Subject Areas on Research
- A comparison of oral and rectal absorption of L-dopa esters in rats and mice.
- A physicochemical study of fat absorption in rats. Limitation of methods in vitro.
- A simplified single stage total hepatectomy in the rat with maintenance of gastrointestinal absorptive function.
- Adjustment of iron intake for dietary enhancers and inhibitors in population studies: bioavailable iron in rural and urban residing Russian women and children.
- Administration of 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine, an inhibitor of HTLV-III/LAV replication, to patients with AIDS or AIDS-related complex.
- An overview of calcium homeostasis in humans.
- Analysis of the E399D mutation in SLC11A2.
- Assessment and significance of bacterial overgrowth in the small bowel.
- Calcium stone disease: an overview.
- Clinical and biochemical presentation of gouty diathesis: comparison of uric acid versus pure calcium stone formation.
- Commentary on: ferrokinetics in the syndrome of familial hypoferremic microcytic anemia with iron malabsorption.
- Comparison of Glucosamine Absorption After Administration of Oral Liquid, Chewable, and Tablet Formulations to Dogs.
- Complexation hydrogels for oral protein delivery: an in vitro assessment of the insulin transport-enhancing effects following dissolution in simulated digestive fluids.
- Differences in muscle protein synthesis and anabolic signaling in the postabsorptive state and in response to food in 65-80 year old men and women.
- Differences in the absorption, metabolism and biliary excretion of a diastereomeric pair of alphavbeta3-antagonists in rat: limited role of P-glycoprotein.
- Diminished and erratic absorption of ergocalciferol in adult cystic fibrosis patients.
- Disorders of iron metabolism.
- Disorders of iron metabolism.
- Disorders of iron metabolism.
- Duke procedure for super obesity: preliminary report with 3.5-year follow-up.
- Effect of bacterial or porcine lipase with low- or high-fat diets on nutrient absorption in pancreatic-insufficient dogs.
- Effect of inhalation of coal fly ash on vitamin A distribution in organs of the rat.
- Effect of simultaneous didanosine administration on itraconazole absorption in healthy volunteers.
- Effects of estrogen/progestin agents on plasma retinoids and chylomicron remnant metabolism.
- Endothelin-2 deficiency causes growth retardation, hypothermia, and emphysema in mice.
- Eventual attenuation of hypocalciuric response to hydrochlorothiazide in absorptive hypercalciuria.
- Expression of the DMT1 (NRAMP2/DCT1) iron transporter in mice with genetic iron overload disorders.
- Fecal IgA, Antigen Absorption, and Gut Microbiome Composition Are Associated With Food Antigen Sensitization in Genetically Susceptible Mice.
- GLP-1 reduces intestinal lymph flow, triglyceride absorption, and apolipoprotein production in rats.
- Genes that modify the hemochromatosis phenotype in mice.
- Hypercalciuria and altered intestinal calcium absorption occurring independently of vitamin D in incomplete distal renal tubular acidosis.
- Hypolipidemic activity of tetrakis-mu-(trimethylamine-boranecarboxylato)-bis(trimethylamin e- carboxyborane)-dicopper(II) in rodents and its effect on lipid metabolism.
- In vitro and in vivo evaluation of a water-in-oil microemulsion system for enhanced peptide intestinal delivery.
- Influence of age on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of oral transmucosal fentanyl citrate.
- Intestinal iron absorption: current concepts circa 2000.
- Iron homeostasis.
- Iron metabolism: iron deficiency and iron overload.
- Liposomal amphotericin B: clinical experience and perspectives.
- Lysosome-Rich Enterocytes Mediate Protein Absorption in the Vertebrate Gut.
- Metabolism and transport of galactose by rat intestine.
- Methadone pharmacokinetics are independent of cytochrome P4503A (CYP3A) activity and gastrointestinal drug transport: insights from methadone interactions with ritonavir/indinavir.
- Microbiota regulate intestinal absorption and metabolism of fatty acids in the zebrafish.
- Parasympathetic stimulation via the vagus nerve prevents systemic organ dysfunction by abrogating gut injury and lymph toxicity in trauma and hemorrhagic shock.
- Pharmacokinetics of zidovudine administered intravenously and orally in children with human immunodeficiency virus infection.
- Quinidine as a probe for the role of p-glycoprotein in the intestinal absorption and clinical effects of fentanyl.
- Recent advances in disorders of iron metabolism: mutations, mechanisms and modifiers.
- Regulation of iron absorption in Hfe mutant mice.
- Results of bariatric surgery.
- Robotically handled whole-tissue culture system for the screening of oral drug formulations.
- Role of P-glycoprotein in the intestinal absorption and clinical effects of morphine.
- Role of the intestinal tight junction modulator zonulin in the pathogenesis of type I diabetes in BB diabetic-prone rats.
- Role of the microvillus in the absorption of disaccharides.
- Short-chain alkyl esters of L-dopa as prodrugs for rectal absorption.
- Small-bowel malabsorption and gastrointestinal malignancy.
- Synthesis and evaluation of compounds that facilitate the gastrointestinal absorption of heparin.
- Synthesis of C3 heteroatom-substituted azetidinones that display potent cholesterol absorption inhibitory activity.
- The Arp2/3 complex has essential roles in vesicle trafficking and transcytosis in the mammalian small intestine.
- The NLRP3 inflammasome protects against loss of epithelial integrity and mortality during experimental colitis.
- The absorption of oleic acid from emulsion and micellar solution.
- The absorption of tristearin and stearic acid and tripalmitin and palmitic acid. Studies on the rate-limiting steps in rats.
- The effect of quinidine, used as a probe for the involvement of P-glycoprotein, on the intestinal absorption and pharmacodynamics of methadone.
- The intestinal glucose-apelin cycle controls carbohydrate absorption in mice.
- The iron exporter ferroportin/Slc40a1 is essential for iron homeostasis.
- The molecular regulation of iron metabolism.
- The regulation of the lymphatic secretion of glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) by intestinal absorption of fat and carbohydrate.
- The role of duodenal cytochrome b in intestinal iron absorption remains unclear.
- Transferrin receptor is necessary for development of erythrocytes and the nervous system.
- Transplantation of the entire small bowel in inbred rats using cyclosporine.
- Understanding heme transport.
- Use of fluconazole in a patient with documented malabsorption of ketoconazole.
- Use of ketoconazole to probe the pathogenetic importance of 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D in absorptive hypercalciuria.
Keywords of People
- Preminger, Glenn Michael, James F. Glenn, M.D. Distinguished Professor of Urology, Surgery, Urology
- Weinhold, Kent James, Joseph W. and Dorothy W. Beard Distinguished Professor of Experimental Surgery, Integrative Immunobiology