Cardiovascular Physiological Phenomena
Subject Areas on Research
- A 20-yr longitudinal study of Olympic oarsmen.
- Aerobic fitness is associated with hippocampal volume in elderly humans.
- Alterations in the blood velocity profile influence the blood flow response during muscle contractions and relaxations.
- Assessing and Addressing Cardiovascular Health in People Who Are Transgender and Gender Diverse: A Scientific Statement From the American Heart Association.
- Autologous endothelial progenitor cell-seeding technology and biocompatibility testing for cardiovascular devices in large animal model.
- Avoiding Cardiovascular Collapse: Pediatric Cutaneous Mastocytosis and Anesthetic Challenges.
- Behavioural and cardiovascular effects of disrupting the angiotensin II type-2 receptor in mice.
- Beyond fitness tracking: The use of consumer-grade wearable data from normal volunteers in cardiovascular and lipidomics research.
- Cardiopulmonary fitness in patients undergoing hematopoietic SCT: a pilot study.
- Cardiovascular Health in American Indians and Alaska Natives: A Scientific Statement From the American Heart Association.
- Cardiovascular Research and the National Academy of Medicine: Advancing Progress in Science and Medicine: Part 1: Who We Are.
- Cardiovascular Research and the National Academy of Medicine: Advancing Progress in Science and Medicine: Part 2: What We Do.
- Cardiovascular phenotyping of the mouse heart using a 4D radial acquisition and liposomal Gd-DTPA-BMA.
- Cardiovascular reactivity among hostile men and women: the effects of sex and anger suppression.
- Cardiovascular responses in the laboratory and in the natural environment: is blood pressure reactivity to laboratory-induced mental stress related to ambulatory blood pressure during everyday life?
- Cardiovascular responses to an active coping challenge as predictors of blood pressure patterns 10 to 15 years later.
- Cardiovascular responses to weighing in healthy subjects.
- Cellular and physiological effects of arginine.
- Changes in cardiovascular health and physical fitness in ethnic youth with intellectual disabilities participating in a park-based afterschool programme for two years.
- Circulating versus local renin-angiotensin system in cardiovascular homeostasis.
- Clinical effects of methamphetamine vapor inhalation.
- Commentary: Connecting the dots: Coronary artery development as a combination of vasculogenesis and angiogenesis.
- Dynamic denitrosylation via S-nitrosoglutathione reductase regulates cardiovascular function.
- Effect of aerobic training on the host systemic milieu in patients with solid tumours: an exploratory correlative study.
- Effects of breathing and cardiac motion on spatial resolution in the microscopic imaging of rodents.
- Effects of exercise training on cardiorespiratory function in men and women older than 60 years of age.
- Effects of exercise training on cardiovascular function and plasma lipid, lipoprotein, and apolipoprotein concentrations in premenopausal and postmenopausal women.
- Effects of pulsed currents on respiration and the heart.
- Effects of task incentive on cardiovascular response in type A and type B individuals.
- Emotional responsivity during daily life: relationship to psychosocial functioning and ambulatory blood pressure.
- Facial expressions of emotion reveal neuroendocrine and cardiovascular stress responses.
- Galen, father of systematic medicine. An essay on the evolution of modern medicine and cardiology.
- Genetic mechanisms that determine oxidative capacity of striated muscles. Control of gene transcription.
- Heritability estimates of endophenotypes of long and health life: the Long Life Family Study.
- Hormone therapy: physiological complexity belies therapeutic simplicity.
- Implications of local angiotensin production in cardiovascular physiology and pharmacology.
- Is cardiovascular fitness associated with structural brain integrity in midlife? Evidence from a population-representative birth cohort study.
- Magnetic resonance imaging of blood flow with a phase subtraction technique. In vitro and in vivo validation.
- Maternal valvular heart disease in pregnancy.
- Maturational trends of EEG-sleep measures in the healthy preterm neonate.
- Mechanisms underlying cardiovascular defense reaction evoked by dorsal periaqueductal gray stimulation.
- Medical problems associated with aging.
- Metabolism and Inflammation in Cardiovascular Health and Diseases: Mechanisms to Therapies.
- Molecular biology of angiotensin receptors: target for drug research?
- Natural experiment examining the longitudinal association between change in residential segregation and youth cardiovascular health across race/ethnicity and gender in the USA.
- Natural history of severe decompression sickness after rapid ascent from air saturation in a porcine model.
- Nitric oxide: physiology and pharmacology.
- Pathological Remodeling of Mitral Valve Leaflets from Unphysiologic Leaflet Mechanics after Undersized Mitral Annuloplasty to Repair Ischemic Mitral Regurgitation.
- Patterns and predictors of recovery from exhaustion in older adults: the cardiovascular health study.
- Physiologic basis for the age-related decline in aerobic work capacity.
- Position as a variable for cardiovascular responses during exercise.
- Psychological and physiological effects of physical conditioning on the elderly.
- Recent progress in angiotensin II type 2 receptor research in the cardiovascular system.
- Relationships among age, sex, the type A behavior pattern, and cardiovascular reactivity.
- Risk of stroke and cardiovascular events after ischemic stroke or transient ischemic attack in patients with type 2 diabetes or metabolic syndrome: secondary analysis of the Stroke Prevention by Aggressive Reduction in Cholesterol Levels (SPARCL) trial.
- Role of receptor mechanisms in the adaptive response to habitual exercise.
- Running on empty: cardiovascular reserve capacity and late effects of therapy in cancer survivorship.
- Safety and feasibility of aerobic training on cardiopulmonary function and quality of life in postsurgical nonsmall cell lung cancer patients: a pilot study.
- Short- and long-term determinants of cardiovascular function and therapy: contributions of circulating and tissue renin-angiotensin systems.
- Soybean isoflavones improve cardiovascular risk factors without affecting the reproductive system of peripubertal rhesus monkeys.
- System identification of dynamic closed-loop control of total peripheral resistance by arterial and cardiopulmonary baroreceptors.
- Targeted neonatal echocardiography in the neonatal intensive care unit: practice guidelines and recommendations for training:
- Task Force on Strategic Research Direction: Basic Science Subgroup key science topics report.
- The authors reply.
- The cardiovascular evaluation of women athletes.
- The emerging multifaceted roles of nitric oxide.
- The influence of adjuvant therapy on cardiorespiratory fitness in early-stage breast cancer seven years after diagnosis: the Cooper Center Longitudinal Study.
- The influence of interpersonal interaction on diastolic blood pressure.
- The non-haematopoietic biological effects of erythropoietin.
- The renin-angiotensin system: it's all in your head.
- Tissue renin-angiotensin system: physiologic and pharmacologic implications. Introduction.
- Two-year trends in physical performance following supervised exercise among community-dwelling older veterans.
- Understanding the Pathophysiology, Implications, and Treatment Options of Patent Ductus Arteriosus in the Neonatal Population.
Keywords of People
- Badea, Cristian Tudorel, Professor in Radiology, Biomedical Engineering
- Barker, Piers Christopher Andrew, Professor of Pediatrics, Pediatrics, Cardiology