Subject Areas on Research
- A Bayesian approach to joint feature selection and classifier design.
- A Phase I trial of preoperative eniluracil plus 5-fluorouracil and radiation for locally advanced or unresectable adenocarcinoma of the rectum and colon.
- A Study of Thymidylate Synthase Expression as a Biomarker for Resectable Colon Cancer: Alliance (Cancer and Leukemia Group B) 9581 and 89803.
- A cancer rainbow mouse for visualizing the functional genomics of oncogenic clonal expansion.
- A carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) binding protein from ascites influences CEA uptake by macrophages.
- A case of curative-intent hepatectomy for colon cancer metastatic to the scapula and liver.
- A comparison of antiangiogenic therapies for the prevention of liver metastases.
- A comparison of laparoscopically assisted and open colectomy for colon cancer.
- A double hit to kill tumor and endothelial cells by TRAIL and antiangiogenic 3TSR.
- A genomic approach to colon cancer risk stratification yields biologic insights into therapeutic opportunities.
- A germline mutation at the extreme 3' end of the APC gene results in a severe desmoid phenotype and is associated with overexpression of beta-catenin in the desmoid tumor.
- A metabolic signature of colon cancer initiating cells.
- A multigene prognostic assay for selection of adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with T3, stage II colon cancer: impact on quality-adjusted life expectancy and costs.
- A novel murine model of inflammatory bowel disease and inflammation-associated colon cancer with ulcerative colitis-like features.
- A phase 1 dose-escalation study of NEO-102 in patients with refractory colon and pancreatic cancer.
- A phase I trial of recombinant human interleukin-1 beta alone and in combination with myelosuppressive doses of 5-fluorouracil in patients with gastrointestinal cancer.
- A population-based comparison of adenocarcinoma of the large and small intestine: insights into a rare disease.
- A precisely regulated gene expression cassette potently modulates metastasis and survival in multiple solid cancers.
- A small-molecule inhibitor of isoprenylcysteine carboxyl methyltransferase with antitumor activity in cancer cells.
- A study of dendritic and endothelial cell interactions in colon cancer in a cell line and small mammal model.
- A usability problem: conveying health risks to consumers on the Internet.
- Absence of a relationship of size of primary colon carcinoma with metastasis and survival.
- Activated forms of H-RAS and K-RAS differentially regulate membrane association of PI3K, PDK-1, and AKT and the effect of therapeutic kinase inhibitors on cell survival.
- Active specific immunotherapy of Dukes B2 and C colorectal carcinoma: comparison of two doses of the vaccine.
- Acute decompensation after removing a central line: practical approaches to increasing safety in the intensive care unit.
- Acute pain associated with oxaliplatin infusion: case report and literature review.
- Adjuvant chemotherapy for t1 node-positive colon cancers provides significant survival benefit.
- Adjuvant postoperative radiation therapy for colonic carcinoma.
- Adolescent colorectal cancer and dioxin exposure.
- Adult Patients' Perspectives on the Benefits and Harms of Overused Screening Tests: a Qualitative Study.
- Advanced fellowship training is associated with improved lymph node retrieval in colon cancer resections.
- Advanced neoplasia in Veterans at screening colonoscopy using the National Cancer Institute Risk Assessment Tool.
- Age and comorbidity association with survival outcomes in metastatic colorectal cancer: CALGB 80405 analysis.
- Age differences in care practices and outcomes for hospitalized patients with cancer.
- Aging and neoplasia.
- Altered growth of a human neuroendocrine carcinoma line after transfection of a major histocompatibility complex class I gene.
- An informatics tool to assess colon cancer risk.
- An integrated indenter-ARFI imaging system for tissue stiffness quantification.
- Analysis of air contrast barium enema, computed tomographic colonography, and colonoscopy: prospective comparison.
- Analysis of factors associated with the tumorigenic potential of 12 tumor clones derived from a single rat colon adenocarcinoma.
- Analysis of micrometastatic disease in sentinel lymph nodes from resectable colon cancer: results of Cancer and Leukemia Group B Trial 80001.
- Analysis of the relationship between stage of differentiation and NK/LAK susceptibility of colon carcinoma cells.
- Angiogenesis, microvascular architecture, microhemodynamics, and interstitial fluid pressure during early growth of human adenocarcinoma LS174T in SCID mice.
- Antagonism between apolipoprotein AI regulatory protein 1, Ear3/COUP-TF, and hepatocyte nuclear factor 4 modulates apolipoprotein CIII gene expression in liver and intestinal cells.
- Anticolon cancer activity of largazole, a marine-derived tunable histone deacetylase inhibitor.
- Antigen retrieval, blocking, detection and visualisation systems in immunohistochemistry: a review and practical evaluation of tyramide and rolling circle amplification systems.
- Antineoplastic activity of boron-containing thymidine nucleosides in Tmolt3 leukemic cells.
- Apoptosis induction by p38 MAPK inhibitor in human colon cancer cells.
- Are metaplasias in colorectal adenomas truly metaplasias?
- Are preferences for equity over efficiency in health care allocation "all or nothing"?
- Aspirin and COX-2 inhibitor use in patients with stage III colon cancer.
- Assessing the quality of colorectal cancer care: do we have appropriate quality measures? (A systematic review of literature).
- Association Between Results of a Gene Expression Signature Assay and Recurrence-Free Interval in Patients With Stage II Colon Cancer in Cancer and Leukemia Group B 9581 (Alliance).
- Association of CHFR promoter methylation with disease recurrence in locally advanced colon cancer.
- Association of Inflammatory Biomarkers With Survival Among Patients With Stage III Colon Cancer.
- Association of Survival With Adherence to the American Cancer Society Nutrition and Physical Activity Guidelines for Cancer Survivors After Colon Cancer Diagnosis: The CALGB 89803/Alliance Trial.
- Association of TP53 mutational status and gender with survival after adjuvant treatment for stage III colon cancer: results of CALGB 89803.
- Association of dietary patterns with cancer recurrence and survival in patients with stage III colon cancer.
- Association of family history with cancer recurrence and survival among patients with stage III colon cancer.
- Associations Between Unprocessed Red Meat and Processed Meat With Risk of Recurrence and Mortality in Patients With Stage III Colon Cancer.
- Associations of artificially sweetened beverage intake with disease recurrence and mortality in stage III colon cancer: Results from CALGB 89803 (Alliance).
- Big Data, Small Effects.
- Biochemical and functional characterization of glycosylation-associated mutational landscapes in colon cancer.
- Biologic determinants of tumor recurrence in stage II colon cancer: validation study of the 12-gene recurrence score in cancer and leukemia group B (CALGB) 9581.
- CD8(+)NKR-P1A (+)T cells preferentially accumulate in human liver.
- COX-2 polymorphism, use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, and risk of colon cancer in African Americans (United States).
- CT colonography for detection of colon polyps and cancer.
- Cabozantinib with or without Panitumumab for RAS wild-type metastatic colorectal cancer: impact of MET amplification on clinical outcomes and circulating biomarkers.
- Can the localization of primary colonic tumors be improved by staging CT without specific bowel preparation compared to optical colonoscopy?
- Cancer Screening Results and Follow-up Using Routinely Collected Electronic Health Data: Estimates for Breast, Colon, and Cervical Cancer Screenings.
- Cancer and pregnancy: the clinician's perspective.
- Cancer vaccines in colon and rectal cancer over the last decade: lessons learned and future directions.
- Carcinoma of unknown primary with a colon-cancer profile-changing paradigm and emerging definitions.
- Case report. Intrabiliary colonic metastasis mimicking primary biliary neoplasia.
- Caspase-3 regulates the migration, invasion and metastasis of colon cancer cells.
- Chemotherapy in the elderly.
- Clear cell change in colonic tubular adenoma and corresponding colonic clear cell adenocarcinoma is associated with an altered mucin core protein profile.
- Clinical development and evaluation of a VEGF-D assay in plasma from patients with metastatic colorectal cancer in the RAISE study.
- Clonality of combined tumors.
- Cloning efficiency of cultured human tumor cell lines measured with the use of a Coulter particle counter.
- Clustered cancer cells show a distinct adhesion behavior from single cell form under physiological shear conditions.
- Co-delivery of antigen and IL-12 by Venezuelan equine encephalitis virus replicon particles enhances antigen-specific immune responses and antitumor effects.
- Co-expression of urokinase with haptoglobin in human carcinomas.
- Coffee Intake, Recurrence, and Mortality in Stage III Colon Cancer: Results From CALGB 89803 (Alliance).
- Colon Cancer, Version 1.2017, NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology.
- Colon Cancer, Version 2.2021, NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology.
- Colon cancer screening in the elderly: when do we stop?
- Colon cancer with microsatellite instability in a 13-year-old Hispanic male.
- Colon cancer, version 3.2014.
- Colon cancer.
- Colon cancer.
- Colon sentinel lymph node mapping: practical surgical applications.
- Colonic schwannoma visualized on FDG PET/CT.
- Colonoscopy as a primary diagnostic procedure in chronic gastrointestinal tract bleeding.
- Colonoscopy withdrawal time and risk of neoplasia at 5 years: results from VA Cooperative Studies Program 380.
- Colonoscopy-based colorectal cancer modeling in mice with CRISPR-Cas9 genome editing and organoid transplantation.
- Colorectal cancer: adjuvant chemotherapy for rectal cancer-an unresolved issue.
- Combination gene therapy for liver metastasis of colon carcinoma in vivo.
- Combined modality therapy for rectal and colon cancer.
- Comparative effectiveness of i-SCAN™ and high-definition white light characterizing small colonic polyps.
- Comparing a medical records-based and a claims-based index for measuring comorbidity in patients with lung or colon cancer.
- Comparison of adverse events during 5-fluorouracil versus 5-fluorouracil/oxaliplatin adjuvant chemotherapy for stage III colon cancer: a population-based analysis.
- Comparison of survival of stage I-III colon cancer by travel distance and hospital volume.
- Computed tomography colonography: colon examination or Pandora's box.
- Computerized tomographic colonography: performance evaluation in a retrospective multicenter setting.
- Construction and preclinical characterization of Fc-mGITRL for the immunotherapy of cancer.
- Controversies regarding laparoscopic colectomy for malignant diseases.
- Cost-effectiveness analysis and budget constraints.
- Cost-effectiveness analysis in a setting of budget constraints--is it equitable?
- CpG island methylator phenotype is associated with response to adjuvant irinotecan-based therapy for stage III colon cancer.
- Creatine and phosphocreatine analogs: anticancer activity and enzymatic analysis.
- Criteria for the diagnosis of dysplasia by endoscopic optical coherence tomography.
- Current immunotherapeutic strategies in colon cancer.
- Current status of therapy of solid tumors: brain tumor therapy.
- Cytologic studies of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase in malignancy.
- D6.1, a murine antimelanoma monoclonal antibody from congenitally athymic nude mice immunized with purified melanoma tumor-associated antigen.
- DNA repair: a double-edged sword.
- Decreased synthesis of matrix metalloproteinase-7 and adhesion to the extracellular matrix proteins of human colon cancer cells treated with troglitazone.
- Delay in Adjuvant Chemotherapy and Survival Advantage in Stage III Colon Cancer.
- Demonstration that mutation of the type II transforming growth factor beta receptor inactivates its tumor suppressor activity in replication error-positive colon carcinoma cells.
- Detecting colorectal cancer in stool with the use of multiple genetic targets.
- Determining the Optimal Timing for Initiation of Adjuvant Chemotherapy After Resection for Stage II and III Colon Cancer.
- Development and validation of a deep-learning algorithm for the detection of polyps during colonoscopy.
- Development of a colon cancer GEMM-derived orthotopic transplant model for drug discovery and validation.
- Development of small molecules targeting the Wnt pathway for the treatment of colon cancer: a high-throughput screening approach.
- Diagnosis and Treatment of ERBB2-Positive Metastatic Colorectal Cancer: A Review.
- Diagnosis and surgical treatment of colonic endometriosis.
- Diet- and Lifestyle-Based Prediction Models to Estimate Cancer Recurrence and Death in Patients With Stage III Colon Cancer (CALGB 89803/Alliance).
- Dietary Fat Intake after Colon Cancer Diagnosis in Relation to Cancer Recurrence and Survival: CALGB 89803 (Alliance).
- Dietary Insulin Load and Cancer Recurrence and Survival in Patients With Stage III Colon Cancer: Findings From CALGB 89803 (Alliance).
- Dietary fat in relation to all-cause mortality and cancer progression and death among people with metastatic colorectal cancer: Data from CALGB 80405 (Alliance)/SWOG 80405.
- Dietary glycemic load and cancer recurrence and survival in patients with stage III colon cancer: findings from CALGB 89803.
- Dietary supplementation with fresh pineapple juice decreases inflammation and colonic neoplasia in IL-10-deficient mice with colitis.
- Differential adhesion of rat colon carcinoma cells to fibronectin in relation to their tumorigenicity.
- Differential effects of parenteral nutrition on tumor growth and erythrocyte polyamine levels in the rat.
- Differential expression of a sialoglycoprotein with an approximate molecular weight of 900,000 on metastatic human colon carcinoma cells growing in culture and in tumor tissues.
- Differential production of high molecular weight sulfated glycoproteins in normal colonic mucosa, primary colon carcinoma, and metastases.
- Direct in vivo measurement of targeted binding in a human tumor xenograft.
- Direct invasion of the transverse colon by a cecal tumor.
- Disease-associated casein kinase I delta mutation may promote adenomatous polyps formation via a Wnt/beta-catenin independent mechanism.
- Disparity of Colon Cancer Outcomes in Rural America: Making the Case to Travel the Extra Mile.
- Diverse hypermutability of multiple expressed sequence motifs present in a cancer with microsatellite instability.
- Documenting the natural history of patients with resected stage II adenocarcinoma of the colon after random assignment to adjuvant treatment with edrecolomab or observation: results from CALGB 9581.
- Does Conversion in Laparoscopic Colectomy Portend an Inferior Oncologic Outcome? Results from 104,400 Patients.
- Does postoperative irradiation play a role in the adjuvant therapy of stage T4 colon cancer?
- Dual inhibition of epidermal growth factor receptor and vascular endothelial growth factor receptor phosphorylation by AEE788 reduces growth and metastasis of human colon carcinoma in an orthotopic nude mouse model.
- Duration of Adjuvant Chemotherapy for Stage III Colon Cancer.
- E-selectin can mediate the arrest type of adhesion of colon cancer cells under physiological shear flow.
- Effect of Celecoxib vs Placebo Added to Standard Adjuvant Therapy on Disease-Free Survival Among Patients With Stage III Colon Cancer: The CALGB/SWOG 80702 (Alliance) Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Effect of Diagnosis on Outcomes in the Setting of Enhanced Recovery Protocols.
- Effect of duration of adjuvant chemotherapy for patients with stage III colon cancer (IDEA collaboration): final results from a prospective, pooled analysis of six randomised, phase 3 trials.
- Effect of host microenvironment on the microcirculation of human colon adenocarcinoma.
- Effect of preoperative irradiation on resectability of colorectal carcinomas.
- Effect of surgeon specialization on long-term survival following colon cancer resection at an NCI-designated cancer center.
- Effect of virtual reality on time perception in patients receiving chemotherapy.
- Effects of Cancer Stage and Treatment Differences on Racial Disparities in Survival From Colon Cancer: A United States Population-Based Study.
- Efficacy and safety of dilpacimab (ABT-165) versus bevacizumab plus FOLFIRI in metastatic colorectal cancer: a phase II study.
- Efficacy of topoisomerase I inhibitors, topotecan and irinotecan, administered at low dose levels in protracted schedules to mice bearing xenografts of human tumors.
- Electrophoretic analysis of four high molecular weight sialoglycoproteins produced by metastatic human colon carcinoma cells.
- Elevation of topoisomerase I messenger RNA, protein, and catalytic activity in human tumors: demonstration of tumor-type specificity and implications for cancer chemotherapy.
- Epidermal growth factor receptor mediated proliferation depends on increased lipid droplet density regulated via a negative regulatory loop with FOXO3/Sirtuin6.
- Epigenetic inactivation of RUNX3 in microsatellite unstable sporadic colon cancers.
- Epigenetic silencing of genes in human colon cancer.
- Erythrocyte polyamine levels during intravenous feeding of patients with colorectal carcinoma.
- Expression of TERT in early premalignant lesions and a subset of cells in normal tissues.
- Expression of proliferation-specific genes in the mucosa adjacent to colon carcinoma.
- Extracellular matrix protein betaig-h3/TGFBI promotes metastasis of colon cancer by enhancing cell extravasation.
- F-18-FDG-PET/CT imaging of small cell carcinoma of the colon.
- FOXO3 growth inhibition of colonic cells is dependent on intraepithelial lipid droplet density.
- Failure of monoclonal antibodies against tumor associated antigens to improve tumor targeting of LAK cells in a model of rat colon carcinoma.
- Failure patterns following curative resection of colonic carcinoma.
- Fc-mOX40L fusion protein produces complete remission and enhanced survival in 2 murine tumor models.
- Fluorescence ratio imaging of interstitial pH in solid tumours: effect of glucose on spatial and temporal gradients.
- Frequent BRAF mutations suggest a novel oncogenic driver in colonic neuroendocrine carcinoma.
- GNAS mutations identify a set of right-sided, RAS mutant, villous colon cancers.
- GUCY2C Signaling Opposes the Acute Radiation-Induced GI Syndrome.
- Gastrointestinal hemorrhage.
- Gene expression profiling of peritoneal metastases from appendiceal and colon cancer demonstrates unique biologic signatures and predicts patient outcomes.
- Germline rearrangements in families with strong family history of glioma and malignant melanoma, colon, and breast cancer.
- Giant colonic lipoma as lead point for intermittent colo-colonic intussusception.
- Growth kinetics of human colorectal carcinoma.
- Guidelines 2000 for colon and rectal cancer surgery.
- Gut barrier dysfunction in the Apc(Min/+) mouse model of colon cancer cachexia.
- HIF-1alpha induces genetic instability by transcriptionally downregulating MutSalpha expression.
- Helicobacter typhlonius and Helicobacter rodentium differentially affect the severity of colon inflammation and inflammation-associated neoplasia in IL10-deficient mice.
- Hemolytic anemia and metastatic carcinoma: case report and literature review.
- High rates of metachronous colon cancer or dysplasia after segmental resection or subtotal colectomy in Crohn's colitis.
- High-dose human lymphoblastoid interferon in metastatic colorectal cancer: clinical results and modification of biological responses.
- High-dose, single-agent irinotecan as first-line therapy in the treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer.
- High-fat diet enhances stemness and tumorigenicity of intestinal progenitors.
- High-fat diet induced leptin and Wnt expression: RNA-sequencing and pathway analysis of mouse colonic tissue and tumors.
- Hospital-level compliance with the commission on cancer's quality of care measures and the association with patient survival.
- How good is screening for colorectal cancer?
- Human colon cancer cells express multiple glycoprotein ligands for E-selectin.
- Human colorectal carcinomas specifically accumulate Mr 42,000 ubiquitin-conjugated cytokeratin 8 fragments.
- Human recombinant erythropoietin (rEpo) has no effect on tumour growth or angiogenesis.
- Human sterile alpha motif domain 9, a novel gene identified as down-regulated in aggressive fibromatosis, is absent in the mouse.
- IGF2R genetic variants, circulating IGF2 concentrations and colon cancer risk in African Americans and Whites.
- Immunogenicity and Optimal Timing of 13-Valent Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccination during Adjuvant Chemotherapy in Gastric and Colorectal Cancer: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Immunohistochemical expression of mutant p53 oncogene in transitional mucosa adjacent to human colon cancer.
- Immunotherapy with autologous, human dendritic cells transfected with carcinoembryonic antigen mRNA.
- Impact of Patents and Licensing Practices on Access to Genetic Testing for Inherited Susceptibility to Cancer: Comparing Breast and Ovarian Cancers to Colon Cancers
- Impact of Primary Tumor Laterality on Adjuvant Hepatic Artery Infusion Pump Chemotherapy in Resected Colon Cancer Liver Metastases: Analysis of 487 Patients.
- Impact of body mass index and weight change after treatment on cancer recurrence and survival in patients with stage III colon cancer: findings from Cancer and Leukemia Group B 89803.
- Impact of physical activity on cancer recurrence and survival in patients with stage III colon cancer: findings from CALGB 89803.
- Impact of smoking on patients with stage III colon cancer: results from Cancer and Leukemia Group B 89803.
- Impact of synchronized anti-PD-1 with Ad-CEA vaccination on inhibition of colon cancer growth.
- Impact of the Cancer Risk Intake System on patient-clinician discussions of tamoxifen, genetic counseling, and colonoscopy.
- Implementing survivorship care plans for colon cancer survivors
- Importance of sphingolipids and inhibitors of sphingolipid metabolism as components of animal diets.
- In vivo selection of tumor-targeting RNA motifs.
- Increased content of chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan in human colorectal carcinoma metastases compared with the primary tumor as determined by an anti-chondroitin-sulfate monoclonal antibody.
- Increased serum levels of macrophage colony-stimulating factor in ovarian cancer.
- Increased transversions in a novel mutator colon cancer cell line.
- Indications for adjuvant radiotherapy in extrapelvic colonic carcinoma.
- Induction of apoptotic cell death and prevention of tumor growth by ceramide analogues in metastatic human colon cancer.
- Induction of primary carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA)-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes in vitro using human dendritic cells transfected with RNA.
- Induction of tumor-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes in cancer patients by autologous tumor RNA-transfected dendritic cells.
- Induction of wild-type p53 activity in human cancer cells by ribozymes that repair mutant p53 transcripts.
- Inflammatory pseudotumour of the colon.
- Inhibition of haematogenous metastasis of colon cancer in mice by a selective COX-2 inhibitor, JTE-522.
- Inhibition of in vivo tumor angiogenesis and growth via systemic delivery of an angiopoietin 2-specific RNA aptamer.
- Insulin in aging and cancer: antidiabetic drug Diabenol as geroprotector and anticarcinogen.
- Interstitial pH and pO2 gradients in solid tumors in vivo: high-resolution measurements reveal a lack of correlation.
- Intracorporeal ileocolic anastomosis: a review.
- Intrathoracic metastasis from an extrathoracic malignancy: a radiographic approach to patient evaluation.
- Investigation of the Lack of Angiogenesis in the Formation of Lymph Node Metastases.
- Involvement of histo-blood-group antigens in the susceptibility of colon carcinoma cells to natural killer-mediated cytotoxicity.
- Irinotecan fluorouracil plus leucovorin is not superior to fluorouracil plus leucovorin alone as adjuvant treatment for stage III colon cancer: results of CALGB 89803.
- Is intraoperative lymph node mapping and sentinel lymph node biopsy for colorectal carcinoma necessary?
- Isolated metastatic melanoma to the colon mimicking colon cancer.
- John Foster Dulles, his medical history and its impact on Cold War politics.
- KRAS mutation in stage III colon cancer and clinical outcome following intergroup trial CALGB 89803.
- Lack of p38 MAP kinase activation in TRAIL-resistant cells is not related to the resistance to TRAIL-mediated cell death.
- Laminin mediates tethering and spreading of colon cancer cells in physiological shear flow.
- Laparoscopic colectomy for cancer: a favorable opinion.
- Laparoscopic colectomy for cancer: an oncologic feasible option.
- Laparoscopic colon resection for cancer.
- Laparoscopic ileostomy and colostomy.
- Laparoscopic resection for colon cancer--the end of the beginning?
- Laser-induced fluorescence spectroscopy: somewhere over the rainbow.
- Leiomyoma involving the gastrocolic ligament: CT demonstration.
- Letal, A tumor-associated NKG2D immunoreceptor ligand, induces activation and expansion of effector immune cells.
- Liposomal 64Cu-PET Imaging of Anti-VEGF Drug Effects on Liposomal Delivery to Colon Cancer Xenografts.
- Local failure following curative resection of colonic adenocarcinoma.
- Localization of I-131-labeled goat and primate anti-carcinoembryonic antigen(CEA) antibodies in patients with cancer.
- Localized colon cancer, version 3.2013: featured updates to the NCCN Guidelines.
- Long-term survival of patients with stage III colon cancer treated with VRP-CEA(6D), an alphavirus vector that increases the CD8+ effector memory T cell to Treg ratio.
- Loss of Forkhead Box O3 Facilitates Inflammatory Colon Cancer: Transcriptome Profiling of the Immune Landscape and Novel Targets.
- Loss of KAI1 expression in the progression of colorectal cancer.
- Low levels of BRCA1 protein expression predict a worse prognosis in stage I-II colon cancer.
- Lower Adenoma Miss Rate of Computer-Aided Detection-Assisted Colonoscopy vs Routine White-Light Colonoscopy in a Prospective Tandem Study.
- MLKL Requires the Inositol Phosphate Code to Execute Necroptosis.
- MRE11-deficiency associated with improved long-term disease free survival and overall survival in a subset of stage III colon cancer patients in randomized CALGB 89803 trial.
- Marine ω-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acid and Fish Intake after Colon Cancer Diagnosis and Survival: CALGB 89803 (Alliance).
- Marital Status, Living Arrangement, and Cancer Recurrence and Survival in Patients with Stage III Colon Cancer: Findings from CALGB 89803 (Alliance).
- Mesenchymal stem cells support growth and organization of host-liver colorectal-tumor organoids and possibly resistance to chemotherapy.
- Metabolic supervision by PPIP5K, an inositol pyrophosphate kinase/phosphatase, controls proliferation of the HCT116 tumor cell line.
- Metastatic behavior and cell surface properties of HT-29 human colon carcinoma variant cells selected for their differential expression of sialyl-dimeric Le(x)-antigen.
- Metastatic colon cancer, version 3.2013: featured updates to the NCCN Guidelines.
- Metastatic leiomyosarcoma diagnosed on routine screening colonoscopy.
- Metastatic potential of colon carcinoma. Expression of ABO/Lewis-related antigens.
- Metastatic potential of human colon cancer cell lines: relationship to cellular differentiation and carcinoembryonic antigen production.
- Microsatellite instability and loss of heterozygosity at chromosomal location 18q: prospective evaluation of biomarkers for stages II and III colon cancer--a study of CALGB 9581 and 89803.
- Microsatellite instability predicts improved response to adjuvant therapy with irinotecan, fluorouracil, and leucovorin in stage III colon cancer: Cancer and Leukemia Group B Protocol 89803.
- Microvascular permeability and interstitial penetration of sterically stabilized (stealth) liposomes in a human tumor xenograft.
- Microvascular permeability of albumin, vascular surface area, and vascular volume measured in human adenocarcinoma LS174T using dorsal chamber in SCID mice.
- Molecular analysis of genetic instability caused by chronic inflammation.
- Monoclonal antibody against human colonic sulfomucin: immunochemical detection of its binding sites in colonic mucosa, colorectal primary carcinoma, and metastases.
- More on Data Sharing.
- Multifocal inflammatory leukoencephalopathy after fluorouracil and levamisole therapy for colon cancer.
- Multiple calcium-mediated effector mechanisms regulate chloride secretory responses in T84-cells.
- Multiple signals are required for maturation of human dendritic cells mobilized in vivo with Flt3 ligand.
- Muscle oxidative capacity during IL-6-dependent cancer cachexia.
- NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase expression and mitomycin C resistance developed by human colon cancer HCT 116 cells.
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology: colon cancer.
- NCCN Guidelines Insights: Colon Cancer, Version 2.2018.
- NCCN Guidelines Insights: Rectal Cancer, Version 6.2020.
- Neo-angiogenesis and the premalignant micro-circulatory augmentation of early colon carcinogenesis.
- Neonatal co-infection with helicobacter species markedly accelerates the development of inflammation-associated colonic neoplasia in IL-10(-/-) mice.
- Neuroradiology case of the day. Multifocal inflammatory leukoencephalopathy due to treatment with 5-fluorouracil and levamisole.
- New approaches to assessing and treating early-stage colon and rectal cancer: summary statement from 2007 Santa Monica Conference.
- Niclosamide-conjugated polypeptide nanoparticles inhibit Wnt signaling and colon cancer growth.
- Noninvasive measurement of microvascular and interstitial oxygen profiles in a human tumor in SCID mice.
- Nut Consumption and Survival in Patients With Stage III Colon Cancer: Results From CALGB 89803 (Alliance).
- Observation of incipient tumor angiogenesis that is independent of hypoxia and hypoxia inducible factor-1 activation.
- Obstructive and perforative colonic carcinoma: patterns of failure.
- Ornithine Decarboxylase in Macrophages Exacerbates Colitis and Promotes Colitis-Associated Colon Carcinogenesis by Impairing M1 Immune Responses.
- Osteopontin inhibits macrophage nitric oxide synthesis to enhance tumor proliferation.
- Osteopontin silencing by small interfering RNA suppresses in vitro and in vivo CT26 murine colon adenocarcinoma metastasis.
- Over-pressure suppresses ultrasonic-induced drug uptake.
- Parabacteroides distasonis attenuates toll-like receptor 4 signaling and Akt activation and blocks colon tumor formation in high-fat diet-fed azoxymethane-treated mice.
- Partial suppression of anchorage-independent growth and tumorigenicity in immunodeficient mice by transfection of the H-2 class I gene H-2Ld into a human colon cancer cell line (HCT).
- Patient expectations of benefit from phase I clinical trials: linguistic considerations in diagnosing a therapeutic misconception.
- Patient, Physician, and Procedure Characteristics Are Independently Predictive of Polyp Detection Rates in Clinical Practice.
- Patient-derived micro-organospheres enable clinical precision oncology.
- Patients with cancer and their spouse caregivers. Perceptions of the illness experience.
- Patterns of Biologics Use Across Treatment Lines in Elderly (Age >65) Medicare Patients With Metastatic Colon Cancer.
- Peptidyl membrane-interactive molecules are cytotoxic to prostatic cancer cells in vitro.
- Perioperative blood transfusion in patients with colon carcinoma.
- Periostin potently promotes metastatic growth of colon cancer by augmenting cell survival via the Akt/PKB pathway.
- Peritoneal carcinomatosis: preoperative CT with intraperitoneal contrast material.
- Phase I and II studies of the combination of recombinant human interferon-gamma and 5-fluorouracil in patients with advanced colorectal carcinoma.
- Phase I trial of 1-(2'-deoxy-2'-fluoro-1-beta-D-arabinofuranosyl)-5-methyluracil (FMAU) terminated by severe neurologic toxicity.
- Phase II study of fludarabine phosphate in patients with advanced colorectal carcinoma.
- Phase II trial of lymphoblastoid interferon in metastatic colon carcinoma.
- Phase III study of adjuvant chemotherapy and radiation therapy compared with chemotherapy alone in the surgical adjuvant treatment of colon cancer: results of intergroup protocol 0130.
- Phosphatidic acid modulates Cl- secretion in T84 cells: varying effects depending on mode of stimulation.
- Photo-thermal tumor ablation in mice using near infrared-absorbing nanoparticles.
- Physical Activity in Stage III Colon Cancer: CALGB/SWOG 80702 (Alliance).
- Physician Non-adherence to Colonoscopy Interval Guidelines in the Veterans Affairs Healthcare System.
- Physicians recommend different treatments for patients than they would choose for themselves.
- Plasma Protein Biomarkers in Advanced or Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Patients Receiving Chemotherapy With Bevacizumab or Cetuximab: Results from CALGB 80405 (Alliance).
- Plasma thrombopoietic activity in humans with normal and abnormal platelet counts.
- Postoperative radiation therapy for high-risk colon carcinoma.
- Potential role of WAF1/Cip1/p21 as a mediator of TGF-beta cytoinhibitory effect.
- Predicted vitamin D status and colon cancer recurrence and mortality in CALGB 89803 (Alliance).
- Predictive and prognostic analysis of PIK3CA mutation in stage III colon cancer intergroup trial.
- Preference for equity as a framing effect.
- Preliminary analysis of a randomized comparison of 5-fluorouracil versus 5-fluorouracil and high-dose continuous-infusion folinic acid in disseminated colorectal cancer.
- Preneoplastic lesions induced by myc and src oncogenes in a heterotopic rat colon.
- Preoperative mobilization of circulating dendritic cells by Flt3 ligand administration to patients with metastatic colon cancer.
- Prevalence and predictors of multiple behavioral risk factors for colon cancer.
- Prognostic impact of micrometastases in colon cancer: interim results of a prospective multicenter trial.
- Project PREVENT: a randomized trial to reduce multiple behavioral risk factors for colon cancer.
- Prospective comparison of patient experience with colon imaging tests.
- Prospective multicenter trial of staging adequacy in colon cancer: preliminary results.
- Prospective randomized comparison of fluorouracil versus fluorouracil and high-dose continuous infusion leucovorin calcium for the treatment of advanced measurable colorectal cancer in patients previously unexposed to chemotherapy.
- Quantitative laser scanning confocal autofluorescence microscopy of normal, premalignant, and malignant colonic tissues.
- Race, Income, and Survival in Stage III Colon Cancer: CALGB 89803 (Alliance).
- Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Colon Cancer Screening in North Carolina.
- Radiation therapy for resectable colon cancer. Is there a role in the modern chemotherapy era?
- Radiologic, endoscopic, and surgical considerations of melanoma metastatic to the gastrointestinal tract.
- Radiosensitive orbital metastasis as presentation of occult colonic adenocarcinoma.
- Randomized study of continuous infusion fluorouracil versus fluorouracil plus cisplatin in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer.
- Rational design of "heat seeking" drug loaded polypeptide nanoparticles that thermally target solid tumors.
- Reduced expression of transforming growth factor beta type I receptor contributes to the malignancy of human colon carcinoma cells.
- Regulation of transport pathways in tumor vessels: role of tumor type and microenvironment.
- Relationship between sensitivity to natural killer cells and MHC class-I antigen expression in colon carcinoma cell lines.
- Relationship between statin use and colon cancer recurrence and survival: results from CALGB 89803.
- Relationship of erythrocyte polyamine levels and growth rate of transplantable tumors in rats.
- Relationships between sclerosing cholangitis, inflammatory bowel disease, and cancer in patients undergoing liver transplantation.
- Relative effectiveness and safety of chemotherapy in elderly and nonelderly patients with stage III colon cancer: a systematic review.
- Reply to L. Casadaban et al.
- Reply to S. Sorscher.
- Resection of Carcinoid Tumor Metastatic to the Right Ventricle and Tricuspid Valve.
- Retinoic acid modulation of alpha(1-->2) fucosyltransferase activity and sensitivity of tumor cells to LAK-mediated cytotoxicity.
- Review. Colon cancer vaccines: an update.
- Risk of colorectal neoplasm in patients with acromegaly and its relationship with serum growth hormone levels.
- Risk perception measures' associations with behavior intentions, affect, and cognition following colon cancer screening messages.
- Role of Adjuvant Radiotherapy in Locally Advanced Colonic Carcinoma in the Modern Chemotherapy Era.
- Role of nitric oxide in tumor microcirculation. Blood flow, vascular permeability, and leukocyte-endothelial interactions.
- Secretory IgA and mucin-mediated biofilm formation by environmental strains of Escherichia coli: role of type 1 pili.
- Selective killing of cancer cells harboring mutant RAS by concomitant inhibition of NADPH oxidase and glutathione biosynthesis.
- Sensitivity of the Hemoccult II slide test in detecting colonic neoplasms.
- Sentinel node staging of resectable colon cancer: results of a multicenter study.
- Serum protein profiling using an aptamer array predicts clinical outcomes of stage IIA colon cancer: A leave-one-out crossvalidation.
- Sialyl-dimeric Lewis-X antigen expressed on mucin-like glycoproteins in colorectal cancer metastases.
- Significance of a fall in serum CEA concentration in patients treated with cytotoxic chemotherapy for disseminated colorectal cancer.
- Single-incision laparoscopic right colectomy: an efficient technique.
- Soluble factor in normal tissues that stimulates high-molecular-weight sialoglycoprotein production by human colon carcinoma cells.
- Sonic hedgehog signaling pathway supports cancer cell growth during cancer radiotherapy.
- Sp1 regulates osteopontin expression in SW480 human colon adenocarcinoma cells.
- Spectroscopic optical coherence tomography for classification of colorectal cancer in a mouse model.
- Status of colon cancer vaccines. [An interview with Michael Morse by H&O].
- Structure of the human MutSalpha DNA lesion recognition complex.
- Studying health histories of cancer: a new model connecting cancer incidence and survival.
- Substituting ornithine for arginine in total parenteral nutrition eliminates enhanced tumor growth.
- Successful desensitization to oxaliplatin.
- Sugar-sweetened beverage intake and cancer recurrence and survival in CALGB 89803 (Alliance).
- Suppressor of fused negatively regulates beta-catenin signaling.
- Surgical experience of colon resection in the extreme elderly.
- Survival after hepatic resection for metastatic colorectal cancer: trends in outcomes for 1,600 patients during two decades at a single institution.
- Survival in Young-Onset Metastatic Colorectal Cancer: Findings From Cancer and Leukemia Group B (Alliance)/SWOG 80405.
- Syndecan-1 expression is up-regulated in pancreatic but not in other gastrointestinal cancers.
- Synergistic activity of the SRC family kinase inhibitor dasatinib and oxaliplatin in colon carcinoma cells is mediated by oxidative stress.
- Systemic nitric oxide production in human malaria. II. Analysis of mononuclear cell nitric oxide synthase type 2 antigen expression.
- Systemic overexpression of angiopoietin-2 promotes tumor microvessel regression and inhibits angiogenesis and tumor growth.
- Systems Pharmacogenomics Finds RUNX1 Is an Aspirin-Responsive Transcription Factor Linked to Cardiovascular Disease and Colon Cancer.
- TLR9 agonist acts by different mechanisms synergizing with bevacizumab in sensitive and cetuximab-resistant colon cancer xenografts.
- TP53 and RAS mutations in metachronous tumors from patients with cancer of the upper aerodigestive tract.
- Targeted and untargeted CD137L fusion proteins for the immunotherapy of experimental solid tumors.
- Targeted cytotoxic somatostatin analogue AN-238 inhibits somatostatin receptor-positive experimental colon cancers independently of their p53 status.
- Targeted suppression of beta-catenin blocks intestinal adenoma formation in APC Min mice.
- Targeting EZH2 histone methyltransferase activity alleviates experimental intestinal inflammation.
- Tea intake and risk of colon cancer in African-Americans and whites: North Carolina colon cancer study.
- Telephone monitoring of distress in patients aged 65 years or older with advanced stage cancer: a cancer and leukemia group B study.
- Template for reporting results of biomarker testing of specimens from patients with carcinoma of the colon and rectum.
- Ten or More Cumulative Lifetime Adenomas Are Associated with Increased Risk for Advanced Neoplasia and Colorectal Cancer.
- The ALPPS procedure as a novel "liver-first" approach in treating liver metastases of colon cancer: the first experience in Greek Cypriot area.
- The CLN3 gene is a novel molecular target for cancer drug discovery.
- The Diet of Higher Insulinemic Potential Is Not Associated with Worse Survival in Patients with Stage III Colon Cancer (Alliance).
- The Impact of Primary Tumor Location on Long-Term Survival in Patients Undergoing Hepatic Resection for Metastatic Colon Cancer.
- The differential expression of statin in the nuclei of human colonic crypts adjacent to a cancer: an immunohistochemical study.
- The epidemiology of tea consumption and colorectal cancer incidence.
- The hormone receptor GUCY2C suppresses intestinal tumor formation by inhibiting AKT signaling.
- The influence of cost-effectiveness information on physicians' cancer screening recommendations.
- The natural history of colorectal carcinoma in adolescents.
- The relationship of collagenolytic activity to stage of human colorectal carcinoma.
- The role of NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase in mitomycin C- and porfiromycin-resistant HCT 116 human colon-cancer cells.
- The side of the primary tumor affects overall survival in colon adenocarcinoma: an analysis of the national cancer database.
- The surgeon and adjuvant therapy for stage II colon cancer.
- The utility of micro-CT and MRI in the assessment of longitudinal growth of liver metastases in a preclinical model of colon carcinoma.
- Thoracic empyema associated with recurrent colon cancer: report of a case and review of the literature.
- Three synchronous primary carcinomas in a patient with HNPCC associated with a novel germline mutation in MLH1: Case report.
- Three-dimensional imaging of xenograft tumors using optical computed and emission tomography.
- Time from positive screening fecal occult blood test to colonoscopy and risk of neoplasia.
- Time-dependent vascular regression and permeability changes in established human tumor xenografts induced by an anti-vascular endothelial growth factor/vascular permeability factor antibody.
- Treatment of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer: ASCO Guideline.
- Treatment of primary colon cancer with peritoneal carcinomatosis: comparison of concomitant vs. delayed management.
- Tucatinib plus trastuzumab for chemotherapy-refractory, HER2-positive, RAS wild-type unresectable or metastatic colorectal cancer (MOUNTAINEER): a multicentre, open-label, phase 2 study.
- Tumor necrosis factor alpha and colitis-associated colon cancer.
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha is a potent endogenous mutagen that promotes cellular transformation.
- Type III TGF-β receptor enhances colon cancer cell migration and anchorage-independent growth.
- Ulex europeus agglutinin I-reactive high molecular weight glycoproteins of adenocarcinoma of distal colon and rectum and their possible relationship with metastatic potential.
- Understanding the role of cancer worry in creating a "teachable moment" for multiple risk factor reduction.
- Upregulated claudin-1 expression promotes colitis-associated cancer by promoting β-catenin phosphorylation and activation in Notch/p-AKT-dependent manner.
- Use of in vivo bioluminescence imaging to predict hepatic tumor burden in mice.
- Use of molecular biomarkers to inform adjuvant therapy for colon cancer.
- Use of nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs and risk of colon cancer in a population-based, case-control study of African Americans and Whites.
- Use of three-dimensional tissue cultures to model extravascular transport and predict in vivo activity of hypoxia-targeted anticancer drugs.
- Virtual reality: a distraction intervention for chemotherapy.
- Virus-based therapies for colon cancer.
- Vitamin D receptor and retinoid X receptor α status and vitamin D insufficiency in models of murine colitis.
- Weight Loss and/or Sulindac Mitigate Obesity-associated Transcriptome, Microbiome, and Protumor Effects in a Murine Model of Colon Cancer.
- Wild-type p53 is a cell cycle checkpoint determinant following irradiation.
- With Colorectal Cancer Treatment, Physical Toxicity Is Not the Only Concern.
- With widespread adoption of MIS colectomy for colon cancer, does hospital type matter?
- [Intraportal injection of specific monoclonal antibody in nude mice with liver metastasis].
- [Metastatic sites of colonic adenocarcinoma in the ORL system: 2 cases].
- p27Kip1 in stage III colon cancer: implications for outcome following adjuvant chemotherapy in cancer and leukemia group B protocol 89803.
Keywords of People
- Badea, Cristian Tudorel, Professor in Radiology, Biomedical Engineering
- Berchuck, Andrew, James M. Ingram Distinguished Professor of Gynecologic Oncology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology
- Moorman, Patricia Gripka, Professor Emeritus in Family Medicine and Community Health, Duke Cancer Institute