Subject Areas on Research
- 3-Dimensional spatially organized PEG-based hydrogels for an aortic valve co-culture model.
- A 3D numerical study of the effect of channel height on leukocyte deformation and adhesion in parallel-plate flow chambers.
- A chemokine expressed in lymphoid high endothelial venules promotes the adhesion and chemotaxis of naive T lymphocytes.
- A common clathrin-mediated machinery co-ordinates cell-cell adhesion and bacterial internalization.
- A kinetic study of embryonic cell adhesion.
- A leukocyte lipid up-regulates the avidity of lymphocyte function-associated antigen-1.
- A macaque adherent cell line that expresses human CD4 is susceptible to SIV: utility for assessing neutralizing antibody.
- A marriage of enhancement: fibrinolysis and conjunctive therapy.
- A molecular analysis of hyalin--a substrate for cell adhesion in the hyaline layer of the sea urchin embryo.
- A new twist to the leukocyte adhesion cascade: intimate cooperation is key.
- A novel low-molecular weight inhibitor of focal adhesion kinase, TAE226, inhibits glioma growth.
- A possible role for ligatin and the phosphoglycoproteins it binds in calcium-dependent retinal cell adhesion.
- A requirement for trypsin-sensitive cell-surface components for cell-cell interactions of embryonic neural retina cells.
- A role for fractalkine and its receptor (CX3CR1) in cardiac allograft rejection.
- A role for the epidermal growth factor-like domain of P-selectin in ligand recognition and cell adhesion.
- A six-armed oligomer isolated from cell surface fibronectin preparations.
- A system for the direct co-culture of endothelium on smooth muscle cells.
- A transcriptional repressor of osteopontin expression in the 4T1 murine breast cancer cell line.
- AD2, a human molecule involved in the interaction of T cells with epidermal keratinocytes and thymic epithelial cells.
- Abi1 loss drives prostate tumorigenesis through activation of EMT and non-canonical WNT signaling.
- Abl family kinases modulate T cell-mediated inflammation and chemokine-induced migration through the adaptor HEF1 and the GTPase Rap1.
- Abl tyrosine kinases regulate cell-cell adhesion through Rho GTPases.
- Activated lymphocytes promote endothelial cell detachment from matrix: a role for modulation of endothelial cell beta 1 integrin affinity.
- Activation of Rap1 promotes prostate cancer metastasis.
- Activation of T lymphocytes for adhesion and cytokine expression by toxin-conjugated anti-CD3 monoclonal antibodies.
- Activation of human B lymphocytes. X. Heterogeneity of concanavalin A-generated suppressor cells of the pokeweed mitogen-induced plaque-forming cell response of human peripheral blood lymphocytes.
- Activation of human B lymphocytes. XIV. Characterization of the precursor of the pokeweed mitogen-induced anti-sheep red blood cell plaque-forming cell.
- Adeno-associated virus type 2 contains an integrin alpha5beta1 binding domain essential for viral cell entry.
- Adhesion and function of human endothelial cells co-cultured on smooth muscle cells.
- Adhesion mediated by bonds in series.
- Adhesion molecule cascades direct lymphocyte recirculation and leukocyte migration during inflammation.
- Adhesion molecules and hydroxyurea in the pathophysiology of sickle cell disease.
- Adhesion to osteopontin in the bone marrow niche regulates lymphoblastic leukemia cell dormancy.
- Adult adipose-derived stem cell attachment to biomaterials.
- Age-related increase in phorbol myristate acetate-induced lymphocyte adhesion to vascular endothelium.
- Alterations in L-selectin expression and elastase activity in neutrophils from patients receiving granulocyte colony-stimulating factor alone or in conjunction with high-dose chemotherapy with autologous bone marrow transplantation.
- An L-selectin ligand distinct from P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 is expressed on endothelial cells and promotes neutrophil rolling in inflammation.
- An equilibrium model of endothelial cell adhesion via integrin-dependent and integrin-independent ligands.
- An in vitro bioassay for neurite growth using cryostat sections of nervous tissue as a substratum.
- An inherited abnormality of neutrophil adhesion. Its genetic transmission and its association with a missing protein.
- Analogs of tetrahydroisoquinoline natural products that inhibit cell migration and target galectin-3 outside of its carbohydrate-binding site.
- Analysis of factors associated with the tumorigenic potential of 12 tumor clones derived from a single rat colon adenocarcinoma.
- Anchorage-independent cell growth signature identifies tumors with metastatic potential.
- Ankyrin-G Inhibits Endocytosis of Cadherin Dimers.
- Antagonists of the system L neutral amino acid transporter (LAT) promote endothelial adhesivity of human red blood cells.
- Anti-cell surface pemphigus autoantibody stimulates plasminogen activator activity of human epidermal cells. A mechanism for the loss of epidermal cohesion and blister formation.
- Anti-epidermal-cell-surface pemphigus antibody detaches viable epidermal cells from culture plates by activation of proteinase.
- Anti-inflammatory effects of inhibiting the amine oxidase activity of semicarbazide-sensitive amine oxidase.
- Antibody to VLA-4, but not to L-selectin, protects neuronal M2 muscarinic receptors in antigen-challenged guinea pig airways.
- Antibody-induced growth inhibition is mediated through immunochemically and functionally distinct epitopes on the extracellular domain of the c-erbB-2 (HER-2/neu) gene product p185.
- Antibody-induced release of cellular proteinases: loss of adhesion of human melanoma cells after binding of anti-melanoma antibody.
- Antimetastatic potential of PAI-1-specific RNA aptamers.
- Antimitotic and cytotoxic effects of theophylline in MDA-MB-231 human breast cancer cells.
- Apoptosis induction by p38 MAPK inhibitor in human colon cancer cells.
- Apoptosis occurs in isolated and banked primary mouse hepatocytes.
- Application of a Novel Murine Ear Vein Model to Evaluate the Effects of a Vascular Radioprotectant on Radiation-Induced Vascular Permeability and Leukocyte Adhesion.
- Application of total internal reflection fluorescence microscopy to study cell adhesion to biomaterials.
- Association between ICAM-1 Gly-Arg polymorphism and renal parenchymal scarring following childhood urinary tract infection.
- B-CAM/LU expression and the role of B-CAM/LU activation in binding of low- and high-density red cells to laminin in sickle cell disease.
- B-LINK: a hemicentin, plakin, and integrin-dependent adhesion system that links tissues by connecting adjacent basement membranes.
- BCL2 inhibits cell adhesion, spreading, and motility by enhancing actin polymerization.
- BCL2 interaction with actin in vitro may inhibit cell motility by enhancing actin polymerization.
- Backbone dynamics of homologous fibronectin type III cell adhesion domains from fibronectin and tenascin.
- Balance of Irgm protein activities determines IFN-gamma-induced host defense.
- Basement membrane sliding and targeted adhesion remodels tissue boundaries during uterine-vulval attachment in Caenorhabditis elegans.
- Basic fibroblast growth factor downregulates Bcl-2 and promotes apoptosis in MCF-7 human breast cancer cells.
- Beyond hydroxyurea: new and old drugs in the pipeline for sickle cell disease.
- Binding of hexabrachion (tenascin) to the extracellular matrix and substratum and its effect on cell adhesion.
- Bioactive hydrogel substrates: probing leukocyte receptor-ligand interactions in parallel plate flow chamber studies.
- Bioactive surface modification of metal oxides via catechol-bearing modular peptides: multivalent-binding, surface retention, and peptide bioactivity.
- Biocompatibility studies of functionalized regioregular poly(3-hexylthiophene) layers for sensing applications.
- Biologic and biochemical activities of continuous macrophage cell lines P388D1 and J774.1.
- Blebbistatin, a novel inhibitor of myosin II ATPase activity, increases aqueous humor outflow facility in perfused enucleated porcine eyes.
- Bovine serum albumin conformation on methyl and amine functionalized surfaces compared by scanning force microscopy.
- Bromelain treatment alters leukocyte expression of cell surface molecules involved in cellular adhesion and activation.
- Bromelain treatment decreases neutrophil migration to sites of inflammation.
- Bromelain treatment of human T cells removes CD44, CD45RA, E2/MIC2, CD6, CD7, CD8, and Leu 8/LAM1 surface molecules and markedly enhances CD2-mediated T cell activation.
- CD4 binding to major histocompatibility complex class II antigens induces LFA-1-dependent and -independent homotypic adhesion of B lymphocytes.
- CD44--a molecule involved in leukocyte adherence and T-cell activation.
- CD45 mAb induces cell adhesion in peripheral blood mononuclear cells via lymphocyte function-associated antigen-1 (LFA-1) and intercellular cell adhesion molecule 1 (ICAM-1).
- CDK5 regulates cell adhesion and migration in corneal epithelial cells.
- CHST1 and CHST2 sulfotransferase expression by vascular endothelial cells regulates shear-resistant leukocyte rolling via L-selectin.
- CX3CR1 tyrosine sulfation enhances fractalkine-induced cell adhesion.
- CXCR4 enhances adhesion of B16 tumor cells to endothelial cells in vitro and in vivo via beta(1) integrin.
- CYLD inhibits melanoma growth and progression through suppression of the JNK/AP-1 and β1-integrin signaling pathways.
- Cadherin-11 expressed in association with mesenchymal morphogenesis in the head, somite, and limb bud of early mouse embryos.
- Calcium-dependent and calcium-independent adhesive mechanisms are present during initial binding events of neural retina cells.
- Calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase kinase 2 regulates macrophage-mediated inflammatory responses.
- Carbonic anhydrase and CO2 sensing during Cryptococcus neoformans growth, differentiation, and virulence.
- Cardiopulmonary bypass induces leukocyte-platelet adhesion.
- Cell adhesion in epidermal development and barrier formation.
- Cell adhesion in morphogenesis.
- Cell adhesion molecule L1 in folded (horseshoe) and extended conformations.
- Cell adhesion to fibronectin and tenascin: quantitative measurements of initial binding and subsequent strengthening response.
- Cell adhesion to fibronectin and tenascin: quantitative measurements of initial binding and subsequent strengthening response.
- Cell adhesion: separation of p120's powers?
- Cell binding specificity of mouse R-cadherin and chromosomal mapping of the gene.
- Cell cycle inhibition preserves endothelial function in genetically engineered rabbit vein grafts.
- Cell recognition processes in the differentiation of embryonic sea urchins.
- Cell- and heparin-binding domains of the hexabrachion arm identified by tenascin expression proteins.
- Cell-Compatible, Site-Specific Covalent Modification of Hydrogel Scaffolds Enables User-Defined Control over Cell-Material Interactions.
- Cell-cell adhesions and cell contractility are upregulated upon desmosome disruption.
- Cell-internalization SELEX: method for identifying cell-internalizing RNA aptamers for delivering siRNAs to target cells.
- Cell-surface co-receptors: emerging roles in signaling and human disease.
- Cellular adhesion and proliferative responses of neonatal human lymphocytes to pig endothelial cells.
- Cellular adhesion and the endothelium: E-selectin, L-selectin, and pan-selectin inhibitors.
- Cellular and molecular mechanisms of pomegranate juice-induced anti-metastatic effect on prostate cancer cells.
- Cellular migration and invasion uncoupled: increased migration is not an inexorable consequence of epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition.
- Changes in the pattern of adherens junction-associated beta-catenin accompany morphogenesis in the sea urchin embryo.
- Characterization and optimization of RGD-containing silk blends to support osteoblastic differentiation.
- Characterization of a sudden expansion flow chamber to study the response of endothelium to flow recirculation.
- Characterization of skin cytokines in bullous pemphigoid and pemphigus vulgaris.
- Characterization of the role of cadherin in regulating cell adhesion during sea urchin development.
- Characterization of vitreoretinal interface disorders using OCT in the interventional phase 3 trials of ocriplasmin.
- Circulating mitochondria in organ donors promote allograft rejection.
- Citrullination of fibronectin alters integrin clustering and focal adhesion stability promoting stromal cell invasion.
- Cloning, mapping, and characterization of activated leukocyte-cell adhesion molecule (ALCAM), a CD6 ligand.
- Clustered cancer cells show a distinct adhesion behavior from single cell form under physiological shear conditions.
- Clusterin promotes the aggregation and adhesion of renal porcine epithelial cells.
- Co-assembling peptides as defined matrices for endothelial cells.
- Colorectal cancer metastasis determined by carbohydrate-mediated cell adhesion: role of sialyl-LeX antigens.
- Combinations of DIPs and Dprs control organization of olfactory receptor neuron terminals in Drosophila.
- Common gamma chain cytokines promote rapid in vitro expansion of allo-specific human CD8+ suppressor T cells.
- Common genetic variants on 5p14.1 associate with autism spectrum disorders.
- Common mechanisms underlying refractive error identified in functional analysis of gene lists from genome-wide association study results in 2 European British cohorts.
- Comparison of human eosinophil and neutrophil adhesion to endothelial cells under nonstatic conditions. Role of L-selectin.
- Computational models of cancer cell transport through the microcirculation.
- Contextual tumor suppressor function of T cell death-associated gene 8 (TDAG8) in hematological malignancies.
- Control of Skeletal Muscle Cell Growth and Size Through Adhesion GPCRs.
- Control of mesenchymal stem cell phenotype and differentiation depending on cell adhesion mechanism.
- Copine A Interacts with Actin Filaments and Plays a Role in Chemotaxis and Adhesion.
- Covalent immobilization of stem cell factor and stromal derived factor 1α for in vitro culture of hematopoietic progenitor cells.
- Covalently immobilized gradients of bFGF on hydrogel scaffolds for directed cell migration.
- Covalently-immobilized vascular endothelial growth factor promotes endothelial cell tubulogenesis in poly(ethylene glycol) diacrylate hydrogels.
- Creating cellular patterns using genetically engineered, gold- and cell-binding polypeptides.
- Creation of human tumour cells with defined genetic elements.
- Crosslinked hyaluronic acid hydrogels: a strategy to functionalize and pattern
- Cryptococcal cell morphology affects host cell interactions and pathogenicity.
- Culture of hepatocytes on fructose-modified chitosan scaffolds.
- Culture of primary rat hepatocytes within porous chitosan scaffolds.
- Decreased E-cadherin expression correlates with higher stage of Wilms' tumors.
- Decreased synthesis of matrix metalloproteinase-7 and adhesion to the extracellular matrix proteins of human colon cancer cells treated with troglitazone.
- Defining fibronectin's cell adhesion synergy site by site-directed mutagenesis.
- Derangement of the endothelial glycocalyx in sepsis.
- Designing an extracellular matrix protein with enhanced mechanical stability.
- Desmoplakin controls microvilli length but not cell adhesion or keratin organization in the intestinal epithelium.
- Developing nodes of Ranvier are defined by ankyrin-G clustering and are independent of paranodal axoglial adhesion.
- Development of a YIGSR-peptide-modified polyurethaneurea to enhance endothelialization.
- Development of bioactive photocrosslinkable fibrous hydrogels.
- Developmental defects in mouse embryos lacking N-cadherin.
- Developmental expression of 2ar (osteopontin) and SPARC (osteonectin) RNA as revealed by in situ hybridization.
- Differences in leucocyte-endothelium interactions between normal and adenocarcinoma bearing tissues in response to radiation.
- Different G(i)-coupled chemoattractant receptors signal qualitatively different functions in human neutrophils.
- Differential DNA methylation patterns in human Schlemm's canal endothelial cells with glaucoma.
- Differential adhesion of rat colon carcinoma cells to fibronectin in relation to their tumorigenicity.
- Differential expression of galectin-1 and its interactions with cells and laminins in the intervertebral disc.
- Differential osteopontin expression in phenotypically distinct subclones of murine breast cancer cells mediates metastatic behavior.
- Direct-contact co-culture between smooth muscle and endothelial cells inhibits TNF-alpha-mediated endothelial cell activation.
- Display of cell surface sites for fibronectin assembly is modulated by cell adherence to (1)F3 and C-terminal modules of fibronectin.
- Disrupting the vicious cycle created by NOX activation in sickle erythrocytes exposed to hypoxia/reoxygenation prevents adhesion and vasoocclusion.
- Disruption of dystroglycan-laminin interactions modulates water uptake by astrocytes.
- Dissecting cell adhesion cross-talk with micropatterns.
- Downregulation of TSLC1 and DAL-1 expression occurs frequently in breast cancer.
- Drosophila RhoA regulates the cytoskeleton and cell-cell adhesion in the developing epidermis.
- Drosophila betaHeavy-spectrin is essential for development and contributes to specific cell fates in the eye.
- Drosophila p120catenin plays a supporting role in cell adhesion but is not an essential adherens junction component.
- Dual inhibition of αV integrins and Src kinase activity as a combination therapy strategy for colorectal cancer.
- Dual roles of tight junction-associated protein, zonula occludens-1, in sphingosine 1-phosphate-mediated endothelial chemotaxis and barrier integrity.
- Dynamic adhesion of umbilical cord blood endothelial progenitor cells under laminar shear stress.
- Dynamic seeding of perfusing human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs) onto dual-function cell adhesion ligands: Arg-Gly-Asp (RGD)-streptavidin and biotinylated fibronectin.
- E-selectin can mediate the arrest type of adhesion of colon cancer cells under physiological shear flow.
- EJ-Ras inhibits phospholipase C gamma 1 but not actin polymerization induced by platelet-derived growth factor-BB via phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase.
- Early onset preeclampsia in a model for human placental trophoblast.
- Echinonectin: a new embryonic substrate adhesion protein.
- Ectoderm cell--ECM interaction is essential for sea urchin embryo skeletogenesis.
- Effect of contact time and force on monocyte adhesion to vascular endothelium.
- Effect of fibronectin amount and conformation on the strength of endothelial cell adhesion to HEMA/EMA copolymers.
- Effect of loading with clopidogrel at the time of coronary stenting on platelet aggregation and glycoprotein IIb/IIIa expression and platelet-leukocyte aggregate formation.
- Effect of propranolol as antiadhesive therapy in sickle cell disease.
- Effect of receptor-ligand affinity on the strength of endothelial cell adhesion.
- Effect of streptavidin RGD mutant on the adhesion of endothelial cells.
- Effect of streptavidin affinity mutants on the integrin-independent adhesion of biotinylated endothelial cells.
- Effect of streptavidin-biotin on endothelial vasoregulation and leukocyte adhesion.
- Effect of the conformation and orientation of adsorbed fibronectin on endothelial cell spreading and the strength of adhesion.
- Effect of uniaxial, cyclic stretch on the morphology of monocytes/macrophages in culture.
- Effects of pharmacologic inhibition of protein geranylgeranyltransferase type I on aqueous humor outflow through the trabecular meshwork.
- Effects of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1-specific RNA aptamers on cell adhesion, motility, and tube formation.
- Effects of recirculating flow on U-937 cell adhesion to human umbilical vein endothelial cells.
- Efficient dendritic cell priming of T lymphocytes depends on the extracellular matrix protein mindin.
- Efficient lymphocyte migration across high endothelial venules of mouse Peyer's patches requires overlapping expression of L-selectin and beta7 integrin.
- Ena/VASP proteins regulate activated T-cell trafficking by promoting diapedesis during transendothelial migration.
- Endogenous presenilin 1 redistributes to the surface of lamellipodia upon adhesion of Jurkat cells to a collagen matrix.
- Endothelial cell growth on oxygen-containing films deposited by radio-frequency plasmas: the role of surface carbonyl groups.
- Endothelial cell-surface tissue transglutaminase inhibits neutrophil adhesion by binding and releasing nitric oxide.
- Endothelial cells adhere to the RGD domain and the fibrinogen-like terminal knob of tenascin.
- Endothelialization of microporous YIGSR/PEG-modified polyurethaneurea.
- Engineering the cell-material interface for controlling stem cell adhesion, migration, and differentiation.
- Enhanced Schwann cell attachment and alignment using one-pot "dual click" GRGDS and YIGSR derivatized nanofibers.
- Enhancing Schwann cell migration using concentration gradients of laminin-derived peptides.
- EphB2 receptor controls proliferation/migration dichotomy of glioblastoma by interacting with focal adhesion kinase.
- Epidermal growth factor (EGF)-like transforming growth factor (TGF) activity and EGF receptors in ovine fetal tissues: possible role for TGF in ovine fetal development.
- Epidermal keratinocytes express the adhesion molecule intercellular adhesion molecule-1 in inflammatory dermatoses.
- Epinephrine acts through erythroid signaling pathways to activate sickle cell adhesion to endothelium via LW-alphavbeta3 interactions.
- Epinephrine-induced activation of LW-mediated sickle cell adhesion and vaso-occlusion in vivo.
- Erythrocyte adhesion in sickle cell disease.
- Erythrocyte adhesion receptors: blood group antigens and related molecules.
- Erythrocyte plasma membrane-bound ERK1/2 activation promotes ICAM-4-mediated sickle red cell adhesion to endothelium.
- Estimating the probability of polyreactive antibodies 4E10 and 2F5 disabling a gp41 trimer after T cell-HIV adhesion.
- Evaluation of late outgrowth endothelial progenitor cell and umbilical vein endothelial cell responses to thromboresistant collagen-mimetic hydrogels.
- Evidence for multiple roles for grainyhead-like 2 in the establishment and maintenance of human mucociliary airway epithelium.[corrected].
- Evidence for preferential adhesion of ovarian epithelial carcinoma cells to type I collagen mediated by the alpha2beta1 integrin.
- Evolving the use of peptides as components of biomaterials
- Ex vivo glycan engineering of CD44 programs human multipotent mesenchymal stromal cell trafficking to bone.
- Exome sequencing of gastric adenocarcinoma identifies recurrent somatic mutations in cell adhesion and chromatin remodeling genes.
- Expression of CXC chemokine receptor-4 enhances the pulmonary metastatic potential of murine B16 melanoma cells.
- Expression of intercellular adhesion molecule (ICAM)-1 or ICAM-2 is critical in determining sensitivity of pancreatic cancer cells to cytolysis by human gammadelta-T cells: implications in the design of gammadelta-T-cell-based immunotherapies for pancreatic cancer.
- Expression of transforming growth factor beta (TGFbeta) type III receptor restores autocrine TGFbeta1 activity in human breast cancer MCF-7 cells.
- Expression, distribution, and biochemistry of human CD39. Role in activation-associated homotypic adhesion of lymphocytes.
- Extracellular annexin II.
- Extraction force and cortical tissue reaction of silicon microelectrode arrays implanted in the rat brain.
- FIGQY phosphorylation defines discrete populations of L1 cell adhesion molecules at sites of cell-cell contact and in migrating neurons.
- FRA1 promotes squamous cell carcinoma growth and metastasis through distinct AKT and c-Jun dependent mechanisms.
- FRAP analysis reveals stabilization of adhesion structures in the epidermis compared to cultured keratinocytes.
- Fabrication of 3D hepatic tissues by additive photopatterning of cellular hydrogels.
- Factors influencing the nonuniform localization of monocytes in the arterial wall.
- Feasibility of vitrification as a storage method for tissue-engineered blood vessels.
- Fetal brain subdivisions defined by R- and E-cadherin expressions: evidence for the role of cadherin activity in region-specific, cell-cell adhesion.
- Fibronectin Extra Domain A Promotes Liver Sinusoid Repair following Hepatectomy.
- Fibronectin and avidin-biotin as a heterogeneous ligand system for enhanced endothelial cell adhesion.
- Fibulin-2 is a driver of malignant progression in lung adenocarcinoma.
- Flow and high affinity binding affect the elastic modulus of the nucleus, cell body and the stress fibers of endothelial cells.
- Flow cytometric analysis of intercellular adhesion between B-cell precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemic cells and bone marrow stromal cells.
- Focal adhesion integrity is downregulated by the alternatively spliced domain of human tenascin.
- Force fluctuations in three-dimensional suspended fibroblasts.
- Forces for morphogenesis investigated with laser microsurgery and quantitative modeling.
- Fractalkine and CX3CR1 mediate a novel mechanism of leukocyte capture, firm adhesion, and activation under physiologic flow.
- Functional alterations of macrophages in autoimmune MRL-lpr/lpr mice.
- GABA and neuroligin signaling: linking synaptic activity and adhesion in inhibitory synapse development.
- Galpha12 and Galpha13 negatively regulate the adhesive functions of cadherin.
- Gene deletion screen for cardiomyopathy in adult Drosophila identifies a new notch ligand.
- Gene expression changes and signaling events associated with the direct antimelanoma effect of IFN-gamma.
- Genetic association study of exfoliation syndrome identifies a protective rare variant at LOXL1 and five new susceptibility loci.
- Gleevec, an Abl family inhibitor, produces a profound change in cell shape and migration.
- Glutaminase 2 negatively regulates the PI3K/AKT signaling and shows tumor suppression activity in human hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Glycolipid depletion using a ceramide analogue (PDMP) alters growth, adhesion, and membrane lipid organization in human A431 cells.
- Glypican-4 regulated actin cytoskeletal reorganization in glucocorticoid treated trabecular meshwork cells and involvement of Wnt/PCP signaling.
- Graft-versus-host disease: the viewpoint from the donor T cell.
- Growth of mesenchymal stem cells on electrospun type I collagen nanofibers.
- Gαs proteins activate p72(Syk) and p60-c-Src tyrosine kinases to mediate sickle red blood cell adhesion to endothelium via LW-αvβ3 and CD44-CD44 interactions.
- HDAC6 deacetylation of tubulin modulates dynamics of cellular adhesions.
- HIV-1 infection of human T lymphocytes results in enhanced alpha 5 beta 1 integrin expression.
- Hemodynamics simulation and identification of susceptible sites of atherosclerotic lesion formation in a model abdominal aorta.
- Herpes simplex virus (HSV)-mediated ICAM-1 gene transfer abrogates tumorigenicity and induces anti-tumor immunity.
- Heterogeneity and probabilistic binding contributions to receptor-mediated cell detachment kinetics.
- Heterologous immunity triggered by a single, latent virus in Mus musculus: combined costimulation- and adhesion- blockade decrease rejection.
- Heterotropic modulation of selectin affinity by allosteric antibodies affects leukocyte rolling.
- High-affinity augmentation of endothelial cell attachment: long-term effects on focal contact and actin filament formation.
- High-content profiling of cell responsiveness to graded substrates based on combinyatorially variant polymers.
- High-throughput flow cytometry screening reveals a role for junctional adhesion molecule a as a cancer stem cell maintenance factor.
- Host response to microgel coatings on neural electrodes implanted in the brain.
- Human leukemia cell lines with comparable receptor binding characteristics but different phenotypic responses to phorbol diesters.
- Human thymocytes bind to autologous and allogeneic thymic epithelial cells in vitro.
- Hydrogel Design of Experiments Methodology to Optimize Hydrogel for iPSC-NPC Culture
- ICAM-1-mediated, Src- and Pyk2-dependent vascular endothelial cadherin tyrosine phosphorylation is required for leukocyte transendothelial migration.
- IGF1R as a Key Target in High Risk, Metastatic Medulloblastoma.
- IL-2-dependent tuning of NK cell sensitivity for target cells is controlled by regulatory T cells.
- IL26, a Noncanonical Mediator of DNA Inflammatory Stimulation, Promotes TNBC Engraftment and Progression in Association with Neutrophils.
- Id proteins synchronize stemness and anchorage to the niche of neural stem cells.
- Identification of a novel cell attachment domain in the HIV-1 Tat protein and its 90-kDa cell surface binding protein.
- Identification of genes from the fungal pathogen Cryptococcus neoformans related to transmigration into the central nervous system.
- Identification of novel mediators of NF-kappaB through genome-wide survey of monocyte adherence-induced genes.
- Identification of the ligand-binding domains of CD22, a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily that uniquely binds a sialic acid-dependent ligand.
- Identifying constitutive and context-specific molecular-tension-sensitive protein recruitment within focal adhesions.
- Identifying new small molecule anti-invasive compounds for glioma treatment.
- Imaging deformation of adherent cells due to shear stress using quantitative phase imaging.
- Imaging of cell/substrate contacts on polymers by total internal reflection fluorescence microscopy.
- Immune-inflammation gene signatures in endometriosis patients.
- Impact of polymer-bound iodine on fibronectin adsorption and osteoblast cell morphology in radiopaque medical polymers: tyrosine-derived polycarbonate blends as a model system.
- Impaired adenosine-5'-triphosphate release from red blood cells promotes their adhesion to endothelial cells: a mechanism of hypoxemia after transfusion.
- Impaired cytoadherence of Plasmodium falciparum-infected erythrocytes containing sickle hemoglobin.
- Impaired macrophage function underscores susceptibility to Salmonella in mice lacking Irgm1 (LRG-47).
- Improving endothelial cell adhesion to vascular graft surfaces: clinical need and strategies.
- In vitro biological activities of echinonectin.
- In vitro functional testing of endothelial progenitor cells that overexpress thrombomodulin.
- In vivo imaging of specialized bone marrow endothelial microdomains for tumour engraftment.
- In vivo performance of dual ligand augmented endothelialized expanded polytetrafluoroethylene vascular grafts.
- Increased adhesion of erythrocytes to endothelial cells in diabetes mellitus.
- Increased adhesion of neutrophils to retinal vascular endothelial cells exposed to hyperosmolarity.
- Increased content of an endogenous lactose-binding lectin in human colorectal carcinoma progressed to metastatic stages.
- Increased expression of S100A6 is associated with decreased metastasis and inhibition of cell migration and anchorage independent growth in human osteosarcoma.
- Increased expression of alpha 4 beta 1 and alpha 5 beta 1 integrins on HTLV-I-infected lymphocytes.
- Inflammation and cardiopulmonary bypass.
- Ingression of primary mesenchyme cells of the sea urchin embryo: a precisely timed epithelial mesenchymal transition
- Inhibition of endothelial activation: a new way to treat cerebral malaria?
- Inhibition of radiation-induced up-regulation of leukocyte adhesion to endothelial cells with the platelet-activating factor inhibitor, BN52021.
- Inhibition of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt/mammalian target of rapamycin pathway but not the MEK/ERK pathway attenuates laminin-mediated small cell lung cancer cellular survival and resistance to imatinib mesylate or chemotherapy.
- Integrative analyses reveal signaling pathways underlying familial breast cancer susceptibility.
- Integrin acts upstream of netrin signaling to regulate formation of the anchor cell's invasive membrane in C. elegans.
- Integrin functions play a key role in the differentiation of thymocytes in vivo.
- Integrin interactions with immobilized peptides in polyethylene glycol diacrylate hydrogels.
- Integrin involvement in freeze resistance of androgen-insensitive prostate cancer.
- Interaction of Galpha 12 and Galpha 13 with the cytoplasmic domain of cadherin provides a mechanism for beta -catenin release.
- Interaction of apolipoprotein E with laminin increases neuronal adhesion and alters neurite morphology.
- Interaction of retinal glial cells with collagen matrices: implications for pathogenesis of cell-mediated vitreous traction.
- Interendothelial claudin-5 expression depends on cerebral endothelial cell-matrix adhesion by β(1)-integrins.
- Interleukin-6 protects liver against warm ischemia/reperfusion injury and promotes hepatocyte proliferation in the rodent.
- Intracellular osteopontin (iOPN) and immunity.
- Involvement of histocompatibility antigens in embryonic cell recognition events.
- Isolated trout liver cells: establishing short-term primary cultures exhibiting cell-to-cell interactions.
- Isolation and chromosomal localization of cDNAs encoding a novel human lymphocyte cell surface molecule, LAM-1. Homology with the mouse lymphocyte homing receptor and other human adhesion proteins.
- Knockdown of mouse VCAM-1 by vector-based siRNA.
- L- and P-selectins, but not CD49d (VLA-4) integrins, mediate monocyte initial attachment to TNF-alpha-activated vascular endothelium under flow in vitro.
- L-selectin and ICAM-1 mediate reperfusion injury and neutrophil adhesion in the warm ischemic mouse liver.
- L-selectin can mediate leukocyte rolling in untreated mesenteric venules in vivo independent of E- or P-selectin.
- L-selectin dimerization enhances tether formation to properly spaced ligand.
- L-selectin shedding does not regulate human neutrophil attachment, rolling, or transmigration across human vascular endothelium in vitro.
- L-selectin shedding is activated specifically within transmigrating pseudopods of monocytes to regulate cell polarity in vitro.
- L-selectin-deficient mice have impaired leukocyte recruitment into inflammatory sites.
- LAD-1, the Caenorhabditis elegans L1CAM homologue, participates in embryonic and gonadal morphogenesis and is a substrate for fibroblast growth factor receptor pathway-dependent phosphotyrosine-based signaling.
- LW protein: a promiscuous integrin receptor activated by adrenergic signaling.
- Laminin and epithelial cell attachment.
- Laminin mediates tethering and spreading of colon cancer cells in physiological shear flow.
- Laser-scanning lithography (LSL) for the soft lithographic patterning of cell-adhesive self-assembled monolayers.
- Lectin and epidermal growth factor domains of P-selectin at physiologic density are the recognition unit for leukocyte binding.
- Leukocyte adhesion molecule-1 (LAM-1, L-selectin) interacts with an inducible endothelial cell ligand to support leukocyte adhesion.
- Leukocyte interactions with vascular endothelium. New insights into selectin-mediated attachment and rolling.
- Leukocyte rolling on P-selectin: a three-dimensional numerical study of the effect of cytoplasmic viscosity.
- Leukocyte rolling velocities and migration are optimized by cooperative L-selectin and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 functions.
- Leukocyte-capillary plugging and network resistance are increased in skeletal muscle of rats with streptozotocin-induced hyperglycemia.
- Lifitegrast, a Novel Integrin Antagonist for Treatment of Dry Eye Disease.
- Ligation of MHC class I and class II molecules can lead to heterologous desensitization of signal transduction pathways that regulate homotypic adhesion in human lymphocytes.
- Linoleic acid increases monocyte deformation and adhesion to endothelium.
- Loss of KAI1 expression in the progression of colorectal cancer.
- Lovastatin-induced cytoskeletal reorganization in lens epithelial cells: role of Rho GTPases.
- Lung epithelial cell-released nitric oxide protects against PMN-mediated cell injury.
- Lymphocyte phenotypes in wild-caught rats suggest potential mechanisms underlying increased immune sensitivity in post-industrial environments.
- MEGF10 and MEGF11 mediate homotypic interactions required for mosaic spacing of retinal neurons.
- MEK inhibitors, novel anti-adhesive molecules, reduce sickle red blood cell adhesion in vitro and in vivo, and vasoocclusion in vivo.
- MEK1/2 inhibitors reverse acute vascular occlusion in mouse models of sickle cell disease.
- MIG-10 (Lamellipodin) stabilizes invading cell adhesion to basement membrane and is a negative transcriptional target of EGL-43 in C. elegans.
- MRCK-1 Drives Apical Constriction in C. elegans by Linking Developmental Patterning to Force Generation.
- Mechanical feedback through E-cadherin promotes direction sensing during collective cell migration.
- Mechanisms of pertussis toxin-induced myelomonocytic cell adhesion: role of Mac-1(CD11b/CD18) and urokinase receptor (CD87).
- Mechanotransmission in endothelial cells subjected to oscillatory and multi-directional shear flow.
- Medulloblastoma cell-substrate interaction in vitro.
- Membrane abnormalities of Huntington's chorea fibroblasts in culture.
- Merlin facilitates ubiquitination and degradation of transactivation-responsive RNA-binding protein.
- Mesenchymal stem cells use integrin beta1 not CXC chemokine receptor 4 for myocardial migration and engraftment.
- Methods for embryo dissociation and analysis of cell adhesion.
- Micro-RNA-181a regulates osteopontin-dependent metastatic function in hepatocellular cancer cell lines.
- Micro-scale and meso-scale architectural cues cooperate and compete to direct aligned tissue formation.
- Micropatterning of poly(ethylene glycol) diacrylate hydrogels with biomolecules to regulate and guide endothelial morphogenesis.
- Micropatterning of poly(ethylene glycol) diacrylate hydrogels.
- Microporous annealed particle hydrogel stiffness, void space size, and adhesion properties impact cell proliferation, cell spreading, and gene transfer.
- Mineralized synthetic matrices as an instructive microenvironment for osteogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells.
- Mitogenesis, cell migration, and loss of focal adhesions induced by tenascin-C interacting with its cell surface receptor, annexin II.
- Mitogenic and adhesive effects of tenascin-C on human hematopoietic cells are mediated by various functional domains.
- Mn porphyrins as a novel treatment targeting sickle cell NOXs to reverse and prevent acute vaso-occlusion in vivo.
- Modeling early stage atherosclerosis in a primary human vascular microphysiological system.
- Modeling the Early Steps of Ovarian Cancer Dissemination in an Organotypic Culture of the Human Peritoneal Cavity.
- Modification of Poly(propylene fumarate)-Bioglass Composites with Peptide Conjugates to Enhance Bioactivity.
- Modification of integrin-mediated cell attachment to substrata by serine proteinases in the presence and absence of divalent cations.
- Modification of polyurethaneurea with PEG and YIGSR peptide to enhance endothelialization without platelet adhesion.
- Modification of surfaces with cell adhesion peptides alters extracellular matrix deposition.
- Modulation of aqueous humor outflow facility by the Rho kinase-specific inhibitor Y-27632.
- Molecular characterization of hypoxia-hypothermia-conditioned human endothelial cells and their interaction with human monocytes.
- Molecular interactions of B-CAM (basal-cell adhesion molecule) and laminin in epithelial skin cancer.
- Molecular mapping of functional domains of the leukocyte receptor for endothelium, LAM-1.
- Monocyte adhesion in patients with bone marrow fibrosis is required for the production of fibrogenic cytokines. Potential role for interleukin-1 and TGF-beta.
- Monocyte attachment to activated human vascular endothelium in vitro is mediated by leukocyte adhesion molecule-1 (L-selectin) under nonstatic conditions.
- Monocyte rolling, arrest and spreading on IL-4-activated vascular endothelium under flow is mediated via sequential action of L-selectin, beta 1-integrins, and beta 2-integrins.
- Mouse germ cell clusters form by aggregation as well as clonal divisions.
- Mouse liver cell culture. II. Primary culture.
- Movement characteristics of bovine epididymal spermatozoa: effects of forward motility protein and epididymal maturation.
- Multifactorial optimization of endothelial cell growth using modular synthetic extracellular matrices.
- Mutational analysis of the fractalkine chemokine domain. Basic amino acid residues differentially contribute to CX3CR1 binding, signaling, and cell adhesion.
- Mylar and Teflon-AF as cell culture substrates for studying endothelial cell adhesion.
- NDP-MSH inhibits neutrophil migration through nicotinic and adrenergic receptors in experimental peritonitis.
- NEDD9 Is a Novel and Modifiable Mediator of Platelet-Endothelial Adhesion in the Pulmonary Circulation.
- NF-kappa B as a central mediator in the induction of TGF-beta in monocytes from patients with idiopathic myelofibrosis: an inflammatory response beyond the realm of homeostasis.
- Nanopatterned polymer brushes: conformation, fabrication and applications.
- Nanoscale neuro-integrative coatings for neural implants.
- Negative regulation of Armadillo, a Wingless effector in Drosophila.
- Neuronal cell attachment to fluorinated ethylene propylene films with covalently immobilized laminin oligopeptides YIGSR and IKVAV. II.
- Neuronal-glial interactions: complexity of neurite outgrowth correlates with substrate adhesivity of serotonergic neurons.
- Neutrophil margination, sequestration, and emigration in the lungs of L-selectin-deficient mice.
- Neutrophils, monocytes, and lymphocytes bind to cytokine-activated kidney glomerular endothelial cells through L-selectin (LAM-1) in vitro.
- New functions and signaling mechanisms for the class of adhesion G protein-coupled receptors.
- New murine cell line derived from a spontaneous lung tumor induces paraneoplastic syndromes.
- Nitric oxide loading reduces sickle red cell adhesion and vaso-occlusion in vivo.
- Nitric oxide-dependent osteopontin expression induces metastatic behavior in HepG2 cells.
- Nitric oxide-generating hydrogels inhibit neointima formation.
- Nitric oxide-releasing polyurethane-PEG copolymer containing the YIGSR peptide promotes endothelialization with decreased platelet adhesion.
- Noncentrosomal microtubules and type II myosins potentiate epidermal cell adhesion and barrier formation.
- Nonmuscle myosin II is required for cell proliferation, cell sheet adhesion and wing hair morphology during wing morphogenesis.
- Normal human bone marrow precursors that express terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase include T-cell precursors and possible lymphoid stem cells.
- Novel epinephrine and cyclic AMP-mediated activation of BCAM/Lu-dependent sickle (SS) RBC adhesion.
- Novel molecular insights into RhoA GTPase-induced resistance to aqueous humor outflow through the trabecular meshwork.
- Novel thiazole based heterocycles as inhibitors of LFA-1/ICAM-1 mediated cell adhesion.
- On the role of calcium in the adhesion of embryonic sea urchin cells.
- Optic nerve tissue sections derived from myelin-deficient mutant mice as culture substrata for fibroblast adhesion and spreading.
- Osteopontin increases CD44 expression and cell adhesion in RAW 264.7 murine leukemia cells.
- Osteopontin-dependent CD44v6 expression and cell adhesion in HepG2 cells.
- Overexpression of cell surface cytokeratin 8 in multidrug-resistant MCF-7/MX cells enhances cell adhesion to the extracellular matrix.
- Overexpression of urokinase-type plasminogen activator in pancreatic adenocarcinoma is regulated by constitutively activated RelA.
- Overlapping roles for L-selectin and P-selectin in antigen-induced immune responses in the microvasculature.
- Oxidized low density lipoprotein impairs endothelial progenitor cells by regulation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase.
- P- and L-selectin mediate distinct but overlapping functions in endotoxin-induced leukocyte-endothelial interactions in the rat mesenteric microcirculation.
- P-Selectin mediates reperfusion injury through neutrophil and platelet sequestration in the warm ischemic mouse liver.
- PECAM-1 dampens cytokine levels during LPS-induced endotoxemia by regulating leukocyte trafficking.
- PECAM-1: conflicts of interest in inflammation.
- PECAM-1: regulator of endothelial junctional integrity.
- PEGDA hydrogels with patterned elasticity: Novel tools for the study of cell response to substrate rigidity.
- PSCA polymorphisms and gastric cancer susceptibility in an eastern Chinese population.
- Palladin is an actin cross-linking protein that uses immunoglobulin-like domains to bind filamentous actin.
- Partial suppression of anchorage-independent growth and tumorigenicity in immunodeficient mice by transfection of the H-2 class I gene H-2Ld into a human colon cancer cell line (HCT).
- Patterning cells in highly deformable microstructures: effect of plastic deformation of substrate on cellular phenotype and gene expression.
- Peptide interfacial biomaterials improve endothelial cell adhesion and spreading on synthetic polyglycolic acid materials.
- Perspective on Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transitions in Embryos.
- Photocrosslinkable polyvinyl alcohol hydrogels that can be modified with cell adhesion peptides for use in tissue engineering.
- Platelet-derived CD154: ultrastructural localization and clinical correlation in organ transplantation.
- Platelet-derived or soluble CD154 induces vascularized allograft rejection independent of cell-bound CD154.
- Poly(ethylene glycol) hydrogel system supports preadipocyte viability, adhesion, and proliferation.
- Potential role for statins in sickle cell disease.
- Preventing stem cell incorporation into choroidal neovascularization by targeting homing and attachment factors.
- Priapism, hemoglobin desaturation, and red blood cell adhesion in men with sickle cell anemia.
- Protease-degradable PEG-maleimide coating with on-demand release of IL-1Ra to improve tissue response to neural electrodes.
- Protein-resistant polymer coatings on silicon oxide by surface-initiated atom transfer radical polymerization.
- Proteinase activation: a mechanism for cellular dyshesion in pemphigus.
- Proteoglycan signaling co-receptors: roles in cell adhesion, migration and invasion.
- Proteomic analysis of desmosomes reveals novel components required for epidermal integrity.
- Pseudomonas invasion of type I pneumocytes is dependent on the expression and phosphorylation of caveolin-2.
- Quantification of in vitro endothelial cell adhesion to vascular graft material.
- Quantification of neutrophil adhesion to skeletal muscle venules following ischemia-reperfusion.
- Quantitation and physiological characterization of angiogenic vessels in mice: effect of basic fibroblast growth factor, vascular endothelial growth factor/vascular permeability factor, and host microenvironment.
- Quantitation of cell area on glass and fibronectin-coated surfaces by digital image analysis.
- Quantitative analysis of variable-angle total internal reflection fluorescence microscopy (VA-TIRFM) of cell/substrate contacts.
- Quantitative measurement of cell adhesion using centrifugal force.
- Quantitative switch in integrin expression accompanies differentiation of F9 cells treated with retinoic acid.
- RHO methylation matters: a role for isoprenylcysteine carboxylmethyltransferase in cell migration and adhesion.
- RNA aptamer therapy for vaso-occlusion in sickle cell disease.
- RNA-Seq and ChIP-Seq reveal SQSTM1/p62 as a key mediator of JunB suppression of NF-κB-dependent inflammation.
- Rab11 helps maintain apical crumbs and adherens junctions in the Drosophila embryonic ectoderm.
- Rap1 GTPase is required for mouse lens epithelial maintenance and morphogenesis.
- Recapitulation and Modulation of the Cellular Architecture of a User-Chosen Cell of Interest Using Cell-Derived, Biomimetic Patterning.
- Red blood cell phenotype fidelity following glycerol cryopreservation optimized for research purposes.
- Reduced synthesis of pp60src and expression of the transformation-related phenotype in interferon-treated Rous sarcoma virus-transformed rat cells.
- Regulation of I-309 gene expression in human monocytes by endogenous interleukin-1.
- Regulation of cell-cell adhesion by Abi/Diaphanous complexes.
- Regulation of endothelial cell adherens junctions by a Ras-dependent signal transduction pathway.
- Regulation of leukocyte migration by L-selectin: mechanisms, domains and ligands.
- Regulation of leukocyte migration by activation of the leukocyte adhesion molecule-1 (LAM-1) selectin.
- Regulation of leukocyte rolling and adhesion to high endothelial venules through the cytoplasmic domain of L-selectin.
- Regulation of the fate of human mesenchymal stem cells by mechanical and stereo-topographical cues provided by silicon nanowires.
- Regulation of the tyrosine kinase-dependent adhesion pathway in human lymphocytes through CD45.
- Regulation of tyrosine kinase cascades by G-protein-coupled receptors.
- Relation between near-wall residence times of monocytes and early lesion growth in the rabbit aorto-celiac junction.
- Relationship between 3T3 cell spreading and the strength of adhesion on glass and silane surfaces.
- Relative contribution of PECAM-1 adhesion and signaling to the maintenance of vascular integrity.
- Renitrosylation of banked human red blood cells improves deformability and reduces adhesivity.
- Restoration of intracellular ATP production in banked red blood cells improves inducible ATP export and suppresses RBC-endothelial adhesion.
- RhoG regulates endothelial apical cup assembly downstream from ICAM1 engagement and is involved in leukocyte trans-endothelial migration.
- Role and regulation of sickle red cell interactions with other cells: ICAM-4 and other adhesion receptors.
- Role of Rap1 in promoting sickle red blood cell adhesion to laminin via BCAM/LU.
- Role of deformable cancer cells on wall shear stress-associated-VEGF secretion by endothelium in microvasculature.
- Role of endothelial cell-substrate contact area and fibronectin-receptor affinity in cell adhesion to HEMA/EMA copolymers.
- Role of isoprenylcysteine carboxylmethyltransferase-catalyzed methylation in Rho function and migration.
- Role of laminin in localization of human dermal mast cells.
- Roles for Ndel1 in keratin organization and desmosome function.
- Roles of adherent myogenic cells and dynamic culture in engineered muscle function and maintenance of satellite cells.
- Roles of mucus adhesion and cohesion in cough clearance.
- Rolling in P-selectin-deficient mice is reduced but not eliminated in the dorsal skin.
- SGK1 signaling promotes glucose metabolism and survival in extracellular matrix detached cells.
- SK&F 96365, a novel inhibitor of receptor-mediated calcium entry.
- Scaffold-free, Human Mesenchymal Stem Cell-Based Tissue Engineered Blood Vessels.
- Secondary lymphoid-tissue chemokine (SLC) stimulates integrin alpha 4 beta 7-mediated adhesion of lymphocytes to mucosal addressin cell adhesion molecule-1 (MAdCAM-1) under flow.
- Selective expression of stromal-derived factor-1 in the capillary vascular endothelium plays a role in Kaposi sarcoma pathogenesis.
- Selective neuronal cell attachment to a covalently patterned monoamine on fluorinated ethylene propylene films.
- Sequential contribution of L- and P-selectin to leukocyte rolling in vivo.
- Serial in vivo observations of cerebral vasculature after treatment with a large single fraction of radiation.
- Sevuparin binds to multiple adhesive ligands and reduces sickle red blood cell-induced vaso-occlusion.
- Short-term cell/substrate contact dynamics of subconfluent endothelial cells following exposure to laminar flow.
- Sickle red cells induce adhesion of lymphocytes and monocytes to endothelium.
- Smooth muscle cell growth in photopolymerized hydrogels with cell adhesive and proteolytically degradable domains: synthetic ECM analogs for tissue engineering.
- Smooth muscle cell migration and proliferation are mediated by distinct phases of activation of the intracellular messenger mitogen-activated protein kinase.
- Smooth muscle cell rigidity and extracellular matrix organization influence endothelial cell spreading and adhesion formation in coculture.
- Sok2 regulates yeast pseudohyphal differentiation via a transcription factor cascade that regulates cell-cell adhesion.
- Soluble L-selectin is present in human plasma at high levels and retains functional activity.
- Soluble monomeric P-selectin containing only the lectin and epidermal growth factor domains binds to P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 on leukocytes.
- Spatial control of neuronal cell attachment and differentiation on covalently patterned laminin oligopeptide substrates.
- Specific binding of urinary-type plasminogen activator (u-PA) to vitronectin and its role in mediating u-PA-dependent adhesion of U937 cells.
- Specific receptors for phorbol diesters on freshly isolated human myeloid and lymphoid leukemia cells: comparable binding characteristics despite different cellular responses.
- Specificity of cell adhesion: differences between normal and hybrid sea urchin cells.
- Specificity of cell-cell interactions in sea urchin embryos. Appearance of new cell-surface determinants at gastrulation.
- Stiffness of Protease Sensitive and Cell Adhesive PEG Hydrogels Promotes Neovascularization In Vivo.
- Structural analysis of a human glial variant laminin.
- Structural and functional characterization of monomeric soluble P-selectin and comparison with membrane P-selectin.
- Structural coupling of cardiomyocytes and noncardiomyocytes: quantitative comparisons using a novel micropatterned cell pair assay.
- Structure of the F-spondin domain of mindin, an integrin ligand and pattern recognition molecule.
- Sub-circuits of a gene regulatory network control a developmental epithelial-mesenchymal transition.
- Substance P and adrenocorticotropic hormone do not affect T-lymphocyte adhesion to vascular endothelium or surface expression of adhesion receptors.
- Surface antigens involved in interactions of embryonic sea urchin cells.
- Surface-tethered DNA complexes for enhanced gene delivery
- Syn-capping of human T lymphocyte adhesion/activation molecules and their redistribution during interaction with endothelial cells.
- Synergistic effect of high-affinity binding and flow preconditioning on endothelial cell adhesion.
- Synergistic effect of shear stress and streptavidin-biotin on the expression of endothelial vasodilator and cytoskeleton genes.
- Synthesis and characterization of fluoropolymeric substrata with immobilized minimal peptide sequences for cell adhesion studies. I.
- Synthetic biomimetic hydrogels incorporated with ephrin-A1 for therapeutic angiogenesis.
- TGF-β regulates LARG and GEF-H1 during EMT to affect stiffening response to force and cell invasion.
- TLR9 agonist acts by different mechanisms synergizing with bevacizumab in sensitive and cetuximab-resistant colon cancer xenografts.
- TNXB mutations can cause vesicoureteral reflux.
- Target recognition by the archenteron during sea urchin gastrulation.
- Tenascin is induced at implantation sites in the mouse uterus and interferes with epithelial cell adhesion.
- Tenascin supports lymphocyte rolling.
- Tenascin-C splice variant adhesive/anti-adhesive effects on chondrosarcoma cell attachment to fibronectin.
- Testing hypotheses for the functions of APC family proteins using null and truncation alleles in Drosophila.
- The "Stressful" Life of Cell Adhesion Molecules: On the Mechanosensitivity of Integrin Adhesome.
- The Abl family kinases: mechanisms of regulation and signaling.
- The CD19 signal transduction complex of B lymphocytes. Deletion of the CD19 cytoplasmic domain alters signal transduction but not complex formation with TAPA-1 and Leu 13.
- The CD19/CD21 signal transducing complex of human B lymphocytes includes the target of antiproliferative antibody-1 and Leu-13 molecules.
- The Lutheran glycoprotein: a multifunctional adhesion receptor.
- The NF-kappa B inhibitor, tepoxalin, suppresses surface expression of the cell adhesion molecules CD62E, CD11b/CD18 and CD106.
- The PapG tip adhesin of P fimbriae protects Escherichia coli from neutrophil bactericidal activity.
- The SHREW1 gene, frequently deleted in oligodendrogliomas, functions to inhibit cell adhesion and migration.
- The activated transforming growth factor-beta signaling pathway in peritoneal metastases is a potential therapeutic target in ovarian cancer.
- The biocompatibility of titanium cardiovascular devices seeded with autologous blood-derived endothelial progenitor cells: EPC-seeded antithrombotic Ti implants.
- The biology of chronic myelogenous leukemia:mouse models and cell adhesion.
- The cell and molecular basis of leukocyte common antigen (CD45)-triggered, lymphocyte function-associated antigen-1-/intercellular adhesion molecule-1-dependent, leukocyte adhesion.
- The chemokine CX3CL1 regulates NK cell activity in vivo.
- The cutaneous lymphocyte antigen is an essential component of the L-selectin ligand induced on human vascular endothelial cells.
- The effect of fluid shear stress upon cell adhesion to fibronectin-treated surfaces.
- The effects of hydroxycarbamide and magnesium on haemoglobin SC disease: results of the multi-centre CHAMPS trial.
- The extracellular matrix protein mindin regulates trafficking of murine eosinophils into the airspace.
- The extracellular matrix protein mindin serves as an integrin ligand and is critical for inflammatory cell recruitment.
- The fine structure of the trabecular meshwork at graded levels of intraocular pressure. (1) Pressure effects within the near-physiological range (8-30 mmHg).
- The genetic regulation of pigment cell development.
- The histology of graft adhesion in descemet stripping with endothelial keratoplasty.
- The homophilic adhesion molecule sidekick-1 contributes to augmented podocyte aggregation in HIV-associated nephropathy.
- The manganese(III) porphyrin MnTnHex-2-PyP5+ modulates intracellular ROS and breast cancer cell migration: Impact on doxorubicin-treated cells.
- The phosphorylation of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 (VEGFR-2) by engineered surfaces with electrostatically or covalently immobilized VEGF
- The protein kinase Tor1 regulates adhesin gene expression in Candida albicans.
- The receptor protein tyrosine phosphatase mu, PTPmu, regulates histogenesis of the chick retina.
- The role of Alzheimer's disease-related presenilin 1 in intercellular adhesion.
- The role of adhesion molecules in human leukocyte attachment to porcine vascular endothelium: implications for xenotransplantation.
- The role of adhesive receptor patterns on cell transport in complex microvessels.
- The role of osteopontin and osteopontin aptamer (OPN-R3) in fibroblast activity.
- The role of the specificity-determining loop of the integrin beta subunit I-like domain in autonomous expression, association with the alpha subunit, and ligand binding.
- The roles of L-selectin, beta 7 integrins, and P-selectin in leukocyte rolling and adhesion in high endothelial venules of Peyer's patches.
- The same epitope on CD22 of B lymphocytes mediates the adhesion of erythrocytes, T and B lymphocytes, neutrophils, and monocytes.
- The selectins: vascular adhesion molecules.
- The structural organization and protein composition of lens fiber junctions.
- The type III transforming growth factor-β receptor inhibits proliferation, migration, and adhesion in human myeloma cells.
- The use of immobilized osteogenic growth peptide on gradient substrates synthesized via click chemistry to enhance MC3T3-E1 osteoblast proliferation.
- The use of mild trypsinization conditions in the detachment of endothelial cells to promote subsequent endothelialization on synthetic surfaces.
- Three cell recognition changes accompany the ingression of sea urchin primary mesenchyme cells.
- Thymocyte LFA-1 and thymic epithelial cell ICAM-1 molecules mediate binding of activated human thymocytes to thymic epithelial cells.
- Thymocyte binding to human thymic epithelial cells is inhibited by monoclonal antibodies to CD-2 and LFA-3 antigens.
- Tissue-specific migration pathways by phenotypically distinct subpopulations of memory T cells.
- Tissue-specific, temporal changes in cell adhesion to echinonectin in the sea urchin embryo.
- Topology of cell adhesion molecules.
- Total internal reflection fluorescence (TIRF) microscopy. I. Modelling cell contact region fluorescence.
- Total internal reflection fluorescence microscopy (TIRFM). II. Topographical mapping of relative cell/substratum separation distances.
- Towards a Dynamic Understanding of Cadherin-Based Mechanobiology.
- Trafficking mechanisms of extracellular matrix macromolecules: insights from vertebrate development and human diseases.
- Transcriptional control of glyoxalase 1 by Nrf2 provides a stress-responsive defence against dicarbonyl glycation.
- Transmembrane signals generated through MHC class II, CD19, CD20, CD39, and CD40 antigens induce LFA-1-dependent and independent adhesion in human B cells through a tyrosine kinase-dependent pathway.
- Treatment with immunotoxin.
- Trimers of the fibronectin cell adhesion domain localize to actin filament bundles and undergo rearward translocation.
- Tunable leuko-polymersomes that adhere specifically to inflammatory markers.
- TβRIII/β-arrestin2 regulates integrin α5β1 trafficking, function, and localization in epithelial cells.
- Ultrastructural study of the corneal epithelium in the recurrent erosion syndrome.
- Ultrastructure and function of the fractalkine mucin domain in CX(3)C chemokine domain presentation.
- Update in podocyte biology: putting one's best foot forward.
- Using avidin-mediated binding to enhance initial endothelial cell attachment and spreading.
- Utilization of a soluble integrin-alkaline phosphatase chimera to characterize integrin alpha 8 beta 1 receptor interactions with tenascin: murine alpha 8 beta 1 binds to the RGD site in tenascin-C fragments, but not to native tenascin-C.
- Val-ala-pro-gly, an elastin-derived non-integrin ligand: smooth muscle cell adhesion and specificity.
- Vascular morphogenesis: tales of two syndromes.
- Vascularization of engineered tissues: approaches to promote angio-genesis in biomaterials.
- Velocity differences between L- and P-selectin-dependent neutrophil rolling in venules of mouse cremaster muscle in vivo.
- Vertebrate Lonesome Kinase Regulated Extracellular Matrix Protein Phosphorylation, Cell Shape, and Adhesion in Trabecular Meshwork Cells.
- Virological synapses allow HIV-1 uptake and gene expression in renal tubular epithelial cells.
- What's next in the pipeline.
- Whole Exome Sequencing Identifies Frequent Somatic Mutations in Cell-Cell Adhesion Genes in Chinese Patients with Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma.
- Wnt/β-catenin pathway in podocytes integrates cell adhesion, differentiation, and survival.
- YC-1-mediated vascular protection through inhibition of smooth muscle cell proliferation and platelet function.
- [Expression of presenilin 1 on the cell surface in motile polarized cells].
- [Familial Alzheimer's disease mutations in the presenilin 1 gene reduce cell-cell adhesion in transfected fibroblasts].
- [LMP-420, a new therapeutic approach for cerebral malaria?].
- alphaSU2, an epithelial integrin that binds laminin in the sea urchin embryo.
- beta(2)-Adrenergic receptor and adenylate cyclase gene polymorphisms affect sickle red cell adhesion.
- beta-Catenin protects the epidermis from mechanical stresses.
- miR-126 and miR-126* repress recruitment of mesenchymal stem cells and inflammatory monocytes to inhibit breast cancer metastasis.
- mirror controls planar polarity and equator formation through repression of fringe expression and through control of cell affinities.
- p38 signaling and receptor recycling events in a microfluidic endothelial cell adhesion assay.
- zipper Nonmuscle myosin-II functions downstream of PS2 integrin in Drosophila myogenesis and is necessary for myofibril formation.
- αB-crystallin: a novel regulator of breast cancer metastasis to the brain.
- β-Catenin-regulated myeloid cell adhesion and migration determine wound healing.
- β-arrestin deficiency protects against pulmonary fibrosis in mice and prevents fibroblast invasion of extracellular matrix.
Keywords of People
- Bejsovec, Amy, Associate Professor of Biology, Biology
- Bennett, Vann, George Barth Geller Distinguished Professor of Molecular Biology, Duke Cancer Institute
- Berchuck, Andrew, James M. Ingram Distinguished Professor of Gynecologic Oncology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology
- Cianciolo, George James, Associate Professor Emeritus of Pathology, Pathology
- Erickson, Harold Paul, James B. Duke Distinguished Professor Emeritus, Cell Biology
- Gunn, Michael Dee, Professor of Medicine, Integrative Immunobiology
- Hogan, Brigid L. M., Research Professor of Cell Biology, Cell Biology
- Kiehart, Daniel P., Professor of Biology, Duke Science & Society
- Krangel, Michael S., George Barth Geller Distinguished Professor of Immunology, Integrative Immunobiology
- Lagoo, Anand Shreeram, Professor of Pathology, Pathology
- Lechler, Terry H., Professor in Dermatology, Cell Biology
- Liu, Yutao, Adjunct Assistant Professor in the Department of Medicine, Medicine, Medical Genetics
- McLendon, Roger Edwin, Professor of Pathology, Pathology
- Milano, Carmelo Alessio, Joseph W. and Dorothy W. Beard Distinguished Professor of Experimental Surgery, Surgery, Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery
- O'Connor, Christopher Michael, Adjunct Professor in the Department of Medicine, Medicine, Clinical Pharmacology
- Palmer, Gregory M., Associate Professor of Radiation Oncology, Radiation Oncology
- Reddy, Timothy E, Associate Professor of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics,, Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
- Shinohara, Mari L., Professor of Integrative Immunobiology, Cell Biology
- Zennadi, Rahima, Associate Professor in Medicine, Pathology