Subject Areas on Research
- 'Unlearning' has a stabilizing effect in collective memories.
- A calorimetric and equilibrium investigation of the hydrolysis of lactose.
- A coaxial microwave applicator for transurethral hyperthermia of the prostate.
- A comparison of methods for the estimation of plasma low- and very low-density lipoprotein cholesterol. The Lipid Research Clinics Prevalence Study.
- A comparison of test statistics for assessing the effects of concomitant variables in survival analysis.
- A filtered backprojection algorithm for axial head motion correction in fan-beam SPECT.
- A filtered backprojection algorithm for pinhole SPECT with a displaced centre of rotation.
- A filtered-backprojection algorithm for fan-beam SPECT which corrects for patient motion.
- A flexible method for simulating cardiac conduction in three-dimensional complex geometries.
- A gestational-age-independent model of birth weight based on placental size.
- A high resolution structure of an inhibitor complex of the extracellular nuclease of Staphylococcus aureus. I. Experimental procedures and chain tracing.
- A kinetic study of protein-protein interactions.
- A kinetic study of the binding of an ADP fluorescent analog to mitochondrial ATPase.
- A mathematical model for analysis of pharmacologically induced changes in the kinetics of cardiac muscle.
- A mathematical model gives insights into nutritional and genetic aspects of folate-mediated one-carbon metabolism.
- A mathematical model quantifying GnRH-induced LH secretion from gonadotropes.
- A method to study the characteristics of 3D dose distributions created by superposition of many intensity-modulated beams delivered via a slit aperture with multiple absorbing vanes.
- A model for fast axonal transport.
- A model of harmine metabolism in the rat.
- A multivariate approach for classifying hospitals and computing blended payment rates.
- A new erythrocyte membrane-associated protein with calmodulin binding activity. Identification and purification.
- A new fully automated approach for aligning and comparing shapes.
- A nonparametric general linear model.
- A novel micropipet method for measuring the bending modulus of vesicle membranes.
- A nuclear magnetic resonance study of the interaction of L-epinephrine with phospholipid vesicles.
- A pharmacodynamic model to investigate the structure-activity profile of a series of novel opioid analgesics.
- A physiologic model of the dehydroepiandrosterone to estrogen conversion system in the fetoplacental unit. I. Development.
- A quantitative description of QX222 blockade of sodium channels in squid axons.
- A rapid micromethod for determination of FMN and FAD in mixtures.
- A refocused and optimized HNCA: increased sensitivity and resolution in large macromolecules.
- A semiclassical theory for nerve excitation by a low intensity electromagnetic field.
- A sensitive measure of surface stress in the resting neutrophil.
- A sensitivity analysis of enzymatic estimation of infarct size.
- A simple model for calcium induced exocytosis.
- A simple technique for the measurement of swimming speed of Chlamydomonas.
- A study of calcium deposition in the skeleton of a dog using autoradiography.
- A study of the binding of thiamine diphosphate and thiochrome diphosphate to the pyruvate dehydrogenase multienzyme complex.
- A ternary complex model explains the agonist-specific binding properties of the adenylate cyclase-coupled beta-adrenergic receptor.
- A thermodynamic study of the partition of n-hexane into phosphatidylcholine and phosphatidylcholine-cholesterol bilayers.
- ATP-sensitive K+ channels in a plasma membrane H+-ATPase mutant of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- Activation of beef heart mitochondrial adenosine triphosphatase by 2,4-dinitrophenol.
- Activation of phenylalanine hydroxylase by phenylalanine.
- Adapting-bump model for eccentric cells of Limulus.
- Age and the purchase of prescription drug insurance by older adults.
- Aggregation of rabbit muscle phosphofructokinase.
- Allostery in Callinectes sapidus hemocyanin: cooperative oxygen binding and interactions with L-lactate, calcium, and protons.
- Amino acid sequences of pyridoxal 5'-phosphate binding sites and fluorescence resonance energy transfer in chicken liver fatty acid synthase.
- An economic and linear model of the hospital.
- An empirical basis for Mach bands.
- An equilibrium binding study of the interaction of aspartate transcarbamylase with cytidine 5'-triphosphate and adenosine 5'-triphosphate.
- An equilibrium binding study of the interaction of fructose 6-phosphate and fructose 1,6-bisphosphate with rabbit muscle phosphofructokinase.
- Analysis of the effect of three different allosteric ligands on oxygen binding by hemocyanin of the shrimp, Penaeus setiferus.
- Analysis of the volume of red blood cells: application of the expectation-maximization algorithm to grouped data from the doubly-truncated lognormal distribution.
- Angle correction can be used to measure peak systolic velocity in the fetal middle cerebral artery.
- Appendices. Kinetic models for the analysis of modulation and suppression of irreversible enzymatic inhibition.
- Application of in vivo and in vitro pharmacokinetics for physiologically relevant drug exposure in a human tumor clonogenic cell assay.
- Arithmetic difficulties in females with the fragile X premutation.
- Aromatherapy positively affects mood, EEG patterns of alertness and math computations.
- Asbestos body concentrations in human lung: predictions from asbestos body counts in tissue sections with a mathematical model.
- Assembly and calcium-induced cooperativity of Limulus IV hemocyanin: a model system for analysis of structure-function relationships in the absence of subunit heterogeneity.
- Assessing genetic association with human survival at multi-allelic loci.
- Assessment of health literacy and numeracy among Spanish-Speaking parents of young children: validation of the Spanish Parental Health Literacy Activities Test (PHLAT Spanish).
- Assignment of the absolute configuration of [n]-ladderanes by TD-DFT optical rotation calculations.
- Atomic contributions to the optical rotation angle as a quantitative probe of molecular chirality.
- Attention Problems and Academic Achievement: Do Persistent and Earlier-Emerging Problems Have More Adverse Long-Term Effects?
- Automated production of contour maps for electrophysiology. I. Problem definition, solution strategy, and specification of geometric model.
- Automated production of contour maps for electrophysiology. II. Triangulation, verification, and organization of the geometric model.
- Automated production of contour maps for electrophysiology. III. Construction of contour maps.
- Automatic integration of the reaction path using diagonally implicit Runge-Kutta methods.
- Bayesian analysis of proportional hazards models built from monotone functions.
- Beam steering with linear arrays.
- Bioluminescence screening for bacteriuria.
- Blockade of rabbit atrial sodium channels by lidocaine. Characterization of continuous and frequency-dependent blocking.
- Brief Report: Executive Function as a Predictor of Academic Achievement in School-Aged Children with ASD.
- Broadening of the RF power-density window for calcium-ion efflux from brain tissue.
- CNR enhancement in the presence of multiple interfering processes using linear filters
- CO binding by hemocyanins of Limulus polyphemus, Busycon carica, and Callinectes sapidus.
- Calculation on fluorescence resonance energy transfer on surfaces.
- Calorimetry and respirometry in guinea pigs in hydrox and heliox at 10-60 atm.
- Carbon monoxide binding by hemoglobin and myoglobin under photodissociating conditions.
- Carbon monoxide binding by simple heme proteins under photodissociating conditions.
- Cardiac extracellular potentials. Analysis of complex wave forms about the Purkinje networks in dogs.
- Catalytic properties of the HhaII restriction endonuclease.
- Chance-corrected sensitivity and specificity for three-zone diagnostic tests.
- Changes in hematocrit based on incremental blood sampling: mathematical models perform poorly.
- Characterization of nucleotide binding sites on chloroplast coupling factor 1.
- Characterization of sulfhydryl groups on chloroplast coupling factor 1 exposed by heat activation.
- Characterization of tumour temperature distributions in hyperthermia based on assumed mathematical forms.
- Chemical modification and fluorescence studies of chloroplast coupling factor.
- Child Development in Low- and Middle-Income Countries.
- Clinical implications of numeracy: theory and practice.
- Coevolution of the major histocompatibility complex and the t-complex in the mouse. I. Generation and maintenance of high complementarity associations.
- Coevolution of the major histocompatibility complex and the t-complex in the mouse. II. Modification of response to sharing of histocompatibility antigens.
- Comparison of biplane and single plane left ventricular volumes in atrial septal defect.
- Compartmental analysis of amine storage in bovine adrenal medullary granules.
- Competition in oxygen-linked anion binding to normal and variant human hemoglobins.
- Competition of hydrophobic peptides, cytotoxic drugs, and chemosensitizers on a common P-glycoprotein pharmacophore as revealed by its ATPase activity.
- Completeness of the geological record.
- Complex-dependent inhibition of factor VIIa by antithrombin III and heparin.
- Computational techniques for fast hyperthermia temperature optimization.
- Computer simulations of morphologically reconstructed CA3 hippocampal neurons.
- Computing inverse solutions for an on-off heart model.
- Cone beam collimation for single photon emission computed tomography: analysis, simulation, and image reconstruction using filtered backprojection.
- Conformation and protease binding activity of binary and ternary human alpha 2-macroglobulin-protease complexes.
- Contribution of afterload, hypertrophy and geometry to left ventricular ejection fraction in aortic valve stenosis, pure aortic regurgitation and idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Controlled eddy currents: applications to MR imaging.
- Coupling coherence distinguishes structure sensitivity in protein electron transfer.
- Current density and electrically induced ventricular fibrillation.
- Current density and electrically induced ventricular fibrillation.
- Cyclic adenosine 3':5'-monophosphate-dependent protein kinase.
- DQE(f) of four generations of computed radiography acquisition devices.
- Degeneration and aging affect the tensile behavior of human lumbar anulus fibrosus.
- Determination of electric parameters of cell membranes by a dielectrophoresis method.
- Determining surface potentials from current dipoles, with application to electrocardiography.
- Developmental trajectory of neural specialization for letter and number visual processing.
- Dielectrophoresis and electrorotation of neurospora slime and murine myeloma cells.
- Different effects of two types of ischemia on myocardial systolic and diastolic function.
- Direct determination of the lamellar structure of peripheral nerve myelin at low resolution (17 A).
- Direct determination of the lamellar structure of peripheral nerve myelin at moderate resolution (7A).
- Direct structure determination of multilayered membrane-type systems which contain fluid layers.
- Dispersion of latencies in photoreceptors of Limulus and the adapting-bump model.
- Disproportionate effects of regional hypokinesis on radionuclide ejection fraction: compensation using attenuation-corrected ventricular volumes.
- Dosimetry and microdosimetry of targeted radiotherapy.
- Drought, snails, and large-scale die-off of southern U.S. salt marshes.
- Dual-wavelength ratiometric fluorescence measurement of the membrane dipole potential.
- Effect of cytoskeletal geometry on intracellular diffusion.
- Effect of junctional resistance on source-strength in a linear cable.
- Effect of steady illumination on the binding of carbon monoxide by carboxymethylated cytochrome c.
- Effect of streptavidin affinity mutants on the integrin-independent adhesion of biotinylated endothelial cells.
- Effects of Numerical Versus Foreground-Only Icon Displays on Understanding of Risk Magnitudes.
- Effects of age and rapid high-pressure fixation on the morphology of Schlemm's canal.
- Effects of health insurance on physicians' fees.
- Effects of multiple metal binding sites on calcium and magnesium-dependent activation of BK channels.
- Effects of propranolol on cardiovascular and neuroendocrine responses to mental arithmetic in type A men.
- Effects of undersampling on the proper interpretation of modulation transfer function, noise power spectra, and noise equivalent quanta of digital imaging systems.
- Electrical characteristics of dendrites and dendritic spines in intracellularly stained CA3 and dentate hippocampal neurons.
- Electro-mechanical permeabilization of lipid vesicles. Role of membrane tension and compressibility.
- Electrophysiological evidence for the involvement of the approximate number system in preschoolers' processing of spoken number words.
- Elementary steps in the reaction mechanism of chicken liver fatty acid synthase. pH dependence of NADPH binding and isotope rate effect for beta-ketoacyl reductase.
- Elementary steps in the reaction mechanism of chicken liver fatty acid synthase: acetylation-deacetylation.
- Elementary steps in the reaction mechanism of the alpha-ketoglutarate dehydrogenase multienzyme complex from Escherichia coli: kinetics of succinylation and desuccinylation.
- Elementary steps in the reaction mechanism of the pyruvate dehydrogenase multienzyme complex from Escherichia coli: kinetics of acetylation and deacetylation.
- Energetics of lectin-carbohydrate binding. A microcalorimetric investigation of concanavalin A-oligomannoside complexation.
- Enrollment in prescription drug insurance: the interaction of numeracy and choice set size.
- Equations for predicting diver regional skin temperatures as a function of mean skin temperature.
- Equilibrium binding of nucleotides to beef heart mitochondrial adenosine triphosphatase.
- Estimating drug shelf-life with random batches.
- Estimating the likelihood of significant coronary artery disease.
- Estimation of tissue resistivities from multiple-electrode impedance measurements.
- Ethynodiol diacetate metabolites in human plasma.
- Evaluation and clinical application of a direct low-density lipoprotein cholesterol assay in normolipidemic and hyperlipidemic adults.
- Evaluation of myocardial and peripheral vascular responses during reaction time, mental arithmetic, and cold pressor tasks.
- Examination of the choice of models for computing the extracellular potential of a single fibre in a restricted volume conductor.
- Existence of a flat phase in red cell membrane skeletons.
- Experience-dependent hemispheric specialization of letters and numbers is revealed in early visual processing.
- Exponential models for analyses of time-related factors, illustrated with asbestos textile worker mortality data.
- Extending the NMR spatial resolution limit for RNA by motional couplings.
- Extracellular potentials related to intracellular action potentials during impulse conduction in anisotropic canine cardiac muscle.
- Factors associated with arithmetic-and-reading disability and specific arithmetic disability.
- Factors that influence siderophoremediated iron bioavailability: catalysis of interligand iron (III) transfer from ferrioxamine B to EDTA by hydroxamic acids.
- Feasibility study for a two-dimensional diagnostic ultrasound velocity mapping system.
- Femtosecond phase-coherent two-dimensional spectroscopy.
- Finding motion parameters from spherical motion fields (or the advantages of having eyes in the back of your head).
- Flow permeation analysis of bovine cervical mucus.
- Fluctuation-driven directional flow in biochemical cycle: further study of electric activation of Na,K pumps.
- Fluid dynamics of aortic stenosis: mechanisms for the presence of subvalvular pressure gradients.
- Fluorescence energy transfer between ligand binding sites on aspartate transcarbamylase.
- Fluorescence energy transfer between ligand binding sites on chloroplast coupling factor 1.
- Fluorescence energy transfer between the thiamine diphosphate and flavine adenine dinucleotide binding sites on the pyruvate dehydrogenase multienzyme complex.
- Fluorescence energy transfer measurements between ligand binding sites of the pyruvate dehydrogenase multienzyme complex.
- Fluorescence energy transfer measurements in rabbit muscle phosphofructokinase.
- Fluorescence energy transfer measurements in the pyruvate dehydrogenase multienzyme complex from Escherichia coli with chemically modified lipoic acid.
- Fluorescence photobleaching with spatial Fourier analysis: measurement of diffusion in light-scattering media.
- Fluorescence polarization study of the alpha-ketoglutarate dehydrogenase complex from Escherichia coli.
- Fluorescence studies of the pyruvate dehydrogenase multienzyme complex from Escherichia coli.
- Forces for morphogenesis investigated with laser microsurgery and quantitative modeling.
- Frequency-dependent absorption of electromagnetic energy in biological tissue.
- Fully three-dimensional positron emission tomography.
- Functional morphology of the Neandertal scapular glenoid fossa.
- Fundamentals of quantitative dynamic contrast-enhanced MR imaging.
- Further studies of a macrophage chemotaxis inhibitor (MCI) produced by neoplasms: murine tumors free of lactic dehydrogenase virus produce MCI.
- Fuzzy and crisp set-theoretic-based classification of health and disease. A qualitative and quantitative comparison.
- Glycemic response to stress is altered in euglycemic Pima Indians.
- Grade of Membership generalizations and aging research.
- Hardness, softness, and the fukui function in the electronic theory of metals and catalysis.
- Health numeracy: the importance of domain in assessing numeracy.
- Hemodynamic collapse, geometry, and the rapidly paced upper limit of ventricular vulnerability to fibrillation by T-wave stimulation.
- Holography in artificial neural networks.
- Homogeneous NMR spectra in inhomogeneous fields.
- Human erythrocyte catalase: an improved method of isolation and a reevaluation of reported properties.
- Human in vivo phosphate metabolite imaging with 31P NMR.
- Hydrocephalus as a possible additional contributor to cognitive outcome in survivors of pediatric medulloblastoma.
- Hypercortisolism associated with social subordinance or social isolation among wild baboons.
- Identification of chloride-binding sites in hemoglobin by nuclear-magnetic-resonance quadrupole-relaxation studies of hemoglobin digests.
- Imaging with intermolecular multiple-quantum coherences in solution nuclear magnetic resonance.
- Impact of North Carolina's Early Childhood Programs and Policies on Educational Outcomes in Elementary School
- Improved magnetic resonance thermal imaging by combining proton resonance frequency shift (PRFS) and apparent diffusion coefficient (ADC) data.
- Individual differences in executive function partially explain the socioeconomic gradient in middle-school academic achievement.
- Individual fecundity and senescence in Drosophila and medfly.
- Induced alpha-band oscillations reflect ratio-dependent number discrimination in the infant brain.
- Interaction of aspartate transcarbamylase with 5-bromocytidine 5'-tri-, di-, and monophosphates.
- Interaction of reduced nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide with beef heart s-malate dehydrogenase.
- Interactions between charged, uncharged, and zwitterionic bilayers containing phosphatidylglycerol.
- Interactions of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotides with varied states and forms of hemoglobin.
- Intermolecular zero-quantum coherence imaging of the human brain
- Interstitial potentials and their change with depth into cardiac tissue.
- Intrachromosomal gene conversion and the maintenance of sequence homogeneity among repeated genes.
- Inverse calculation of QRS-T epicardial potentials from body surface potential distributions for normal and ectopic beats in the intact dog.
- Investigation of quercetin binding sites on chloroplast coupling factor 1.
- Kinetic studies of tryptophan synthetase. Interaction of L-serine, indole, and tryptophan with the native enzyme.
- Kinetics of allosteric enzymes.
- Kinetics of protein-protein association explained by Brownian dynamics computer simulation.
- Kinetics of reduction of cytochrome c oxidase by dithionite and the effect of hydrogen peroxide.
- Life table techniques for multiple-cause mortality.
- Likelihood ratios for continuous test results--making the clinicians' job easier or harder?
- Line spread response for a scintillation camera and movable filter plate system.
- Linear algebraic transformations of the bidomain equations: implications for numerical methods.
- Lipoprotein (a): purification and kinetic analysis.
- Long-term monitoring of bacteria undergoing programmed population control in a microchemostat.
- Longitudinal models for chronic disease risk: an evaluation of logistic multiple regression and alternatives.
- MR imaging contrast enhancement based on intermolecular zero quantum coherences.
- Massage therapy reduces anxiety and enhances EEG pattern of alertness and math computations.
- Mathematical modeling: epidemiology meets systems biology.
- Mathematical modelling of aqueous humour outflow from the eye through the pores in the lining endothelium of Schlemm's canal.
- Mathematical modifications fail to improve CPK estimates of extent of infarct.
- Mathematics intervention for prevention of neurocognitive deficits in childhood leukemia.
- Measuring numeracy without a math test: development of the Subjective Numeracy Scale.
- Mechanics of electrocompression of lipid bilayer membranes.
- Mechanics of sperm-egg interaction at the zona pellucida.
- Mechanism for catalysis and regulation of adenosine 5'-triphosphate hydrolysis by chloroplast coupling factor 1.
- Mechanism of nicotinamide-adenine dinucleotide binding to rabbit muscle glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate dehydrogenase.
- Mechanism of time-dependent inhibition of 5 alpha-reductases by delta 1-4-azasteroids: toward perfection of rates of time-dependent inhibition by using ligand-binding energies.
- Mechanisms of use-dependent block of sodium channels in excitable membranes by local anesthetics.
- Methods for evaluating the heterogeneity of aging processes in human populations using vital statistics data: explaining the black/white mortality crossover by a model of mortality selection.
- Methods for measurement of body surface area.
- Micropipette suction for measuring piconewton forces of adhesion and tether formation from neutrophil membranes.
- Microtubule treadmilling in vitro investigated by fluorescence speckle and confocal microscopy.
- Microvascular hematocrit and red cell flow in resting and contracting striated muscle.
- Microwave power absorption differences between normal and malignant tissue.
- Microwave refraction in the eye.
- Microwave-field-driven acoustic modes in DNA.
- Modeling electroporation in a single cell. I. Effects Of field strength and rest potential.
- Modeling of sequestration and down regulation in cells containing beta2-adrenergic receptors.
- Modeling the Ames test.
- Modeling the effects of electric fields on nerve fibers: determination of excitation thresholds.
- Models for coronary pressure-flow relationships.
- Modification of a cylindrical bidomain model for cardiac tissue.
- Modulation of the interbilayer hydration pressure by the addition of dipoles at the hydrocarbon/water interface.
- Monaghan 225 ventilator use under hyperbaric conditions.
- Monitoring renal transplants: An application of the multi-process Kalman filter
- Monte Carlo evaluation of Compton scatter subtraction in single photon emission computed tomography.
- Multilayer adsorption of lysozyme on a hydrophobic substrate.
- Mössbauer evidence for exchange-coupled siroheme and [4Fe-4S] prosthetic groups in Escherichia coli sulfite reductase. Studies of the reduced states and of a nitrite turnover complex.
- Mössbauer studies of Escherichia coli sulfite reductase complexes with carbon monoxide and cyanide. Exchange coupling and intrinsic properties of the [4Fe-4S] cluster.
- Natural selection of memory-one strategies for the iterated prisoner's dilemma.
- Neural activity during natural viewing of Sesame Street statistically predicts test scores in early childhood.
- Neurophysiological signatures of approximate number system acuity in preschoolers.
- New destinations, new trajectories? The educational progress of Hispanic youth in North Carolina.
- New measures of sperm motion. I. Adaptive smoothing and harmonic analysis.
- Nonequilibrium mechanics of active cytoskeletal networks.
- Nuclear magnetic resonance study of ligand binding to Mn-aspartate transcarbamylase.
- Off-center spherical model for dosimetry calculations in chick brain tissue.
- On the asymmetry of frog retinal rod outer segment disk membranes.
- On the character of an distance between states in a binary switching net.
- On the evolution of genetic incompatibility systems. VI. A three-locus modifier model for the origin of gametophytic self-incompatibility.
- Open Na+ channel blockade: multiple rest states revealed by channel interactions with disopyramide and quinidine.
- Optimal sequence selection in proteins of known structure by simulated evolution.
- Oxygen binding by Limulus polyphemus hemocyanin: allosteric modulation by chloride ions.
- Parental misinterpretations of over-the-counter pediatric cough and cold medication labels.
- Pathway analysis of protein electron-transfer reactions.
- Pathways of folding of reduced bovine pancreatic ribonuclease.
- Periodic conductivity as a mechanism for cardiac stimulation and defibrillation.
- Pharmacokinetic analysis of two-step approaches using bifunctional and enzyme-conjugated antibodies.
- Phase I and clinical pharmacology study of trimetrexate administered weekly for three weeks.
- Phase aberration correction using echo signals from moving targets. I: Description and theory.
- Phase-lifetime spectrophotometry of deoxycholate-purified bacteriorhodopsin reconstituted into asolectin vesicles.
- Physical parameters of the anesthetic site.
- Physical penumbra change of beam profile due to film digitization.
- Plasticity of directional place fields in a model of rodent CA3.
- Polarized light propagation in corneal lamellae.
- Postsecondary Faculty Attitudes and Beliefs about Writing-Based Pedagogies in the STEM Classroom.
- Potential and current distributions in a cylindrical bundle of cardiac tissue.
- Probing the renin active site by collisional quenching of endogenous fluorescence.
- Propagation model using the DiFrancesco-Noble equations. Comparison to reported experimental results.
- Propagation of excitation in idealized anisotropic two-dimensional tissue.
- Propagation of fluctuations in biochemical systems, I: linear SSC networks.
- Protein electron transfer rates set by the bridging secondary and tertiary structure.
- Proton NMR of Escherichia coli sulfite reductase: the unligated hemeprotein subunit.
- Pulmonary hemodynamic consequences of ECG-synchronized ventilation.
- Pulmonary vascular impedance analysis of adaptation to chronically elevated blood flow in the awake dog.
- Quantitative analysis of variable-angle total internal reflection fluorescence microscopy (VA-TIRFM) of cell/substrate contacts.
- Quantitative models of hybrid dysgenesis: rapid evolution under transposition, extrachromosomal inheritance, and fertility selection.
- Quasielastic light scattering by biopolymers. Conformation of chromatin multimers.
- Race and gender comparisons: I. Hemodynamic responses to a series of stressors.
- Range and magnitude of the steric pressure between bilayers containing phospholipids with covalently attached poly(ethylene glycol).
- Real-time stereo 3D ultrasound.
- Receptor biophysics and biochemistry. Enzymes.
- Reduced nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate-sulfite reductase of enterobacteria. V. Studies with the Escherichia coli hemoflavoprotein depleted of flavin mononucleotide: distinct roles for the flavin adenine dinucleotide and flavin mononucleotide prosthetic groups in catalysis.
- Reduced nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate-sulfite reductase of enterobacteria. VI. The reaction of carbon monoxide with the Escherichia coli holoenzyme, the hemoprotein, and free siroheme.
- Refractory calculation-induced idiopathic generalized epilepsy: a case report and review of the literature.
- Regional H2O2 concentration in rat brain after hyperoxic convulsions.
- Regional geometry and function during myocardial ischemia and recovery.
- Relating epicardial to body surface potential distributions by means of transfer coefficients based on geometry measurements.
- Relative wall thickness analysis by two-dimensional echocardiography.
- Relaxation spectra of adenosine triphosphate-creatine phosphotransferase.
- Relaxation spectra of aspartate transcarbamylase. I. Interaction of 5-bromocytidine triphosphate with native enzyme and regulatory subunit.
- Relaxation spectra of aspartate transcarbamylase. Interaction of the catalytic subunit with carbamyl phosphate, succinate, and L-malate.
- Relaxation spectra of aspartate transcarbamylase. Interaction of the native enzyme with an adenosine 5'-triphosphate analog.
- Relaxation spectra of aspartate transcarbamylase. Interaction of the native enzyme with aspartate analogs.
- Relaxation spectra of aspartate transcarbamylase. Interaction of the native enzyme with carbamyl phosphate.
- Relaxation spectra of aspartate transcarbamylase. Interaction of the native enzyme with cytidine 5'-triphosphate.
- Relaxation spectrometry of biological systems.
- Repulsive interactions between uncharged bilayers. Hydration and fluctuation pressures for monoglycerides.
- Response of a single cell to an external electric field.
- Rheological properties of living cytoplasm: endoplasm of Physarum plasmodium.
- Rhodamine 123 as a probe of transmembrane potential in isolated rat-liver mitochondria: spectral and metabolic properties.
- Rod outer segment structure influences the apparent kinetic parameters of cyclic GMP phosphodiesterase.
- Role of membrane curvature in mechanoelectrical transduction: ion carriers nonactin and valinomycin sense changes in integral bending energy.
- Scaled medial axis representation: evidence from position discrimination task.
- Sculpting proteins interactively: continual energy minimization embedded in a graphical modeling system.
- Segmental cable evaluation of somatic transients in hippocampal neurons (CA1, CA3, and dentate).
- Selection of the number and positions of measuring locations for electrocardiography.
- Shoot structure and photosynthetic efficiency along the light gradient in a Scots pine canopy.
- Signal discretization: a source of error in histograms of ion channel events.
- Simple models for community exposure from point sources of pollution.
- Single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT). Principles and instrumentation.
- Specific absorption rate in electrically coupled biological samples between metal plates.
- Standardization of Spirometry, 1994 Update. American Thoracic Society.
- Statistical methods for two-sequence three-period cross-over designs with incomplete data.
- Steady state kinetic studies of purified yeast plasma membrane proton-translocating ATPase.
- Steady state kinetics of ATP synthesis and hydrolysis catalyzed by reconstituted chloroplast coupling factor.
- Steady state variables in the guarded receptor hypothesis.
- Steady-state kinetic study of fatty acid synthase from chicken liver.
- Steady-state kinetic study of rabbit muscle phosphofructokinase.
- Stent impact on the geometry of the carotid bifurcation and the course of the internal carotid artery.
- Stochastic model for analysis of longitudinal data on aging and mortality.
- Structural interpretation of the birefringence gradient in retinal rod outer segments.
- Structural investigation of reconstituted chloroplast ATPase with fluorescence measurements.
- Structural organization of chloroplast coupling factor.
- Structural organization of the human insulin receptor ectodomain.
- Structure and mechanical properties of giant lipid (DMPC) vesicle bilayers from 20 degrees C below to 10 degrees C above the liquid crystal-crystalline phase transition at 24 degrees C.
- Structure-activity relationships of noreperidine congeners on cholinesterase systems in vitro and analgesia in vivo.
- Student Learning Dispositions: Multidimensional Profiles Highlight Important Differences among Undergraduate STEM Honors Thesis Writers.
- T1rho imaging using magnetization-prepared projection encoding (MaPPE).
- Technical note: out-of-plane angular correction based on a trigonometric function for use in two-dimensional kinematic studies.
- Temperature-jump study of the interaction of rabbit muscle phosphofructokinase with adenylyl imidodiphosphate and adenosine 5'-triphosphate.
- Test of the Epstein-Plesset model for gas microparticle dissolution in aqueous media: effect of surface tension and gas undersaturation in solution.
- The closed form solution to the periodic core-conductor model using asymptotic analysis.
- The dissociation of catecholamine and hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal responses to daily stressors using dexamethasone.
- The effect of numeracy level on completeness of home blood pressure monitoring.
- The effects of health histories on stochastic process models of aging and mortality.
- The family routines inventory: development and validation.
- The four-electrode resistivity technique as applied to cardiac muscle.
- The global stoichiometry of litter nitrogen mineralization.
- The impact of heterogeneity in individual frailty on the dynamics of mortality.
- The kinetics of intramolecular distribution of 15N in uric acid after administration of (15N) glycine. A reappraisal of the significance of preferential labeling of N-(3+9) of uric acid in primary gout.
- The kinetics of intramolecular distribution of 15N in uric acid following administration of 15N-glycine: preferential labeling of N-(3+9) of uric acid in primary gout and a reappraisal of the "glutamine hypothesis".
- The lamellar structure of nerve myelin after rehydration.
- The relationship between enzymatic and histologic estimates of the extent of myocardial infarction in conscious dogs with permanent coronary occlusion.
- The retinal arteriole to venule ratio: informative or deceptive?
- The role of subunit entropy in cooperative assembly. Nucleation of microtubules and other two-dimensional polymers.
- The secretory granule matrix-electrolyte interface: a homologue of the p-n rectifying junction.
- The structure of food webs.
- The viscosity of neutrophils and their transit times through small pores.
- Theoretical analysis of radioactivity profiles during fast axonal transport: effects of deposition and turnover.
- Theoretical and measured electric field distributions within an annular phased array: consideration of source antennas.
- Theoretical characterization of ion channel blockade. Competitive binding to periodically accessible receptors.
- Theoretical characterization of ion channel blockade: ligand binding to periodically accessible receptors.
- Thermodynamic limits to the ATP/site stoichiometries of oxidative phosphorylation by rat liver mitochondria.
- Thermodynamic parameters governing interaction of EcoRI endonuclease with specific and nonspecific DNA sequences.
- Thin-layer methods for determination of oxygen binding curves of hemoglobin solutions and blood.
- Three-dimensional arm movements at constant equi-affine speed.
- Three-dimensional structures of C-phycocyanin and B-phycoerythrin at 5-A resolution.
- Threshold variability in fibers with field stimulation of excitable membranes.
- Time-dependent recovery of passive neutrophils after large deformation.
- Total internal reflection fluorescence (TIRF) microscopy. I. Modelling cell contact region fluorescence.
- Towards a genetic theory for the evolution of the sex ratio. III. Parental and sibling control of brood investment ratio under partial sib-mating.
- Toxicity, elimination, and metabolism of 10-ethyl-10-deazaaminopterin in rats and dogs.
- Transient finite element analysis of thermal methods used to estimate SAR and blood flow in homogeneously and nonhomogeneously perfused tumour models.
- Truncation artifact reduction in transmission CT for improved SPECT attenuation compensation.
- Two models for transforming auditory signals from head-centered to eye-centered coordinates.
- U.S. cancer mortality 1950-1978: a strategy for analyzing spatial and temporal patterns.
- Ultrasonic examination of the silicone-filled eye: theoretical and practical considerations.
- Understanding the role of numeracy in health: proposed theoretical framework and practical insights.
- Use of a specific probe for ovalbumin messenger RNA to quantitate estrogen-induced gene transcripts.
- Vasodilator therapy in acute myocardial infarction. A comparison of sodium nitroprusside and nitroglycerin.
- Vestibular signals carried by pathways subserving plasticity of the vestibulo-ocular reflex in monkeys.
- Wavelet formation in excitable cardiac tissue: the role of wavefront-obstacle interactions in initiating high-frequency fibrillatory-like arrhythmias.
- Wavelet variations on the Shannon sampling theorem.
- Why are angles misperceived?
- Writing-to-learn in undergraduate science education: a community-based, conceptually driven approach.
- Young children bet on their numerical skills: metacognition in the numerical domain.
- pKa does not predict pH potentiation of sodium channel blockade by lidocaine and W6211 in guinea pig ventricular myocardium.
Keywords of People
- Bennett, Vann, George Barth Geller Distinguished Professor of Molecular Biology, Duke Cancer Institute
- Charles, Hal Cecil, Adjunct Associate Professor in the Department of Radiology, Radiology
- Cianciolo, George James, Associate Professor Emeritus of Pathology, Pathology
- Clotfelter, Charles T., Z. Smith Reynolds Distinguished Professor of Public Policy Studies, Economics
- Colsher, James George, Adjunct Assistant Professor in the Department of Radiology, Radiology
- Craciunescu, Oana, Professor of Radiation Oncology, Radiation Oncology
- Dement, John McCray, Professor Emeritus in Family Medicine and Community Health, Family Medicine & Community Health,Occupational & Environmental Medicine
- Erickson, Harold Paul, James B. Duke Distinguished Professor Emeritus, Cell Biology
- Ladd, Helen F., Susan B. King Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Public Policy, Economics
- Smith, David A., Associate Professor Emeritus of Mathematics, Mathematics