Subject Areas on Research
- "E" book and its implications for family practice.
- "The Application of Sequential Sampling to Simulation: An Example Inventory Model"
- 2009 H1N1 and seasonal influenza immunization among pregnant women: a comparison of different sources of immunization information.
- ?ktelo: A framework for defining differentially-private computations
- A New View of Intellectual Property and Software
- A Survey on Data Pricing: From Economics to Data Science
- A Survey on Network Embedding
- A binary decision diagram based approach for mining frequent subsequences
- A holistic approach to interpretability in financial lending: Models, visualizations, and summary-explanations
- A national clinical decision support infrastructure to enable the widespread and consistent practice of genomic and personalized medicine.
- A new information system for medical practice.
- A new view of intellectual property and software
- A procedure for linking psychosocial job characteristics data to health surveys.
- A scalable algorithm for dispersing population
- A vlHMM approach to context-aware search
- Activity Maximization by Effective Information Diffusion in Social Networks
- Adding Centralized Electronic Patient-Reported Outcome Data Collection to an Established International Clinical Outcomes Registry.
- Ads-portal domains: Identification and measurements
- Aggregate keyword search on large relational databases
- Algorithmic issues in modeling motion
- An Exploratory Factor Analysis of the National Institutes of Health Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System and the Single Assessment Numeric Evaluation in Knee Surgery Patients.
- An XML model that enables the development of complex order sets by clinical experts.
- An application of automated mediation to international climate treaty negotiation
- An architecture for survivable coordination in large distributed systems
- An assessment of cancer clinical trials vocabulary and IT infrastructure in the U.S.
- An automated "well-baby" questionnaire.
- An empirical analysis of software vendors' patch release behavior: Impact of vulnerability disclosure
- An evaluation of factors influencing Bayesian learning systems.
- An experimental transformation of a large expert knowledge base.
- An i2b2-based, generalizable, open source, self-scaling chronic disease registry.
- An interactive approach to mining gene expression data
- Analysis of a diagnostic strategy for patients with suspected tumors of unknown origin.
- Anonymization by local recoding in data with attribute hierarchical taxonomies
- Anonymization-based attacks in privacy-preserving data publishing
- Anonymous web transactions with crowds
- Answering ad hoc aggregate queries from data streams using prefix aggregate trees
- AntiGroupWare and second messenger
- Anton, a special-purpose machine for molecular dynamics simulation
- Applications of Differential Privacy in Social Network Analysis: A Survey
- Assessing the level of healthcare information technology adoption in the United States: a snapshot.
- Assessing the quality of medical information technology economic evaluations: room for improvement.
- Authors' response
- Autonomous programmable biomolecular devices using self-assembled DNA nanostructures
- Availability analysis of blade server systems
- Best papers from the Fifth International Conference on Advanced Data Mining and Applications (ADMA 2009)
- Building a national research network for clinical investigations in otology and neurotology.
- Can Patient-Reported Outcome Measurement Information System Measures Differentiate Patients Who Will Undergo Hip and Knee Total Joint Arthroplasty: A Retrospective Case-Control Study.
- Certification of algorithm 224: Evaluation of determinant
- Characterization of four novel ras-like genes expressed in a human teratocarcinoma cell line.
- Clinical data bases. Accomplishments and unrealized potential.
- Clinical judgment and therapeutic decision making.
- Closed constrained gradient mining in retail databases
- Clustering uncertain data based on probability distribution similarity
- Comparing software rejuvenation policies under different dependability measures
- Comparison of Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System Computerized Adaptive Testing Versus Fixed Short Forms in Juvenile Myositis.
- Computational complexity and information asymmetry in financial products
- Computational fact checking through query perturbations
- Computer representation of coronary arterial trees.
- Computer-assisted pathology encoding and reporting system (CAPER).
- Computing optimal repairs for functional dependencies
- Conducting online course dialogue on the ethics of the weapons design
- Connection, a microcomputer program for storing and analyzing structural properties of neural circuits.
- Consensus-based ranking of multivalued objects: A generalized borda count approach
- Considerations to Support Use of Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System Pediatric Measures in Ambulatory Clinics.
- Constraint-based sequential pattern mining: The pattern-growth methods
- Construct validity of Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System Paediatric measures in juvenile idiopathic arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus: cross-sectional evaluation.
- Constructing the informatics and information technology foundations of a medical device evaluation system: a report from the FDA unique device identifier demonstration.
- Continuous K-means monitoring with low reporting cost in sensor networks
- Continuous similarity search for evolving queries
- Continuously monitoring top-k uncertain data streams: a probabilistic threshold method
- Cost-Sensitive Learning for Medical Insurance Fraud Detection with Temporal Information
- Creating moral buffers in weapon control interface design
- Crossing spatial and temporal boundaries in globally distributed projects: A relational model of coordination delay
- Cultural variation in response to strategic emotions in negotiations
- Culture counts--sustainable inpatient computerized surveillance across Duke University Health System.
- Cybersecurity in health care.
- DNA-Miner: A System Prototype for Mining DNA Sequences
- DP-cryptography: Marrying Differential Privacy and Cryptography in Emerging Applications
- DP2-Pub: Differentially Private High-Dimensional Data Publication With Invariant Post Randomization
- Data for cardiovascular modeling.
- Data pricing in machine learning pipelines
- Data pricing in machine learning pipelines
- Data systems in child psychiatry: present status and future promise.
- Defining and supporting the diverse information needs of community-based care using the web and hand-held devices.
- Design aspects of advanced decision support systems
- Design of Algorithms and Protocols for Underwater Acoustic Wireless Sensor Networks
- Designing statistical privacy for your data
- Discovering frequent closed partial orders from strings
- Distributing Trust with the Rampart Toolkit
- Does information security attack frequency increase with vulnerability disclosure? An empirical analysis
- EIC editorial
- Early classification on time series
- Economic and business dimensions
- Economic and business dimensions: The extent of globalization of software innovation
- Editorial Commentary: Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS) Needs an Anchor to Correlate Pain and Satisfactory Function in New Patient Orthopaedic Visits.
- Editorial [2012 & 2013 Associate Editors]
- Editorial [State of the Transactions]
- Editorial: Data bank use in management of chronic disease.
- Education: Teaching-oriented faculty at research universities
- Effect of bar-code technology on the safety of medication administration
- Efficient Algorithms for Geometric Optimization
- Efficient Contour Computation of Group-Based Skyline
- Efficient and effective aggregate keyword search on relational databases
- Efficient computation of iceberg cubes with complex measures
- Efficient discovery of contrast subspaces for object explanation and characterization
- Efficient skyline and top-k retrieval in subspaces
- Efficiently Cleaning Structured Event Logs: A Graph Repair Approach
- Eigen-GNN: A Graph Structure Preserving Plug-in for GNNs
- Email mining: Tasks, common techniques, and tools
- Epidemiology of out-of-hospital pediatric airway management in the 2019 national emergency medical services information system data set.
- Evaluating healthcare information technology outside of academia: observations from the national resource center for healthcare information technology at the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
- Exact model counting of query expressions: Limitations of propositional methods
- Examining the Shareholder Wealth Effects of Announcements of Newly Created CIO Positions
- Explainable Tensorized Neural Ordinary Differential Equations for Arbitrary-Step Time Series Prediction
- Explaining and Predicting Helpfulness and Funniness of Online Reviews on the Steam Platform
- Exploratory and confirmatory factor analysis of the PROMIS pain quality item bank.
- Exploring disease association from the NHANES data: Data mining, pattern summarization, and visual analytics
- Exploring interpersonal behavior and team sensemaking during health information technology implementation.
- Failure-aware cascaded suppression in wireless sensor networks
- Financial fraud detection using vocal, linguistic and financial cues
- Finding email correspondents in online social networks
- Finding multiple stable clusterings
- Flood-risk analysis on terrains
- Formal verification of phase-locked loops using reachability analysis and continuization
- Full-size projection keyboard for handheld devices
- Full-size projection keyboard for handheld devices
- Generalized sparse metric learning with relative comparisons
- Good Grief! Anxiety Sours the Economic Benefits of First Offers
- Group sparse reduced rank regression for neuroimaging genetic study
- Group-Based Skyline for Pareto Optimal Groups
- Guest editors' Introduction to the special section on the 27th international conference on data engineering (ICDE 2011)
- High-Order Proximity Preserved Embedding for Dynamic Networks
- Hospitalization and case-fatality rates for stroke in Canada from 1982 through 1991. The Canadian Collaborative Study Group of Stroke Hospitalizations.
- How to achieve (some) balance in anti-circumvention laws
- Human by Design: An Ethical Framework for Human Augmentation
- IBIZA: E-market Infrastructure for Custom-built Information Products
- Impact of the Patient-Reported Outcomes Management Information System (PROMIS) upon the design and operation of multi-center clinical trials: a qualitative research study.
- Implications of complex adaptive systems theory for the design of research on health care organizations.
- Improved noninvasive diagnosis of acute pulmonary embolism with optimally selected clinical and chest radiographic findings.
- Incremental computation and maintenance of temporal aggregates
- Inequalities in HAART uptake and differential survival according to exposure category in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Influence Analysis in Evolving Networks: A Survey
- Information in the clinical laboratory: computer-assisted organization and management.
- Information-theoretic CAD system in mammography: entropy-based indexing for computational efficiency and robust performance.
- Initial table treatment of decompression sickness and arterial gas embolism.
- Input-sensitive scalable continuous join query processing
- Integrating human brain maps.
- Interaction-aware scheduling of report-generation workloads
- Interactive acquisition and analysis of discrete data.
- Is my model any good: differentially private regression diagnostics
- KAT: a flexible XML-based knowledge authoring environment.
- Knowledge management in pursuit of performance: Insights from nortel networks
- LVAD as destination therapy - The economic dilemma
- Lagged effect of Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS) Sleep Disturbance on subacute postsurgical PROMIS Pain Behavior.
- Learning topic models — Provably and efficiently
- Lessons on focus group methodology from a science television news project
- Lethal Autonomous Weapons: Meaningful Human Control or Meaningful Human Certification? [Opinion]
- Leveraging social feedback to verify online identity claims
- Low-rank dimensionality reduction for multi-modality neurodegenerative disease identification
- Making AI Machines Work for Humans in FoW
- Malicious URL detection by dynamically mining patterns without pre-defined elements
- Managing research data with self-documenting files.
- Mapping for prevention: GIS models for directing childhood lead poisoning prevention programs.
- Marketing on the Internet - who can benefit from an online marketing approach?
- Markov Logic Networks for Adverse Drug Event Extraction from Text.
- Measuring health-related quality of life in adolescent and young adult cancer survivors with the National Institutes of Health Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System® : Comparing adolescent, emerging adult, and young adult survivor perspectives.
- Measuring in-network node similarity based on neighborhoods: a unified parametric approach
- Measuring social health in the patient-reported outcomes measurement information system (PROMIS): item bank development and testing.
- Measuring the risk-based value of IT security solutions
- Mergeable summaries
- Mergeable summaries
- Methods for the analysis and assessment of clinical databases: the clinician's perspective.
- Mining changing regions from access-constrained snapshots: A cluster-embedded decision tree approach
- Mining condensed frequent-pattern bases
- Mining constrained gradients in large databases
- Mining discriminative items in multiple data streams
- Mining frequent patterns without candidate generation
- Mining gene-sample-time microarray data: A coherent gene cluster discovery approach
- Mining most frequently changing component in evolving graphs
- Mining sequential patterns by pattern-growth: The prefixspan approach
- Mining top-k sequential patterns in transaction database graphs
- Mining top-k sequential patterns in transaction database graphs: A new challenging problem and a sampling-based approach
- Model complexity of deep learning: a survey
- Multi-Behavior Sequential Recommendation With Temporal Graph Transformer
- Multidimensional Perioperative Recovery Trajectories in a Mixed Surgical Cohort: A Longitudinal Cluster Analysis Utilizing National Institutes of Health Patient-Reported Outcome Measurement Information System Measures.
- Multidimensional business benchmarking analysis on data warehouses
- NATURAL-LANGUAGE WITH DISCRETE SPEECH AS A MODE FOR HUMAN-TO-MACHINE COMMUNICATION
- New EIC editorial
- Object technology: raising the standards for healthcare information systems.
- On spatial keyword covering
- On the complexity of investigating chronic illness.
- On the use of structure and sequence-based features for protein classification and retrieval
- Online display advertising markets: A literature review and future directions
- Online skyline analysis with dynamic preferences on nominal attributes
- Opportunities for improving management of advanced chronic kidney disease.
- Optimal estimation of low-rank factors via feature level data fusion of multiplex signal systems
- PADS: A simple yet effective pattern-aware dynamic search method for fast maximal frequent pattern mining
- Parallel Algorithms
- Patient-specific predictions of outcomes in myocardial infarction for real-time emergency use: a thrombolytic predictive instrument.
- Performance-centered design of knowledge-intensive processes
- Permutation-Equivariant and Proximity-Aware Graph Neural Networks With Stochastic Message Passing
- Phase change memory architecture and the quest for scalability
- Point/counterpoint - CS education in the U.S.: Heading in the wrong direction?
- Policies for Online Privacy in the United States and the European Union
- Policies for online privacy in the United States and the European Union
- Politics and standards.
- Polynomial learnability and Inductive Logic Programming: Methods and results
- Preference-Based Frequent Pattern Mining
- Proactive population health management in the context of a regional health information exchange using standards-based decision support.
- Probabilistic reverse nearest neighbor queries on uncertain data
- Probabilistic skylines on uncertain data: Model and bounding-pruning- refining methods
- Problems and advantages of an observational data base approach to evaluating the effect of therapy on outcome.
- Problems in data management when studying chronic illness.
- Progress in medical information management. Systematized nomenclature of medicine (SNOMED).
- Proximity and information technology outsourcing: How local are IT services markets?
- Psychometric evaluation and calibration of health-related quality of life item banks: plans for the Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS).
- Publishing search logs - A comparative study of privacy guarantees
- Pufferfish: A framework for mathematical privacy definitions
- Quality improvement and clinical research: an important partnership.
- Ranking queries on uncertain data
- Ranking queries on uncertain data
- Ranking uncertain sky: The probabilistic top-k skyline operator
- Recommendations for two-way selections using skyline view queries
- Regression cubes with lossless compression and aggregation
- Reply: Technology and Plastic Surgery: Potential Pitfalls for Patient Confidentiality and Proposed Solutions.
- Report on the fourth international workshop on Data Management for Sensor Networks (DMSN 2007)
- Resident utilization of information technology.
- Responsiveness of the Patient-reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS) Pediatric Measures to Changes in Disease Status and Quality of Life Among Children and Adolescents With Crohn's Disease.
- Retrieval in a Computer-assisted Pathology Encoding and Reporting System (CAPER).
- Scream cube: An architecture for multi-dimensional analysis of data streams
- Secure and Efficient Skyline Queries on Encrypted Data.
- Sensible approaches for reducing clinical trial costs.
- Setting the vision: applied patient-reported outcomes and smart, connected digital healthcare systems to improve patient-centered outcomes prediction in critical illness.
- Sexual functioning along the cancer continuum: focus group results from the Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS®).
- Shaping up for E-Commerce: Institutional Enablers of the Organizational Assimilation of Web Technologies
- Should executives go to jail over cybersecurity breaches?
- SimRank*: effective and scalable pairwise similarity search based on graph topology
- Skyline diagram: Efficient space partitioning for skyline queries
- Skyline distance: A measure of multidimensional competence
- Sleep-wake functioning along the cancer continuum: focus group results from the Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS(®)).
- Spatial and temporal boundaries in global teams: Distinguishing where you work from when you work
- Stakeholder Values and Scientific Modeling in the Neuse River Watershed
- Standard formats for electronic transfer of clinical data.
- State-Level Immunization Information Systems: Potential for Childhood Immunization Data Linkages.
- Strategic directions in computational geometry
- Strategic directions in computer science education
- Strategies for delivering value from digital technology transformation.
- Stream cube: An architecture for multi-dimensional analysis of data streams
- Subscriber assignment for wide-area content-based publish/subscribe
- Subspace multi-clustering: a review
- Super-resolution video analysis for forensic investigations
- Superseding nearest neighbor search on uncertain spatial databases
- Systematic gene mapping in man: data management considerations.
- TIP: A Temporal Extension to Informix
- Team boundary issues across multiple global firms
- Technical perspective: Images everywhere looking for models
- Technical perspective:visual reconstruction
- Technology and Plastic Surgery: Potential Pitfalls for Patient Confidentiality and Proposed Solutions.
- Text Recycling in STEM Research: An Exploratory Investigation of Expert and Novice Beliefs and Attitudes
- The First-Course Conundrum
- The First-Course Conundrum
- The National Cancer Data Base report on prostate cancer.
- The Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS) developed and tested its first wave of adult self-reported health outcome item banks: 2005-2008.
- The Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS): progress of an NIH Roadmap cooperative group during its first two years.
- The Shareholder-Wealth and Trading-Volume Effects of Information-Technology Infrastructure Investments
- The Stroke Prevention Patient Outcomes Research Team. Goals and methods.
- The ambulatory blood pressure in normotensive and hypertensive subjects: results from an international database.
- The development of a mental health information system.
- The double-edge sword of secrecy in military weapon development
- The effect of customers' social media participation on customer visit frequency and profitability: An empirical investigation
- The effects of computerized medical records on provider efficiency and quality of care.
- The emerging discipline of biomolecular computation in the US
- The experience of young adults on HealthCare.gov: suggestions for improvement.
- The incidence of multiple gestations after in vitro fertilization is dependent on the number of embryos transferred and maternal age.
- The k-anonymity and l-diversity approaches for privacy preservation in social networks against neighborhood attacks
- The need for quick computer response with minimal input: development of an ED computer system.
- The network of Shanghai Stroke Service System (4S): A public health-care web-based database using automatic extraction of electronic medical records.
- The quality of online social relationships
- The relation of psychosocial dimensions of work with coronary heart disease risk factors: a meta-analysis of five United States data bases.
- The role of standards in creating a health information infrastructure.
- The role of standards in electronic prescribing.
- The spatial, temporal, and configurational characteristics of geographic dispersion in teams
- The student productivity paradox: Technology mediated learning in schools
- Theoretical Justification for IT Infrastructure Investments
- Threshold-based probabilistic top-k dominating queries
- Tools for improving the quality of data capture for clinical inquiry.
- Top-k Preferences in High Dimensions
- Top-k and clustering with noisy comparisons
- Top-k typicality queries and efficient query answering methods on large databases
- Total medical record: an automated medical information system.
- Tow ards Data Mining Benchmarking: A Test Bed for Performance Study of Frequent Pattern Mining
- Towards multidimensional subspace skyline analysis
- Towards the construction of workflow-suitable conceptual modelling techniques
- Tracking Influential Individuals in Dynamic Networks
- Tying clinical research to patient care by use of an observational database.
- Understanding sources of inefficiency in general-purpose chips
- United States Population-Based Estimates of Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System Symptom and Functional Status Reference Values for Individuals With Cancer.
- Unstandard Standardization: The Case of Biology
- Use of Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS) measures to characterise health status for patients seeking care from an orthopaedic provider: a retrospective cohort study.
- Use of an automated anesthesia information system to determine reference limits for vital signs during cesarean section.
- Using Time-Driven Activity-Based Costing to Demonstrate Value in Perioperative Care: Recommendations and Review from the Society for Perioperative Assessment and Quality Improvement (SPAQI).
- Using a Relational System on Wall Street: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly, and the Ideal
- Utility of patient-reported outcomes measurement information system (PROMIS) physical function form in inflammatory myopathy.
- Utility of the advanced chronic kidney disease patient management tools: case studies.
- VLDB SI 2018 editorial
- VLDB SI 2018 editorial
- Validity and Responsiveness of the Patient-reported Outcomes Measurement Information System in Children With Ulcerative Colitis.
- Value-driven expert systems for decision support
- Visually aware recommendation with aesthetic features
- Voice over IP: how computing technology is being used in mobile communications.
- Web Based Capacity Allocation Strategies for Customers with Heterogeneous Preferences.
- Web-enabled transformation of the brokerage industry
- What Intellectual Property Law Should Learn from Software
- Why on-chip cache coherence is here to stay
- [ADP-based drug information. The Felles catalog in a freetext system].
- [Freetext retrieval. A powerful ADP-tool even within medicine].
- ϵKtelo: A framework for defining differentially private computations
Keywords of People
- Brouwer, Rebecca, Dir, Research Initiatives, School of Medicine