Subject Areas on Research
- Chloride masks effects of opposing positive charges in Hb A and Hb Hinsdale (beta 139 Asn-->Lys) that can modulate cooperativity as well as oxygen affinity.
- Drosophila melanogaster ma-l mutants are defective in the sulfuration of desulfo Mo hydroxylases.
- Identification of quinone-binding and heme-ligating residues of the smallest membrane-anchoring subunit (QPs3) of bovine heart mitochondrial succinate:ubiquinone reductase.
- Identification of the iron-sulfur center of spinach ferredoxin-nitrite reductase as a tetranuclear center, and preliminary EPR studies of mechanism.
- Kinetics of reduction of cytochrome c oxidase by dithionite and the effect of hydrogen peroxide.
- Lysolipid incorporation in dipalmitoylphosphatidylcholine bilayer membranes enhances the ion permeability and drug release rates at the membrane phase transition.
- On the occurrence of cytochrome P-450 and aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase activity in rat brain.
- S-nitrosylation-induced conformational change in blackfin tuna myoglobin.