Subject Areas on Research
- A comparison of the wellbeing of orphans and abandoned children ages 6-12 in institutional and community-based care settings in 5 less wealthy nations.
- Child abuse, disruptive behavior disorders, depression, and salivary cortisol levels among institutionalized and community-residing boys in Mongolia.
- Institutional rearing and psychiatric disorders in Romanian preschool children.
- Pediatrics and the unwanted child in history: foundling homes, disease, and the origins of foster care in New York City, 1860 to 1920.
- Posttraumatic stress symptoms in children and adolescents referred for child welfare investigation. A national sample of in-home and out-of-home care.
- Prevalence and Incidence of Traumatic Experiences Among Orphans in Institutional and Family-Based Settings in 5 Low- and Middle-Income Countries: A Longitudinal Study.
- Validity of evidence-derived criteria for reactive attachment disorder: indiscriminately social/disinhibited and emotionally withdrawn/inhibited types.
Keywords of People
- Whetten, Kathryn, Professor in the Sanford School of Public Policy, School of Nursing