Subject Areas on Research
- A Germline-Targeting Chimpanzee SIV Envelope Glycoprotein Elicits a New Class of V2-Apex Directed Cross-Neutralizing Antibodies.
- A chemical glycoproteomics platform reveals O-GlcNAcylation of mitochondrial voltage-dependent anion channel 2.
- A conserved bulged adenosine in a peripheral duplex of the antigenomic HDV self-cleaving RNA reduceskinetic trapping of inactive conformations.
- A designed glycoprotein analogue of Gc-MAF exhibits native-like phagocytic activity.
- A marriage of enhancement: fibrinolysis and conjunctive therapy.
- A metabolic signature of colon cancer initiating cells.
- A model for assembly of type-c oncornaviruses.
- A mutation in cartilage oligomeric matrix protein (COMP) causes early-onset osteoarthritis in a large kindred study.
- A new Kupffer cell receptor mediating plasma clearance of carcinoembryonic antigen by the rat.
- A non-neutralizing glycoprotein B monoclonal antibody protects against herpes simplex virus disease in mice.
- A novel fibrotic disorder associated with increased dermal fibroblast proliferation and downregulation of genes of the microfibrillar network.
- A novel function of VCP (valosin-containing protein; p97) in the control of N-glycosylation of proteins in the endoplasmic reticulum.
- A phase II prospective multi-institutional trial of adjuvant active specific immunotherapy following curative resection of colorectal cancer hepatic metastases: cancer and leukemia group B study 89903.
- A possible role for ligatin and the phosphoglycoproteins it binds in calcium-dependent retinal cell adhesion.
- A role for myocilin in receptor-mediated endocytosis.
- A third distinct tumor necrosis factor receptor of orthopoxviruses.
- A tissue-engineered human trabecular meshwork hydrogel for advanced glaucoma disease modeling.
- ALDH activity selectively defines an enhanced tumor-initiating cell population relative to CD133 expression in human pancreatic adenocarcinoma.
- AMH induces mesonephric cell migration in XX gonads.
- ASTN2 modulates synaptic strength by trafficking and degradation of surface proteins.
- Activated alpha 2-macroglobulin promotes mitogenesis in rat vascular smooth muscle cells by a mechanism that is independent of growth-factor-carrier activity.
- Activin A and follistatin are dynamically regulated during human pregnancy.
- Adherence of bacteria to mammalian cells: inhibition by tunicamycin and streptovirudin.
- Adverse alterations in bone metabolism are associated with lung infection in adults with cystic fibrosis.
- Aging is not associated with bone marrow-resident progenitor cell depletion.
- AglQ is a novel component of the Haloferax volcanii N-glycosylation pathway.
- Alemtuzumab for the prevention and treatment of graft-versus-host disease.
- Alemtuzumab in the treatment of refractory acute rejection and bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome after human lung transplantation.
- Alphavirus replicon particles as candidate HIV vaccines.
- An N-linked tetrasaccharide from Halobacterium salinarum presents a novel modification, sulfation of iduronic acid at the O-3 position.
- An essential role for Prox1 in the induction of the lymphatic endothelial cell phenotype.
- Analysis of inter-alpha-trypsin inhibitor and a novel trypsin inhibitor, pre-alpha-trypsin inhibitor, from human plasma. Polypeptide chain stoichiometry and assembly by glycan.
- Analysis of the glycoproteome of Toxoplasma gondii using lectin affinity chromatography and tandem mass spectrometry.
- Androgen stimulation of gross cystic disease fluid protein and carcinoembryonic antigen in patients with metastatic breast carcinoma.
- Anti-beta(2)-glycoprotein I antibody-mediated inhibition of activated protein C requires binding of beta(2)-glycoprotein I to phospholipids.
- Anti-tumor necrosis factor-alpha therapy augments dipeptidyl peptidase IV activity and decreases autoantibodies to GRP78/BIP and phosphoglucose isomerase in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
- Antibodies to prothrombin, factor V, and beta2-glycoprotein I and vascular access thrombosis.
- Antigenicity and immunogenicity of HIV-1 consensus subtype B envelope glycoproteins.
- Antigenicity and immunogenicity of transmitted/founder, consensus, and chronic envelope glycoproteins of human immunodeficiency virus type 1.
- Antiphospholipid antibodies after surgical exposure to topical bovine thrombin.
- Antithrombin III, a serpin family protease inhibitor, is a major heparin binding protein in porcine aqueous humor.
- Antitumor activity of epidermal growth factor receptor-related protein is mediated by inactivation of ErbB receptors and nuclear factor-kappaB in pancreatic cancer.
- Apolipoprotein J/clusterin induction in myocarditis: A localized response gene to myocardial injury.
- Arachidonic acid stimulates mucin secretion in prairie dog gallbladder.
- Ascorbic acid increases the severity of spontaneous knee osteoarthritis in a guinea pig model.
- Assembly and maturation of HLA-A and HLA-B antigens in vivo.
- Assembly of type C oncornaviruses: a model.
- Assessment of the utility of biomarkers of osteoarthritis in the guinea pig.
- Association between invasive ovarian cancer susceptibility and 11 best candidate SNPs from breast cancer genome-wide association study.
- Association of biomarkers with pre-radiographically defined and radiographically defined knee osteoarthritis in a population-based study.
- Astrocytes "Chordinate" Synapse Maturation and Plasticity.
- Axonal transport of [3H]fucose-labeled glycoproteins in two intra-brain tracts of the rat.
- BMP antagonism is required in both the node and lateral plate mesoderm for mammalian left-right axis establishment.
- Beta2-glycoprotein I-dependent anticardiolipin antibodies preferentially bind the amino terminal domain of beta2-glycoprotein I.
- Bi-allelic variants in the ER quality-control mannosidase gene EDEM3 cause a congenital disorder of glycosylation.
- Bile salts stimulate glycoprotein release by guinea pig gallbladder in vitro.
- Binding site for C4b-binding protein in vitamin K-dependent protein S fully contained in carboxy-terminal laminin-G-type repeats. A study using recombinant factor IX-protein S chimeras and surface plasmon resonance.
- Binding site for human immunodeficiency virus coat protein gp120 is located in the NH2-terminal region of T4 (CD4) and requires the intact variable-region-like domain.
- Biochemical properties of oncornavirus polypeptides.
- Biological, immunological, and biochemical evidence that HIX virus is a recombinant between Moloney leukemia virus and a murine xenotropic C type virus.
- Biomarkers associated with clinical phenotypes of hand osteoarthritis in a large multigenerational family: the CARRIAGE family study.
- Biomarkers of incident radiographic knee osteoarthritis: do they vary by chronic knee symptoms?
- Biosynthesis of EGF receptor, transferrin receptor and colligin by cultured human keratinocytes and the effect of retinoic acid.
- Body temperature-dependent and independent actions of chlordimeform on visual evoked potentials and axonal transport in optic system of rat.
- Brain cancer stem cells display preferential sensitivity to Akt inhibition.
- CD4+CD45RBHi T cell transfer induced colitis in mice is accompanied by osteopenia which is treatable with recombinant human osteoprotegerin.
- CD6-ligand interactions: a paradigm for SRCR domain function?
- CYP1B1, MYOC, and LTBP2 mutations in primary congenital glaucoma patients in the United States.
- Ca++-switch induction of RPE differentiation.
- Calcium binding domains and calcium-induced conformational transition of SPARC/BM-40/osteonectin, an extracellular glycoprotein expressed in mineralized and nonmineralized tissues.
- Candidate sulfonated and sulfated topical microbicides: comparison of anti-human immunodeficiency virus activities and mechanisms of action.
- Carbohydrate cytochemistry by transmission and scanning electron microscopy.
- Carbohydrate recognition systems in amphibians: primitive alpha 2-macroglobulin receptors.
- Cell surface-associated proteins which bind native type IV collagen or gelatin.
- Changes in the rate of laminin and entactin synthesis in F9 embryonal carcinoma cells treated with retinoic acid and cyclic amp.
- Characteristics of a neutralizing monoclonal antibody to the HIV envelope glycoprotein.
- Characterization of a cholesterol response element (CRE) in the promoter of the cholesteryl ester transfer protein gene: functional role of the transcription factors SREBP-1a, -2, and YY1.
- Characterization of antigens in SSV nonproducer cells.
- Characterization of free-floating spheres from human trabecular meshwork (HTM) cell culture in vitro.
- Characterization of keratinocyte plasminogen activator inhibitors and demonstration of the prevention of pemphigus IgG-induced acantholysis by a purified plasminogen activator inhibitor.
- Characterization of the immune response to the major glycoprotein (gp 71) of Friend leukemia virus. I. Response in BALB/c mice.
- Characterization of the immune response to the major glycoprotein (gp71) of Friend leukemia virus. II. Response in C57BL/6 mice.
- Characterization of the immune response to the major glycoprotein (gp71) of Friend leukemia virus. III. Influence on endogenous MuLV-mediated pathogenesis.
- Characterizing differences between MSCs and TM cells: Toward autologous stem cell therapies for the glaucomatous trabecular meshwork.
- Chordin and noggin promote organizing centers of forebrain development in the mouse.
- Chordin is a modifier of tbx1 for the craniofacial malformations of 22q11 deletion syndrome phenotypes in mouse.
- Chordin is required for neural but not axial development in sea urchin embryos.
- Circulating glycoconjugates in CSF of meningioma patients.
- Circulating progenitor cells can be reliably identified on the basis of aldehyde dehydrogenase activity.
- Cleavage of the SARS coronavirus spike glycoprotein by airway proteases enhances virus entry into human bronchial epithelial cells in vitro.
- Cloning, mapping, and characterization of activated leukocyte-cell adhesion molecule (ALCAM), a CD6 ligand.
- Closing and Opening Holes in the Glycan Shield of HIV-1 Envelope Glycoprotein SOSIP Trimers Can Redirect the Neutralizing Antibody Response to the Newly Unmasked Epitopes.
- Clusterin promotes the aggregation and adhesion of renal porcine epithelial cells.
- Clusterin: an enigmatic protein recruited by diverse stimuli.
- Codelivery of Envelope Protein in Alum with MVA Vaccine Induces CXCR3-Biased CXCR5+ and CXCR5- CD4 T Cell Responses in Rhesus Macaques.
- Coiled-coil targeting of myocilin to intracellular membranes.
- Common endothelial progenitor cell assays identify discrete endothelial progenitor cell populations.
- Comparison of glycoproteins isolated by phenol-water partition of human erythrocyte membranes.
- Comparison of systemic and mucosal delivery of 2 canarypox virus vaccines expressing either HIV-1 genes or the gene for rabies virus G protein.
- Complement-mediated binding of naturally glycosylated and glycosylation-modified human immunodeficiency virus type 1 to human CR2 (CD21).
- Conformational mechanics, adsorption, and normal force interactions of lubricin and hyaluronic acid on model surfaces.
- Congenital dyserythropoietic anemia type I: First report from the Congenital Dyserythropoietic Anemia Registry of North America (CDAR).
- Connecting genetic risk to disease end points through the human blood plasma proteome.
- Convergent differential regulation of SLIT-ROBO axon guidance genes in the brains of vocal learners.
- Correlation of the tight junction-like distribution of Claudin-1 to the cellular tropism of hepatitis C virus.
- Cryopreservation of neurospheres derived from human glioblastoma multiforme.
- Current status and strategies for vaccines against diseases induced by human T-cell lymphotropic retroviruses (HTLV-I, -II, -III).
- D6.1, a murine antimelanoma monoclonal antibody from congenitally athymic nude mice immunized with purified melanoma tumor-associated antigen.
- Deployment of extracellular matrix proteins in sea urchin embryogenesis.
- Detection of the major glycoproteins of Friend leukemia virus (gp71) and the murine mammary tumor virus (gp52) on the surface of mouse cells.
- Determination of molecular structures of HIV envelope glycoproteins using cryo-electron tomography and automated sub-tomogram averaging.
- Developmental and transformation-sensitive expression of the Sparc gene on mouse chromosome 11.
- Developmental expression of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase (TIMP) RNA.
- Developmental origin of peripheral ciliary band neurons in the sea urchin embryo.
- Diagnosis of osteoarthritis in relation to molecular processes in cartilage: comment on the article by Clark et al.
- Differential production of high molecular weight sulfated glycoproteins in normal colonic mucosa, primary colon carcinoma, and metastases.
- Differential reconstitution of T cell subsets following immunodepleting treatment with alemtuzumab (anti-CD52 monoclonal antibody) in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis.
- Differential response and withdrawal profile of glucocorticoid-treated human trabecular meshwork cells.
- Differentiation of human T lymphocytes: II. Phenotypic difference in skin and blood malignant T-cells in cutaneous T-cell lymphoma.
- Direct in vivo evidence for tumor propagation by glioblastoma cancer stem cells.
- Disruption of ErbB receptor signaling in adult non-myelinating Schwann cells causes progressive sensory loss.
- Distinct interactions of the X-linked lymphoproliferative syndrome gene product SAP with cytoplasmic domains of members of the CD2 receptor family.
- Distinct patterns of glycosylation of colligin, a collagen-binding glycoprotein, and SPARC (osteonectin), a secreted Ca2+-binding glycoprotein. Evidence for the localisation of colligin in the endoplasmic reticulum.
- Distribution and physical properties of BCA200, a Mr 200,000 glycoprotein selectively associated with human breast cancer.
- Distribution of CD133 reveals glioma stem cells self-renew through symmetric and asymmetric cell divisions.
- Distribution of type VI collagen in human gliomas: comparison with fibronectin and glioma-mesenchymal matrix glycoprotein.
- Diurnal variation of serum and urine biomarkers in patients with radiographic knee osteoarthritis.
- Dolichyl-phosphate-glucose is used to make O-glycans on glycoproteins of Trichomonas vaginalis.
- Double antibody radioimmunoassay for monitoring metastatic breast cancer.
- Dysregulation of multiple facets of glycogen metabolism in a murine model of Pompe disease.
- Echinonectin: a new embryonic substrate adhesion protein.
- Effect of interferon on murine leukemia virus infection. II. Synthesis of viral components in exogenous infection.
- Effects of granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor produced in Chinese hamster ovary cells (regramostim), Escherichia coli (molgramostim) and yeast (sargramostim) on priming peripheral blood progenitor cells for use with autologous bone marrow after high-dose chemotherapy.
- Effects of granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor produced in Chinese hamster ovary cells (regramostim), Escherichia coli (molgramostim) and yeast (sargramostim) on priming peripheral blood progenitor cells for use with autologous bone marrow after high-dose chemotherapy.
- Effects of hypothermia on the in vivo measurement of rapid axonal transport in the rat: a cautionary note.
- Effects of p-xylene inhalation on axonal transport in the rat retinal ganglion cells.
- Endocrine features of menstrual cycles in middle and late reproductive age and the menopausal transition classified according to the Staging of Reproductive Aging Workshop (STRAW) staging system.
- Endogenous bone morphogenetic protein antagonists regulate mammalian neural crest generation and survival.
- Engineering soluble major histocompatibility molecules: why and how.
- Engraftment of human synovium into severe combined immune deficient mice. Migration of human peripheral blood T cells to engrafted human synovium and to mouse lymph nodes.
- Epidermal growth factor receptor-related protein inhibits cell growth and invasion in pancreatic cancer.
- Epigenetic detection of human chromosome 14 uniparental disomy.
- Epigenetic regulation of CD133 and tumorigenicity of CD133+ ovarian cancer cells.
- Ethnic and sex differences in serum levels of cartilage oligomeric matrix protein: the Johnston County Osteoarthritis Project.
- Evaluation of expression based markers for the detection of breast cancer cells.
- Evaluation of recombinant adenovirus vaccines based on glycoprotein D and truncated UL25 against herpes simplex virus type 2 in mice.
- Evidence from molecular cloning that SPARC, a major product of mouse embryo parietal endoderm, is related to an endothelial cell 'culture shock' glycoprotein of Mr 43,000.
- Evidence that a precursor glycoprotein is cleaved to yield the major glycoprotein of avian tumor virus.
- Exposure to topical bovine thrombin during surgery elicits a response against the xenogeneic carbohydrate galactose alpha1-3galactose.
- Expression of TIMP in fetal and adult mouse tissues studied by in situ hybridization.
- Expression of clusterin in human renal diseases.
- Expression of genes for non-collagenous proteins during embryonic bone formation.
- Expression of the Salmonella spp. virulence factor SifA in yeast alters Rho1 activity on peroxisomes.
- Extracellular trafficking of myocilin in human trabecular meshwork cells.
- Extravascular plasminogen activator and inhibitor activities detected at the site of a chronic mycobacterial-induced inflammation.
- Fludarabine followed by alemtuzumab consolidation for previously untreated chronic lymphocytic leukemia: final report of Cancer and Leukemia Group B study 19901.
- Fluoxymesterone stimulation of tumor marker secretion in patients with breast carcinoma.
- Further characterization of erythrocyte p80 and the membrane protein defect of In(Lu) Lu(a-b-) erythrocytes.
- Further studies on platelet serotonin transporter binding in depression.
- Gallbladder glycoprotein secretion in mice with hemolytic anemia and pigment gallstones.
- Gene expression profile in human trabecular meshwork from patients with primary open-angle glaucoma.
- Genetic Variants in WNT2B and BTRC Predict Melanoma Survival.
- Genetic immunization with LYVE-1 cDNA yields function-blocking antibodies against native protein.
- Genetics of adult glaucoma.
- Genome-wide linkage analysis of quantitative biomarker traits of osteoarthritis in a large, multigenerational extended family.
- Genome-wide meta-analysis identifies 56 bone mineral density loci and reveals 14 loci associated with risk of fracture.
- Glaucoma genetics.
- Glaucoma in Ghana, West Africa: clinical features and the role of mutations in Myocilin.
- Glial growth factor 2, a soluble neuregulin, directly increases Schwann cell motility and indirectly promotes neurite outgrowth.
- Glioma stem cells promote radioresistance by preferential activation of the DNA damage response.
- Gln368STOP myocilin mutation in families with late-onset primary open-angle glaucoma.
- Glycosylation influences intracellular transit time and secretion rate of human prorenin in transfected cells.
- Glycosylation of serum HDL and LDL in rats given excess retinol.
- Group-specific antigenic determinants of the large envelope glycoprotein of avian oncornaviruses.
- Guanosinetriphosphatase activity of tubulin associated with microtubule assembly.
- HIV-1 gp120 and Modified Vaccinia Virus Ankara (MVA) gp140 Boost Immunogens Increase Immunogenicity of a DNA/MVA HIV-1 Vaccine.
- HIV-1 infection stimulates T cell invasiveness and synthesis of the 92-kDa type IV collagenase.
- Heparin cofactor II-proteinase reaction products exhibit neutrophil chemoattractant activity.
- Hepatic clearance and metabolism in the rat of a human breast cancer associated glycoprotein (GCDFP-15).
- Hepatic enrichment and activation of myeloid dendritic cells during chronic hepatitis C virus infection.
- Hepatic receptor that specifically binds oligosaccharides containing fucosyl alpha1 leads to 3 N-acetylglucosamine linkages.
- Hic-5 Regulates Actin Cytoskeletal Reorganization and Expression of Fibrogenic Markers and Myocilin in Trabecular Meshwork Cells.
- High molecular weight extracellular proteins synthesized by endoderm cells derived from mouse teratocarcinoma cells and normal extraembryonic membranes.
- High throughput, cell type-specific analysis of key proteins in human endometrial biopsies of women from fertile and infertile couples.
- Human UDP-galactose 4'-epimerase (GALE) is required for cell-surface glycome structure and function.
- Human colon cancer cells express multiple glycoprotein ligands for E-selectin.
- Human galectin 3 binding protein interacts with recombinant adeno-associated virus type 6.
- Humans have antibodies capable of recognizing oncoviral glycoproteins: demonstration that these antibodies are formed in response to cellular modification of glycoproteins rather than as consequence of exposure to virus.
- Huntington's disease: membrane abnormalities and protein glycosylation.
- Hydrocortisone inhibits mucin secretion from guinea pig gallbladder.
- Identification and characterization of a 100-kD ligand for CD6 on human thymic epithelial cells.
- Identification of CD15 as a marker for tumor-propagating cells in a mouse model of medulloblastoma.
- Identification of IOMA-class neutralizing antibodies targeting the CD4-binding site on the HIV-1 envelope glycoprotein.
- Identification of a secreted Mr 95,000 glycoprotein in human melanocytes and melanomas by a melanocyte specific monoclonal antibody.
- Identification of an immunoreactive glycoprotein in the urine of sarcoma patients.
- Identification of molecular signature of head and neck cancer stem-like cells.
- Identification of putative endothelial progenitor cells (CD34+CD133+Flk-1+) in endarterectomized tissue of patients with chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension.
- Identification of self-lipids presented by CD1c and CD1d proteins.
- Identifying alemtuzumab as an anti-myeloid cell antiangiogenic therapy for the treatment of ovarian cancer.
- Idiopathic systemic capillary leak syndrome (Clarkson's disease): the Mayo clinic experience.
- Immortalized rat proximal tubule cells produce membrane bound and soluble megalin.
- Immunochemical and biochemical characterization of a glioma-associated extracellular matrix glycoprotein.
- Immunochemical proof that a novel rearranging gene encodes the T cell receptor delta subunit.
- Immunogenicity study of glycoprotein-deficient rabies virus expressing simian/human immunodeficiency virus SHIV89.6P envelope in a rhesus macaque.
- Immunogold study of non-collagenous matrix components in normal and exfoliative iris.
- Immunohistochemical expression of TAG-72 in normal and malignant endometrium: correlation of antigen expression with estrogen receptor and progesterone receptor levels.
- Immunological properties of avian oncornavirus polypeptides.
- In vitro biological activities of echinonectin.
- In vitro synthesis of laminin and entactin polypeptides.
- In vivo catabolism of alpha 1-antichymotrypsin is mediated by the Serpin receptor which binds alpha 1-proteinase inhibitor, antithrombin III and heparin cofactor II.
- In vivo catabolism of heparin cofactor II and its complex with thrombin: evidence for a common receptor-mediated clearance pathway for three serine proteinase inhibitors.
- Inadequate antidiuretic hormone secretion after sagittal sinus thrombosis caused by protein S deficiency.
- Incorporation into Reichert's membrane of laminin-like extracellular proteins synthesized by parietal endoderm cells of the mouse embryo.
- Increased nonenzymatically glycosylated proteins in the vitreous humor of diabetic animals.
- Induction of autocrine epidermal growth factor receptor ligands in human keratinocytes by insulin/insulin-like growth factor-1.
- Induction of clusterin in acute and chronic oxidative renal disease in the rat and its dissociation from cell injury.
- Infection with Mycobacterium bovis BCG diverts traffic of myelin oligodendroglial glycoprotein autoantigen-specific T cells away from the central nervous system and ameliorates experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis.
- Inflammatory cells degrade inter-alpha inhibitor to liberate urinary proteinase inhibitors.
- Influence of antisera to oncornavirus glycoprotein (gp71) on infections of cats with feline leukemia virus.
- Inhibition of glycosylation of bovine herpesvirus 1 glycoproteins by the thymidine analog (E)-5-(2 Bromovinyl)-2'-deoxyuridine.
- Inhibition of protein synthesis also inhibits synthesis of lipid-linked oligosaccharides.
- Integrin alpha 6 regulates glioblastoma stem cells.
- Interaction of a 60-kilodalton D-mannose-containing salivary glycoprotein with type 1 fimbriae of Escherichia coli.
- Interaction of lubricin with type II collagen surfaces: adsorption, friction, and normal forces.
- Internal triplication in the structure of human ceruloplasmin.
- Interspecies determinants of Friend leukemia virus antigens involved in cytolysis of virus-pfoducing cells.
- Intradialytic hypertension and its association with endothelial cell dysfunction.
- Inverse association of general joint hypermobility with hand and knee osteoarthritis and serum cartilage oligomeric matrix protein levels.
- Involvement of corneal lymphangiogenesis in a mouse model of allergic eye disease.
- Isolation and characterization of a 180-kiloDalton salivary glycoprotein which mediates the attachment of Actinomyces naeslundii to human buccal epithelial cells.
- Isolation of the major viral glycoprotein and a putative precursor from cells transformed by avian sarcoma viruses.
- Isolation, culture, and characterization of endothelial cells from Schlemm's canal.
- Laminin alpha 2 enables glioblastoma stem cell growth.
- Laminin and epithelial cell attachment.
- Lipid modification gives rise to two distinct Haloferax volcanii S-layer glycoprotein populations.
- Localization of RNA tumor virus polypeptides. I. Isolation of further virus substructures.
- Localization of fibronectin, laminin-entactin, and entactin in Reichert's membrane by immunoelectron microscopy.
- Loss of DNAM-1 contributes to CD8+ T-cell exhaustion in chronic HIV-1 infection.
- Low prevalence of myocilin mutations in an African American population with primary open-angle glaucoma.
- Mammalian C-type oncornaviruses: relationships between viral structural and cell-surface antigens and their possible significance in immunological defense mechanisms.
- Mammalian beta-adrenergic receptors. Distinct glycoprotein populations containing high mannose or complex type carbohydrate chains.
- Menstrual cycle-dependent variations of breast cyst fluid proteins and sex steroid receptors in the normal human breast.
- Meta-analysis of genome-wide association studies in East Asian-ancestry populations identifies four new loci for body mass index.
- Metastatic behavior and cell surface properties of HT-29 human colon carcinoma variant cells selected for their differential expression of sialyl-dimeric Le(x)-antigen.
- Methylation of TFPI-2 gene is not the sole cause of its silencing.
- Minimal and inducible regulation of tissue factor pathway inhibitor-2 in human gliomas.
- Mobility and distribution of a cell surface glycoprotein and its interaction with other membrane components.
- Modification of integrin-mediated cell attachment to substrata by serine proteinases in the presence and absence of divalent cations.
- Molecular cloning of the cDNA for androgen-dependent sperm-coating glycoproteins secreted by the rat epididymis.
- Molecular morphogens. Upside-down ideas vindicated.
- Monoclonal antibodies to a human islet cell surface glycoprotein: 4F2 and LC7-2.
- Monoclonal antibodies to human cartilage oligomeric matrix protein: epitope mapping and characterization of sandwich ELISA.
- Mucosubstance histochemistry in control and acid-stressed epidermis of brown bullhead catfish, Ictalurus nebulosus (LeSueur).
- Multiple Surface Regions on the Niemann-Pick C2 Protein Facilitate Intracellular Cholesterol Transport.
- Multiple tissue-specific requirements for the BMP antagonist Noggin in development of the mammalian craniofacial skeleton.
- Murine parietal endoderm cells synthesise heparan sulphate and 170K and 145K sulphated glycoproteins as components of Reichert's membrane.
- Mutational Analysis of Measles Virus Suggests Constraints on Antigenic Variation of the Glycoproteins.
- Mutational analysis of the coding regions of the genes encoding protein kinase B-alpha and -beta, phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1, phosphatase targeting to glycogen, protein phosphatase inhibitor-1, and glycogenin: lessons from a search for genetic variability of the insulin-stimulated glycogen synthesis pathway of skeletal muscle in NIDDM patients.
- Myocilin Mutations in Patients With Normal-Tension Glaucoma.
- Myocilin and optineurin coding variants in Hispanics of Mexican descent with POAG.
- Myocilin levels in primary open-angle glaucoma and pseudoexfoliation glaucoma human aqueous humor.
- Myocilin mutations in black South Africans with POAG.
- Myocilin polymorphisms and high myopia in subjects of European origin.
- Myocilin, a component of a membrane-associated protein complex driven by a homologous Q-SNARE domain.
- Myocilin-associated exosomes in human ocular samples.
- NDRG4 is required for cell cycle progression and survival in glioblastoma cells.
- Naturally occurring anti-alpha-galactosyl antibodies: relationship to xenoreactive anti-alpha-galactosyl antibodies.
- Need radioprotection? A MEPE/OF45 mimetic may do the job.
- Neonatal plasminogen displays altered cell surface binding and activation kinetics. Correlation with increased glycosylation of the protein.
- Neuregulins as potential drugs for neurological disorders.
- Neutralizing Antibody Responses Induced by HIV-1 Envelope Glycoprotein SOSIP Trimers Derived from Elite Neutralizers.
- Neutralizing antibodies in sera from macaques infected with chimeric simian-human immunodeficiency virus containing the envelope glycoproteins of either a laboratory-adapted variant or a primary isolate of human immunodeficiency virus type 1.
- Normal chicken cells (chf-) express a surface antigen which cross-reacts with determinants of the major envelope glycoprotein (gp85) of avian myeloblastosis virus.
- Notch promotes radioresistance of glioma stem cells.
- Novel genetic loci associated with hippocampal volume.
- Novel small leucine-rich repeat protein podocan is a negative regulator of migration and proliferation of smooth muscle cells, modulates neointima formation, and is expressed in human atheroma.
- OVX1 as a marker for early stage endometrial carcinoma.
- OVX1 radioimmunoassay complements CA-125 for predicting the presence of residual ovarian carcinoma at second-look surgical surveillance procedures.
- OVX1, macrophage-colony stimulating factor, and CA-125-II as tumor markers for epithelial ovarian carcinoma: a critical appraisal.
- Osteogenesis imperfecta and primary open angle glaucoma: genotypic analysis of a new phenotypic association.
- Osteopontin-dependent CD44v6 expression and cell adhesion in HepG2 cells.
- PD-1/PD-L1, but not PD-1/PD-L2, interactions regulate the severity of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis.
- Pentablock copolymer dexamethasone nanoformulations elevate MYOC: in vitro liberation, activity and safety in human trabecular meshwork cells.
- Phosphorylation and Ubiquitination Regulate Protein Phosphatase 5 Activity and Its Prosurvival Role in Kidney Cancer.
- Physiological mechanisms of sustained fumagillin-induced weight loss.
- Plasma thrombospondin as an indicator of intravascular platelet activation in patients with vasculitis.
- Podocan, a novel small leucine-rich repeat protein expressed in the sclerotic glomerular lesion of experimental HIV-associated nephropathy.
- Polar axis fixation in Fucus zygotes: components of the cytoskeleton and extracellular matrix.
- Poly(amidoamine)-coated magnetic particles for enhanced detection of Schistosoma circulating anodic antigen in endemic urine samples.
- Polycation-induced assembly of purified tubulin.
- Polymorphisms at the microRNA binding-site of the stem cell marker gene CD133 modify susceptibility to and survival of gastric cancer.
- Polypeptides of avian RNA tumor viruses. 3. Purification and identification of a DNA synthesizing enzyme.
- Polypeptides of avian RNA tumor viruses. II. Serological characterization.
- Polypeptides of avian RNA tumor viruses. IV. Components of the viral envelope.
- Polypeptides of mammalian oncornaviruses. III. Localization of p 15 and reactivity with natural antibody.
- Polypeptides of mammalian oncornaviruses. IV. Structural components of murine leukemia virus released as soluble antigens in cell culture.
- Posttransplant lymphoproliferative disorder following nonmyeloablative allogeneic stem cell transplantation.
- Potential leukemia virus subunit vaccines: discussion.
- Pregnancy-induced changes in the fibrinolytic balance: evidence for defective release of tissue plasminogen activator and increased levels of the fast-acting tissue plasminogen activator inhibitor.
- Preoperative evaluation of serum CA 125, TAG 72, and CA 15-3 in patients with endometrial carcinoma.
- Preparation and Analysis of Peanut Flour Used in Oral Immunotherapy Clinical Trials.
- Presence of the protein-glycosaminoglycan-protein covalent cross-link in the inter-alpha-inhibitor-related proteinase inhibitor heavy chain 2/bikunin.
- Prevalence of mutations in TIGR/Myocilin in patients with adult and juvenile primary open-angle glaucoma.
- Prevalence of myocilin mutations in adults with primary open-angle glaucoma in Ghana, West Africa.
- Probing the mechanisms of intradialytic hypertension: a pilot study targeting endothelial cell dysfunction.
- Promoter methylation and silencing of the tissue factor pathway inhibitor-2 (TFPI-2), a gene encoding an inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinases in human glioma cells.
- Properties of mouse leukemia viruses. XIII. Serum therapy of virus-induced murine leukemias.
- Properties of mouse leukemia viruses. XVI. Suppression of spontaneous fetal leukemias in AKR mice by treatment with broadly reacting antibody against the viral glycoprotein gp 71.
- Prospect for prevention of human immunodeficiency virus infection: purified 120-kDa envelope glycoprotein induces neutralizing antibody.
- Protein glycosylation as an adaptive response in Archaea: growth at different salt concentrations leads to alterations in Haloferax volcanii S-layer glycoprotein N-glycosylation.
- Protein modification by deamidation indicates variations in joint extracellular matrix turnover.
- Protein profile of exosomes from trabecular meshwork cells.
- Prothrombin and beta 2-glycoprotein I frequently contribute to antiphospholipid antibody interactions with phospholipids and the generation of abnormal waveform profiles in coagulation assays.
- Purification and characterization of astrocyte-secreted apolipoprotein E and J-containing lipoproteins from wild-type and human apoE transgenic mice.
- Purification and serological characterization of the major envelope glycoprotein from AKR murine leukemia virus and its reactivity with autogenous immune sera from mice.
- Purification of the specific cell-aggregating factor from embryonic neural retina cells.
- Quantitation of response to therapy in patients with metastatic breast carcinoma by serial analysis of plasma gross cystic disease fluid protein and carcinoembryonic antigen.
- RANK, RANKL, OPG, and M-CSF expression in stromal cells during corneal wound healing.
- Rabbit plasma, unlike its human counterpart, contains no complex between protein S and C4b-binding protein.
- Rare and low-frequency coding variants alter human adult height.
- Reactivity of avian RNA tumor viruses with lectins.
- Receptor-mediated endocytosis of carcinoembryonic antigen by rat alveolar macrophages in vitro.
- Receptors for maleylated proteins regulate secretion of neutral proteases by murine macrophages.
- Receptors on hepatocytes that bind ligands containing fucosyl alpha 1,3 N-acetylglucosamine linkages.
- Recombinant heregulin-Pseudomonas exotoxin fusion proteins: interactions with the heregulin receptors and antitumor activity in vivo.
- Regulation of glioblastoma stem cells by retinoic acid: role for Notch pathway inhibition.
- Regulation of myocilin-associated exosome release from human trabecular meshwork cells.
- Regulatory B cells (B10 cells) and regulatory T cells have independent roles in controlling experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis initiation and late-phase immunopathogenesis.
- RelB/p50 complexes regulate cytokine-induced YKL-40 expression.
- Release of tissue plasminogen activator and its fast-acting inhibitor in defective fibrinolysis.
- Retinal ligatin recognizes glycoproteins bearing oligosaccharides terminating in phosphodiester-linked glucose.
- Revisiting N-glycosylation in Halobacterium salinarum: Characterizing a dolichol phosphate- and glycoprotein-bound tetrasaccharide.
- Role of carbohydrate in determining the immunochemical properties of the major glycoprotein (gp71) of Friend murine leukemia virus.
- Role of protein N-glycosylation in pathogenesis of human immunodeficiency virus type 1.
- Role of vasorin, an anti-apoptotic, anti-TGF-β and hypoxia-induced glycoprotein in the trabecular meshwork cells and glaucoma.
- Roles of bone morphogenetic protein signaling and its antagonism in holoprosencephaly.
- Roles of organizer factors and BMP antagonism in mammalian forebrain establishment.
- SAMMA, a mandelic acid condensation polymer, inhibits dendritic cell-mediated HIV transmission.
- Salmonella effectors translocated across the vacuolar membrane interact with the actin cytoskeleton.
- Secreted Frizzled-Related Protein 3 (SFRP3) Is Required for Tumorigenesis of PAX3-FOXO1-Positive Alveolar Rhabdomyosarcoma.
- Selective diminution of the binding of mannose by murine macrophages in the late stages of activation.
- Sequential Validation of Blood-Based Protein Biomarker Candidates for Early-Stage Pancreatic Cancer.
- Sequential and Simultaneous Immunization of Rabbits with HIV-1 Envelope Glycoprotein SOSIP.664 Trimers from Clades A, B and C.
- Sequential roles of Hedgehog and Wnt signaling in osteoblast development.
- Serial analysis of gene expression (SAGE) in normal human trabecular meshwork.
- Serological responses in chimpanzees inoculated with human immunodeficiency virus glycoprotein (gp120) subunit vaccine.
- Serum cartilage oligomeric matrix protein (COMP) level is a marker of disease activity in relapsing polychondritis.
- Serum cartilage oligomeric matrix protein and clinical signs and symptoms of potential pre-radiographic hip and knee pathology.
- Serum cartilage oligomeric matrix protein reflects osteoarthritis presence and severity: the Johnston County Osteoarthritis Project.
- Serum cartilage oligomeric matrix protein reflects the presence of clinically diagnosed synovitis in patients with knee osteoarthritis.
- Serum levels of cartilage oligomeric matrix protein (COMP) correlate with radiographic progression of knee osteoarthritis.
- Sialyl-dimeric Lewis-X antigen expressed on mucin-like glycoproteins in colorectal cancer metastases.
- Single-chain structure of human ceruloplasmin: the complete amino acid sequence of the whole molecule.
- Small leucine rich repeat proteoglycans (SLRPs) in the human sclera: identification of abundant levels of PRELP.
- Sox8 is expressed at similar levels in gonads of both sexes during the sex determining period in turtles.
- Specific binding of urinary-type plasminogen activator (u-PA) to vitronectin and its role in mediating u-PA-dependent adhesion of U937 cells.
- Specific targeting of gene expression to a subset of human trabecular meshwork cells using the chitinase 3-like 1 promoter.
- Specificity and distribution of the determinants of the major glycoprotein (gp71) of murine oncornaviruses as detected by an in vitro cytotoxicity assay.
- Stanniocalcin-1 Is an Ocular Hypotensive Agent and a Downstream Effector Molecule That Is Necessary for the Intraocular Pressure-Lowering Effects of Latanoprost.
- Stanniocalcin-1 is a Modifier of Oxygen-Induced Retinopathy Severity.
- Stimulation of Sky tyrosine phosphorylation by bovine protein S--domains involved in the receptor-ligand interaction.
- Strategy for elucidating differentially expressed genes in leiomyomata identified by microarray technology.
- Structural components of avian myeloblastosis virus.
- Structural components of rna tumor viruses.
- Structure and morphogenesis of type-C retroviruses.
- Structure of human platelet membrane glycoproteins IIb and IIIa as determined by electron microscopy.
- Structure of the major peanut allergen Ara h 1 may protect IgE-binding epitopes from degradation.
- Structure-Based Stabilization of SOSIP Env Enhances Recombinant Ectodomain Durability and Yield.
- Studies on the biosynthesis of laminin by murine parietal endoderm cells.
- Studies on the biosynthesis of the lipodepsipeptide antibiotic Ramoplanin A2.
- Subacute ethanol consumption reverses p-xylene-induced decreases in axonal transport.
- Summary of session on oncornaviruses I. Virus-cell interactions and virus structure analyses.
- Surface proteins of a transitional carcinoma cell line (KS-31E).
- Sustained unresponsiveness to peanut in subjects who have completed peanut oral immunotherapy.
- Synchronous primary perianal Paget's disease and rectal adenocarcinoma: report of a hitherto undescribed phenomenon.
- Synthesis and localization of two sulphated glycoproteins associated with basement membranes and the extracellular matrix.
- Synthesis and retention of fibronectin (LETS protein) by mouse teratocarcinoma cells.
- TGF-beta inhibits the in vitro induction of lymphokine-activated killing activity.
- TGF-beta-induced myelin peptide-specific regulatory T cells mediate antigen-specific suppression of induction of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis.
- Targeted disruption of Mapk14 (p38MAPKalpha) in granulosa cells and cumulus cells causes cell-specific changes in gene expression profiles that rescue COC expansion and maintain fertility.
- Targeted inactivation of the EGF and amphiregulin genes reveals distinct roles for EGF receptor ligands in mouse mammary gland development.
- Targeted overexpression of G protein-coupled receptor kinase-2 in osteoblasts promotes bone loss.
- Targeting cancer stem cells through L1CAM suppresses glioma growth.
- Temporomandibular joint pain: a critical role for Trpv4 in the trigeminal ganglion.
- Tenascin/hexabrachion in human skin: biochemical identification and localization by light and electron microscopy.
- The "lecithotrophic" sea urchin Heliocidaris erythrogramma lacks typical yolk platelets and yolk glycoproteins.
- The Arabidopsis epithiospecifier protein promotes the hydrolysis of glucosinolates to nitriles and influences Trichoplusia ni herbivory.
- The BMP antagonists Chordin and Noggin have essential but redundant roles in mouse mandibular outgrowth.
- The Nucleotide Sensor ZBP1 and Kinase RIPK3 Induce the Enzyme IRG1 to Promote an Antiviral Metabolic State in Neurons.
- The ammonium transporter RhBG: requirement of a tyrosine-based signal and ankyrin-G for basolateral targeting and membrane anchorage in polarized kidney epithelial cells.
- The antiphospholipid syndrome: what are we really measuring? How do we measure it? And how do we treat it?
- The appearance of the outflow apparatus of the eye after staining with ruthenium red.
- The binding of fucose-containing glycoproteins by hepatic lectins. Re-examination of the clearance from blood and the binding to membrane receptors and pure lectins.
- The clearance of glycoproteins in diabetic mice.
- The effect of aspirin on endothelial progenitor cell biology: preliminary investigation of novel properties.
- The effect of serial dilution error on calibration inference in immunoassay.
- The effects of leukemosuppressive immunotherapy on bone marrow infectious cell centers in AKR mice.
- The footprint of antibody bound to pig cells: evidence of complex surface topology.
- The genetics of primary open-angle glaucoma: a review.
- The influence of DNA sequence on the immunostimulatory properties of plasmid DNA vectors.
- The influence of mechanical compression on the induction of osteoarthritis-related biomarkers in articular cartilage explants.
- The inhibition of tissue type plasminogen activator by plasminogen activator inhibitor-1. The effects of fibrinogen, heparin, vitronectin, and lipoprotein(a).
- The integrity of a cholesterol-binding pocket in Niemann-Pick C2 protein is necessary to control lysosome cholesterol levels.
- The mammalian beta-adrenergic receptor: structural and functional characterization of the carbohydrate moiety.
- The organizer factors Chordin and Noggin are required for mouse forebrain development.
- The reactivity of paired plasma and serum samples are comparable in the anticardiolipin and anti-beta2-glycoprotein-1 ELISAs.
- The role of alemtuzumab in facilitating maintenance immunosuppression minimization following solid organ transplantation.
- The role of carbohydrate in the function of human plasminogen: comparison of the protein obtained from molecular cloning and expression in Escherichia coli and COS cells.
- The role of chordin/Bmp signals in mammalian pharyngeal development and DiGeorge syndrome.
- The role of glycoprotein IIb/IIIa platelet inhibition in percutaneous coronary intervention in the stent era.
- The stoichiometry of trimeric SIV glycoprotein interaction with CD4 differs from that of anti-envelope antibody Fab fragments.
- The structural polypeptides of equine infections anemia virus.
- Timing and irreversibility of Müllerian duct inhibition in the embryonic reproductive tract of the human male.
- Tissue-specific, temporal changes in cell adhesion to echinonectin in the sea urchin embryo.
- Transcriptional regulation of the cholesteryl ester transfer protein gene by the orphan nuclear hormone receptor apolipoprotein AI regulatory protein-1.
- Transcriptional response to hypoxia in human tumors.
- Transferrin receptor 1 is a cellular receptor for New World haemorrhagic fever arenaviruses.
- Transgenic expression of pancreatic secretory trypsin inhibitor-1 rescues SPINK3-deficient mice and restores a normal pancreatic phenotype.
- Treatment of active refractory rheumatoid arthritis with humanized monoclonal antibody CAMPATH-1H administered by daily subcutaneous injection.
- Treatment of refractory acute rejection in a lung transplant recipient with campath 1H.
- Tubulin and calmodulin. Effects of microtubule and microfilament inhibitors on localization in the mitotic apparatus.
- Tumor-associated antigen TAG-72: correlation of expression in primary and metastatic breast carcinoma lesions.
- Two levels of restriction by mouse or cat cells of murine sarcoma virus coated by endogenous xenotropic oncornavirus.
- Ulex europeus agglutinin I-reactive high molecular weight glycoproteins of adenocarcinoma of distal colon and rectum and their possible relationship with metastatic potential.
- Ultrasensitive point-of-care immunoassay for secreted glycoprotein detects Ebola infection earlier than PCR.
- Unique response profile of trabecular meshwork cells to the novel selective glucocorticoid receptor agonist, GW870086X.
- Unmasking the osteoinductive effects of a G-protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) kinase (GRK) inhibitor by treatment with PTH(1-34).
- Urea as a passive transport marker for arthritis biomarker studies.
- Utilizing the GLP-1 signaling system to treat diabetes: sorting through the pharmacologic approaches.
- Variation in osteoarthritis biomarkers from activity not food consumption.
- Viral glycoprotein synthesis studies in an established line of Japanese quail embryo cells infected with the Bryan high-titer strain of Rous sarcoma virus.
- Viral glycoprotein synthesis under conditions of glucosamine block in cells transformed by avian sarcoma viruses.
- Whole-body bone scintigraphy provides a measure of the total-body burden of osteoarthritis for the purpose of systemic biomarker validation.
- Wnt2 coordinates the commitment of mesoderm to hematopoietic, endothelial, and cardiac lineages in embryoid bodies.
- XVIII. Effective treatment of AKR leukemia with antibody to gp7 1 eliminates the neonatal burst of ecotropic AKR virus producing cells.
- Zika virus protection by a single low-dose nucleoside-modified mRNA vaccination.
- Zinc alpha-2-glycoprotein is expressed by malignant prostatic epithelium and may serve as a potential serum marker for prostate cancer.
- [Endocytosis and receptors: molecular and physiological aspects].
- c-Myc is required for maintenance of glioma cancer stem cells.
Keywords of People
- Berchuck, Andrew, James M. Ingram Distinguished Professor of Gynecologic Oncology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology
- Bowes Rickman, Catherine, George and Geneva Boguslavsky Distinguished Professor of Eye Research, Cell Biology
- Erickson, Harold Paul, James B. Duke Distinguished Professor Emeritus, Cell Biology
- Ferrari, Guido, Professor in Surgery, Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
- Hilton, Matthew James, Associate Professor in Orthopaedic Surgery, Cell Biology
- Krangel, Michael S., George Barth Geller Distinguished Professor of Immunology, Integrative Immunobiology
- McConnell, Eleanor Schildwachter, Associate Professor in the School of Nursing, School of Nursing
- Moorman, Patricia Gripka, Professor Emeritus in Family Medicine and Community Health, Duke Cancer Institute
- Sullivan, Daniel Carl, Professor Emeritus of Radiology, Radiology