Subject Areas on Research
- A comparative analysis of bone and cartilage metabolism in two strains of guinea-pig with varying degrees of naturally occurring osteoarthritis.
- A quantitative trait locus (LSq-1) on mouse chromosome 7 is linked to the absence of tissue loss after surgical hindlimb ischemia.
- Abnormal postnatal maintenance of elevated DLK1 transcript levels in callipyge sheep.
- Activation in the region of parabrachial nucleus elicits neurogenically mediated coronary vasoconstriction.
- Alterations in inorganic phosphate in mouse hindlimb muscles during limb disuse.
- Altered Twist1 and Hand2 dimerization is associated with Saethre-Chotzen syndrome and limb abnormalities.
- An endovascular model of ischemic myopathy from peripheral arterial disease.
- An engineered vascular endothelial growth factor-activating transcription factor induces therapeutic angiogenesis in ApoE knockout mice with hindlimb ischemia.
- Anabolic-androgenic steroid administration causes hypertrophy of immobilized and nonimmobilized skeletal muscle in a sedentary rabbit model.
- Analysis of pulmonary and systemic vascular responses to platelet-activating factor in the cat.
- Analysis of responses to big endothelin in the hindquarters vascular bed of the cat.
- Analysis of systemic and pulmonary vascular responses to PACAP and VIP: role of adrenal catecholamines.
- Angiotensin-(1-7) Attenuates Skeletal Muscle Fibrosis and Stiffening in a Mouse Model of Extremity Sarcoma Radiation Therapy.
- Antigen-induced arthritis. Decreased proteoglycan content and inhibition of proteoglycan synthesis in articular cartilage.
- Arterial intimal damage in avulsion and crush injuries in rat limbs.
- B1 and TRPV-1 receptor genes and their relationship to hyperalgesia following spinal cord injury.
- BAG3 (Bcl-2-Associated Athanogene-3) Coding Variant in Mice Determines Susceptibility to Ischemic Limb Muscle Myopathy by Directing Autophagy.
- Basal and carrageenan-induced pain behavior in Sprague-Dawley, Lewis and Fischer rats.
- Bioluminescent virion shells: new tools for quantitation of AAV vector dynamics in cells and live animals.
- Chemoradiation impairs myofiber hypertrophic growth in a pediatric tumor model.
- Correction of multiple striated muscles in murine Pompe disease through adeno-associated virus-mediated gene therapy.
- Correlation of intrinsic optical signal, cerebral blood flow, and evoked potentials during activation of rat somatosensory cortex.
- Decreased Th17 and antigen-specific humoral responses in CX₃ CR1-deficient mice in the collagen-induced arthritis model.
- Denatured muscle as a nerve conduit: a functional, morphologic, and electrophysiologic evaluation.
- Dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI and fractal characteristics of percolation clusters in two-dimensional tumor blood perfusion.
- ERK MAP kinase activation in superficial spinal cord neurons induces prodynorphin and NK-1 upregulation and contributes to persistent inflammatory pain hypersensitivity.
- Economy and Endurance in Human Evolution.
- Effects of a negative pressure venom extraction device (Extractor) on local tissue injury after artificial rattlesnake envenomation in a porcine model.
- Effects of bupivacaine and tetrodotoxin on carrageenan-induced hind paw inflammation in rats (Part 1): hyperalgesia, edema, and systemic cytokines.
- Effects of bupivacaine and tetrodotoxin on carrageenan-induced hind paw inflammation in rats (Part 2): cytokines and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinases in dorsal root ganglia and spinal cord.
- Effects of cold ischemia on reflow patterns in the rat cremaster muscle microcirculation.
- Effects of intranigral application of clinically-effective anticonvulsants on electroshock-induced seizures.
- Effects of primary and recurrent sacral chordoma on the motor and nociceptive function of hindlimbs in rats: an orthotopic spine model.
- Efficacy of systemic administration of SDF-1 in a model of vascular insufficiency: support for an endothelium-dependent mechanism.
- Electroacupuncture reduces rectal distension-induced blood pressure changes in conscious dogs.
- Endogenous tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha) requires TNF receptor type 2 to generate heat hyperalgesia in a mouse cancer model.
- Endothelial dysfunction in hypercholesterolemia is corrected by L-arginine.
- Endothelium modulation of the effects of nitroglycerin on blood vessels from dogs with pacing-induced heart failure.
- Engineered zinc finger-activating vascular endothelial growth factor transcription factor plasmid DNA induces therapeutic angiogenesis in rabbits with hindlimb ischemia.
- Enhanced therapeutic neovascularization by CD31-expressing cells and embryonic stem cell-derived endothelial cells engineered with chitosan hydrogel containing VEGF-releasing microtubes
- Establishment of an index with increased sensitivity for assessing murine arthritis.
- Exposure of developing chicks to perfluorooctanoic acid induces defects in prehatch and early posthatch development.
- Force plate for measuring the ground reaction forces in small animal locomotion.
- Forelimb and hindlimb forces in walking and galloping primates.
- Gait and behavior in an IL1β-mediated model of rat knee arthritis and effects of an IL1 antagonist.
- Gait kinetics of above- and below-branch quadrupedal locomotion in lemurid primates.
- Hindlimb endpoint forces predict movement direction evoked by intraspinal microstimulation in cats.
- Hurry Up and Get Out of the Way! Exploring the Limits of Muscle-Based Latch Systems for Power Amplification.
- Hydrostatic isolated limb perfusion with adeno-associated virus vectors enhances correction of skeletal muscle in Pompe disease.
- Hypoxia reprograms calcium signaling and regulates myoglobin expression.
- Imaging primary mouse sarcomas after radiation therapy using cathepsin-activatable fluorescent imaging agents.
- Immobilization-induced changes in motor unit force and fatigability in the cat.
- Immunocompetent murine model of cancer cachexia for head and neck squamous cell carcinoma.
- Impaired angiogenesis after hindlimb ischemia in type 2 diabetes mellitus: differential regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 and soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1.
- In mice with type 2 diabetes, a vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-activating transcription factor modulates VEGF signaling and induces therapeutic angiogenesis after hindlimb ischemia.
- Inducible regulation of Runx2-stimulated osteogenesis.
- Induction of c-fos expression in the rostral medulla of rats following electroacupuncture stimulation.
- Intermittent pneumatic compression of legs increases microcirculation in distant skeletal muscle.
- Investigations on spinal cord fMRI of cats under ketamine.
- L-arginine augments endothelium-dependent vasodilation in cholesterol-fed rabbits.
- Locomotor anatomy and biomechanics of the Dmanisi hominins.
- Mechanisms for the functional differentiation of the propulsive and braking roles of the forelimbs and hindlimbs during quadrupedal walking in primates and felines.
- Mechanisms underlying cardiovascular defense reaction evoked by dorsal periaqueductal gray stimulation.
- Methods for Acute and Subacute Murine Hindlimb Ischemia.
- Micro-anastomosis of 0.3-0.4 mm vessels after cold ischemia using a rat model of toe-to-thumb transplantation.
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase-1 promotes neovascularization and angiogenic gene expression.
- Modality representation in the lumbar and cervical fasciculus gracilis of squirrel monkeys.
- Modularity of motor output evoked by intraspinal microstimulation in cats.
- Multimodal optical and Gd-based nanoparticles for imaging in inflammatory arthritis.
- Muscle oxidative capacity during IL-6-dependent cancer cachexia.
- Nociceptive-specific activation of ERK in spinal neurons contributes to pain hypersensitivity.
- Noninvasive monitoring of muscle damage during reloading following limb disuse.
- Novel vascular effects of isoprenaline following pacing-induced heart failure in the dog.
- Ontogenetic scaling of fore limb and hind limb joint posture and limb bone cross-sectional geometry in vervets and baboons.
- Optical coherence tomography through a rigid borescope applied to quantification of articular cartilage thickness in a porcine knee model
- Pannexin 1 channels control the hemodynamic response to hypoxia by regulating O2-sensitive extracellular ATP in blood.
- Patterns of quadrupedal locomotion in a vertical clinging and leaping primate (Propithecus coquereli) with implications for understanding the functional demands of primate quadrupedal locomotion.
- Poly-ADP-ribose-polymerase inhibition ameliorates hind limb ischemia reperfusion injury in a murine model of type 2 diabetes.
- Postnatal development and plasticity of specialized muscle fiber characteristics in the hindlimb.
- Reinnervation accuracy of the rat femoral nerve by motor and sensory neurons.
- Relief of blood-induced arterial vasospasm by pharmacologic solutions.
- Right vs. left sensorimotor cortex suction-ablation in the rat: no difference in beam-walking recovery.
- Role of K+ATP channels and EDRF in reactive hyperemia in the hindquarters vascular bed of cats.
- Role of biomechanics and muscle activation strategy in the production of endpoint force patterns in the cat hindlimb.
- Simultaneous photoacoustic imaging of intravascular and tissue oxygenation.
- Single-limb force data for two lemur species while vertically clinging.
- Skeletal muscle oxygen availability during respiratory acid-base disturbances in cats.
- Skeletal muscle-specific genetic determinants contribute to the differential strain-dependent effects of hindlimb ischemia in mice.
- Subacute limb ischemia induces skeletal muscle injury in genetically susceptible mice independent of vascular density.
- Sustained VEGF delivery via PLGA nanoparticles promotes vascular growth.
- The effect of dynamic mechanical compression on nitric oxide production in the meniscus.
- The effect of exposure time on microsurgical anastomoses of experimentally crushed arteries.
- The effect of intrathecal neuropeptide Y on the flexor reflex in rats after carrageenan-induced inflammation.
- The effect of systemic acidosis on perfusion of replanted extremities.
- The influence of strain rate on the passive and stimulated engineering stress--large strain behavior of the rabbit tibialis anterior muscle.
- The use of cultured Schwann cells in nerve repair in a rabbit hind-limb model.
- The winged helix gene, Mf3, is required for normal development of the diencephalon and midbrain, postnatal growth and the milk-ejection reflex.
- Topography of spinal neurons active during hindlimb withdrawal reflexes in the decerebrate cat.
- Utilizing Indocyanine Green Dye Angiography to Detect Simulated Flap Venous Congestion in a Novel Experimental Rat Model.
- Vascularized Composite Allotransplantation: A Functional Hind Limb Model in Mice.
- Viscoelastic characteristics of muscle: passive stretching versus muscular contractions.
- [Nphe1]nociceptin(1-13)-NH2 antagonizes nociceptin-induced hypotension, bradycardia, and hindquarters vasodilation in the anesthetized rat.
- beta-Endorphin-containing memory-cells and mu-opioid receptors undergo transport to peripheral inflamed tissue.
Keywords of People
- Craciunescu, Oana, Professor of Radiation Oncology, Radiation Oncology
- Hilton, Matthew James, Associate Professor in Orthopaedic Surgery, Cell Biology
- Hogan, Brigid L. M., Research Professor of Cell Biology, Cell Biology