Subject Areas on Research
- A trial of prophylactic cefamandole in extended gynecologic surgery.
- Activation of toll-like receptor 4 is necessary for trauma hemorrhagic shock-induced gut injury and polymorphonuclear neutrophil priming.
- An isolated perfused rat lung preparation.
- Chylomicron formation and secretion is required for lipid-stimulated release of incretins GLP-1 and GIP.
- Dog inactive renin: biochemical characterization and secretion into renal plasma and lymph.
- Effect of apoproteins on hepatic uptake of triglyceride emulsions in the rat.
- Effect of captopril on the release of the components of the renin-angiotensin system into plasma and lymph.
- Fasting and postprandial concentrations of GLP-1 in intestinal lymph and portal plasma: evidence for selective release of GLP-1 in the lymph system.
- GLP-1 reduces intestinal lymph flow, triglyceride absorption, and apolipoprotein production in rats.
- Isoproterenol inhibits the increase in microvascular membrane permeability produced by bradykinin.
- Parasympathetic stimulation via the vagus nerve prevents systemic organ dysfunction by abrogating gut injury and lymph toxicity in trauma and hemorrhagic shock.
- Role of lymphatics in removal of sheep lung surfactant lipid.
- Subcapsular sinus macrophages in lymph nodes clear lymph-borne viruses and present them to antiviral B cells.
- The absorption of tristearin and stearic acid and tripalmitin and palmitic acid. Studies on the rate-limiting steps in rats.
- The intestinal lymph fistula model--a novel approach to study ghrelin secretion.
- Using the lymph fistula rat model to study the potentiation of GIP secretion by the ingestion of fat and glucose.