Subject Areas on Research
- Brain ligatin: a membrane lectin that binds acetylcholinesterase.
- Congenital hemolytic anemias and red cell enzyme deficiencies.
- Definitive prenatal diagnosis for type III glycogen storage disease.
- Engineering of glucose-stimulated insulin secretion and biosynthesis in non-islet cells.
- Expression of glucokinase in cultured human muscle cells confers insulin-independent and glucose concentration-dependent increases in glucose disposal and storage.
- L-glutamine D-fructose-6-P aminotransferase regulation by glucose-6-P and UDP-N-acetylglucosamine.
- Ribose metabolism and nucleic acid synthesis in normal and glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase-deficient human erythrocytes infected with Plasmodium falciparum.
- The beta-phosphoro[35S]thioate analogue of UDP-Glc is efficiently utilized by the glucose phosphotransferase and is relatively resistant to hydrolytic degradation.