Subject Areas on Research
- Direct electron transfer between hemoglobin and a glassy carbon electrode facilitated by lipid-protected gold nanoparticles.
- Enhanced catalytic DNAzyme for label-free colorimetric detection of DNA.
- Heme oxygenase-1 gene ablation or expression modulates cisplatin-induced renal tubular apoptosis.
- Identification of a glutathione S-transferase without affinity for glutathione sepharose in human kidney.
- Identification of quinone-binding and heme-ligating residues of the smallest membrane-anchoring subunit (QPs3) of bovine heart mitochondrial succinate:ubiquinone reductase.
- Mechanism of differentiation of human erythroleukaemic cell line K562 by hemin.
- Protein nitration is mediated by heme and free metals through Fenton-type chemistry: an alternative to the NO/O2- reaction.
- Rapid mtDNA deletion by oxidants in rat liver mitochondria after hemin exposure.
- Sickle erythrocytes target cytotoxics to hypoxic tumor microvessels and potentiate a tumoricidal response.
- Spontaneous delta- to beta-globin switching in K562 human leukemia cells.
- Thrombin and hemin as central factors in the mechanisms of intracerebral hemorrhage-induced secondary brain injury and as potential targets for intervention.
Keywords of People