Subject Areas on Research
- A 6th Vital Sign--Potential Use of Nasogastric Tube for Intra-abdominal Pressure Monitoring Method to Detect Feeding Intolerance in Very Low Birth-Weight Preterm Infants (<1500 g).
- A Problem That Is Difficult to Swallow.
- A case of retrograde jejunoduodenal intussusception caused by a feeding gastrostomy tube.
- A clinical review of nutritional support of the patient.
- A guide to enteral nutrition in intensive care units: 10 expert tips for the daily practice.
- A novel approach to maintain gut mucosal integrity using an oral enzyme supplement.
- A nutritive control of independent ingestion in rat pups emerges by nine days of age.
- A pilot study to explore the safety of perioperative postpyloric enteral nutrition.
- A standardized care plan is associated with shorter hospital length of stay in patients undergoing pancreaticoduodenectomy.
- Acidity of Enteral Feeding Tube Aspirate in Neonates: Do pH Values Meet the Cutoff for Predicting Gastric Placement?
- Ad libitum feeds after laparoscopic pyloromyotomy: a retrospective comparison with a standardized feeding regimen in 227 infants.
- American Gastroenterological Association Institute Guideline on Initial Management of Acute Pancreatitis.
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis care and research in the United States during the COVID-19 pandemic: Challenges and opportunities.
- Anatomy and physiology of the luminal gut: enteral access implications.
- Assessment of function, growth and development, and long-term quality of life after small bowel transplantation.
- Avoiding complications with radical cystectomy.
- Cellular Sites and Mechanisms Linking Reduction of Dipeptidyl Peptidase-4 Activity to Control of Incretin Hormone Action and Glucose Homeostasis.
- Characterization of Isavuconazole serum concentrations after enteral feeding tube administration in a hospitalized cohort: A case series.
- Clinical review: Optimizing enteral nutrition for critically ill patients--a simple data-driven formula.
- Comment on "Early Feeding After Esophagectomy: Show Must Go On".
- Comment on: probiotic prophylaxis in predicted severe acute pancreatitis: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.
- Commentary on "Guidelines for the provision of nutrition support therapy in the adult critically ill patient: The American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition".
- Comparison of enteral ethanol and benzodiazepines for alcohol withdrawal in neurocritical care patients.
- Comparison of intestinal lengthening procedures for patients with short bowel syndrome.
- Comparison of primary jejunostomy tubes versus gastrojejunostomy tubes for percutaneous enteral nutrition.
- Contemporary feeding practices in postoperative patients with Congenital Heart Disease.
- Diarrhea: applying research to bedside practice.
- Dietary fat for infants with enterostomies.
- Direct percutaneous endoscopic jejunal feeding tube placement.
- Distribution of feeding styles after pyloromyotomy among pediatric surgical training programs in North America.
- Does artificial nutrition improve outcome of critical illness? An alternative viewpoint!
- Early administration of oropharyngeal colostrum to extremely low birth weight infants.
- Economic impact of human milk on medical charges of extremely low birth weight infants.
- Effect of enteral nutrition on human pancreatic secretions.
- Effects of enteral feeding products on survival from Escherichia coli peritonitis.
- Enteral Feeding with Human Milk Decreases Time to Discharge in Infants following Gastroschisis Repair.
- Enteral High Fat-Polyunsaturated Fatty Acid Blend Alters the Pathogen Composition of the Intestinal Microbiome in Premature Infants with an Enterostomy.
- Enteral Nutrition Can Be Given to Patients on Vasopressors.
- Enteral fish oil in critical illness: perspectives and systematic review.
- Erythromycin vs metoclopramide for facilitating gastric emptying and tolerance to intragastric nutrition in critically ill patients.
- Evaluation of a discharge education protocol for pediatric patients with gastrostomy tubes.
- Expectations and outcomes of gastric feeding tubes.
- Extrusion of PEG tube from the stomach with fistula formation: an unusual complication of percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy.
- Factors associated with feeding progression in extremely preterm infants.
- Fat and the gut: more than empty calories.
- Feeding dysfunction in children with single ventricle following staged palliation.
- Feeding dysfunction is associated with poor growth and health status in children with cerebral palsy.
- Feeding intolerance in critically ill patients with COVID-19.
- Feeding jejunostomy during Whipple is associated with increased morbidity.
- Feeding jejunostomy techniques.
- Feeding jejunostomy tube placement during resection of gastric cancers.
- Fluoroscopic placement of nasojejunal feeding tubes with immediate feeding using a nonelemental diet.
- Gaseous distension of a single-lumen mushroom-tip intestinal tube: an unusual cause of bowel obstruction.
- Gastric acid burns because of a disconnected nasogastric tube.
- Gastric motility function in critically ill patients tolerant vs intolerant to gastric nutrition.
- Gastric tube volvulus following an Ivor-Lewis esophagectomy.
- Gastrointestinal dysfunction in the critically ill: nutritional implications.
- Gastrostomy Tube Feeding in Extremely Low Birthweight Infants: Frequency, Associated Comorbidities, and Long-term Outcomes.
- Glutamine administration reduces Gram-negative bacteremia in severely burned patients: a prospective, randomized, double-blind trial versus isonitrogenous control.
- Head and neck cancers, version 2.2013. Featured updates to the NCCN guidelines.
- Hypermetabolism and hypercatabolism in Guillain-Barré syndrome.
- Hypophosphatemia in malnourished children during refeeding.
- Imaging of the intensive care unit patient.
- Impact of Gastrostomy Tube Placement on Short-Term Weight Gain in Hospitalized Premature Infants.
- Improved Use of Human Milk, Growth, and Central Line Utilization With Standard Feeding Roadmap in an Academic NICU.
- Improving the Process of Enteral Nutrition Preparation With Milk Technicians: Perceptions of Cost, Time, and Quality.
- Inadvertent transbronchial insertion of narrow-bore feeding tubes into the pleural space.
- Is it now time to promote mixed enteral and parenteral nutrition for the critically ill patient?
- Isolated intestinal transplantation for intestinal failure.
- Jejunal tube extensions via percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy and delayed small-bowel perforations: a case series.
- Jejunostomy Tube Insertion for Enteral Nutrition: Comparison of Outcomes after Laparoscopic versus Radiologic Insertion.
- Laparoscopic feeding jejunostomy tube in oncology patients.
- Late accidental dislodgement of a percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tube: an underestimated burden on patients and the health care system.
- Leuconostoc bacteremia in pediatric patients with short bowel syndrome: case series and review.
- Long-term morbidities associated with vocal cord paralysis after surgical closure of a patent ductus arteriosus in extremely low birth weight infants.
- Malnutrition and Nutritional Support in Alcoholic Liver Disease: a Review.
- Management Considerations for Recalcitrant Hyperemesis.
- Managing hyperglycemia and diabetes in patients receiving enteral feedings: A health system approach.
- Metabolic and nutritional support of critically ill patients: consensus and controversies.
- Metoclopramide Reduces Fluoroscopy and Procedure Time during Gastrojejunostomy Tube Placement: A Placebo-Controlled Trial.
- Modifiable Risk Factors in Necrotizing Enterocolitis.
- Mortality with percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy.
- Necrotizing enterocolitis in infants with ductal-dependent congenital heart disease.
- Non-nutritive sucking for preterm infants in Egypt.
- Nutrition Therapy in Sepsis.
- Nutrition care of patients with acute and chronic respiratory failure.
- Nutrition for the high-risk surgical patient, when they need it most: Question and answer session.
- Nutrition therapy in critically ill infants and children.
- Nutritional pharmacology in surgery and critical care: 'you must unlearn what you have learned'.
- Nutritional support in acute and chronic pancreatitis.
- Nutritional support in patients with systemic scleroderma.
- Nutritional support in the critically ill elderly patient.
- On enteral nutrition during multimodality therapy in upper gastrointestinal cancer patients.
- Outcomes of Exclusion Enteral Nutrition in Paediatric-Onset Crohn's Disease in New Zealand.
- Overcoming challenges to enteral nutrition delivery in critical care.
- Parenteral and enteral metabolism of anaplerotic triheptanoin in normal rats. II. Effects on lipolysis, glucose production, and liver acyl-CoA profile.
- Percutaneous Gastrojejunostomy Tube Insertion in Patients with Surgical Gastrojejunal Anastomoses: Analysis of Success Rates and Durability.
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy vs surgical gastrostomy in infants with congenital heart disease.
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy. Initial placement by single endoscopic technique and long-term follow-up.
- Percutaneous gastrojejunostomy tubes: Identification of predictors of retrograde jejunal limb migration into the stomach.
- Promotility agents for the treatment of ileus in adult surgical patients: A practice management guideline from the Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma.
- Protocol versus ad libitum feeds after laparoscopic pyloromyotomy: a prospective randomized trial.
- Regulation of intestinal cholecystokinin and somatostatin mRNA by bombesin in rats.
- Resolving feeding difficulties with early airway intervention in Pierre Robin Sequence.
- Safety of Appetite Manipulation in Children with Feeding Disorders Admitted to an Inpatient Feeding Program.
- Serum tocopherol levels in very preterm infants after a single dose of vitamin E at birth.
- Short-term oral sensory deprivation: possible cause of binge eating in sham-feeding dogs.
- Sleep-Wake States and Feeding Progression in Preterm Infants.
- Successful Identification of Anatomical Markers and Placement of Feeding Tubes in Critically Ill Patients via Camera-Assisted Technology with Real-Time Video Guidance.
- Supplemental Parenteral Nutrition: Review of the Literature and Current Nutrition Guidelines.
- Surrogates' perceptions about feeding tube placement decisions.
- Systemic and mucosal levels of lactoferrin in very low birth weight infants supplemented with bovine lactoferrin.
- T-fastener migration after percutaneous gastropexy for transgastric enteral tube insertion.
- The Obesity Paradox and Effects of Early Nutrition: Is There a Paradox, or Is There Not?
- The clinical course of advanced dementia.
- The gut microbiome of extremely preterm infants randomized to the early progression of enteral feeding.
- The malnourished surgery patient: a silent epidemic in perioperative outcomes?
- The second decade: a new beginning.
- Timing of percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tube placement in head and neck cancer patients.
- Transpyloric tube feeding in very low birthweight infants with suspected gastroesophageal reflux: impact on apnea and bradycardia.
- Trends in the use of feeding tubes in North Carolina hospitals.
- Use and Safety of Erythromycin and Metoclopramide in Hospitalized Infants.
- Using an Electromagnetic Guidance System for Placement of Small-Bowel Feeding Tubes to Reduce Feeding Start Times.
- Visualization of the esophagus during catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation.
Keywords of People
- Kim, Charles Yoon, Professor of Radiology, Radiology, Interventional Radiology
- Stinnett, Sandra Sue, Associate Professor of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics, Biostatistics & Bioinformatics