Kidney Function Tests
Subject Areas on Research
- A Multibiomarker-Based Model for Estimating the Risk of Septic Acute Kidney Injury.
- A National Registry for People With All Stages of Kidney Disease: The National Kidney Foundation (NKF) Patient Network.
- Acute Kidney Injury in COVID-19: Emerging Evidence of a Distinct Pathophysiology.
- Acute decline in renal function, inflammation, and cardiovascular risk after an acute coronary syndrome.
- Acute heart failure in the young: Clinical characteristics and biomarker profiles.
- Albuminuria and kidney function as prognostic marker of left ventricular mass among South Asians with hypertension.
- Ambulatory blood pressure in the dash diet trial: Effects of race and albuminuria.
- Amphotericin B therapy in an anephric patient.
- Analysis of age, estimated creatinine clearance and pretreatment hematologic parameters as predictors of fludarabine toxicity in patients treated for chronic lymphocytic leukemia: a CALGB (9011) coordinated intergroup study.
- Anti-Leukocyte Function-Associated Antigen 1 Therapy in a Nonhuman Primate Renal Transplant Model of Costimulation Blockade-Resistant Rejection.
- Aspirin use post-acute coronary syndromes: intolerance, bleeding and discontinuation.
- Association of Arterial Stiffness With Kidney Function Among Adults Without Chronic Kidney Disease.
- Association of Perioperative Plasma Neutrophil Gelatinase-Associated Lipocalin Levels with 3-Year Mortality after Cardiac Surgery: A Prospective Observational Cohort Study.
- Association of Visit-to-Visit Variability in Kidney Function and Serum Electrolyte Indexes With Risk of Adverse Clinical Outcomes Among Patients With Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction.
- Associations between rat renal allograft function, inflammation, and host immunity.
- Baclofen Toxicity in Kidney Disease.
- Belatacept Combined With Transient Calcineurin Inhibitor Therapy Prevents Rejection and Promotes Improved Long-Term Renal Allograft Function.
- Brief Report: Frequency of Monitoring Kidney Function in HIV-Uninfected Persons Using Daily Oral Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate Pre-exposure Prophylaxis.
- CD57(+) CD4 T Cells Underlie Belatacept-Resistant Allograft Rejection.
- Cardiopulmonary bypass is associated with hemolysis and acute kidney injury in neonates, infants, and children*.
- Changes in Urinary Microbiome Populations Correlate in Kidney Transplants With Interstitial Fibrosis and Tubular Atrophy Documented in Early Surveillance Biopsies.
- Changes in glomerular kidney function among HIV-1-uninfected men and women receiving emtricitabine-tenofovir disoproxil fumarate preexposure prophylaxis: a randomized clinical trial.
- Chapter 1: AUA guideline on management of staghorn calculi: diagnosis and treatment recommendations.
- Characteristics and Outcomes of Individuals With Pre-existing Kidney Disease and COVID-19 Admitted to Intensive Care Units in the United States.
- Characteristics and in-hospital outcomes of patients presenting with non-ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction found to have significant coronary artery disease on coronary angiography and managed medically: stratification according to renal function.
- Clinical Implications of Serum Albumin Levels in Acute Heart Failure: Insights From DOSE-AHF and ROSE-AHF.
- Clinical testing patterns and cost implications of variation in the evaluation of CKD among US physicians.
- Coagulation blockade prevents sepsis-induced respiratory and renal failure in baboons.
- Comparison of renal function following anesthesia with low-flow sevoflurane and isoflurane.
- Computerized medical records. A new resource for clinical decision making.
- Concomitant aortic and renal artery reconstruction in patients on an intensive antihypertensive medical regimen: long-term outcome.
- Continuous renal replacement therapy for children ≤10 kg: a report from the prospective pediatric continuous renal replacement therapy registry.
- Creatinine versus cystatin C for renal function-based mortality prediction in an elderly cohort: The Northern Manhattan Study.
- Deficiency of 5-lipoxygenase accelerates renal allograft rejection in mice.
- Defining measures of kidney function in observational studies using routine health care data: methodological and reporting considerations.
- Design and rationale of the PROTECT study: a placebo-controlled randomized study of the selective A1 adenosine receptor antagonist rolofylline for patients hospitalized with acute decompensated heart failure and volume overload to assess treatment effect on congestion and renal function.
- Diabetic kidney disease: a report from an ADA Consensus Conference.
- Diabetic kidney disease: a report from an ADA Consensus Conference.
- Diagnostic workup of renal disorders.
- Disseminated intravascular coagulation and renal failure: Production in the monkey with autologous red blood cell stroma.
- Diuretics, calciuria and secondary hyperparathyroidism in the Chronic Renal Insufficiency Cohort.
- Effect of Pretreatment Renal Function on Treatment and Clinical Outcomes in the Adjuvant Treatment of Older Women With Breast Cancer: Alliance A171201, an Ancillary Study of CALGB/CTSU 49907.
- Effect of once-weekly exenatide on estimated glomerular filtration rate slope depends on baseline renal risk: A post hoc analysis of the EXSCEL trial.
- Effects of elevated lead and cadmium burdens on renal function and calcium metabolism.
- Effects of low-dose atrial natriuretic peptide infusion on cardiac surgery-associated acute kidney injury: A multicenter randomized controlled trial.
- Effects of serum creatinine calibration on estimated renal function in african americans: the Jackson heart study.
- Efficacy and Safety of Tolvaptan in Patients Hospitalized With Acute Heart Failure.
- Elevation of CXCR3-binding chemokines in urine indicates acute renal-allograft dysfunction.
- Epidemiology of cardiorenal syndrome.
- Epigenome-wide association study of kidney function identifies trans-ethnic and ethnic-specific loci.
- Everolimus with reduced tacrolimus improves renal function in de novo liver transplant recipients: a randomized controlled trial.
- Failure of spermatogenesis in mouse lines deficient in the Na(+)-K(+)-2Cl(-) cotransporter.
- Fanconi syndrome accompanied by renal function decline with tenofovir disoproxil fumarate: a prospective, case-control study of predictors and resolution in HIV-infected patients.
- Four-dimensional MRI of renal function in the developing mouse.
- Haemoconcentration during treatment of acute heart failure with cardiorenal syndrome: from the CARRESS-HF trial.
- Haemoconcentration, renal function, and post-discharge outcomes among patients hospitalized for heart failure with reduced ejection fraction: insights from the EVEREST trial.
- Haemodynamic effects of rolofylline in the treatment of patients with heart failure and impaired renal function.
- Hemorrhagic Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1 Nephritis: An Unusual Cause of Acute Allograft Dysfunction.
- Hospital readmissions following HLA-incompatible live donor kidney transplantation: A multi-center study.
- Hospitalized hemorrhagic stroke patients with renal insufficiency: clinical characteristics, care patterns, and outcomes.
- Imaging-guided radiofrequency ablation of cystic renal neoplasms.
- Immunogenetics of consanguineous allografts in man. II. Correlation of renal allografting with HL-A genotyping.
- Impact of donor and recipient age difference on long-term allograft survival after living donor renal transplantation: analysis of 478 cases.
- Implications of Serum Chloride Homeostasis in Acute Heart Failure (from ROSE-AHF).
- Improving the clinical value of estimating glomerular filtration rate by reporting all values: a contrarian viewpoint.
- Incremental prognostic value of renal function for stroke prediction in atrial fibrillation.
- Ineffectiveness of remote ischemic renal preconditioning in a porcine solitary-kidney model.
- Influence of Kidney Function Estimation Methods on Eligibility for Edoxaban Population Impact of the US Food and Drug Administration's Approach for Its Product Labeling.
- Initial experience using rapamycin immunosuppression in pediatric intestinal transplant recipients.
- Kidney Function Surveillance in the National Spina Bifida Patient Registry: A Retrospective Cohort Study.
- Kidney disease other than renal crisis in patients with diffuse scleroderma.
- Laboratory blood tests useful in monitoring renal function in neonates.
- Laboratory profile of sickle cell disease: a cross-sectional analysis. The Cooperative Study of Sickle Cell Disease.
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy improves renal transplant candidacy and posttransplant outcomes in morbidly obese patients.
- Lithium-induced nephrotic syndrome.
- Long-term exposure to ambient air pollution and renal function in African Americans: the Jackson Heart Study.
- Long-term survival following kidney transplantation in previous lung transplant recipients-An analysis of the unos registry.
- Low-flow sevoflurane compared with low-flow isoflurane anesthesia in patients with stable renal insufficiency.
- Lymphocyte depletion and risk of acute rejection in renal transplant recipients at increased risk for delayed graft function.
- Malignant lymphoma of the kidney presenting with pain and acute renal failure.
- Management of childhood onset nephrotic syndrome.
- Markers of Renal Function in Older Adults Completing a Higher Protein Obesity Intervention and One Year Later: Findings from the MEASUR-UP Trial.
- Meta-analyses identify DNA methylation associated with kidney function and damage.
- Metformin and/or clomiphene do not adversely affect liver or renal function in women with polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Mitral valve surgery and acute renal injury: port access versus median sternotomy.
- Multicenter Validation of the Vasoactive-Ventilation-Renal Score as a Predictor of Prolonged Mechanical Ventilation After Neonatal Cardiac Surgery.
- New insights into the mechanism of methoxyflurane nephrotoxicity and implications for anesthetic development (part 1): Identification of the nephrotoxic metabolic pathway.
- Nontraditional sites for vascular anastomoses to enable kidney transplantation in patients with major systemic venous thromboses.
- Novel once-daily extended-release tacrolimus (LCPT) versus twice-daily tacrolimus in de novo kidney transplants: one-year results of Phase III, double-blind, randomized trial.
- Obesity and the response to intensified diuretic treatment in decompensated heart failure: a DOSE trial substudy.
- Outcome and causes of renal deterioration evaluated by serial cystatin C measurements in acute coronary syndrome patients -- results from the PLATelet inhibition and patient Outcomes (PLATO) study.
- Patient-specific factors affecting patient-controlled analgesia dosing.
- Perioperative Implications of End-stage Renal Disease in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Phase I and pharmacokinetic study of erlotinib for solid tumors in patients with hepatic or renal dysfunction: CALGB 60101.
- Physiologic role for enhanced renal thromboxane production in murine lupus nephritis.
- Plasma-Derived C1 Esterase Inhibitor for Acute Antibody-Mediated Rejection Following Kidney Transplantation: Results of a Randomized Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Pilot Study.
- Population-based screening for CKD.
- Postcardiac surgery complications: association of acute renal dysfunction and atrial fibrillation.
- Postdepletion Lymphocyte Reconstitution During Belatacept and Rapamycin Treatment in Kidney Transplant Recipients.
- Predictors of preterm birth in patients with mild systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Preoperative angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and angiotensin receptor blocker use and acute kidney injury in patients undergoing cardiac surgery.
- Prescription of Guideline-Recommended Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator and Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Among Patients Hospitalized With Heart Failure and Varying Degrees of Renal Function.
- Presurgical serum cystatin C and risk of acute kidney injury after cardiac surgery.
- Prevention of contrast-induced acute kidney injury in patients undergoing cardiovascular procedures-a systematic review and network meta-analysis.
- Prospective analysis of strategies for diagnosing renovascular hypertension.
- Protocol-based nurse coordinator management of ambulatory tacrolimus dosing in de novo renal transplant recipients-A single-center experience with a large African American population.
- Prune belly syndrome. A focused physical assessment.
- Quality of care and outcomes among patients with acute myocardial infarction by level of kidney function at admission: report from the get with the guidelines coronary artery disease program.
- Race-Free Estimation of Kidney Function: Clearing the Path Toward Kidney Health Equity.
- Redressing the Harms of Race-Based Kidney Function Estimation.
- Relationship Among Viremia/Viral Infection, Alloimmunity, and Nutritional Parameters in the First Year After Pediatric Kidney Transplantation.
- Relationship between renal function and left ventricular assist device use.
- Relationship of Estimated GFR and Albuminuria to Concurrent Laboratory Abnormalities: An Individual Participant Data Meta-analysis in a Global Consortium.
- Renal Recovery Years After Initial Diagnosis of Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome.
- Renal Toxicity Associated with Salsalate in Elderly Adults with Anemia.
- Renal function as a predictor of outcome in a broad spectrum of patients with heart failure.
- Renal function outcomes after laparoscopic renal cryoablation.
- Renal function outcomes for multifocal renal neoplasms managed by radiofrequency ablation.
- Renal function, atherothrombosis extent, and outcomes in high-risk patients.
- Renal systems biology of patients with systemic inflammatory response syndrome.
- Renin-angiotensin-aldosterone genotype influences ventricular remodeling in infants with single ventricle.
- Repletion of S-nitrosohemoglobin improves organ function and physiological status in swine after brain death.
- Reporting of estimated GFR in the primary care clinic.
- Results of combined hepatic, pancreaticoduodenal, and renal procurements.
- Retinal Vascular Imaging Markers and Incident Chronic Kidney Disease: A Prospective Cohort Study.
- Risk Factors for Rapid Kidney Function Decline Among African Americans: The Jackson Heart Study (JHS).
- Rituximab versus cyclophosphamide for ANCA-associated vasculitis with renal involvement.
- Role of sympathetic neurons in biochemical and functional development of the kidney: neonatal sympathectomy with 6-hydroxydopamine.
- Safety and efficacy of adjusted-dose eptifibatide in patients with acute coronary syndromes and reduced renal function.
- Safety of low-flow sevoflurane anesthesia in patients with chronically impaired renal function is not proven.
- Selective Targeting of High-Affinity LFA-1 Does Not Augment Costimulation Blockade in a Nonhuman Primate Renal Transplantation Model.
- Self-reported Medication Adherence and Adverse Patient Safety Events in CKD.
- Sepsis may not be a risk factor for mortality in patients with acute kidney injury treated with continuous renal replacement therapy.
- Serum creatinine patterns in coronary bypass surgery patients with and without postoperative cognitive dysfunction.
- Sex-specific acute heart failure phenotypes and outcomes from PROTECT.
- Simultaneous Risk Factor Control Using Telehealth to slOw Progression of Diabetic Kidney Disease (STOP-DKD) study: Protocol and baseline characteristics of a randomized controlled trial.
- Slowing the progression of chronic renal insufficiency.
- Splenic Irradiation for the Treatment of Severe Antibody-Mediated Rejection.
- Surgical transplant physical examination: correlation of renal resistance index and biopsy-proven chronic allograft nephropathy.
- Synthetic atrial natriuretic factor decreases renal tubular phosphate reabsorption in rats.
- Tacrolimus dose requirements in African-American and Caucasian kidney transplant recipients on mycophenolate and prednisone.
- The Incremental Cost of Incompatible Living Donor Kidney Transplantation: A National Cohort Analysis.
- The Relationship of Quantitative Retinal Capillary Network to Kidney Function in Type 2 Diabetes.
- The analytical change in plasma creatinine that constitutes a biologic/physiologic change.
- The effects of cytotoxic therapy in progressive IgA nephropathy.
- The indispensability of heme oxygenase-1 in protecting against acute heme protein-induced toxicity in vivo.
- The kidney and hypertension: lessons from mouse models.
- The renal excretion of hydrogen ion in renal tubular acidosis. I. quantitative assessment of the response to ammonium chloride as an acid load.
- The renal excretion of hydrogen ion in renal tubular acidosis. II. Quantitative response to the carbonic anhydrase inhibitor, acetazolamide.
- Therapy insight: how changes in renal function with increasing age affect cardiovascular drug prescribing.
- Thrombocytopenia and absent radii (TAR) syndrome associated with horseshoe kidney.
- Too much of a good thing? Tracing the history of the propofol infusion syndrome.
- Transgenic mice as a tool to study the renin-angiotensin system.
- Transient and persistent worsening renal function during hospitalization for acute heart failure.
- Treatment Consistency Across Levels of Baseline Renal Function With Rivaroxaban or Warfarin: A ROCKET AF (Rivaroxaban Once-Daily, Oral, Direct Factor Xa Inhibition Compared With Vitamin K Antagonism for Prevention of Stroke and Embolism Trial in Atrial Fibrillation) Analysis.
- Ureteropelvic junction obliteration resulting in nephrectomy after radiofrequency ablation of small renal cell carcinoma.
- Urinary cystatin C and acute kidney injury after cardiac surgery.
- Urinary kallikrein in dogs with constriction of one renal artery.
- Use of Measures of Inflammation and Kidney Function for Prediction of Atherosclerotic Vascular Disease Events and Death in Patients With CKD: Findings From the CRIC Study.
- Use of glomerular filtration rate estimating equations for drug dosing in HIV-positive patients.
- Validation of the kidney failure risk equation for end-stage kidney disease in Southeast Asia.
- Working Toward an Improved Understanding of Chronic Cardiorenal Syndrome Type 4.
- [Prostaglandin E1 for prevention of contrast medium-induced kidney dysfunction].
Keywords of People
- O'Connor, Christopher Michael, Adjunct Professor in the Department of Medicine, Medicine, Clinical Pharmacology
- Preminger, Glenn Michael, James F. Glenn, M.D. Distinguished Professor of Urology, Surgery, Urology