Subject Areas on Research
- Rabbit and human liver contain a novel pentacyclic triterpene ester with acyl-CoA: cholesterol acyltransferase inhibitory activity.
- Recombinant acyl-CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase-1 (ACAT-1) purified to essential homogeneity utilizes cholesterol in mixed micelles or in vesicles in a highly cooperative manner.
- The predictive value of donor liver biopsies for the development of primary nonfunction after orthotopic liver transplantation.
- Thyroid hormone negatively regulates CDX2 and SOAT2 mRNA expression via induction of miRNA-181d in hepatic cells.
- Tissue expression studies on the mouse acyl-CoA: cholesterol acyltransferase gene (Acact): findings supporting the existence of multiple cholesterol esterification enzymes in mice.