Subject Areas on Research
- Accumulation of environmental contaminants in wood duck (Aix sponsa) eggs, with emphasis on polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins and polychlorinated dibenzofurans.
- Apoptotic and inflammatory effects induced by different particles in human alveolar macrophages.
- Application of a moving bed biofilm reactor for tertiary ammonia treatment in high temperature industrial wastewater.
- Aquatic risk assessment of a polycarboxylate dispersant polymer used in laundry detergents.
- Biogeochemical transformations of mercury in solid waste landfills and pathways for release.
- Evaluation and Integration of Geochemical Indicators for Detecting Trace Levels of Coal Fly Ash in Soils.
- Hazardous chemicals in synthetic turf materials and their bioaccessibility in digestive fluids.
- Human exposure assessment in air pollution systems.
- Induction of hepatic drug metabolizing enzymes by coal fly ash in rats.
- Iodide, bromide, and ammonium in hydraulic fracturing and oil and gas wastewaters: environmental implications.
- Methane contamination of drinking water accompanying gas-well drilling and hydraulic fracturing.
- Natural Gas Residual Fluids: Sources, Endpoints, and Organic Chemical Composition after Centralized Waste Treatment in Pennsylvania.
- New tracers identify hydraulic fracturing fluids and accidental releases from oil and gas operations.
- Private drinking water wells as a source of exposure to perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) in communities surrounding a fluoropolymer production facility.
- Sedimentary nonylphenol contamination in an urbanized, industrialized segment of the Delaware River estuary, USA.
- The control of mercury vapor using biotrickling filters.
- The impact of coal combustion residue effluent on water resources: a North Carolina example
- U.S. air quality management: local, regional and global approaches.
Keywords of People
- Deshusses, Marc, Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Nicholas Institute-Energy Initiative
- Hsu-Kim, Heileen, Professor in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Vengosh, Avner, Nicholas Distinguished Professor of Environmental Quality, Nicholas Institute-Energy Initiative