Subject Areas on Research
- Activity-induced adaptations in skeletal muscles of iron-deficient rabbits.
- Adaptation of skeletal muscle to increased contractile activity. Expression nuclear genes encoding mitochondrial proteins.
- Differences in skeletal muscle between men and women with chronic heart failure.
- Exercise dose response in muscle.
- Interactions between sustained contractile activity and beta-adrenergic receptors in regulation of gene expression in skeletal muscles.
- Mitochondrial biogenesis in striated muscles: rapid induction of citrate synthase mRNA by nerve stimulation.
- Normal skeletal muscle Na(+)-K(+) pump concentration in patients with chronic heart failure.
- Relationships between in vivo and in vitro measurements of metabolism in young and old human calf muscles.
- Structural and functional development of cricket ring muscles.
- Subsarcolemmal and intermyofibrillar mitochondria play distinct roles in regulating skeletal muscle fatty acid metabolism.
- Thermodynamic analysis of a molecular chaperone binding to unfolded protein substrates.