Electron Transport Complex IV
Subject Areas on Research
- A carbon monoxide irreducible form of cytochrome c oxidase and other unusual properties of the "monomeric" shark enzyme.
- A comparative study of asymmetric migration events across a marine biogeographic boundary.
- A simplified method for monitoring the cytochrome aa3 redox state in bilateral cortical areas of unanesthetized cats.
- Adaptation of skeletal muscle to increased contractile activity. Expression nuclear genes encoding mitochondrial proteins.
- Altered mitochondrial redox responses in gram negative septic shock in primates.
- An atlas of the inferior colliculus of the gerbil in three dimensions.
- Analyzing somatosensory axon projections with the sensory neuron-specific Advillin gene.
- Ancient co-speciation of simian foamy viruses and primates.
- Bcl-2 potentiates the maximal calcium uptake capacity of neural cell mitochondria.
- Behavior of the copper band of cytochrome c oxidase in rat brain during FC-43-for-blood substitution.
- Carbon monoxide-cytochrome interactions in the brain of the fluorocarbon-perfused rat.
- Carbon monoxide-driven reduction of ferric heme and heme proteins.
- Centronuclear myopathy: histochemistry and electron microscopy. Report of two cases.
- Cerebral bioenergetics and in vivo cytochrome c oxidase redox relationships.
- Cerebral cytochrome a,a3 inhibition by cyanide in bloodless rats.
- Cerebral oxygen availability by NIR spectroscopy during transient hypoxia in humans.
- Cerebrocortical oxygenation and ventilatory response during sustained hypoxia.
- Changes in cerebral blood volume and cytochrome aa3 during hypertensive peaks in preterm infants.
- Coding and non-coding roles of MOCCI (C15ORF48) coordinate to regulate host inflammation and immunity.
- Comparative population structure of two deep-sea hydrothermal-vent-associated decapods (Chorocaris sp. 2 and Munidopsis lauensis) from southwestern Pacific back-arc basins.
- Comparison of systemic oxygen delivery and uptake with NIR spectroscopy of brain during normovolemic hemodilution in the rabbit.
- Conductive hearing loss results in changes in cytochrome oxidase activity in gerbil central auditory system.
- Coordination environment for the type 3 copper center of tree laccase and CuB of cytochrome c oxidase as determined by electron nuclear double resonance.
- Correlated particle transport enables biological free energy transduction.
- Cyanide-induced cytochrome a,a3 oxidation-reduction responses in rat brain in vivo.
- Cyanide-related changes in cerebral O2 delivery and metabolism in fluorocarbon-circulated rats.
- Cytochrome c oxidase binding of hydrogen peroxide.
- Cytochrome oxidase: structural insights from electron microscopy and from secondary structure prediction.
- Development of direct GABAergic projections from the zona incerta to the somatosensory cortex of the rat.
- Developmental regulation of cytochrome oxidase subunit VIa isoforms in cardiac and skeletal muscle.
- Differences in brain cytochrome responses to carbon monoxide and cyanide in vivo.
- Differential sympathetic neural control of oxygenation in resting and exercising human skeletal muscle.
- Diversification before the most recent glaciation in Balanus glandula.
- Dynamic mechanisms of cardiac oxygenation during brief ischemia and reperfusion.
- Effects of muscle contraction on cytochrome a,a3 redox state.
- Electron transfer mechanisms.
- Endotoxin-stimulated nitric oxide production inhibits expression of cytochrome c oxidase in ANA-1 murine macrophages.
- Energy metabolism and in vivo cytochrome c oxidase redox relationships in hypoxic rat brain.
- Evidence for Compartmentalized Axonal Mitochondrial Biogenesis: Mitochondrial DNA Replication Increases in Distal Axons As an Early Response to Parkinson's Disease-Relevant Stress.
- Exercise stimulates Pgc-1alpha transcription in skeletal muscle through activation of the p38 MAPK pathway.
- Functional equivalence of monomeric (shark) and dimeric (bovine) cytochrome c oxidase.
- Functional studies on crosslinked bovine cytochrome c oxidase.
- Hydrogen sulphide enhances photosynthesis through promoting chloroplast biogenesis, photosynthetic enzyme expression, and thiol redox modification in Spinacia oleracea seedlings.
- In vivo binding of carbon monoxide to cytochrome c oxidase in rat brain.
- In vivo modulation of norepinephrine-induced cerebral oxygenation states by hypoxia and hyperoxia.
- Interactions between sustained contractile activity and beta-adrenergic receptors in regulation of gene expression in skeletal muscles.
- Interhemispheric synchrony of slow oscillations of cortical blood volume and cytochrome aa3 redox state in unanesthetized rabbits.
- Intraocular pressure effects on optic nerve-head oxidative metabolism measured in vivo.
- Kinetics of reduction of cytochrome c oxidase by dithionite and the effect of hydrogen peroxide.
- Low-frequency oscillations of cortical oxidative metabolism in waking and sleep.
- Membranous cytochrome c oxidase. A freeze-fracture electron microscopic analysis.
- Metabolic effects of voluntary wheel running in young and old Syrian golden hamsters.
- Mitochondrial DNA variant in COX1 subunit significantly alters energy metabolism of geographically divergent wild isolates in Caenorhabditis elegans.
- Mitochondrial oxidative stress after carbon monoxide hypoxia in the rat brain.
- Molecular phylogeny of naidid worms (Annelida: Clitellata) based on cytochrome oxidase I.
- Monitoring of cerebral oxygenation in the intensive care nursery.
- Muscle oxidative capacity during IL-6-dependent cancer cachexia.
- Myocardial Na+/H+ exchanger-1 (NHE1) content is decreased by exercise training.
- Near infrared optical monitoring of cat skeletal muscle during hypercapnia.
- Near infrared optical monitoring of intact skeletal muscle during hypoxia and hemorrhagic hypotension in cats.
- Near-infrared monitoring of cerebral oxygen sufficiency. I. Spectra of cytochrome c oxidase.
- Near-infrared spectrophotometric monitoring of oxygen distribution to intact brain and skeletal muscle tissues.
- Neurotoxicity of carbonyl sulfide in F344 rats following inhalation exposure for up to 12 weeks.
- Noninvasive monitoring of cerebral oxygenation in preterm infants: preliminary observations.
- Numbers of "blobs" in the primary visual cortex of neonatal and adult monkeys.
- Organization of the superior olivary complex in the guinea pig. I. Cytoarchitecture, cytochrome oxidase histochemistry, and dendritic morphology.
- Osteopontin inhibits expression of cytochrome c oxidase in RAW 264.7 murine macrophages.
- Oxidative phenotype protects myofibers from pathological insults induced by chronic heart failure in mice.
- Paradoxical effects of methylmercury on the kinetics of cytochrome c oxidase.
- Pathway from the zona incerta to the superior colliculus in the rat.
- Physiological organization of layer 4 in macaque striate cortex.
- Population genetic differentiation of the hydrothermal vent crab Austinograea alayseae (Crustacea: Bythograeidae) in the Southwest Pacific Ocean.
- Purified lac permease and cytochrome o oxidase are functional as monomers.
- Recovery of cerebral metabolism and mitochondrial oxidation state is delayed after hypothermic circulatory arrest.
- Redox properties of cytochrome oxidase and vascular reactivity of astrocytomas and neuroblastomas in vivo.
- Regulation of cytochrome c oxidase subunit 1 (COX1) expression in Cryptococcus neoformans by temperature and host environment.
- Release of cytochrome c from liver mitochondria during permeability transition.
- Reproducibility of Vibrionaceae population structure in coastal bacterioplankton.
- Reversal of carbon monoxide-cytochrome c oxidase binding by hyperbaric oxygen in vivo.
- Role of mitochondrial DNA damage and dysfunction in veterans with Gulf War Illness.
- Seahorse Xfe 24 Extracellular Flux Analyzer-Based Analysis of Cellular Respiration in Caenorhabditis elegans.
- Sequence variation in the mitochondrial gene cytochrome c oxidase subunit I and prostate cancer in African American men.
- Skeletal muscle oxygen availability during respiratory acid-base disturbances in cats.
- Slow oscillations of cytochrome oxidase redox state and blood volume in unanesthetized cat and rabbit cortex. Interhemispheric synchrony.
- Specialized vascularization of the primate visual cortex.
- Spectrophotometry of b-type cytochromes in rat brain in vivo and in vitro.
- Structural and functional properties of cytochrome c oxidases isolated from sharks.
- Structure of the Trypanosoma brucei p22 protein, a cytochrome oxidase subunit II-specific RNA-editing accessory factor.
- Structure of the cytochrome c oxidase dimer. Electron microscopy of two-dimensional crystals.
- Structure of the human gene (COX6A2) for the heart/muscle isoform of cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIa and its chromosomal location in humans, mice, and cattle.
- Studies on cellular autophagocytosis. A histochemical study on sequential alterations of mitochondria in the glucagon-induced autophagic vacuoles of rat liver.
- Supply-side constraints are insufficient to explain the ontogenetic scaling of metabolic rate in the tobacco Hornworm, Manduca sexta.
- Targeting mitochondria by Zn(II)N-alkylpyridylporphyrins: the impact of compound sub-mitochondrial partition on cell respiration and overall photodynamic efficacy.
- Tenascin knockout mice: barrels, boundary molecules, and glial scars.
- The effects of nucleotide substitution model assumptions on estimates of nonparametric bootstrap support.
- The laminar organization of the lateral geniculate body and the striate cortex in the squirrel monkey (Saimiri sciureus).
- The near infrared (NIR) absorption band of cytochrome aa3 in purified enzyme, isolated mitochondria and in the intact brain in situ.
- The organization of frequency and binaural cues in the gerbil inferior colliculus.
- The site of the redox-linked proton pump in eukaryotic cytochrome c oxidases.