Subject Areas on Research
- Apoptosis in atretic ovarian follicles is associated with selective decreases in messenger ribonucleic acid transcripts for gonadotropin receptors and cytochrome P450 aromatase.
- Biochemical identification of apoptosis (programmed cell death) in granulosa cells: evidence for a potential mechanism underlying follicular atresia.
- Decreased intracellular potassium levels underlie increased progesterone synthesis during ovarian follicular atresia.
- High and low molecular weight DNA cleavage in ovarian granulosa cells: characterization and protease modulation in intact cells and in cell-free nuclear autodigestion assays.
- Steroidogenesis in porcine atretic follicles: loss of aromatase activity in isolated granulosa and theca.