Subject Areas on Research
- "False" hope.
- A Conceptual Model for the Translation of Bioethics Research and Scholarship.
- A Longitudinal Evaluation of Goal-Striving Stress and Sleep Duration Among African Americans in the Jackson Heart Study.
- A Mixed-Methods Investigation of the Motivations, Goals, and Aspirations of Male and Female Academic Medical Faculty.
- A crucial role for surgery in reaching the UN millennium development goals.
- A functional basis for structure-seeking: exposure to structure promotes willingness to engage in motivated action.
- A non-experimental study of oral anticoagulation therapy initiation before and after national patient safety goals.
- A prospective comparison of a noninvasive cardiac output monitor versus esophageal Doppler monitor for goal-directed fluid therapy in colorectal surgery patients.
- A randomized phase II trial of MOVING ON: An intervention to increase exercise outcome expectations among breast cancer survivors.
- ACCF/AHA 2011 key data elements and definitions of a base cardiovascular vocabulary for electronic health records: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Clinical Data Standards.
- AMIA members' "vital signs": what the HIT implementation listserv says about goals for AMIA and for medical informatics.
- Affect in the aftermath: how goal pursuit influences implicit evaluations.
- Age and sex differences in prospective effects of health goals and motivations on daily leisure-time physical activity.
- Age, knowledge, preferences, and risk tolerance for invasive cardiac care.
- Aid Effectiveness in the Sustainable Development Goals Era Comment on ""It's About the Idea Hitting the Bull's Eye": How Aid Effectiveness Can Catalyse the Scale-up of Health Innovations".
- Air pollution: clean up our skies.
- Amygdala-prefrontal cortex functional connectivity during threat-induced anxiety and goal distraction.
- An agenda for clinical research in geriatrics.
- Annual rates of decline in child, maternal, HIV, and tuberculosis mortality across 109 countries of low and middle income from 1990 to 2013: an assessment of the feasibility of post-2015 goals.
- Anticipated Benefits of Care (ABC): psychometrics and predictive value in psychiatric disorders.
- Assessing statistical competencies in clinical and translational science education: one size does not fit all.
- Assessment Scores of a Mock Objective Structured Clinical Examination Administered to 99 Anesthesiology Residents at 8 Institutions.
- Association between goal-striving stress and rapid kidney function decline among African Americans: the Jackson Heart Study.
- At a Crossroads-Reconsidering the Goals of Autism Early Behavioral Intervention From a Neurodiversity Perspective.
- Automatic for the people: how representations of significant others implicitly affect goal pursuit.
- Avoiding 40% of the premature deaths in each country, 2010-30: review of national mortality trends to help quantify the UN sustainable development goal for health.
- Bending the Cardiovascular Event Curve by Evaluating the Potential Impact of Achieving Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol Goal Across a Large Health System Among Secondary Prevention Patients.
- Blood Pressure Goals and Clinical Outcomes after Successful Endovascular Therapy: A Multicenter Study.
- Broaching goals-of-care conversations in advancing pediatric cancer.
- Building a tuberculosis-free world: The Lancet Commission on tuberculosis.
- Can We Finally Agree: How We Round Really Matters?
- Can individuals meet multiple physical activity and dietary behavior goals?
- Can nature deliver on the sustainable development goals?
- Capacity shortfalls hinder the performance of marine protected areas globally.
- Caring for patients with chronic heart failure: The trajectory model.
- Challenges in defining successful adherence to calorie restriction goals in humans: Results from CALERIE™ 2.
- Change in goal ratings as a mediating variable between self-efficacy and physical activity in older men.
- Child Nutrition Trends Over the Past Two Decades and Challenges for Achieving Nutrition SDGs and National Targets in China.
- Children's developing commitments to joint goals.
- Children's goals and strategies in response to conflicts within a friendship
- Children's social goals and self-efficacy perceptions as influences on their responses to ambiguous provocation
- Children's strategies and goals in response to help-giving and help-seeking tasks within a friendship
- Clinical cardiac electrophysiology fellowship teaching objectives for the new millennium.
- Clinical trials and medical care: defining the therapeutic misconception.
- Close relationships and self-regulation: How relationship satisfaction facilitates momentary goal pursuit.
- Cognitive and noncognitive predictors of success.
- Commentary: We can do it, but do we need to?
- Comparative effectiveness research in kidney disease: a national priority.
- Competency-based goals, objectives, and linked evaluations for rheumatology training programs: a standardized template of learning activities from the Carolinas Fellows Collaborative.
- Conceptual consumption.
- Confusing one instrumental other for another: goal effects on social categorization.
- Control of blood pressure in chronic kidney disease: how low to go?
- Creating a Practice-Based Implementation Network: Facilitating Practice Change Across Health Care Systems.
- Cross-subject decoding of eye movement goals from local field potentials.
- Current concepts of fluid management in enhanced recovery pathways.
- DIFFERENCES IN ACHIEVING HBA1C GOALS AMONG PATIENTS SEEN BY ENDOCRINOLOGISTS AND PRIMARY CARE PROVIDERS.
- Developing practitioner leaders in a distance education doctoral program: challenges and opportunities.
- Development and validation of the State Hope Scale.
- Development links psychological causes to evolutionary explanations
- Diagnostic supervision.
- Discordance between dementia caregivers' goal of care and preference for life-extending treatments.
- Divergent effects of activating thoughts of God on self-regulation.
- Does the chimpanzee have a theory of mind? 30 years later.
- Doubling the number of doctorally prepared nurses
- Dyadic goal appraisal during treatment for infertility: how do different perspectives relate to partners' adjustment?
- Dyspnea review for the palliative care professional: treatment goals and therapeutic options.
- Early goal-directed mobilisation after surgery - Authors' reply.
- Emotional responses to goal attainment: strength of regulatory focus as moderator.
- Ending tuberculosis in China: health system challenges.
- Engaging the Entire Care Cascade in Western Kenya: A Model to Achieve the Cardiovascular Disease Secondary Prevention Roadmap Goals.
- Evaluating emergency care research networks: what are the right metrics?
- Evolution of the World Health Organization's programmatic actions to control diarrheal diseases.
- Expectancy x value effects: regulatory focus as determinant of magnitude and direction.
- Family patterns of decision-making in pediatric clinical trials
- Feedback to clinicians: theory, research, and practice.
- Forgetting all else: on the antecedents and consequences of goal shielding.
- Frequency of prospective use modulates instructed task-set interference.
- From the editor: Confronting a pandemic or two.
- Functional significance of striatal responses during episodic decisions: recovery or goal attainment?
- Global surgery and the World Health Organization: indispensable partners to achieve triple billion goals.
- Goal-Concordance in Children with Complex Chronic Conditions.
- Goal-Striving Stress Is Associated with Chronic Kidney Disease Among Participants in the Jackson Heart Study.
- Goal-Striving Stress and Cardiovascular Risk Factors in the Jackson Heart Study.
- Goal-Striving Stress and Incident Cardiovascular Disease in Blacks: The Jackson Heart Study.
- Goal-directed coagulation management in the perioperative period of cardiac surgery.
- Goal-directed or goal-misdirected - how should we interpret the literature?
- Goal-striving stress and repeated measures of adiposity in the Jackson heart study.
- Goals as reference points.
- Goals for Reaching Optimal Wellness (GROWell): A clinical trial protocol of a digital dietary intervention for pregnant and postpartum people with prenatal overweight or obesity.
- Great apes infer others' goals based on context.
- Helping People to Self-Actualize: Revising the Role and Goal of Our Healthcare System.
- Helping and cooperation in children with autism.
- High-quality health systems in the Sustainable Development Goals era: time for a revolution.
- How can we draw the line between clinical care and medical research.
- How goal instrumentality shapes relationship evaluations.
- How many lives are at stake? Assessing 2030 sustainable development goal trajectories for maternal and child health.
- Hypermasculinity and academic goal-setting: an exploratory study.
- Implementing a Goal-Directed Therapy Protocol for Fluid Resuscitation in the Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit.
- Implementing patient-reported outcomes assessment in clinical practice: a review of the options and considerations.
- Importance of patient-reported individualized goals when assessing outcomes for adult spinal deformity (ASD): initial experience with a Patient Generated Index (PGI).
- Improving the tools of clinical pharmacology: Goals for 2017 and beyond.
- In good company: managing interpersonal resources that support self-regulation.
- Indifferent reactions: regulatory responses to the apathy of others.
- Individual and community: normative conflicts in the development of a new therapeutic community for older persons.
- Individual differences in regulatory focus predict neural response to reward.
- Individual differences in self-regulatory failure and menstrual dysfunction predict upper respiratory infection symptoms and antibody response to flu immunization.
- Individual progress toward self-selected goals among older adults enrolled in a physical activity counseling intervention.
- Inter-disciplinary focus groups on telephone medicine: a quality improvement initiative.
- International consensus guidance for management of myasthenia gravis: Executive summary.
- Interprofessional Simulation: Creative Ways to Integrate Education and Goal Setting in the Practice Environment.
- Intraoperative alignment goals for distinctive sagittal morphotypes of severe cervical deformity to achieve optimal improvements in health-related quality of life measures.
- Invited Commentary: Epidemiologic Methods as Applied to Epidemiology Education-Goals and Expectations to Advance and Diversify the Field.
- Level of blood pressure above goal and clinical inertia in a Medicaid population.
- Life goals, satisfaction, and self-rated health: preliminary findings.
- Machine wanting.
- Management of hypertension in heart failure with preserved ejection fraction: is there a blood pressure goal?
- Mapping students' clinical experiences to pediatric clerkship goals.
- Marketing child survival.
- Measuring progress from 1990 to 2017 and projecting attainment to 2030 of the health-related Sustainable Development Goals for 195 countries and territories: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017.
- Measuring the health-related Sustainable Development Goals in 188 countries: a baseline analysis from the Global Burden of Disease Study 2015.
- Mexico's path towards the Sustainable Development Goal for health: an assessment of the feasibility of reducing premature mortality by 40% by 2030.
- Milestones for training safe doctors who are good doctors.
- Minimax-optimal decoding of movement goals from local field potentials using complex spectral features.
- Modifications in children's goals when encountering obstacles to conflict resolution
- Monitoring needs and goal-directed fluid therapy within an enhanced recovery program.
- Moving forward during major goal blockage: situational goal adjustment in women facing infertility.
- Mystery behind the match: an undergraduate medical education-graduate medical education collaborative approach to understanding match goals and outcomes.
- Neural basis of goal-driven changes in knowledge activation.
- Neural correlates of idiographic goal priming in depression: goal-specific dysfunctions in the orbitofrontal cortex.
- Neural correlates of promotion and prevention goal activation: an fMRI study using an idiographic approach.
- Newspaper coverage of maternal health in Bangladesh, Rwanda and South Africa: a quantitative and qualitative content analysis.
- Off-service resident education in the emergency department: outline of a national standardized curriculum.
- Opportunities to Advance the Delivery of High-Quality, Goal-Concordant End-of-Life Care in Ovarian Cancer.
- Orders- Versus Encounters-Based Image Capture: Implications Pre- and Post-Procedure Workflow, Technical and Build Capabilities, Resulting, Analytics and Revenue Capture: HIMSS-SIIM Collaborative White Paper.
- Over and over again: rumination, reflection, and promotion goal failure and their interactive effects on depressive symptoms.
- Partnerships: a long walk in the wind
- Patient Perceptions and Familiarity With Medical Therapy for Heart Failure.
- Patient-Centered Goals After Lumbar Spine Surgery: A Secondary Analysis of Cognitive-Behavioral-Based Physical Therapy Outcomes From a Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Performance Goal Criteria for Device Evaluation in Lower Extremity Peripheral Vascular Intervention and the Need for Standardized Data Structure: What Is the Sound of One Hand Clapping?
- Perioperative goal-directed therapy.
- Personality and persona: personality processes in self-presentation.
- Physician assistants and nurse practitioners perform effective roles on teams caring for Medicare patients with diabetes.
- Physiologic goal-directed therapy in the perioperative period: the volume prescription for high-risk patients.
- Physiological state gates sensorimotor cortical processing and goal-directed behavior.
- Power and the pursuit of a partner's goals.
- Practical steps for evidence-based practice: putting one foot in front of the other.
- Primate cognition.
- Privatization and just healthcare.
- Psychotherapeutic treatment of opiate addiction.
- Ranging Ecology: The View from Above.
- Rational tool use and tool choice in human infants and great apes.
- Redefining the role of psychiatry in medicine.
- Reexamining traditional intraoperative fluid administration: evolving views in the age of goal-directed therapy.
- Refining outlining skills. Part I: The topic or sentence method.
- Reflections from a chair: Leadership of a clinical department at an academic medical center.
- Resting on laurels: the effects of discrete progress markers as subgoals on task performance and preferences.
- Sampling patients within physician practices and health plans: multistage cluster samples in health services research.
- Self-control in action: implicit dispositions toward goals and away from temptations.
- Self-regulation, rumination, and vulnerability to depression in adolescent girls.
- Self-regulatory consequences of observing others making goal progress: A longitudinal field study in weight loss groups.
- Sleep deprivation, effort allocation and performance.
- Social disadvantage and the self-regulatory function of justice beliefs.
- Structure-seeking as a psychological antecedent of beliefs about morality.
- Task Force 8: Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship Training in Research and Scholarly Activity. SPCTPD/ACC/AAP/AHA.
- Team Science Approach to Developing Consensus on Research Good Practices for Practice-Based Research Networks: A Case Study.
- Telephone-based goal management training for adults with mild traumatic brain injury: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial.
- The Manhattan effect: when relationship commitment fails to promote support for partners' interests.
- The NIH Somatic Cell Genome Editing program.
- The National Academy of Medicine and the Cardiovascular Community: Partnering for a Healthier Future.
- The National Physical Activity Plan: a call to action from the American Heart Association: a science advisory from the American Heart Association.
- The Preuss Foundation Seminar on vaccine therapy for malignant primary brain tumors. February 15-17, 1998, La Jolla, Calif.
- The Role of Serotonin (5-HT) in Behavioral Control: Findings from Animal Research and Clinical Implications.
- The Southampton Initiative for Health: a complex intervention to improve the diets and increase the physical activity levels of women from disadvantaged communities.
- The Texas Medication Algorithm Project: development and implementation of the schizophrenia algorithm.
- The antecedents and consequences of human behavioral mimicry.
- The association of goal-striving stress with sleep duration and sleep quality among African Americans in the Jackson Heart Study.
- The awakening of the attention: Evidence for a link between the monitoring of mind wandering and prospective goals.
- The effect of a "maintain, don't gain" approach to weight management on depression among black women: results from a randomized controlled trial.
- The fulfillment of others' needs elevates children's body posture.
- The impact of goal adjustment and caregiver burden on psychological distress among caregivers of cancer patients.
- The motivational looking glass: how significant others implicitly affect goal appraisals.
- The neural mechanisms for minimizing cross-modal distraction.
- The ontogeny of cumulative culture: Individual toddlers vary in faithful imitation and goal emulation
- The roots of human altruism.
- Theoretical integration in motivational science: System justification as one of many "autonomous motivational structures".
- Therapeutic goals in patients with refractory chronic angina.
- Threat-induced anxiety during goal pursuit disrupts amygdala-prefrontal cortex connectivity in posttraumatic stress disorder.
- Time in relation to goals.
- Toward a better system for the sustainable development of objective performance goals for peripheral vascular interventions.
- Toward solving the sedation-assessment conundrum: bi-spectral index monitoring and sedation interruption.
- Track: A randomized controlled trial of a digital health obesity treatment intervention for medically vulnerable primary care patients.
- Transactive goal dynamics.
- Transitions between sleep and feeding states in rat ventral striatum neurons.
- Treatment and generalization effects of cognitive-behavioral and goal-setting interventions with aggressive boys.
- Treatment of hypertension in patients with coronary artery disease: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association, American College of Cardiology, and American Society of Hypertension.
- Twelve- and 18-month-olds copy actions in terms of goals.
- Understanding and Targeting Inflammation in Acute Myocardial Infarction: An Elusive Goal.
- Understanding and sharing intentions: the origins of cultural cognition.
- Using nonconscious behavioral mimicry to create affiliation and rapport.
- Web-based weight loss in primary care: a randomized controlled trial.
- Weight loss history as a predictor of weight loss: results from Phase I of the weight loss maintenance trial.
- What's New in 10 Years? A Revised Cardiothoracic Curriculum for Diagnostic Radiology Residency with Goals and Objectives Related to General Competencies.
- When do patients and their physicians agree on diabetes treatment goals and strategies, and what difference does it make?
- When opportunity knocks: bottom-up priming of goals by means and its effects on self-regulation.
- Which single intervention would do the most to improve the health of those living on less than $1 per day? Interview by Gavin Yamey.
- World peace, to be a millionaire, and hoop dreams: adolescent wishes on health screening surveys.
- [Global health 2035: a world converging within a generation].
Keywords of People
- Larrick, Richard P., Hanes Corporation Foundation Distinguished Professor of Business Administration, Nicholas Institute-Energy Initiative
- McConnell, Eleanor Schildwachter, Associate Professor in the School of Nursing, School of Nursing
- Sampson, John Howard, Robert H., M.D. and Gloria Wilkins Professor of Neurosurgery, in the School of Medicine, Biomedical Engineering
- Yancy Jr., William Samuel, Professor of Medicine, Medicine, General Internal Medicine