Subject Areas on Research
- A Quantitative Global Proteomics Approach Identifies Candidate Urinary Biomarkers That Correlate With Intraductal Papillary Mucinous Neoplasm Dysplasia.
- A Review of Sleeve Gastrectomy Specimen Histopathology.
- A case of acute onset gigantomastia in a 20-year-old woman.
- A critical role for chloride channel-3 (CIC-3) in smooth muscle cell activation and neointima formation.
- A look at uterine wound healing through a histopathological study of uterine scars.
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of fluticasone propionate for pediatric eosinophilic esophagitis.
- A unique proteolytic fragment of alpha1-antitrypsin is elevated in ductal fluid of breast cancer patient.
- A20, a modulator of smooth muscle cell proliferation and apoptosis, prevents and induces regression of neointimal hyperplasia.
- Aberrant Otx2 expression enhances migration and induces ectopic proliferation of hindbrain neuronal progenitor cells.
- Abnormal parathyroid glands: high-resolution MR imaging.
- Activation of vascular smooth muscle cells by TNF and PDGF: overlapping and complementary signal transduction mechanisms.
- Adenovirus-mediated intraarterial delivery of PTEN inhibits neointimal hyperplasia.
- Adrenocortical hyperplasia occurring with metastatic carcinoma of the prostate: report of a case exhibiting increased urinary aldosterone and glucocorticoid excretion.
- Adult-onset eccrine angiomatous hamartoma: report of a rare entity with unusual histological features.
- Agrin in the Muscularis Mucosa Serves as a Biomarker Distinguishing Hyperplastic Polyps from Sessile Serrated Lesions.
- An Extraordinary Association of Glomus Tumor and Pacinian Hyperplasia in the Hand of a Female Patient.
- Angiotensin II stimulates proliferation of adventitial fibroblasts cultured from rat aortic explants.
- Anterior segment optical coherence tomography features of pseudoepitheliomatous hyperplasia of the ocular surface: a study of 9 lesions.
- Antisense to transforming growth factor-beta(1) facilitates the apoptosis of macrophages in rat vein grafts.
- Association of breast cancer with the finding of atypical ductal hyperplasia at core breast biopsy.
- Atypical ductal hyperplasia: improved accuracy with the 11-gauge vacuum-assisted versus the 14-gauge core biopsy needle.
- Atypical hyperplasia: frequency and mammographic and pathologic relationships in excisional biopsies guided with mammography and clinical examination.
- Atypical tubule hyperplasia and renal tubule tumors in conventional rats on 90-day toxicity studies.
- B-cell lymphoma with hyaline vascular Castleman disease-like features: a clinicopathologic study.
- BMPs induce dermal markers and ectopic feather tracts.
- Balloon catheterization induced arterial expression of embryonic fibronectins.
- Basal-like cells constitute the proliferating cell population in cystic fibrosis airways.
- Beta-arrestins regulate atherosclerosis and neointimal hyperplasia by controlling smooth muscle cell proliferation and migration.
- Bilateral Diffuse Pseudoangiomatous Stromal Hyperplasia Necessitating Mastectomy.
- Borderline atypical ductal hyperplasia/low-grade ductal carcinoma in situ on breast needle core biopsy should be managed conservatively.
- Brief report: idiopathic diffuse hyperplasia of pulmonary neuroendocrine cells and airways disease.
- C-myc-induced apoptosis in polycystic kidney disease is Bcl-2 and p53 independent.
- CD10/neutral endopeptidase inhibition augments pulmonary neuroendocrine cell hyperplasia in hamsters treated with diethylnitrosamine and hyperoxia.
- CDK4 regulation by TNFR1 and JNK is required for NF-kappaB-mediated epidermal growth control.
- CT of the liver in patients with metastatic breast carcinoma treated by chemotherapy: findings simulating cirrhosis.
- CYLD inhibits tumorigenesis and metastasis by blocking JNK/AP1 signaling at multiple levels.
- CaN19 expression in benign and malignant hyperplasias of the skin and oral mucosa: evidence for a role in regenerative differentiation.
- Calcific Aortic Valve Disease: Part 2-Morphomechanical Abnormalities, Gene Reexpression, and Gender Effects on Ventricular Hypertrophy and Its Reversibility.
- Calcitonin driven v-Ha-ras induces multilineage pulmonary epithelial hyperplasias and neoplasms.
- Calcium influx through L-type CaV1.2 Ca2+ channels regulates mandibular development.
- Case report. Atypical findings in adrenoleukodystrophy.
- Case-control study of risk factors for the development of post-transplant lymphoproliferative disease in a pediatric heart transplant cohort.
- Choroid plexus hyperplasia: A possible cause of hydrocephalus in adults.
- Chromatophoromas and chromatophore hyperplasia in Pacific rockfish (Sebastes spp.).
- Circular RNA circEsyt2 regulates vascular smooth muscle cell remodeling via splicing regulation.
- Clinical review: irradiation for lower extremity arterial occlusive disease.
- Collapsing glomerulopathy: an inflammatory podocytopathy?
- Colonic nodular lymphoid hyperplasia in a child with antibody deficiency and near-normal immunoglobulins.
- Compensatory renal growth after unilateral ureteral obstruction.
- Conditional expression of the mutant Ki-rasG12C allele results in formation of benign lung adenomas: development of a novel mouse lung tumor model.
- Criteria for the diagnosis of dysplasia by endoscopic optical coherence tomography.
- Cryosurgery for cardiac arrhythmias: acute and chronic effects on coronary arteries.
- Cytokine-induced mobilization of circulating endothelial progenitor cells enhances repair of injured arteries.
- DEK proto-oncogene expression interferes with the normal epithelial differentiation program.
- Development of mammary hyperplasia and neoplasia in MMTV-TGF alpha transgenic mice.
- Developmental renin expression in mice with a defective renin-angiotensin system.
- Diagnostic criteria for degenerative, inflammatory, proliferative nonneoplastic and neoplastic liver lesions in medaka (Oryzias latipes): consensus of a National Toxicology Program Pathology Working Group.
- Differential effects of fat and sucrose on the development of obesity and diabetes in C57BL/6J and A/J mice.
- Differential molecular mechanism of the estrogen action that regulates lactoferrin gene in human and mouse.
- Difficulties of parathyroidectomy after previous thyroidectomy.
- Diffuse Idiopathic Pulmonary Neuroendocrine Cell Hyperplasia: Imaging and Clinical Features of a Frequently Delayed Diagnosis.
- Diffuse hyperplasia of intratarsal ectopic lacrimal gland tissue.
- Distinct roles of E2F proteins in vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation and intimal hyperplasia.
- Distinctive patterns of hyperplasia in transgenic mice with mouse mammary tumor virus transforming growth factor-alpha. Characterization of mammary gland and skin proliferations.
- Does compliance mismatch alone cause neointimal hyperplasia?
- Ductal epithelial proliferations of the breast: a biological continuum? Comparative genomic hybridization and high-molecular-weight cytokeratin expression patterns.
- Early onset of spontaneous renal preneoplastic and neoplastic lesions in young conventional rats in toxicity studies.
- Effect of erionite on the pleural mesothelium of the Fischer 344 rat.
- Effects of feeding Fusarium moniliforme culture material, containing known levels of fumonisin B1, on the young broiler chick.
- Efficacy and safety of edifoligide, an E2F transcription factor decoy, for prevention of vein graft failure following coronary artery bypass graft surgery: PREVENT IV: a randomized controlled trial.
- Efficient CD4Cre-Mediated Conditional KRas Expression in Alveolar Macrophages and Alveolar Epithelial Cells Causes Fatal Hyperproliferative Pneumonitis.
- Enhanced inhibition of neointimal hyperplasia by genetically engineered endothelial progenitor cells.
- Enlarged fetal gallbladder: prognostic importance for aneuploidy or biliary abnormality at antenatal US.
- Erythroleukemia: a study of 15 cases and literature review.
- Essential role for Smad3 in regulating MCP-1 expression and vascular inflammation.
- Estrogen receptor alpha (ESR1) mutant A908G is not a common feature in benign and malignant proliferations of the breast.
- Evidence for type II cells as cells of origin of K-Ras-induced distal lung adenocarcinoma.
- Experimental evaluation of microsurgical techniques in small artery anastomoses.
- Expression of cell adhesion molecule CD44 in primary tumors of the liver: an immunohistochemical study.
- Expression of heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A2/B1 changes with critical stages of mammalian lung development.
- External Support for Saphenous Vein Grafts in Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Flow cytometric DNA analysis of excised breast lesions: use of fresh tissue needle aspirates obtained under guidance with mammography of the specimen.
- Function in athymic nude mice of parathyroid heterografts from patients with primary hyperparathyroidism and secondary hyperparathyroidism.
- G protein signaling and vein graft intimal hyperplasia: reduction of intimal hyperplasia in vein grafts by a Gbetagamma inhibitor suggests a major role of G protein signaling in lesion development.
- Gastrin-releasing peptide gene expression in developing, hyperplastic, and neoplastic human thyroid C-cells.
- Gastroesophageal reflux and esophagitis in infants and children.
- Gene delivery to aortocoronary saphenous vein grafts in a large animal model of intimal hyperplasia.
- Gene therapy and genomic strategies for cardiovascular surgery: The emerging field of surgiomics.
- Genetic manipulation of vein grafts.
- Genetic mosaics reveal both cell-autonomous and cell-nonautonomous function of murine p27Kip1.
- Graft vascular disease after cardiac transplantation and its relationship to mean acute rejection score.
- Hemodynamic Parameters and Early Intimal Thickening in Branching Blood Vessels.
- Hemodynamic parameters and early intimal thickening in branching blood vessels.
- Hepatic adenoma and focal nodular hyperplasia.
- Hepatic adenoma: MR appearance mimicking focal nodular hyperplasia.
- Hepatic fibrosis associated with aging in four stocks of mice.
- Hepatic focal nodular hyperplasia in infant antenatally exposed to steroids.
- Hepatic hyperplasia in noncirrhotic fatty livers: is obesity-related hepatic steatosis a premalignant condition?
- Histochemical characterization of non-neuroendocrine tumors and neuroendocrine cell hyperplasia induced in hamster lung by 4-(methylnitrosamino)-1-(3-pyridyl)-1-butanone with or without hyperoxia.
- Histological assessment of breast lesions identified exclusively by magnetic resonance.
- Human recombinant stem-cell factor induces melanocytic hyperplasia in susceptible patients.
- Human umbilical cord blood endothelial progenitor cells decrease vein graft neointimal hyperplasia in SCID mice.
- Hypermethylation of 14-3-3 sigma (stratifin) is an early event in breast cancer.
- Hypermethylation of the breast cancer-associated gene 1 promoter does not predict cytologic atypia or correlate with surrogate end points of breast cancer risk.
- Hyperparathyroidism in high-risk surgical patients: evaluation with double-phase technetium-99m sestamibi imaging.
- Immunohistochemical detection of factor VIII/von Willebrand factor in hyperplastic endothelial cells in glioblastoma multiforme and mixed glioma-sarcoma.
- Incidental minimal atypical lobular hyperplasia on core needle biopsy: correlation with findings on follow-up excision.
- Increased ileal proglucagon expression after jejunectomy is not suppressed by inhibition of bowel growth.
- Increased ubiquitin immunoreactivity in hepatocellular carcinomas and precancerous lesions of the liver.
- Induction and spontaneous regression of intense pulmonary neuroendocrine cell differentiation in a model of preneoplastic lung injury.
- Induction and spontaneous regression of pulmonary neuroendocrine cell hyperplasia in a hamster model.
- Induction of ductal and stromal hyperplasia by basic fibroblast growth factor produced by human pancreatic carcinoma.
- Influence of diabetes and perivascular allogeneic endothelial cell implants on arteriovenous fistula remodeling.
- Inhibition of apoptotic signaling and neointimal hyperplasia by tempol and nitric oxide synthase following vascular injury.
- Inhibition of intimal hyperplasia by direct thrombin inhibitors in an animal vein bypass model.
- Interleukin-9 mediates chronic kidney disease-dependent vein graft disease: a role for mast cells.
- Interorgan regulation of Drosophila intestinal stem cell proliferation by a hybrid organ boundary zone.
- Intimal hyperplasia after vascular injury is inhibited by antisense cdk 2 kinase oligonucleotides.
- In Vivo Effects of Long-Term Cigarette Smoke Exposure on Mammary Tissue in Mice.
- Irradiation for intimal hyperplasia: implications for peripheral arterial bypass.
- Isolation and transplantation of autologous circulating endothelial cells into denuded vessels and prosthetic grafts: implications for cell-based vascular therapy.
- Kalirin promotes neointimal hyperplasia by activating Rac in smooth muscle cells.
- Liver hypoxia as a trigger to liver regeneration: No more than another piece of the puzzle.
- Local ampullary resection with careful intraoperative frozen section evaluation for presumed benign ampullary neoplasms.
- Localization and characterization of secretin binding sites expressed by rat bile duct epithelium.
- Long-term evaluation of patients with primary parathyroid hyperplasia managed by total parathyroidectomy and heterotopic autotransplantation.
- Lymphoid hyperplasia causing recurrent rectal prolapse.
- MR imaging with surface coils in primary hyperparathyroidism.
- MR microscopy of the rat carotid artery after balloon injury by using an implanted imaging coil.
- MRI with surface coils for parathyroid tumors: preliminary investigation.
- Massive thymic hyperplasia: characterization of a rare mediastinal mass.
- Masson's tumor of the pineal region: case report.
- Medrogestone: a prospective study in the pharmaceutical management of benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- Mice mutant for Egfr and Shp2 have defective cardiac semilunar valvulogenesis.
- Microglandular hyperplasia in vaginal adenosis associated with oral contraceptives and prenatal diethylstilbestrol exposure.
- Modulation of oncogene and tumor suppressor gene expression in a hamster model of chronic lung injury with varying degrees of pulmonary neuroendocrine cell hyperplasia.
- Modulation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase signaling reduces intimal hyperplasia in aortocoronary saphenous vein grafts.
- Molecular mechanisms of vascular renin-angiotensin system in myointimal hyperplasia.
- Morphologic characterization of syndromic gastric polyps.
- Mosaic overgrowth with fibroadipose hyperplasia is caused by somatic activating mutations in PIK3CA.
- Mouse keratin 4 is necessary for internal epithelial integrity.
- Multidimensional Immunophenotyping of Intraductal Papillary Mucinous Neoplasms Reveals Novel T Cell and Macrophage Signature.
- Multilocular thymic cysts in children with human immunodeficiency virus infection: clinical and pathologic aspects.
- Multiple polyamine regulatory pathways control compensatory cardiovascular hypertrophy in coarctation hypertension.
- Myometrial hyperplasia mimics the clinical presentation of uterine fibroids: a report of 3 cases.
- Myopia predicts better outcome in persistent hyperplastic primary vitreous.
- Neointimal hyperplasia rapidly reaches steady state in a novel murine vein graft model.
- Nodular Regenerative Hyperplasia After Treatment With Trastuzumab Emtansine.
- Nodular regenerative hyperplasia in partial hepatectomy specimens.
- Non-Cell-Autonomous Activity of the Hemidesmosomal Protein BP180/Collagen XVII in Granulopoiesis in Humanized NC16A Mice.
- Nrg1 is an injury-induced cardiomyocyte mitogen for the endogenous heart regeneration program in zebrafish.
- Overexpression of G protein-coupled receptor kinase-2 in smooth muscle cells reduces neointimal hyperplasia.
- Parathyroid histopathology: is it of any value today?
- Parathyroid hormone secretion from dispersed human hyperparathyroid cells: increased secretion in cells from hyperplastic glands versus adenomas.
- Partial hepatectomy and bile duct ligation in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss): histologic, immunohistochemical and enzyme histochemical characterization of hepatic regeneration and biliary hyperplasia.
- Patient-derived endothelial progenitor cells improve vascular graft patency in a rodent model.
- Pdgfrβ+ Mural Preadipocytes Contribute to Adipocyte Hyperplasia Induced by High-Fat-Diet Feeding and Prolonged Cold Exposure in Adult Mice.
- Peak density of immature nerve cells occurs with high-grade dysplasia in intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreas.
- Physician Non-adherence to Colonoscopy Interval Guidelines in the Veterans Affairs Healthcare System.
- Pigment epithelium-derived factor regulates the vasculature and mass of the prostate and pancreas.
- Polyclonal polymorphic B-cell lymphoproliferative disorder with prominent pulmonary involvement in children with acquired immune deficiency syndrome.
- Post-obstructive diuresis: a varied syndrome.
- Premature sebaceous gland hyperplasia: successful treatment with isotretinoin.
- Preneoplastic and neoplastic lesions of rat hereditary renal cell tumors express markers of proximal and distal nephron.
- Preoperative MR imaging in hyperparathyroidism: results and factors affecting parathyroid detection.
- Prevalence of pulmonary atypical alveolar cell hyperplasia in an autopsy population: a study of 100 cases.
- Prevention of ischemically induced neointimal hyperplasia using ex vivo antisense oligodeoxynucleotides.
- Primary aldosteronism due to bilateral nodular hyperplasia: CT demonstration.
- Progress in the operative management of sporadic primary hyperparathyroidism over 34 years.
- Prolonged beta-catenin stabilization and tcf-dependent transcriptional activation in hyperplastic cutaneous wounds.
- Promotion by sodium barbital induces early development but does not increase the multiplicity of hereditary renal tumors in Eker rats.
- Protein biosynthesis on chick oviduct polyribosomes. II. Regulation by progesterone.
- Proximal median neuropathy caused by surgical manipulation of Masson tumor.
- Pseudoangiomatous stromal hyperplasia (PASH) causing massive breast enlargement: MRI findings.
- Quiescent and cycling cell compartments in the senescent and Alzheimer-diseased human brain.
- Reduction of vascular intimal-medial hyperplasia in polytetrafluoroethylene arteriovenous grafts via expression of an inhibitor of G protein signaling.
- Regulated addition of new myocardial and epicardial cells fosters homeostatic cardiac growth and maintenance in adult zebrafish.
- Regulated proteolysis of Trop2 drives epithelial hyperplasia and stem cell self-renewal via β-catenin signaling.
- Renin promoter SV40 T-antigen transgenic mouse. A model of primary renal vascular hyperplasia.
- Requirement of estrogen receptor alpha DNA-binding domain for HPV oncogene-induced cervical carcinogenesis in mice.
- Risk factors for breast cancer characterized by the estrogen receptor alpha A908G (K303R) mutation.
- Risk of colorectal neoplasm in patients with acromegaly and its relationship with serum growth hormone levels.
- Role for Nox1 NADPH oxidase in atherosclerosis.
- Serum insulin levels and the prevalence of adenomatous and hyperplastic polyps in the proximal colon.
- Signet ring adenocarcinoma metastatic to the bronchus and mimicking goblet cell hyperplasia. A case report.
- Single intraluminal delivery of antisense cdc2 kinase and proliferating-cell nuclear antigen oligonucleotides results in chronic inhibition of neointimal hyperplasia.
- Single-Session CT-Guided Percutaneous Microwave Ablation of Bilateral Adrenal Gland Hyperplasia Due to Ectopic ACTH Syndrome.
- Spitz nevi in black children.
- Statin--a novel marker of nonproliferation. Expression in nonneoplastic lymphoid tissues and follicular lymphomas.
- TET2 Deficiency Sets the Stage for B-cell Lymphoma.
- TNF is a potential therapeutic target to suppress prostatic inflammation and hyperplasia in autoimmune disease.
- Targeted disruption of the Kvlqt1 gene causes deafness and gastric hyperplasia in mice.
- Targeting Gbeta gamma signaling in arterial vascular smooth muscle proliferation: a novel strategy to limit restenosis.
- The Actin-Binding Protein Drebrin Inhibits Neointimal Hyperplasia.
- The Histone Methyltransferase Ash1l is Required for Epidermal Homeostasis in Mice.
- The Influence of Body Mass Index on the Histopathology and Outcomes of Patients Diagnosed with Atypical Breast Lesions.
- The PRoject of Ex-vivo Vein graft ENgineering via Transfection IV (PREVENT IV) trial: study rationale, design, and baseline patient characteristics.
- The complementary roles of fast spin-echo MR imaging and double-phase 99m Tc-sestamibi scintigraphy for localization of hyperfunctioning parathyroid glands.
- The histopathology of vesical diverticula.
- The pathology of interstitial lung disease in nylon flock workers.
- The role of hyaluronic acid in atherosclerosis and intimal hyperplasia.
- The role of integrins in saphenous vein vascular smooth muscle cell migration.
- The significance of the diagnosis of atypia in breast fine-needle aspiration.
- Thrombospondin-1 is required for normal murine pulmonary homeostasis and its absence causes pneumonia.
- Thrombospondin-1 regulates the normal prostate in vivo through angiogenesis and TGF-beta activation.
- Tracking adipogenesis during white adipose tissue development, expansion and regeneration.
- Transforming growth factor-beta 1 and mannose 6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor-II receptor expression during intrahepatic bile duct hyperplasia and biliary fibrosis in the rat.
- Transplantation of the parathyroid glands in man: clinical indications and results.
- Tumor necrosis factor receptor-2 signaling attenuates vein graft neointima formation by promoting endothelial recovery.
- USP20 (Ubiquitin-Specific Protease 20) Inhibits TNF (Tumor Necrosis Factor)-Triggered Smooth Muscle Cell Inflammation and Attenuates Atherosclerosis.
- Upregulation of focal adhesion kinase (FAK) expression in ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) is an early event in breast tumorigenesis.
- Vascular smooth muscle cell hypertrophy vs. hyperplasia. Autocrine transforming growth factor-beta 1 expression determines growth response to angiotensin II.
- Vegfaa instructs cardiac muscle hyperplasia in adult zebrafish.
- Vein graft neointimal hyperplasia is exacerbated by CXCR4 signaling in vein graft-extrinsic cells.
- Vein graft neointimal hyperplasia is exacerbated by tumor necrosis factor receptor-1 signaling in graft-intrinsic cells.
- Vulvar vascular tumors: a clinicopathologic study of 85 patients.
Keywords of People
- Alexander, John Hunter Peel, Professor of Medicine, Medicine, Cardiology
- Freemark, Michael Scott, Robert C. Atkins, M.D. and Veronica Atkins Distinguished Professor of Pediatrics, in the School of Medicine, Pediatrics, Endocrinology
- Hogan, Brigid L. M., Research Professor of Cell Biology, Cell Biology
- Milano, Carmelo Alessio, Joseph W. and Dorothy W. Beard Distinguished Professor of Experimental Surgery, Surgery, Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery
- Moorman, Patricia Gripka, Professor Emeritus in Family Medicine and Community Health, Duke Cancer Institute
- Sunday, Mary Elizabeth Anne, Professor of Pathology, Cell Biology