Subject Areas on Research
- Carnitine Acetyltransferase Mitigates Metabolic Inertia and Muscle Fatigue during Exercise.
- Carnitine insufficiency caused by aging and overnutrition compromises mitochondrial performance and metabolic control.
- Multiple mass isotopomer tracing of acetyl-CoA metabolism in Langendorff-perfused rat hearts: channeling of acetyl-CoA from pyruvate dehydrogenase to carnitine acetyltransferase.
- Muscle-specific deletion of carnitine acetyltransferase compromises glucose tolerance and metabolic flexibility.
- Obesity and lipid stress inhibit carnitine acetyltransferase activity.
- The Acetyl Group Buffering Action of Carnitine Acetyltransferase Offsets Macronutrient-Induced Lysine Acetylation of Mitochondrial Proteins.