Subject Areas on Research
- BMPs induce dermal markers and ectopic feather tracts.
- Brain development, song learning and mate choice in birds: a review and experimental test of the "nutritional stress hypothesis".
- Dynamic evolution of the alpha (α) and beta (β) keratins has accompanied integument diversification and the adaptation of birds into novel lifestyles.
- Feather development genes and associated regulatory innovation predate the origin of Dinosauria.
- Nestling growth and song repertoire size in great reed warblers: evidence for song learning as an indicator mechanism in mate choice.
- The role of cDermo-1 and cTwist in the avian embryo.
- cDermo-1 misexpression induces dense dermis, feathers, and scales.