart failure.
- Pharmacologic therapy for patients with chronic heart failure and reduced systolic function: review of trials and practical considerations.
- Plasma endothelin in chronic heart failure.
- Rationale and design of the comParIson Of sacubitril/valsartaN versus Enalapril on Effect on nt-pRo-bnp in patients stabilized from an acute Heart Failure episode (PIONEER-HF) trial.
- Redefining heart failure: the utility of genomics.
- Response of atrial natriuretic factor to acute and chronic increases of atrial pressures in experimental heart failure in dogs. Role of changes in heart rate, atrial dimension, and cardiac tissue concentration.
- Risk factors for mortality and morbidity after the neonatal Blalock-Taussig shunt procedure.
- Role of Diastolic Function in Preserved Exercise Capacity in Patients with Reduced Ejection Fractions.
- Safety of transvenous cardiac resynchronization system implantation in patients with chronic heart failure: combined results of over 2,000 patients from a multicenter study program.
- Sensing heart stress.
- Support of the perioperative failing heart with preexisting ventricular dysfunction: currently available options.
- Systolic blood pressure at admission, clinical characteristics, and outcomes in patients hospitalized with acute heart failure.
- Tezosentan normalizes hepatomesenteric perfusion in a porcine model of cardiac tamponade.
- The problem of decompensated heart failure: nomenclature, classification, and risk stratification.
- Treatment crossovers did not affect randomized treatment comparisons in the Mode Selection Trial (MOST).
- Usefulness of Low Cardiac Index to Predict Sleep-Disordered Breathing in Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension.
- Utility of impedance cardiography for the identification of short-term risk of clinical decompensation in stable patients with chronic heart failure.
- Vasopressin: a new target for the treatment of heart failure.
Keywords of People
- Milano, Carmelo Alessio, Joseph W. and Dorothy W. Beard Distinguished Professor of Experimental Surgery, Surgery, Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery
- O'Connor, Christopher Michael, Adjunct Professor in the Department of Medicine, Medicine, Clinical Pharmacology