Subject Areas on Research
- A Voucher System To Speed Review Could Promote A New Generation Of Insecticides To Fight Vector-Borne Diseases.
- A single amino acid change in the para sodium channel protein is associated with knockdown-resistance (kdr) to pyrethroid insecticides in German cockroach.
- A sodium channel mutation identified in Aedes aegypti selectively reduces cockroach sodium channel sensitivity to type I, but not type II pyrethroids.
- Alanine to valine substitutions in the pore helix IIIP1 and linker-helix IIIL45 confer cockroach sodium channel resistance to DDT and pyrethroids.
- An alanine in segment 3 of domain III (IIIS3) of the cockroach sodium channel contributes to the low pyrethroid sensitivity of an alternative splice variant.
- Bioallethrin activates specific olfactory sensory neurons and elicits spatial repellency in Aedes aegypti.
- Characterization of two kdr mutations at predicted pyrethroid receptor site 2 in the sodium channels of Aedes aegypti and Nilaparvata lugens.
- Chronology of sodium channel mutations associated with pyrethroid resistance in Aedes aegypti.
- Comparative field evaluation of combinations of long-lasting insecticide treated nets and indoor residual spraying, relative to either method alone, for malaria prevention in an area where the main vector is Anopheles arabiensis.
- DSC1 channel-dependent developmental regulation of pyrethroid susceptibility in Drosophila melanogaster.
- Distinct roles of two RDL GABA receptors in fipronil action in the diamondback moth (Plutella xylostella).
- Effect of a fluvalinate-resistance-associated sodium channel mutation from varroa mites on cockroach sodium channel sensitivity to fluvalinate, a pyrethroid insecticide.
- Effect of individual and community-level bed net usage on malaria prevalence among under-fives in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Entomological indicators of malaria transmission prior to a cluster-randomized controlled trial of a 'lethal house lure' intervention in central Côte d'Ivoire.
- Evaluation of the interaction between insecticide resistance-associated genes and malaria transmission in Anopheles gambiae sensu lato in central Côte d'Ivoire.
- Evolutionary adaptation of the amino acid and codon usage of the mosquito sodium channel following insecticide selection in the field mosquitoes.
- Exploring alternative insecticide delivery options in a "lethal house lure" for malaria vector control.
- Fine scale spatial investigation of multiple insecticide resistance and underlying target-site and metabolic mechanisms in Anopheles gambiae in central Côte d'Ivoire.
- Fundulus heteroclitus adapted to PAHs are cross-resistant to multiple insecticides.
- Identification and interaction of multiple genes resulting in DDT resistance in the 91-R strain of Drosophila melanogaster by RNAi approaches.
- Insecticide Resistance and Malaria Vector Control: The Importance of Fitness Cost Mechanisms in Determining Economically Optimal Control Trajectories
- Linkage of kdr-type resistance and the para-homologous sodium channel gene in German cockroaches (Blattella germanica).
- Molecular basis of selective resistance of the bumblebee BiNav 1 sodium channel to tau-fluvalinate.
- Molecular biology of insect sodium channels and pyrethroid resistance.
- Molecular evidence for dual pyrethroid-receptor sites on a mosquito sodium channel.
- Molecular evidence of sequential evolution of DDT- and pyrethroid-resistant sodium channel in Aedes aegypti.
- Multiple mutations and mutation combinations in the sodium channel of permethrin resistant mosquitoes, Culex quinquefasciatus.
- Mutations in the transmembrane helix S6 of domain IV confer cockroach sodium channel resistance to sodium channel blocker insecticides and local anesthetics.
- Mutations of two acidic residues at the cytoplasmic end of segment IIIS6 of an insect sodium channel have distinct effects on pyrethroid resistance.
- Negative cross-resistance of a pyrethroid-resistant Drosophila mutant to Phryma leptostachya-derived haedoxan A.
- Novel point mutations in the German cockroach para sodium channel gene are associated with knockdown resistance (kdr) to pyrethroid insecticides.
- Omitting age-dependent mosquito mortality in malaria models underestimates the effectiveness of insecticide-treated nets.
- Synergism of chlorpyrifos against the German cockroach, Blattella germanica.
- The Drosophila Sodium Channel 1 (DSC1): The founding member of a new family of voltage-gated cation channels.
- Three sodium channel mutations from Aedes albopictus confer resistance to Type I, but not Type II pyrethroids.
- Two novel sodium channel mutations associated with resistance to indoxacarb and metaflumizone in the diamondback moth, Plutella xylostella.
- Use of alternative bioassays to explore the impact of pyrethroid resistance on LLIN efficacy.
- Use of novel lab assays to examine the effect of pyrethroid-treated bed nets on blood-feeding success and longevity of highly insecticide-resistant Anopheles gambiae s.l. mosquitoes.