Subject Areas on Research
- 18F-FDG-PET/CT Imaging for Gastrointestinal Malignancies.
- A Novel Approach: Local Resection for Ampullary GIST-Case Report and Review of Literature.
- A functional NQO1 609C>T polymorphism and risk of gastrointestinal cancers: a meta-analysis.
- A multiphase immunotherapy regimen for human melanoma: clinical and laboratory results.
- A novel conditionally replicating "armed" adenovirus selectively targeting gastrointestinal tumors with aberrant wnt signaling.
- A phase II trial of recombinant human interferon-gamma and recombinant tumor necrosis factor in patients with advanced gastrointestinal malignancies: results of a trial terminated by excessive toxicity.
- A randomized pilot trial of a videoconference couples communication intervention for advanced GI cancer.
- A surgical oncology perspective on AIDS.
- Abdominal leiomyosarcoma: aggressive management.
- Acoustic radiation force impulse (ARFI) imaging of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Advanced imaging and technology in gastrointestinal neoplasia: summary of the AGA-NCI Symposium October 4-5, 2004.
- Age and alarm symptoms do not predict endoscopic findings among patients with dyspepsia: a multicentre database study.
- Ambivalence over emotional expression in patients with gastrointestinal cancer and their caregivers: associations with patient pain and quality of life.
- American College of Surgeons Oncology Group and the community surgeon.
- Antioxidants and prevention of gastrointestinal cancers.
- Cancer and leukemia group B gastrointestinal cancer committee.
- Carcinoid tumors of the gastrointestinal tract. A review and the Duke University institutional overview.
- Cellular and biological therapies of gastrointestinal tumors: overview of clinical trials.
- Chemoradiotherapy in gastrointestinal malignancies.
- Clinical Characteristics and Outcomes for Solitary Fibrous Tumor (SFT): A Single Center Experience.
- Clinical outcomes of patients with advanced gastrointestinal stromal tumors: safety and efficacy in a worldwide treatment-use trial of sunitinib.
- Clinical research in pancreatic cancer: the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group trials.
- Comparative Molecular Analysis of Gastrointestinal Adenocarcinomas.
- Competing Mortality in Patients With Neuroendocrine Tumors.
- Complete longitudinal analyses of the randomized, placebo-controlled, phase III trial of sunitinib in patients with gastrointestinal stromal tumor following imatinib failure.
- Compliance with therapeutic guidelines in Radiation Therapy Oncology Group prospective gastrointestinal clinical trials.
- Concurrent capecitabine and upper abdominal radiation therapy is well tolerated.
- Correlation of Long-term Results of Imatinib in Advanced Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors With Next-Generation Sequencing Results: Analysis of Phase 3 SWOG Intergroup Trial S0033.
- Developmental biology informs cancer: the emerging role of the hedgehog signaling pathway in upper gastrointestinal cancers.
- Diagnosis of gastrointestinal T-cell lymphomas in routinely processed tissues.
- Diagnosis-specific prognostic factors, indexes, and treatment outcomes for patients with newly diagnosed brain metastases: a multi-institutional analysis of 4,259 patients.
- Diffuse neonatal hemangiomatosis: imaging findings in two patients.
- Disclosure between patients with gastrointestinal cancer and their spouses.
- Distinct Sleep Disturbance Profiles in Patients With Gastrointestinal Cancers Receiving Chemotherapy.
- Distinct profiles of multiple co-occurring symptoms in patients with gastrointestinal cancers receiving chemotherapy.
- Early outcomes of empiric embolization of tumor-related gastrointestinal hemorrhage in patients with advanced malignancy.
- Electronic patient-reported data capture as a foundation of rapid learning cancer care.
- Endoscopic ultrasound. State of the art.
- Epigenetic mechanisms underlying diet-sourced compounds in the prevention and treatment of gastrointestinal cancer.
- Evaluation of an 131I-labeled HER2-specific single domain antibody fragment for the radiopharmaceutical therapy of HER2-expressing cancers.
- Fine-needle aspiration of gastrointestinal stromal tumors.
- Foregut carcinoids: a clinical and biochemical analysis.
- Gamma Knife radiosurgery for brain metastases from gastrointestinal primary.
- Gastrointestinal carcinoids: characterization by site of origin and hormone production.
- Gastrointestinal involvement and multiple lymphomatous polyposis in mantle-zone lymphoma.
- Gefitinib (Iressa, ZD1839) and tyrosine kinase inhibitors: the wave of the future in cancer therapy.
- Gene-Expression Profiling of Mucinous Ovarian Tumors and Comparison with Upper and Lower Gastrointestinal Tumors Identifies Markers Associated with Adverse Outcomes.
- Genetic deletion of receptor for hyaluronan-mediated motility (Rhamm) attenuates the formation of aggressive fibromatosis (desmoid tumor).
- Gut organoids: mini-tissues in culture to study intestinal physiology and disease.
- Hepatic resection for metastatic gastrointestinal stromal tumors in the tyrosine kinase inhibitor era.
- Image of the month.
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy for gastrointestinal tumors.
- Intraoperative interstitial microwave-induced hyperthermia and brachytherapy.
- Intraoperative radiotherapy for gastrointestinal malignancies: contemporary outcomes with multimodality therapy.
- Long-term results of adjuvant imatinib mesylate in localized, high-risk, primary gastrointestinal stromal tumor: ACOSOG Z9000 (Alliance) intergroup phase 2 trial.
- Lymphatic mapping and sentinel node analysis: current concepts and applications.
- Lymphomas of the gastro-intestinal tract - pathophysiology, pathology, and differential diagnosis.
- Malignant melanoma metastatic to the gastrointestinal tract.
- Metastatic breast cancers have reduced immune cell recruitment but harbor increased macrophages relative to their matched primary tumors.
- Mitomycin C and menadione for the treatment of advanced gastrointestinal cancers: a phase II trial.
- Mixed Adenoneuroendocrine Carcinoma, Amphicrine Type, of the Small Bowel.
- Mortality patterns of rock and slag mineral wool production workers: an epidemiological and environmental study.
- Mosaic partial deletion of the PTEN gene in a patient with Cowden syndrome.
- Multisite, Randomized Trial of Early Integrated Palliative and Oncology Care in Patients with Advanced Lung and Gastrointestinal Cancer: Alliance A221303.
- Mutation in the mismatch repair gene Msh6 causes cancer susceptibility.
- Neuroendocrine neoplasms of the GI tract: the role of cytotoxic chemotherapy.
- Neuroendocrine tumors of the gastrointestinal tract and the role of cytotoxic chemotherapy.
- New presentation of alpha heavy chain disease: North American polypoid gastrointestinal lymphoma. Clinical and cellular studies.
- On enteral nutrition during multimodality therapy in upper gastrointestinal cancer patients.
- Overcoming Resistance to Targeted Therapies in Gastrointestinal Cancers: Progress to Date and Progress to Come.
- Overlapping spectra of SMAD4 mutations in juvenile polyposis (JP) and JP-HHT syndrome.
- Pancreatic cancer: future outlook, promising trials, newer systemic agents, and strategies from the Gastrointestinal Intergroup Pancreatic Cancer Task Force.
- Partner-assisted emotional disclosure for patients with GI cancer: 8-week follow-up and processes associated with change.
- Partner-assisted emotional disclosure for patients with gastrointestinal cancer: results from a randomized controlled trial.
- Percutaneous fine-needle aspiration of gastrointestinal wall lesions with image guidance.
- Phase 1 Dose Escalation Study of MEDI-565, a Bispecific T-Cell Engager that Targets Human Carcinoembryonic Antigen, in Patients With Advanced Gastrointestinal Adenocarcinomas.
- Phase I study of intraperitoneal recombinant human interleukin 12 in patients with Müllerian carcinoma, gastrointestinal primary malignancies, and mesothelioma.
- Phase I trial of intraperitoneal iododeoxyuridine with and without intravenous high-dose folinic acid in the treatment of advanced malignancies primarily confined to the peritoneal cavity: flow cytometric and pharmacokinetic analysis.
- Phase I trial of recombinant human gamma-interferon and recombinant human tumor necrosis factor in patients with advanced gastrointestinal cancer.
- Predictors of duloxetine response in patients with oxaliplatin-induced painful chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy (CIPN): a secondary analysis of randomised controlled trial - CALGB/alliance 170601.
- Primary gastrointestinal lymphoma.
- Primary tumor resection improves survival of gastrointestinal neuroendocrine carcinoma patients with nonresected liver metastases.
- Radiation Therapy Oncology Group. Research Plan 2002-2006. Gastrointestinal Cancer Committee.
- Radiologic imaging of AIDS.
- Radiologic, endoscopic, and surgical considerations of melanoma metastatic to the gastrointestinal tract.
- Reconstruction with vascularized composite tissue in patients with excessive injury following surgery and irradiation.
- Reflectance spectroscopy.
- Reflections on Anthony Zietman From Gastrointestinal Cancer and Physics Editors.
- Results of a pilot study of the effects of celecoxib on cancer cachexia in patients with cancer of the head, neck, and gastrointestinal tract.
- Risk Factors for Hospitalizations Among Older Adults with Gastrointestinal Cancers.
- Risk of Pelvic Fracture With Radiation Therapy in Older Patients.
- Secondary gastrointestinal cancer in childhood cancer survivors: a cohort study.
- Sexual concerns in cancer patients: a comparison of GI and breast cancer patients.
- Should abdominal cluster transplantation be abandoned?
- Signet ring adenocarcinoma metastatic to the bronchus and mimicking goblet cell hyperplasia. A case report.
- Small-bowel malabsorption and gastrointestinal malignancy.
- Summaries for patients. Increased risk for gastrointestinal cancer in childhood cancer survivors.
- Surgical options for advanced/metastatic gastrointestinal stromal tumors.
- Surgical therapy of localized abdominal non-Hodgkin's lymphomas.
- Survival and prognostic factors in patients with gastrointestinal cancers and brain metastases: have we made progress?
- Synchronous occurrence of gastrointestinal stromal tumour and ovarian neoplasm in a patient presenting with acute cholecystitis.
- Targeted agents for sarcoma: is individualized therapy possible in such a diverse tumor type?
- Targeting vascular endothelial growth factor in advanced carcinoid tumor: a random assignment phase II study of depot octreotide with bevacizumab and pegylated interferon alpha-2b.
- Technology Assessment Status Evaluation: tissue sampling during endosonography. February 1997. ASGE. American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
- The Chicago Consensus on Peritoneal Surface Malignancies: Management of Desmoplastic Small Round Cell Tumor, Breast, and Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors.
- The Chicago Consensus on peritoneal surface malignancies: Management of desmoplastic small round cell tumor, breast, and gastrointestinal stromal tumors.
- The role of surgery for patients with metastatic melanoma.
- The social context of gastrointestinal cancer pain: a preliminary study examining the relation of patient pain catastrophizing to patient perceptions of social support and caregiver stress and negative responses.
- The surgical management of metastatic melanoma.
- Themes Addressed by Couples With Advanced Cancer During a Communication Skills Training Intervention.
- Tomorrow's cancer treatments today: the first 50 years of the Cancer and Leukemia Group B.
- Top Ten Tips Palliative Care Clinicians Should Know About Interventional Symptom Management Options When Caring for Patients with Gastrointestinal Malignancies.
- Tumor infiltrating lymphocyte therapy for metastatic melanoma: analysis of tumors resected for TIL.
- Use of Everolimus After Multivisceral Transplantation: A Report of Two Cases.
- Validation of the Patient Care Monitor (Version 2.0): a review of system assessment instrument for cancer patients.
- Variations of very low-density lipoprotein receptor subtype expression in gastrointestinal adenocarcinoma cells with various differentiations.
- What's new in gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary surgery.
- Widespread organ tolerance to Xist loss and X reactivation except under chronic stress in the gut.
- beta-Catenin stabilization dysregulates mesenchymal cell proliferation, motility, and invasiveness and causes aggressive fibromatosis and hyperplastic cutaneous wounds.
- mTORC1 inhibition restricts inflammation-associated gastrointestinal tumorigenesis in mice.
Keywords of People
- Dement, John McCray, Professor Emeritus in Family Medicine and Community Health, Family Medicine & Community Health,Occupational & Environmental Medicine
- Jowell, Paul Simon, Professor of Medicine, Medicine, Gastroenterology
- Kim, Charles Yoon, Professor of Radiology, Radiology, Interventional Radiology
- Uronis, Hope Elizabeth, Associate Professor of Medicine, Medicine, Medical Oncology
- Zafar, Syed Yousuf, Adjunct Professor in the Department of Medicine, Duke Science & Society