Subject Areas on Research
- A Twitter primer: Dos and don'ts for cytopathologists.
- ACCF/AHA consensus conference report on professionalism and ethics.
- American Association for the History of Medicine. Report of the Committee on Ethical Codes. Ethical codes concerning historical research.
- Cardiovascular preparticipation screening of competitive athletes. A statement for health professionals from the Sudden Death Committee (clinical cardiology) and Congenital Cardiac Defects Committee (cardiovascular disease in the young), American Heart Association.
- Commentary: Knowing it when we see it: reflections on pornography.
- Deciding for Others
- Geriatric content in medical school curricula: results of a national survey.
- Membership of tobacco industry scientists in scientific societies.
- Nonscientist participation in the peer review process: is it desirable? Is it implementable? Who are the nonscientists who should become involved? A panel discussion.
- Potential conflict of interest.
- Predatory publishing is everyone's concern.
- Prescriptions for justice: using social accounts to legitimate the exercise of professional control.
- Should statisticians reporting to data monitoring committees be independent of the trial sponsor and leadership?
- The Legal Ethics of Pediatric Research
- Web-based education in science and engineering ethics--topic and technology barriers--commentary on "Ways of thinking about and teaching ethical problem solving: microethics and macroethics in engineering".
Keywords of People
- Thielman, Samuel B., Adjunct Associate Professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, Social and Community Psychiatry