Subject Areas on Research
- A highly parallel method for synthesizing DNA repeats enables the discovery of 'smart' protein polymers.
- An insulin-like growth factor II (IGF-II) affinity-enhancing domain localized within extracytoplasmic repeat 13 of the IGF-II/mannose 6-phosphate receptor.
- C-myc-induced apoptosis in polycystic kidney disease is Bcl-2 and p53 independent.
- Decoding biological principles using gene circuits.
- Engineered zinc finger-activating vascular endothelial growth factor transcription factor plasmid DNA induces therapeutic angiogenesis in rabbits with hindlimb ischemia.
- Establishment of Expression in the SHORTROOT-SCARECROW Transcriptional Cascade through Opposing Activities of Both Activators and Repressors.
- Focal expression of mutant huntingtin in the songbird basal ganglia disrupts cortico-basal ganglia networks and vocal sequences.
- Human apolipoprotein B transgenic mice generated with 207- and 145-kilobase pair bacterial artificial chromosomes. Evidence that a distant 5'-element confers appropriate transgene expression in the intestine.
- Interleukin-1 stimulates the beta-amyloid precursor protein promoter.
- Multifactorial determinants of protein expression in prokaryotic open reading frames.
- Oscillations by minimal bacterial suicide circuits reveal hidden facets of host-circuit physiology.
- Overexpression of AtCPS and AtKS in Arabidopsis confers increased ent-kaurene production but no increase in bioactive gibberellins.
- Synthesis of DNA coding for human proinsulin.
- Temporal control of self-organized pattern formation without morphogen gradients in bacteria.