Subject Areas on Research
- A switch in the control of growth of the wing imaginal disks of Manduca sexta.
- Alpha-macroglobulin from Limulus polyphemus exhibits proteinase inhibitory activity and participates in a hemolytic system.
- Bombyxin is a growth factor for wing imaginal disks in Lepidoptera.
- Control of moulting and metamorphosis in the tobacco hornworm, Manduca sexta (L.): cessation of juvenile hormone secretion as a trigger for pupation.
- Functional differences in the multiple hemocyanins of the horseshoe crab, Limulus polyphemus L.
- Isolation, purification and characterization of an iron-binding protein from the horseshoe crab (Limulus polyphemus).
- Purification and characterization of an alpha-macroglobulin proteinase inhibitor from the mollusc Octopus vulgaris.
- Rhipicephalus sanguineus: vector of a new spotted fever group rickettsia in the United States.
- The physiological ecology of the supratidal amphipod Talorchestia longicornis.
- Transparent anemone shrimp (Ancylomenes pedersoni) become opaque after exercise and physiological stress in correlation with increased hemolymph perfusion.