Subject Areas on Research
- Advance Directives and the Personal Identity Problem
- Deciding for Others
- From the Johns Hopkins Baby to Baby Miller: what have we learned from four decades of reflection on neonatal cases?
- House calls to Cardinal Jackson.
- Patient age and decisions to withhold life-sustaining treatments from seriously ill, hospitalized adults. SUPPORT Investigators. Study to Understand Prognoses and Preferences for Outcomes and Risks of Treatment.
- Principal/agent theory and decision making in health care.
- The limits of proxy decisionmaking for incompetents.
- Treatment decisions for terminally ill patients: physicians' legal defensiveness and knowledge of medical law.
- Why Physicians Should Oppose Assisted Suicide.
- Withholding versus withdrawing life-sustaining treatment: patient factors and documentation associated with dialysis decisions.