Subject Areas on Research
- A futile metabolic cycle activated in adipocytes by antidiabetic agents.
- Common Variants in the Glycerol Kinase Gene Reduce Tuberculosis Drug Efficacy.
- Effects of modulation of glycerol kinase expression on lipid and carbohydrate metabolism in human muscle cells.
- Engineering of glycerol-stimulated insulin secretion in islet beta cells. Differential metabolic fates of glucose and glycerol provide insight into mechanisms of stimulus-secretion coupling.
- Interplay of the Arabidopsis nonhost resistance gene NHO1 with bacterial virulence.
- Mitochondrial metabolism sets the maximal limit of fuel-stimulated insulin secretion in a model pancreatic beta cell: a survey of four fuel secretagogues.